Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Georgia Gardening: Thyme After Thyme near Athens going out of business

Communities > Forums > Georgia Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Georgia GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 68
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
RandyRick
Dahlonega, GA
(Zone 7b)

August 8, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9234173

Thyme After Thyme near Athens airport going out of business.

I just got an email from them stating they are going out of business. this is sad as i've bought numerous plants from them. They have a stock of good quality items at reasonable prices. its a medium-large nursery that grows many of the plants they sell. In any case, they are selling stock at 50% list. so some bargains may be found for those close to athens. http://thymeafterthyme.com/
neababyblu
Cartersville, GA
(Zone 8a)

August 10, 2012
12:08 AM

Post #9236373

I wish I lived closer and I would go and check it out. It will soon be cool enough for some fall planting. I am in Cartersville so it is about two hours to Athens. It is sad that they are going out of business, I hate it that the only places to buy plants will soon be Lowe's and Home Depot, their stock is so limited. I go through my garden books and I see so many things that I would love to get, but you can't find them here.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

August 14, 2012
7:33 PM

Post #9241810

So sad. Their plants are great and they are so nice. Plus, the nursery is beautiful. If you can get there it is a lovely day trip. We once did a RU day trip there, traded plants in the gravel parking area, shopped and caravaned to a nearby cafe for lunch. A lovely day.
frausnow
Winterville, GA
(Zone 7b)

August 28, 2012
11:58 AM

Post #9257121

MaypopLaurel,
I remember that day! We went to the Cafe' Marigold for lunch. It was sold to "From Scratch".

I've been to Thyme After Thyme twice and plan on going back. They still have so much left.

I sure am going to miss them.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

August 28, 2012
12:10 PM

Post #9257138

Yes, of course. You organized that trip. I couldn't recall the name of the cafe. I'd go over there but it takes a good hour for me, even from Cleveland, and our garden is being harvested full tilt these days.

You weren't around for awhile. Glad to see you back.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Georgia Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Favorite Local Nursery? violabird 23 Apr 17, 2007 9:17 PM
Corn Gluten Meal SusanCalvert 10 Aug 11, 2009 7:40 PM
wild roses teateacher 11 Jun 1, 2007 4:31 PM
Grass out, Moss in soupcon 15 May 14, 2008 4:28 PM
powdery mildew remedies soupcon 4 May 31, 2007 3:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America