Photo by Melody

Insect and Spider Identification: SOLVED: What kind of spider is this? (N. Idaho and E. Washington)

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 3, Views: 46
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Certifiable
Coeur D Alene, ID

August 8, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9234589

Found two of these running across the dining room/kitchen on two consecutive nights. Not sure what it is, haven't seen one here before that we can remember. Also, my gf who lives about 60 miles west of me in E. Washington also had a few in her basement. Was not aggressive. Pictures are a little blurry but I'm thinking it's a grass spider, but at first was thinking possibly a hobo spider. Any ideas?

and yes, for anyone who is upset by the killing of anything living, it was killed and disposed of. My thirteen year old niece is scared to death of them. So if that offends you, I apologize. I only posted those pics because i thought you could see the legs better.

Thumbnail by Certifiable   Thumbnail by Certifiable   Thumbnail by Certifiable
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Flapdoodle
Minot, ND

August 8, 2012
5:56 PM

Post #9234921

Appears to be a harmless grass spider. See http://pep.wsu.edu/pdf/PLS116_1.pdf for a good pub on identifying hobo spiders.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

August 8, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9235020

FP, thanks for that. It's very interesting.
Certifiable
Coeur D Alene, ID

August 10, 2012
4:09 PM

Post #9237119

That's great news, I was trying to figure out if it was a hobo, then why are they traveling through my house? I've had a couple a day for about a week. Just out of the blue. Thanks for the information.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 24 May 28, 2013 5:14 PM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America