Who grows Blackberry lilies?

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

A friend gave me a Blackberry lily plant last Fall and it bloomed this spring..The seed pods are green and on there and I know the seeds are in those green pods..What do I do with the green stem/stalk after it is finished blooming? I thought I'd go to Michael's crafts today and look in the weddding section and see if I can buy some organdy favor bags to catch the blackberry lily seeds so they don't self sow where it is planted now because I plan to move it elsewhere in the Fall. Is there any thing I should know before I dig it up and transplant it? We had a storm last night that produced almost 3 in. of much needed rainfall but high winds, hail, thunder and lightning. Should I stake up the BL stem/stalks with plant support rings? What plants go well with Blackberry lily?

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!