Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Perennials: What do you recommend for this sick peony plant?

Communities > Forums > Perennials
bookmark
Forum: PerennialsReplies: 1, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 9, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #9236063

I've been noticing for the past week large brown spots/blotches on one of my peony, the beautiful burgundy one I rec'd from Holly at the May plant swap. I did some research on i the internet and it appears that not only does the peony have leaf blotch and botrytis blight. It suggest a fungicide but doesn't specific one that is highly recommended. Do I need to cut the plant back before the Fall?
I think with the high temperatures constantly for over 40 days, and me watering with hose foliage and soil..that didn't help matters. I don't want to lose this as Holly gave it to me.. It is special! I started noticing like silver on the leaves..I watered this morning but made sure not to water the foliage. We are having a storm now with thunder, lightning, hail and hard rain and wind. We sure needed the rain so it is most welcomed.

Hope some of you will say this has happened to your peony plants and will offer some advice other than what I read on the internet.
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 9, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9236064

The peony plant was very healthy when I rec'd it from Holly in May..Just needed to clarify that.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Campanula Wonder Bells Blue Gloriaglolms 37 Apr 11, 2009 4:28 PM
Oriental Poppy Pops! Weezingreens 34 Jun 27, 2010 6:36 AM
BLUE FLOWERS Lori_Illinois 62 May 4, 2010 4:09 PM
Triple Roadside/Ditch lily OhioBreezy 21 Jul 9, 2011 6:56 PM
what are you sorry you planted.. thehumblebumble 279 Aug 12, 2012 4:28 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America