Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

oleander

Cave Creek, AZ

I'm looking to trade or buy cutting of named double oleander.
Thanks,
Mickey
Arizona

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Mickey - FYI: every yard here in NW Florida has Oleanders in it. We have mostly singles in lavender, white, yellow, red, pink and dark pink. I have double white and I know where there are some double yellow and even a variegated-leafed one. It is incredibly hot here right now, so I'm not sure now is a good time to be mailing plants.

Cave Creek, AZ

Kay,
Thanks, I have never see the lavender one in person. I hope some day to get one. It's is pretty hot right now to mail cuttings. Now it is too hot for me to even root them outside. I have to root them inside in water and in about 3 week I see roots and I can put them in soil.
Regards,
Mickey

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Mickey, if you find a plant in your area, look around the base - if it's old enough, there will be suckers growing there. Just dig them and replant them.

Cave Creek, AZ

Kay,
Thanks for the tip. I have some in pots with suckers and I have been thinking of air layering them to make trees from them.
Our water table is very low so I don't know if the suckers have roots or they are just coming from the main stem.
Mickey

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.