Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: 1st Bi-Annual Windchime Swap 2012

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 207, Views: 1,257
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9238499

Ok, as promised - another windchime swap! This one is in honor of my late hubby Glen, who passed away 3 years ago while I was hostessing my very first windchime swap. He was my best friend and I miss him alot - but life has moved on and I want to remember him with a smile on my face, not with a tear in my eye.

I'll take names until August 28th and mailing to be sent out no later than Sept 10th, so our buddies will have them by Glen's birthday on Sept 28th.

Rules are simple:
1. No more than $20 for your buddy's chime/chimes/gifts not including shipping.
2. Don't reveal who your buddy is - it's always fun to be surprised!
3. Please, please please post pictures!! We love to ohhh and ahhh over the treasures that are sent out.
4. Have fun!

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 11, 2012
8:12 PM

Post #9238500

Saved for Participants:

1. ClanCampbell - Chris
2. FOTV - Susan, Fruitness, Fruitcake, Fruity ^_^ Received
3. Hartzell81 - Heather ^_^ Received (need pics)
4. Ahoogstra - Alicia ^_^ Received (need pics)
5. Mud_Elf - Kris
6. Goober_Fairy - Goober ^_^ Received
7. Tater55 - LK
8. Bettypauze - Betty
9. Deejay9 - Susie ^_^ Received
10. Purpbutfly - Cindy ^_^ Received (need pics)
11.Goldhillal - Crystal ^_^ Received
12. Tina_A - Tina ^_^ Received (need pics)
13. WarriorswisdomKathy - Kathy
14. Joycet - Joyce

This message was edited Sep 26, 2012 5:42 PM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2012
8:39 PM

Post #9238532

Me! What a wonderful tribute to Glen and always look forward to this one.

Hubby adores chimes and I do too. Anything goes from tubes, to glass, shells, or bamboo.

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2012
9:14 PM

Post #9238557

In, in, in, in, in!!!!! I already bought my windchine to send in anticipation of this!

*edited to add*
As far as windchimes go if you find something with a turtle theme them AWESOME!!!!! I collect them. Glass is awesome also. Homemade ones too. I don't really like the bamboo ones. I love the metal kind you can find diffrent places.
*edited again because I'm a goober*
I am so tickled to see my name on that list! Ridiculously excited. Maybe because it's my first swap for garden funness that's not seeds. Anyone else feel like a little kid getting a big fat suprise?
This message was edited Aug 12, 2012 12:18 AM

This message was edited Aug 12, 2012 10:32 PM

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

August 12, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9238706

You know I want in already! What an amazing tribute! Hey Fruity...glad to see you here too:) (She was the first swap I ever participated in and I was VERY blessed:) Anything goes for me Chris! Glad to hear from you again!
Alicia

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 12, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9239375

Me,,me,,,mee,,,I am here... i want to join...
Goober_Fairy
Smiths, AL

August 12, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9239381

Hi chris its goober may i please join thanks bye bye
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 12, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9239416

Hi everyone! I've got you all added and I'm really tickled to see Kris and Goober here :) And very honored that Goober liked the name I suggested for her DG name (Although I have a feeling that one was already being discussed!)

I already have my future buddy's chimes as I bought them while down in TX.

I love all kinds, but I love the deeper tones of the metal chimes - if I have any 'theme', I guess it would be birds or garden type. But any will be loved!

I wasn't online last night as I went to a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert - they are amazing! Put on a stupendous show and I wouldn't mind seeing them again sometime.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9239418

Well lookie there, my favorite Fairy!

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2012
7:27 PM

Post #9239451

Clan I am jealous! I would love to see Skynard in concert. Hubster & I don't agree on a lot of our music hems hard rock, classic rock, alternative mostly & I'm all over the place club, salsa, classical, rap, country I can't count the number of times I've been jamming out while doing whatever & heard "Can you turn that down/off hun? You know this is the kitchen/living room/whatever not a club. And yet he puts up with my music, gardening obssession, glitteritis and general nuttiness. I am so *excited* about this swap I can't wait. I picked up an extra goodie for my windchime box today & have 1 or 2 more things to add. Waiting to see what my partners preferences are. I soooo love my discount @ work right now combined with the fact that a lot of the garden displays that are left are 50% off.

Thumbnail by hartzell81

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 13, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9240049

We will be shopping today also. So Goober and I should be ready by the mailing date.

Very excited about this one.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 13, 2012
10:26 AM

Post #9240065

Add my name please? I think imcan find one more spot for a wind chime!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 17, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9244785

Hey Chris, I'm going to hang around and watch. Money is too tight for me to join this time, but I feel like I need to be here since I've been with you from the beginning. I'm still sending you prayers. Can't wait to see all the chimes.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 17, 2012
5:24 PM

Post #9245046

Awww, that's too bad, but I sure understand and thank you so much for being here :)

I hope we get more folk to sign up.. everyone, tell your friends LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 17, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9245082

Would be an honor to put my name down!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 17, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9245143

Thank you for the heads up chris Please add my name to the MIX :))))

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 17, 2012
9:22 PM

Post #9245277

You can put my name down!!!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 18, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9245435

Thank you so much!! I'm glad you've decided to join in this time :)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 18, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9245442

Mine could be sent to LindaKay if that is alright with her as I'll be seeing her in October!

Would make it cheaper for my swap partner!!

Am sure she would take a photo and post for me..don't let me forget to ask LindaKay

This message was edited Aug 18, 2012 8:47 AM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 18, 2012
2:37 PM

Post #9245876

Please add me to this swap Chris. I love windchimes!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 18, 2012
3:59 PM

Post #9245933

Yay Patti... it wouldn't be the same without you :)

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 19, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9246571

What wonderful timing for this as my Dad passed away in his sleep last night and I will hang this in Glen's honor and my Dad's.

If it's closer to send Betty's chime to me, I'll be glad to give it to her in Oct as well as I plan on seeing LK and her at that time, too.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9246704

((Joyce)) I am so sorry to hear of your loss.. I'm honored that you're joining me during such a sad time for you.

I'm not going to do it this time - but I think next year, I'll do a swap that will be in honor of someone special in each of our lives - there are so many 'memorial' garden ornaments, I think that might be a new swap to try.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 19, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9246710

As posted on other threads we've been sisters on , my post remains the same...one of sadness for your loss! The memories you must have,ryan only imagine what was in your talks near the pond, sitting on the swing as you both sipped your coffee..I've a few to cherish myself as I was blessed meeting him and experiencing his sense of humor. God bless you Joyce..he now can sit in the gardens of Eden on a swing that holds he and your mom, he'll have lots to tell her about his "Joyce" and the care his precious daughter gave him in her absence.
Sending soft hugs

Thanks Joyce, and yes if someone has my name who is closer to you they could indeed mail it to you..great excuse to visit with you once again!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #9246728

Sorry to hear about your father Joyce How old was her ? Did he live close by you ??
Chris a MEMORIAL One would be fun to try For As ya all Know MY father also Passed a few weeks ago & it just so strange not
going into the house to get his meals but he is at peace now . & as he would say Life goes On till god is ready for us so live it fully & be happy.
Can hardly wait for my buddies name :)

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 19, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #9246829

Dad was 94. My mother passed last Sept. at 91. They were married 72 years. He was living with me and had been since the end of Dec. So happy to have had that time together. Yes, Betty. I won't sit at the pond without thinking of Dad and our talks while drinking "Nectar o f the gods"! ^_^

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 19, 2012
3:29 PM

Post #9246880

I'm sure you won't Joyce...one cannot I'm sure not look forward to meeting up with their loved one after 72 years of marriage..have a Nectar of the Gods for me Joyce in memory of how 'alive' he was. Many breathe but arnt alive..i could tell he lived every day to the fullest...went back and looked at our photo kissing and thought you just don't know when the Lord will come, best live life to the fullest!

Know my thoughts are with you dear friend!

Will give you a call in a few days..know you need some 'quiet time'
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 19, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9246956

(((Cookie))), Our paths haven't crossed in a long time. I'm so sorry you've lost both your parents in a short time. Married almost 3/4's of a Century, I can only imagine what wonderful, precious memories they left you, your friends and family.

Opening a memorial swap for our departed loved ones would be appropriate for many of us, myself included, when you're ready, Chris.

irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9246967

Hi all! Just dropping in to say hello! I'm going to have to sit this one out Chris...I'll be with you in spirit though! Too much happening at my house at the moment. I'll keep an eye on this thread and try to stay caught up though!

Have fun ya'll!

BTW...Hey Goober! Glad to see you were able to be a member!

Debbie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9246988

just Opened our last trade for this year as for plants if anyone would like to join us .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1276209/

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 19, 2012
5:51 PM

Post #9246998

So sorry to hear of your loss Joyce and you too Susie, gonna miss hearing about 'daddy'. Sending both of you gentle hugs. Blessed Be.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

August 19, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9247074

Hey! I'd like to join this swap! I like bamboo, but I really like all kinds of wind chimes.
Seems a lot of people are experiencing loss of loved ones right now, or recently. My Mother will have been gone 3 years in October. Now my sister is on hospice. today was a really bad day for her (and me). She kept asking to go outside, but she is bed ridden. She loves wind chimes, too.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 19, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9247081

Well said, Robin.

Crystal, it really is true that your friends here are like an extended family and am sending strength to you and your sister.

Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 20, 2012
12:14 AM

Post #9247196

Please add me to this swap, I love the windchimes from the last swap.
Tina

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 20, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9247858

So sorry to read about everyoones losses,, my mom will be gone 3 years this November. So I would join that swap of you set it up Chris...

Crystal sorry to hear your SIS had another bad day.

Goobers first day back to school was today. I am headed home right now. I will go to the library tomorrow and update everyone on daves then. It was a pretty ok week for me.

Going shopping on the way home. Still looking for the perfect chimes...

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 20, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9248228

Wow early start for school! Staff went back today @ the school I work for, our kiddos come back Thurs. My eldest goes there (special needs school). My youngest goes back the 28th.
I cannot wait! Teenagers are tough! They're also backtalky. I'll also only be 36 when my youngest goes to collage. :) Yay for adoption!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9248269

Debbie - glad you stopped by and we would love for you to stop in and see what's going on :)

Crystal and Tina - got you both added.. thank you for being here!

I'll keep the Memorial Garden swap on the back burner and do it early spring, when they have all the beautiful garden art in the stores. I really like the idea of doing this for all our loved ones..

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 21, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9248714

Thanks all on your thoughts I'm still so very happy that my Dad is finally home with my Mother. Know they're both looking down and keeping me wrapped in their love.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 21, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9248728

That they are Joyce..

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 21, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9249122

I scored the perfect windchimes yesterday. Now to get our names and to finish filling the boxes. Very happy and excited.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 22, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9250214

Sorry to hear of your loss ((((((Joyce))))). What a wonderful tribute to the institution of marriage!

My mom died 7 years ago August 18th. I still miss her so much. She was all I had my growing up years as my dad died when I was 6. She never remarried, said no one could match up to my daddy. He's been gone 49 years. I dreamed the other night that there was a new machine that could bring people back for 24 hours, but you could only use it once every 10 years. Now isn't that weird! But, I got to be with my daddy for a while in my dream. Yes, he visits me every once in a while. ^_^

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

August 24, 2012
9:25 PM

Post #9252844

Hi...Can I join since I already bought my chimes???? LOL. If not I have to keep them for myself...

Here's the beautiful set I recieved this spring and just love them...I decided to leave them on the front porch as I love the sound...Hey, Fruity, they look familiar? LOL Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9252980

You bet you can :) Wouldn't want to burden you with keeping a set of windchimes unnecessarily! LOL...

I have a set very similar to your pic - don't they have a great sound?? I love the deeper tones on chimes :)

I've been wasting time this morning, I have to admit. Standing at my kitchen window watching the hummers - have one little stinker who is VERY territorial with one of the feeders that hangs outside my back door. He'll buzz anyone who comes near it - he even thought about bombing a robin, but changed his mind about halfway through it LOL (Robin was too close to the feeder, not trying to use it!) I can tell that it's getting close to migration as they come more and more frequently to feed (hummers, not the robin!)

Now to get busy.. I'm going to my daughter's house for the weekend as Boomtown is this weekend :) It's in Vinton, Iowa and it's put on by the local pyrotechnics club - yes, they make all the fireworks that we'll see in the show tonight.. it's a great time! This is my 3rd year of going to it. The pics attached are from last year :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell   Thumbnail by ClanCampbell         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9252984

Sounds like fun Chris, have a good time.

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 25, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #9253079

Thank you once again for the kind thoughts. We buried Dad next to my mother on Thursday. Had a celebration of his life here at the house after. Had 44 people.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 27, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9255219

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1277320/
Interest thread for the annual PJ and or night gown swap. Come and check it out!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 27, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9255919

Sending you more hugs, Cookie.

Yahoo...we're getting names soon!

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 27, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #9255924

Thanks for the cyber hugs! I'll take all I can get! Got my chimes for my swapmate. Hope she likes them. (I DID!) ^_^

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 29, 2012
7:43 AM

Post #9258063

When are we getting our buddy's name????

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 29, 2012
8:31 AM

Post #9258115

She's taking names until the 28th, so shortly after that I'd say. I just noticed that I'm not on the list. :o( Oh pooh...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 29, 2012
9:20 AM

Post #9258161

Going out this weekend to pick mine up, should have my name by then, always nice having hints as to what swap partner likes..

Would have been nice mailing from USA rather than Canada but won't be stateside until Oct 12th..ohhh meeting up with you Joyce..we'll be making our own chime sounds lol

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 29, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9258171

You got that right, Betty! Can't wait!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 29, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9258195

Know LindaKay said 2 others as well as she/her sister and dad would meet up with us..can you remember who the other 2 are?

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 29, 2012
10:11 AM

Post #9258258

Today is the 29th...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9258739

Hi everybody..my apologies for being missing in action!! I'm not sure if I mentioned on this thread that my son was promoted to a regional manager position with Lowe's and he's been living in the Houston area for over a month now. Well, it's finally time for my daughter in law and 14 yr old grandson to join him. So all her house was packed up by the movers and put in the truck Monday. So Monday night and last night, the two of them have been staying with me - they left for TX this morning. She has to drive down as they have a small dog and the timing for getting him on board a plane wasn't working out.

SO - that's why you don't have names yet! I'm going to get it done right now and start sending them out. And Joyce, I'll add you up there - I apologize for that!! Guess I better check out everyone and make sure you're all up there. I didn't think to mention that everyone should have a membership through Oct. Ok, I'm going now.. be back in a few minutes :)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9258818

Ok, the Dmails have been sent and everyone should have a name.. please let me know if you don't!

And now - I'm off to bed.. these 12 hour days are going to kill me yet!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 29, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9258837

Thrilled! Thank you, Chris.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

August 29, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9258870

I got MY NAME...yeah!!!! Suprises are headed EAST...

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 29, 2012
8:25 PM

Post #9258904

Yay! Got my name. Suprises will head out Mon or Tues. Sis is getting married Sat so between work & wedding it's a busy busy week!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 29, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9258914

I got my name!

Betty, the others that are meeting us in Frankenmuth, are Ahoogsta, and Deejay, as well as Judy, and Joyce.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 30, 2012
12:10 AM

Post #9258996

Got my name, always an exciting time..now what to get/what to get..give me something to do this weekend.

Chris, you will miss them living close to you..sending you hugs..

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 30, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9259343

Dang, Chris...I'm sorry for you for them moving to TX. I'm speaking from experience here, as nearly two years ago my son, DIL, and 3 DGS moved from Colorado there. I STILL haven't seen the newest grandson who turned one last month... color me blue! :o(

Got my name, got their chimes and now just have to decide what else goes in the box, and what box to use!

Looking forward to meeting Ahoogsta (wonder where that name came from!) and Deejay and Judy, as well as seeing you my dear sistah LK for the first time!!!!! (Betty, goes without saying how glad I'll be to see you, and Ann, too if she comes along.)

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 30, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9259376

Man I really hate being over on the west coast...I am the only one of all of us that has NOT met any of YOU!!! :( But I have been talking to Doug and putting money aside so that I may attend the SISTAH Reunion in 2014 at Sue's. We will be driving and bringing the fur babies too ugh, lol.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 30, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9259391

Joyce, do you know only today did I catch on that Judy was my Judy, don't know why but I thought it was LindaKay's sister..LindaKay sure can keep a secret..gee it's only been 2 months since the sistah's gathering, then only weeks since I was at your house and it seems like forever!!! just can't wait

Cindy, if I had to say anything about meeting DG friends is that they are exactly how they are on DG with major ++++++'s..

Looked for windchime on my lunch, nothing nice enough so hopefully Sat. or Sun. when I'm in Meaford, lots of boutiques, I'll find something..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 30, 2012
12:06 PM

Post #9259463

Sorry you did not understand that Judy is the Judy here on DG! My Sisters name is Kathy. Yes it is the same Judy that I plan on getting big arm wraps from, as well as everyone else that happens to show up.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 30, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9259476

Boo Hoo, I want giant armwraps too some day

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 30, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9259478

Some day you will Cindy! If not in Florida, the at Sue's place in 2014!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 30, 2012
12:30 PM

Post #9259483

LindaKay, how will the two of you meet up??? know she was considering taking bus/train??? Now you have me curious

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 30, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9259485

Judy will be taking Amtrak to Grand Rapids, I will pick her up, she will spend the night with me, at my sisters place, and we will get up early on the 13th, to meet you all for breakfast at Cracker barrel!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 30, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9259615

Now that is a plan...cracker barrel will never be the same..will have to get the address for you all unless you already have it lindaKay?

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

August 30, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9259625

Be sure to take pictures of the whole thing!!! From begining (LK meeting Judy) to goodbyes :( I just got me a new camera and am having a blast with it. You know those photo booths you see at county fairs, malls etc??? My camera does that. Want to do one of the dogs sitting, but what a chore, lol
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9259786

Ok, so everyone should have their name.. if not, please let me know! And if you're not in the address exchange - shame on you for making me and your buddy scrounge around to figure it out! But we did, so there! lol...

OH - remember that this is a secret swap, so don't give yourself away to your buddy by some slip of the tongue! :)

I dreamed of Glen the other night - it was nice. I rarely dream of him - that's been very hard to accept! So the times when I do dream of him are very special.. and I've learned to think of it that way and not as something I'm missing.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 30, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9259861

Oh phooey, if I'm the culprit you should have yanked my chain.

Mine is ordered, just waiting to receive the vendor's shipping note. Woo-hoo!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

August 30, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9259867

Got my name!
Sounds like a fun reunion.

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 30, 2012
8:21 PM

Post #9259986

Cindy: You're not the only one who hasn't met everyone in person. I'm new tho. so that's my excuse. :)
I was just at cracker barrel tonight. That's me 2nd job & my swap buddy will be getting a few extras from there in the package they receive.
I love our merchandise. Too bad they don't pay me more LOL. I wonder if the MI store is in my region I'll have to look it up. Our RM is the nicest lady. So's my DM & our store retail manager. I never wanted to work retail again after Home Depot but I do @ CB (well retail & cash wherever they need me) it's the best place I've ever worked retail. I'm looking into going into managment there. It's a fantastic company to work for. At least that's my opinion & my experience @ my store. It really is my fun job. :)

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9260250

Everyone I've encountered at Cracker Barrells everywhere have always been so nice and upbeat. That's always a treat!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 31, 2012
6:59 AM

Post #9260276

They are sure nice to me, think they all have my photo as I need no encouragement to shop there..think between Suzanne and I we spent $500 at one of them..I've 4 nice tops, glitter/glitter, one for cathy for looking after Sailor while I was in New Orleans, 3 new wrist bans for my watch and a jacket! Miss that they aren't into so much decorative items and more into jewelry and clothing..almost bought their apple stained glass lamp but I do stained glass, it seemed much simpler to buy though..

Joyce when we meet up next month, don't encourage me to buy it Lol

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9260286

Uh...yeah...ok, Betty...unhuh...sure... ^_^

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 31, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9260493

Betty, I don't have an address for cracker barely, I will have to look it up.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9261715

Well shoot! I have been running around like a chicken with her head chopped off (sidenote: I remember watching this as a little girl when my dad would butcher a chicken) trying to find those windchimes I bought in TX! And can I find them?? NO! I remember putting them away cause my DDIL was coming to stay with me before going to TX and I was cleaning the house more than normal LOL. Can't find them :( If I don't find them by Monday, I'll go buy some new ones LOL.. geez...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 1, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9261892

LindaKay will get you the address, don't wnt us sitting at different Cracker Barrels waiting for each other! Lol

Ohh spent the day in Meaford, little town about 1 1/2 hrs from here shopping and did find a windchime, no wait, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. Yep, got carried away. Will get it packed up and shipped hopefully Tuesday..let's hope it arrives by designated time..

Sometimes I think custom agents take things home to display for a few weeks before sending it off to my swap pal.

I'm sure Chris if you sleep on it you'll remember exactly where you put it...that being said did you check under the bed? I'm famous for that..

Have 2 knitting machines under beds in spare room, have 5' stained glass blue heron under another bed and normally have patio cushions under my bed..who would know? Keeps dust bunnies at a premium.

Been quite a day, here's hoping I can sleep

Night/night
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 2, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9262149

Perservance paid off!! I found them - not in a sack as I thought, but in a tote.. go figure LOL.. so mine will go out probably Wednesday as I have a crazy day ahead on Tuesday - doing some training at work for around 120 people and it's scheduled for 5 hours! I should be brain dead at the end of the day ^_^

And no, not under the bed - checked twice, just in case LOL.. in the basement among the other 10 totes of STUFF I have down there. I may not have closets in this house, but I have plenty of area for storage. I also have an attic that I don't use.. it's actually locked - I never go in there :) Thanks to my older brother traumatizing me as a kid about the monsters that lived in our attic LOL!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 2, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9262168

Ahhh now you can rest..amazing where we put things for safe keeping.

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

September 6, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9267439

WOW! I rec'd the most beautiful chie from fruity! It sounds gorgeous. I hung it today and the wind was blowing lightly, I do childcare, and one of my little angels said, "Oh Miss Alicia, that sounds magical!" She also said "that is just so bautiful Miss Alicia." So...from the mouth of babes! Thank you so much for this amazing swap, and for the "Magical" music now in my garden!
Have a wonderful night everyone!
Alicia
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 6, 2012
6:26 PM

Post #9267468

Terrific! Can't wait to see some pictures of your magical chimes :)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 7, 2012
12:37 AM

Post #9267685

You just know it has to be super special when the young ones take notice..can't wait to see your treasure.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9268275

Alicia, I'm so glad you're pleased and that the little ones will get to enjoy it too!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 7, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9268537

I Hope to have mine in the mail by Monday Just got them today :))) have a great weekend all

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 8, 2012
8:00 AM

Post #9268847

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1277320/
Just a few more days to add your name to the list for the PJ night gown swap!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 8, 2012
1:08 PM

Post #9269089

I've been sick this past week, so was unable to get out to shop, but found a neat chime online. Hope my buddy likes it ^_^
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 8, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #9269127

Mine is going out tomorrow - what a crazy, hectic week I've had! Cindy, I hope you're feeling better and I'm certain your buddy is going to love whatever you sent her :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 8, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9269277

I Hope to get mine in the mail Monday . :)))

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9269289

Goober and I will be mailing on Monday!!!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9269942

Hi...I'm back. I do have my chimes, now for the box and a few goodies to go in it also...Monday, Tues., Wed by the latest I'm hoping...I'm watering sections of the garden so I can include a few goodies tooooooo. Have garden club hostess duties on Tuesday, so will try to fit in the box tomorrow if I can...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 10, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9271335

My box went out today to my buddy - so should be Wednesday hopefully, maybe Thursday.

How's everyone doing? Kinda quiet around here :)

This one just cracked me up!!! lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 10, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9271346

Drats, bought my windchime for this swap, sitting on bed in back bedroom, sorry/sorry forgot to post..

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9271745

Mine went out yesterday

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9271787

Mine went out yesterday, too! ^_^

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

September 11, 2012
11:26 AM

Post #9272043

Hey there everyone! So soory on the delay! My box is Flying out the door tomorrow morning! Have a great day!
Alicia

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 11, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #9272099

My buddy should receive hers on the 14th...Watch for FedEx truck
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 11, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9272149

On my way to the post office right now to drop off my buddy's box.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9272410

Sounds like everyone's flying boxes are going all over these United States - what a world it would be if everyone got along like we all do!

Betty, weren't you going to mail that on State side?? :)

Today was a day of remembering for me - that awful day 11 years ago - Glen and I just getting to work (at that time, we worked for the same car dealership) and they said there had been an "accident". At that point, they thought it was a horrible mistake and an isolated tragedy. Little did they know..

And thinking of Glen- the favorite part of our day was the drive back home together: for a while, we lived almost 45 mins away. Our conversations and laughter is a sweet memory now and doesn't hurt as much anymore..and I can finally feel that's a good thing to look at it that way.

I have a yellow ribbon on my car and written on it is "always remember". That to me says everything, but I would add to it: "and never forget."

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 11, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9272461

Hugs coming your way Chris..

Yes, debated back and forth about sending from here or posting from states..I'd feel badly about missing the arrival deadline which will soon be upon us. End result mail from USA. That being said, windchime buddy, if it's late hope you won't mind..

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9272656

My mailing schedule was sidelined by whatever my manager @ CB brought to work & shared. I think it was the plague (prob not tho since my fever finally broke today). My swap buddy's package will be hitting the mail Friday. I couldn't fit everything in the box I had :/. So tomorrow I will find a different box then mail it on the way to work Fri. I won't have time Thurs my schedule is too tight between the 2 jobs.
Now I'm poking my head into a few threads & going back to bed so I can survive the teens @ work tomorrow when I go back LOL. :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2012
8:56 PM

Post #9272675

Sorry to hear you have been sick! Hope your back to 100% soon!

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2012
9:16 PM

Post #9272700

Don't be sorry. :) I'm going with "now I can't get sick again this winter". LOL Sometimes I have to lie to myself just so I'll go to work. Time to bulk up the vitamin C & hand sanitizer/lysol. Lots of Lysol. At least these kids wipe their own noses.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #9273168

My CHIMES Arrived TODAY Along with other Really Great GIFTS :) THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO Much Cookie/Joyce & I also Looking forward to meeting you in OCT It will be a FUN Day :)

Ok To Start off the Box When I Opened it was a Very Nice card TY :) & Then was
3 Really Great Mushrooms Was Hoping they were real & They are Just cannot eat them But This way they will Last Longer :)
Joyce Did You make these ??? Also A CAMPANULLA " PINK OCTOPUS " if i read the tag right :) They are wonderfull & I will show you their new Home .

Then My BEAUTY FULL WINDCHIME I had them hanging out side but the sun is so bright I Cannot get a good picture so had to bring in I love them all .

as for the little fawn she needed a good spot to lay & What better place then in the Planter under the MUSHROOMS :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2012
11:44 AM

Post #9273174

Susie, I love all the goodies you got, and to receive hand made mushrooms from Cookie makes it extra special! Love that fawn rock, did you paint it? And that butterfly wind chime is beautiful! bet it sounds nice too!

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 12, 2012
1:46 PM

Post #9273282

Thanks Susie! (deejay) I came home to a box. :) Now I really feel like a slacker LOL. No pics yet because the camera on my phone works when *it* wants to. I'm sure this is the dogs fault for knocking it on the floor.
I had a very nice handwritten card (did you make it? it looks handmade very pretty). Poppy seeds which I will be sharing in science class with the kiddos :). Some lily bulbs that I will be potting up after I recover from the school day. A super cool wagon wheel chime that sounds beautiful! And a lovely cardinal with bells. Love it. The cardinal reminds me of my gram so I'm going to put it outside the kitchen window.
As soon as my camera quits being snarky I'll post pics.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 12, 2012
4:08 PM

Post #9273383

Heather, are you a teacher? What grade?

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 12, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9273444

No I'm a special needs paraprofessional. Our room ranges from 11-14 in age. They let me teach some of the science (last week we propagated a wandering jew). Mostly plant stuff because I love to garden & the kids are engaged when I bring in projects.
When I was teaching them about the plant & letting them take slips you they were so quiet & engaged it was amazing. Even our kid that's never quiet was for the entire 45 minutes. We'll pot the slips up in a few weeks & review. I'm doing an amaryllis lesson in the winter. I need a few more wendy's iced coffee cups before we do seeds. That will be a spring project.
I majored in photography but might go back for my teaching certification. We'll see.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9273845

Awe, it takes a special person to work with special needs children! Bless you for doing that! I have a Grandson, that is mentally handicap, and it takes a lot of patience sometimes to get him to settle down!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 13, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9274052

I have been pretty sick this week and there is a bad bug going on at Goobers house so our chimes are not out yet,,,sorry. We will try again on Monday...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2012
10:58 AM

Post #9274092

Hope your feeling better soon Kris!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 13, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9274140

Well whatever this bug is that's going around...it's all over the place both my grnadkids are sick and several from both schools

Doug and I are both just getting over it

So BEWARE everyone
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2012
2:24 PM

Post #9274248

Y'all feel better soon! No fun being sick, especially this time of year when there's so much to do between weeding, collecting seeds, and Fall cleanup.

My beautiful new chimes with long metal tubes have a finish that looks like brushed nickel and just joined a few of their friends 'hanging around'. What a fabulous job picking these out for me, Kathy! Love their deep intense clear notes. Also in the box were two plants, Linum perenne Flax (blue?) and Alcea rosea 'Hollyhock' with a note that says it's probably Pink.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine         

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 13, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9274264

Hey Fruit, glad they arrived, I forgot to post here they had gone out...oooops. Ya, I love the deep tones wonderful are't they. Just wasn't much room in that box to stuff plants, but fit the chimes perfectly (long tube box from the post office). Couldn't remember if a flax was sent earlier in the year so I hope you can enjoy...Kathy.

Pix Linum perenne, 18-24", can reseed at feet, spring bloom, never get bigger than about 12 at the base, spring bloom.
Pix the blue plant in the back is now about 100 or so, should have been a good show but the drought just didn't allow them to bloom...maybe next year. Fruity..they are short lived plants and begin looking a bit ichy after about three years (too woody)...Hope ya like it, the whole area that is open ground is now filled with the flax...Kathy PS...enjoy gentle breazes.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2012 2:44 PM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy         

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 13, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9274310

Susie, so glad you liked your chimes. I thought that dragonfly was so cute...kind of wish I'd got myself one now!!!

Yes, I made the mushrooms. They are the mini set. I was hoping they'd come to you without getting broken. Glad you put the Pink Octopus in a pot, cause it's really kind of a thug if it likes where it's planted. Should grow beautifully for you there. The planter looks wonderful with the fawn, mushrooms and plant! So looking forward to my hug from you next month! Just one month away now!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9274475

Susie, you got some cute things there.. and I too love that dragonfly chimes..very nice!

Kris, sorry to hear you and Goober are both sick.. I know your buddy will definitely understand, so don't worry about it :) At least you have a good reason - me, I just plain forget until it's way past time to send LOL

Fruitness, that's a very nice chime you got from Kathy! I bet the tones are really cool!

Has anyone seen my box floating around anywhere?? I was hoping it'd get there by today.. oh well! I'm going out of town tomorrow and will be back Sunday - this is the 2nd family weekend that my son planned for our whole family. He and his family are flying into Des Moines from Houston (They moved into their new house in Spring (TX, not the season) today!) and then we'll drive to the private lake where the cabin he rented is located..I've already warned everyone I was taking family pics LOL

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 14, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9274768

Yes Loven all my Great gifts this is always a fun Swap thank you Chris for Hosting

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 15, 2012
8:11 AM

Post #9275845

I am at the library,, was supposed to bring my phone so Goober could get online with me,, sigh,, I left the phone at home. Anyway,, she forgot her password and I have reset it so she will be online later today. She sent me pictrures of her wonderful windchime and bonus birdhouse. She was screaming with delight!! I forgot who she said they were from. But I will make sure she lets you all know later today.

I am really feeling bad and if it was not for needing to get online I would be back in bed. I have been sick ever since the last tests they did on me and really wish it would stop. I have lost 15 pounds this month so far and it is not by any means the way I would like to lose the weight...sigh. More tests next week,, will be glad when the figure out the problem...

Our windchimes will be mailed on Monday. Ralphie will be doing the mailing for us!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9275855

Get back to bed Kris, and get some rest. Sure hope you and the Doc's can figure this out soon!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 15, 2012
9:33 AM

Post #9275896

I second the motion Kris, back to bed and rest..here is hoping it will not be something serious!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 17, 2012
12:38 PM

Post #9277902

My buddie's package was delivered on the 14th...please check in...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 17, 2012
5:23 PM

Post #9278201

Ok, everyone - come on and show off what you've received.. there should be several boxes delivered by now, so please let us know. And of course we want to see pics of the wonderful things so that we can admire too!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

September 18, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9278597

I sent my buddy's pkg out yesterday and received mine!
My package was from Hartzell81 (Heather) and was some great stuff. Here's a picture and a description:
1) Windchime with Watkins baking Powder can at the top holding the chime tubes. It has a beautiful clear sound and the antique look is just perfect!
2)Clown fish 6 in ruler, which I will probably use as a bookmark.
3) A garden plaque with copper butterfly accents that says "Welcome"--cute!
4) a great (and big,too) tote bag that I will use for a reusable grocery bag. I keep several in my car and this is a welcome addition. Cute,too. Printed with frog and says "Don't Worry, Be Hoppy"

Thanks so much Heather. Great gifts!!

Thumbnail by goldhillal

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 18, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #9278622

Crystal, that chime is so cute! Nice gifts Heather!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9278934

Well the chimes did not go out yesterday.. Ralphs truck is dying and we will be having to try to replace it at the end of this month. We hope it will make it to next weeks paycheck, the mechanic says he is fixing to throw a rod and it is time to bury the beast...

I will try to mail out tomorrow. I am just getting worse not better. Everything I eat makes me sick and if I donot eat I get sick.. It is a no win situation here. And no answers in sight yet.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 18, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9278942

Just too adorable, each year all receive such different chimes..all so special!
Handy dandy bag to go with it..

Kris, never rains but it pours..if you've got my name please don't worry about getting the chime out..won't be putting it out until spring..look after yourself

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9278948

Thanks Betty. I just want this to go away. I was finaly feeling better and got sick all over again. This time it is not an easy fix like pills or bed rest. I am afraid I will be having a surgery or two. Still with the love of my family and friends I will be ok,, eventually...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 18, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9279008

Kris, you need to go back to the Dr. and demand something be done, this has been going on too long. Hope you find some answers soon!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 18, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9279198

I can hear all those chimes that you all are getting, I hear them everytime I hear mine that I have received in the past. I hope everyone is having a good time with this swap, I always did. Chris you are the hostess with the mostest.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9279425

I've never seen a chime like that before - that's really cute..

Kris, I agree that you need to talk to the dr and get this straightened out.. and as Betty said, the chimes don't go out till spring, so you have plenty of time LOL..

Thanks Robin, that's really sweet of you to say that :)

Here's a pic of my new baby I just brought home tonight - she's 8 weeks old :) No name as of yet..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 18, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9279482

Ah too cute for words..she would be called snowball if she was mine..you will be great company for each other..she will rule the household by the weekend, lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 18, 2012
8:12 PM

Post #9279525

Chris she is so precious, I was thinking of the same name as Betty!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9279868

She's all cute and sparkely. Yep she will have you wrapped around her little paws in no time.

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2012
12:03 PM

Post #9280206

Crystal I'm glad you liked everything. I love those bags! They come in handy for tons of stuff.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9281206

I got my windchimes from Crystal!!!

I will try to post pictures today. She sent chimes, a rain chain and a wall plaque for the house!!! And coupons for my favorite house scents. I love everything I recieved!!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 24, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9284906

Goober chimes

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 24, 2012
9:44 AM

Post #9284917

So adorable..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
5:36 AM

Post #9285755

Oh I agree, those are so pretty! Love that birdhouse too!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9285775

guess mine hasn't arrived yet!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9285828

Way to go Goober, have fun.

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2012
7:24 AM

Post #9285853

Looks like many are running late...
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
3:53 PM

Post #9286292

Very pretty gifts for Goober indeed!

Joyce, I agree - I thought everyone would have them by Friday, which is Glen's birthday.. but I guess life gets in the way sometimes :)

Course, I don't have everyone updated above, so there may be more than what it looks like..I'll go back through and do that now.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 25, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9286313

Don't see Joyce's name on the list, was trying to remember if she received hers??

On deadline day we'll be thinking of Glen!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 25, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9286316

I received mine, just haven't taken a pic yet. And I know my buddy received hers because I got a notice from
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 26, 2012
3:46 AM

Post #9286600

Kris,
Tell Goober how glad I am that she liked her chimes and birdhouse. I really liked the deeper tones that the chimes have, and the birdhouse was just so cute. Tina

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

September 26, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9286643

Hey Butterfly,
Did you like your chime?
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 26, 2012
12:51 PM

Post #9287027

Ok, I finally got my box. The post office has been holding it hostage since the 12th. My regular postal worker was on vacation and the sub entered it as delivered, when actually they usually have me pick up because of my dog. Anyway, the wait was well worth the box. Chris did a fantastic job. I'm going to post pictures later on tonight, my ds has homework to do first.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 26, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9287248

I swear Joyce's name keeps disappearing on me :) I added her AGAIN and I didn't see any notes about her receiving hers yet. I've added a couple more names of who has gotten theirs, so maybe I'm actually close to having it updated correctly now!

Thank you Betty, I know you'll be thinking of him and me.. and I do appreciate it.

Tina, I'm glad you like my choices for you.. and so good that we were able to figure out what the post office had done!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 26, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9287434

Sounds like the post office was playing a game of hide and seek with your package? Glad you finally got it!
Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 27, 2012
2:40 AM

Post #9287605

Linda, I know. I'm just glad that I caught the regular postal carrier before she went back on vacation.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9287705

Goober and my boxes went out yesterday...

Trying once more to upload my pictures from Crystals box of goodies I received.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
5:50 AM

Post #9287707

Nope.. just froze up. Sigh. And they are so pretty too.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
9:06 AM

Post #9287901

One more time...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9287904

One more

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
9:11 AM

Post #9287908

Last one...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2012
9:18 AM

Post #9287917

Oh Kris, those are beautiful! Is that hibiscus a bird feeder? Love that color!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 27, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #9287928

Here is my cute Butterfly windchime I received from ahoogstra/Alicia

Sorry for the mess in back ground

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 27, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9287933

Love those goodies.. lucky you to be able to put them out now..when I get mine they will have to be stored for winter!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9287974

[quote="taters55"]Oh Kris, those are beautiful! Is that hibiscus a bird feeder? Love that color![/quote]

No it is a plaque to hang on my wall!! it is so pretty!!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 30, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9291126

I receiced my chimes awhile back and am soo sorry I forgot to post, I LOVE my chimes and what wonderful music that they create but am at a total loss as to whom to thank??????? Anyone want to confess? Thanks and many Hugs !!!! Kathy

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 30, 2012
12:54 PM

Post #9291132

Got my chimes on Friday! Thanks Goober! I'll go take pictures now. I tried on Friday but the camera batteries were dead. Yesterday had a mini RU here with Dave's Garden people and was just too tired after! I'm recuperated today!! :o)

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 30, 2012
1:42 PM

Post #9291175

Kathy, they are from me...there was to be a note in there from the company that sent them, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

September 30, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9291179

Holly wahhh love those chimes...Joyce, who did you meet up with?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9291318

Harp chimes, wow those are super nice and such an original looking idea.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #9291351

I was gone this weekend and came back to find a box sticking out of my mailbox :) I love the windchimes I received! They were from Kris (Elfie) and Iove them!! I'll have to get the pics uploaded so you can all see them.

Thank you my friend.. you done good ^_^
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9291421

Thought about you many times on Friday, Chris :)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 30, 2012
6:55 PM

Post #9291476

Glad you both got your chimes...

Chris thought of you and Glen all weekend.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 30, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9291507

Oh Thankyou Cindy!!!!! I want to put them on a branch of my blue spruce next to the house, I just love the sounds...I almost wish it was summer again so I could sit with the door open and listen, lol...They are talking our first frost maybe this week, phooey, lol... Thankyou!!! Kathy

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 3, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9295043

Here are my two windchimes that I got from Goober. Aren't they cute? I have just the place for both of them, too!

Hey Betty. Well, Sue of course, and Ric and Robyn. Esther and Bob (don't think you know them, they don't chat much), Marcy and Dave, Bertie and ME! Small group but a lovely time!

The last two pictures are a mum I got from a fellow DGer some time ago and it is my favorite mum (today anyway!) and the last picture is a few of the mushrooms I make. Think it was another thread that asked me to post those. I toke a bunch of pictures but that was the only one that showed up!

Thumbnail by joycet   Thumbnail by joycet   Thumbnail by joycet   Thumbnail by joycet   

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 3, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9295208

Love those chimes Cookie! That BBQ chime is adorable! And I love those mushrooms you made! They look so nice in the garden!

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 4, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9295644

Thanks LK...might be a mushroom with your name on it in there!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 4, 2012
8:44 AM

Post #9295648

Very few left to be received...am sure we'll soon be doing our ohhh and ahhh!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 4, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9295651

lol I'm sure there will be...
Best I clear our my car trunk and bring blankets to bring all mine home..drats, hate the thoughts of giving them away for Christmas but as I look at them know my mom would be thrilled!

Shhh maybe I can exchange a few of them, give Mom the rounder ones and keep the taller ones for me

Kind of thinking I should attach the trailer just incase we go overboard shopping.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9295700

counting the days for christmas in FNM :)))) will be Nice to meet you ladies :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 4, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9295707

Just one more week everyone! Some of us will be there Friday night or Saturday morning, we will be meeting at cracker barrel for breakfast to get our energy for the day of walking and shopping. Betty, make sure you let us know what the address is for cracker barrel please?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 4, 2012
10:24 AM

Post #9295751

I believe its

6450 Dixie Hwy.
Bridgeport MI right off of 75

7 miles away from Frankenmuth - 15 minute drive

Hey you know me, rarely sleep so you do NOT want to ask me what time we can meet up lol

Joyce and I and friend Ann, possibly my DIL Melanie will be staying at

ABVI & Suites Birch Run
9235 Birch Run Rd.
Birch Run

989 624-4440
Room under Elizabeth Roper

Planning on leaving at noon which if all goes well I'll likely get there 7:00-7:30

Can't wait as well

What is nice about meeting up at Cracker Barrel is we can just chat/chat/chat before we shop/shop/shop

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 4, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9295787

Sounds good! We will see you Saturday morning.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2012
12:19 PM

Post #9295840

YOU WILL BE STAYING JUST A FEW STEPS AWAY FROM THE FAVOUS OOP caps sorry """ Tony's Restrant" really great restrant you will have to try it while you are there .

susie

off to Bingo with the girls

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 4, 2012
12:36 PM

Post #9295850

We will have to check it out Susie!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

October 4, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9296114

Joy...I just had to let you know I LOVE the mushrooms...one day...lol..Anyone know how long a bag of cement lasts? lol...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 4, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9296214

It will last for a long time, unless it gets wet.

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 6, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #9297423

Oh Kathy...don't keep it outside or it will become rock hard over the winter. It draws in the moisture and is just unusable. I had to buy a new bag...dang...94 pounds. Better get busy making more shrooms!

Anyone want to share cell phone numbers so we can catch up along the way? I'm glad to share mine by dmail if anyone wants it.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 6, 2012
10:56 AM

Post #9297535

My cel phone won't work on USA side but the car phone will so Joyce/Lindakay/Janice/Judy will dmail you the number incase I haven't already done so.

Worked hard this morning, ow I'm plum tuckered out..looking at those 11 pies and wondering if I should to the pie test. Lol

Was going to do the fruit/veggie/cheese-meat trays today but think I want to do them in the am so that they are fresh..guess I could pre cook turnip right?

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 8, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9299296

Gosh, Betty, you cooked enough for an army!!! Bet everyone left with pies and leftover everything!

Don't forget to send the number!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9302731

Wow, I can't believe I've been away from here for so long - working LONG days and just haven't done much. Looks like by the end of tomorrow, I'll have worked 60 hours this week :( Ugh!

I finally got the pics of the pretty windchimes I received from Elfie.. thank you again!!

One is a wooden chime with a little birdhouse at the top.. love the sounds of these :)

The 2nd one is a metal chime made for Fall! Love it..

thanks again, Kris

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell   Thumbnail by ClanCampbell         

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 12, 2012
3:05 AM

Post #9302905

Better get some resting in Chris..pretty, especially love the fall one.

Guess only a few are left to be received..mine partner is slated to receive hers tomorrow..sorry it was late

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 15, 2012
1:29 PM

Post #9306200

I got. Y chimes, as soon as I get home next Sunday, I will post pictures! Thanks so much for the beautiful chimes Betty! I love them very much!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 15, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9306285

Got mine as well..you are a sneaky lady Chris, not once did you slip up and tell me LindaKay had my name...

Sooo tired but will try to take a photo..more pretties for my garden

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 24, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9314054

Ooops guess who forgot to post a photo

Been tired with being away a few weekends in a row, this morning got my treasures out..

Linda Kay, they are more than beautiful and I can't wait for spring to come so they can be set out and enjoyed...you did spoilt me

should have cleaned the table before photo..lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze         

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 24, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #9314059

I need to get mine unpacked and post pictures.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 25, 2012
2:21 PM

Post #9315281

so pretty & I'm so sorry I couldn't get up to FM To Meet you all But I wouldn't have been company with a Toothache had it pulled but being on Coumadine I had to stay close to home . But I do hope you all had a great time :) did you get to tony's ???

well off to fix me some chicken soup is it feed a cold ????stave a fever???? or feed a fever??? starve a cold ????

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2012
6:51 AM

Post #9315840

Well, Susie, we were disappointed that you couldn't make it, but we certainly understood. We didn't get to eat at Tony's, maybe next time. We at at Uno's the first night and at The Bavarian Inn the second. Both were excellent.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 26, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #9315906

Perhaps another time Susie, glad you were able to visit with LindaKay though.

Yes the food was excellent, and drink was to die for..yummy yummy in the tummy and I don't drink..well, maybe if I ordered more like the one I had I would.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9318113

Those are beautiful Betty. I love the ones like has the butterfly in the middle.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 28, 2012
1:06 PM

Post #9318130

Lokking out, cold and miserable
Look forward to springtime when I can put them out..always amazed as I walk through the gardens and get too ohhh and ahhh at all the pretties that Dg friends have brought or sent..they are special to me!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9318282

I agree Betty. Just breaks my heart when I lose one a DG friend has sent!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9318416

Our annual Christmas exchange is open in case some of you haven't found it yet. The more the merrier!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1285685/

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 29, 2012
8:15 AM

Post #9318893

Well, I finally got a picture of my wind chimes! Betty, thanks again for the beautiful chimes, I too will keep them inside till next spring!

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55         

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9319401

Beautiful! From the variety everyone's received, it's difficult to pick a fav. Mine are singing in the wind.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 29, 2012
7:59 PM

Post #9319704

Chris, has everyone received their wind chimes? Sure do enjoy this swap, can't wait till the next one!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 30, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9320263

LK simply beautiful!! I am in windchime envey,, well not really as I really really love mine!!!! lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9321449

Hope I can join the next one. Everyone got GREAT goodies.

For those of you that know the story of my back, and I've been out of commission since August 20th when I pinched a nerve back there, my pain mgmt doc wanted to do an MRI so that was done Wednesday. I went in for my injection today and he told me that I have a herniated disk at L3-L4. That is the disk right at the top of my fusion of L4, L5 and S1. I had been told that was a possibility when I had my surgery done because it now takes all the weight of my spine. So, that is the culprit of my pinched nerve. It is sticking out there and has something in a bind. UGH! We are going to continue the injections as we have been and concentrate on that area. Hopefully we can avoid another surgery.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 31, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9321460

sure hope Crit that the treatments can ease some of the pain...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 31, 2012
5:22 PM

Post #9321462

Thanks Betty. Me too. I feel better today than I have in over 2 months!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

October 31, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9321463

Just don't overdo..

My sister has similar, know they're she struggles on a day to day basis..hope tomorrow is an even better day for you!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America