Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Caudiciforms: Showing off some new plants...

Communities > Forums > Caudiciforms
bookmark
Forum: CaudiciformsReplies: 4, Views: 58
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
plexippus
Chicago Suburbs, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 10, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9236789

I finally worked up the nerve to try some adeniums. I ordered 2 A. arabicums and 1 A. obesum. They are just little guys but I like watching things grow.

I also recently picked up a climbing onion. After re-potting it and giving it some water it started sending out some new shoots.

Thumbnail by plexippus   Thumbnail by plexippus   Thumbnail by plexippus   Thumbnail by plexippus
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Sally0
Yardley, PA

August 11, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #9238203

How exciting! It is fun watching the growth. When they are little they usually grow fast. The climbing onion sure grows fast. Thanks for sharing.
helenchild
Decatur, GA

August 11, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9238419

I am a big fan of Adeniums. Plus adenia and anything else that grows a caudex. Nice plants plexippus. Have fun growing them big!! The climbing onion will split into two and then again and so forth.
Here is some of my stuff next to the pond. I had to move very thing while the build me a bigger deck!!! I think of the plants as being at summer camp.
Helen

Thumbnail by helenchild
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sally0
Yardley, PA

August 12, 2012
1:17 PM

Post #9239063

Helen, they look so happy and healthy. Some nice, big plants. What are your favorites?

NancySLAZ

NancySLAZ
Sun Lakes, AZ
(Zone 9a)

August 12, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9239367

Yes, Helen, you have wonderful plants. They seem to be thriving in s-h.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Caudiciforms Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Adenium seedpod!! Indigoez 24 Apr 24, 2007 7:17 PM
Great case of mistaken identity GSkinner 16 Nov 22, 2007 2:20 PM
Flowering and Brighamia insignis, Hawaiian Vulcan Palm MartinDK 7 Aug 13, 2007 3:20 PM
Anyone grow Fockeas? Nan 8 Aug 13, 2007 3:30 PM
Brachychiton Nan 5 May 25, 2007 4:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America