Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

1st Bi-Annual Windchime Swap 2012

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Ok, as promised - another windchime swap! This one is in honor of my late hubby Glen, who passed away 3 years ago while I was hostessing my very first windchime swap. He was my best friend and I miss him alot - but life has moved on and I want to remember him with a smile on my face, not with a tear in my eye.

I'll take names until August 28th and mailing to be sent out no later than Sept 10th, so our buddies will have them by Glen's birthday on Sept 28th.

Rules are simple:
1. No more than $20 for your buddy's chime/chimes/gifts not including shipping.
2. Don't reveal who your buddy is - it's always fun to be surprised!
3. Please, please please post pictures!! We love to ohhh and ahhh over the treasures that are sent out.
4. Have fun!

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

Saved for Participants:

1. ClanCampbell - Chris
2. FOTV - Susan, Fruitness, Fruitcake, Fruity ^_^ Received
3. Hartzell81 - Heather ^_^ Received (need pics)
4. Ahoogstra - Alicia ^_^ Received (need pics)
5. Mud_Elf - Kris
6. Goober_Fairy - Goober ^_^ Received
7. Tater55 - LK
8. Bettypauze - Betty
9. Deejay9 - Susie ^_^ Received
10. Purpbutfly - Cindy ^_^ Received (need pics)
11.Goldhillal - Crystal ^_^ Received
12. Tina_A - Tina ^_^ Received (need pics)
13. WarriorswisdomKathy - Kathy
14. Joycet - Joyce

This message was edited Sep 26, 2012 5:42 PM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Me! What a wonderful tribute to Glen and always look forward to this one.

Hubby adores chimes and I do too. Anything goes from tubes, to glass, shells, or bamboo.

Mount Pleasant, PA(Zone 6a)

In, in, in, in, in!!!!! I already bought my windchine to send in anticipation of this!

*edited to add*
As far as windchimes go if you find something with a turtle theme them AWESOME!!!!! I collect them. Glass is awesome also. Homemade ones too. I don't really like the bamboo ones. I love the metal kind you can find diffrent places.
*edited again because I'm a goober*
I am so tickled to see my name on that list! Ridiculously excited. Maybe because it's my first swap for garden funness that's not seeds. Anyone else feel like a little kid getting a big fat suprise?
This message was edited Aug 12, 2012 12:18 AM

This message was edited Aug 12, 2012 10:32 PM

Cutlerville, MI

You know I want in already! What an amazing tribute! Hey Fruity...glad to see you here too:) (She was the first swap I ever participated in and I was VERY blessed:) Anything goes for me Chris! Glad to hear from you again!
Alicia

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

Me,,me,,,mee,,,I am here... i want to join....

Smiths, AL

Hi chris its goober may i please join thanks bye bye

Hi everyone! I've got you all added and I'm really tickled to see Kris and Goober here :) And very honored that Goober liked the name I suggested for her DG name (Although I have a feeling that one was already being discussed!)

I already have my future buddy's chimes as I bought them while down in TX.

I love all kinds, but I love the deeper tones of the metal chimes - if I have any 'theme', I guess it would be birds or garden type. But any will be loved!

I wasn't online last night as I went to a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert - they are amazing! Put on a stupendous show and I wouldn't mind seeing them again sometime.

Well lookie there, my favorite Fairy!

Clan I am jealous! I would love to see Skynard in concert. Hubster & I don't agree on a lot of our music hems hard rock, classic rock, alternative mostly & I'm all over the place club, salsa, classical, rap, country I can't count the number of times I've been jamming out while doing whatever & heard "Can you turn that down/off hun? You know this is the kitchen/living room/whatever not a club. And yet he puts up with my music, gardening obssession, glitteritis and general nuttiness. I am so *excited* about this swap I can't wait. I picked up an extra goodie for my windchime box today & have 1 or 2 more things to add. Waiting to see what my partners preferences are. I soooo love my discount @ work right now combined with the fact that a lot of the garden displays that are left are 50% off.

Thumbnail by hartzell81

We will be shopping today also. So Goober and I should be ready by the mailing date.

Very excited about this one.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Add my name please? I think imcan find one more spot for a wind chime!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Hey Chris, I'm going to hang around and watch. Money is too tight for me to join this time, but I feel like I need to be here since I've been with you from the beginning. I'm still sending you prayers. Can't wait to see all the chimes.

Awww, that's too bad, but I sure understand and thank you so much for being here :)

I hope we get more folk to sign up.. everyone, tell your friends LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Would be an honor to put my name down!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Thank you for the heads up chris Please add my name to the MIX :))))

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

You can put my name down!!!!

Thank you so much!! I'm glad you've decided to join in this time :)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mine could be sent to LindaKay if that is alright with her as I'll be seeing her in October!

Would make it cheaper for my swap partner!!

Am sure she would take a photo and post for me..don't let me forget to ask LindaKay

This message was edited Aug 18, 2012 8:47 AM

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Please add me to this swap Chris. I love windchimes!

Yay Patti... it wouldn't be the same without you :)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

What wonderful timing for this as my Dad passed away in his sleep last night and I will hang this in Glen's honor and my Dad's.

If it's closer to send Betty's chime to me, I'll be glad to give it to her in Oct as well as I plan on seeing LK and her at that time, too.

((Joyce)) I am so sorry to hear of your loss.. I'm honored that you're joining me during such a sad time for you.

I'm not going to do it this time - but I think next year, I'll do a swap that will be in honor of someone special in each of our lives - there are so many 'memorial' garden ornaments, I think that might be a new swap to try.

Victoria Harbour, ON

As posted on other threads we've been sisters on , my post remains the same...one of sadness for your loss! The memories you must have,ryan only imagine what was in your talks near the pond, sitting on the swing as you both sipped your coffee..I've a few to cherish myself as I was blessed meeting him and experiencing his sense of humor. God bless you Joyce..he now can sit in the gardens of Eden on a swing that holds he and your mom, he'll have lots to tell her about his "Joyce" and the care his precious daughter gave him in her absence.
Sending soft hugs

Thanks Joyce, and yes if someone has my name who is closer to you they could indeed mail it to you..great excuse to visit with you once again!

Sorry to hear about your father Joyce How old was her ? Did he live close by you ??
Chris a MEMORIAL One would be fun to try For As ya all Know MY father also Passed a few weeks ago & it just so strange not
going into the house to get his meals but he is at peace now . & as he would say Life goes On till god is ready for us so live it fully & be happy.
Can hardly wait for my buddies name :)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Dad was 94. My mother passed last Sept. at 91. They were married 72 years. He was living with me and had been since the end of Dec. So happy to have had that time together. Yes, Betty. I won't sit at the pond without thinking of Dad and our talks while drinking "Nectar o f the gods"! ^_^

Victoria Harbour, ON

I'm sure you won't Joyce...one cannot I'm sure not look forward to meeting up with their loved one after 72 years of marriage..have a Nectar of the Gods for me Joyce in memory of how 'alive' he was. Many breathe but arnt alive..i could tell he lived every day to the fullest...went back and looked at our photo kissing and thought you just don't know when the Lord will come, best live life to the fullest!

Know my thoughts are with you dear friend!

Will give you a call in a few days..know you need some 'quiet time'

(((Cookie))), Our paths haven't crossed in a long time. I'm so sorry you've lost both your parents in a short time. Married almost 3/4's of a Century, I can only imagine what wonderful, precious memories they left you, your friends and family.

Opening a memorial swap for our departed loved ones would be appropriate for many of us, myself included, when you're ready, Chris.

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Hi all! Just dropping in to say hello! I'm going to have to sit this one out Chris.....I'll be with you in spirit though! Too much happening at my house at the moment. I'll keep an eye on this thread and try to stay caught up though!

Have fun ya'll!

BTW.......Hey Goober! Glad to see you were able to be a member!

Debbie

just Opened our last trade for this year as for plants if anyone would like to join us .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1276209/

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

So sorry to hear of your loss Joyce and you too Susie, gonna miss hearing about 'daddy'. Sending both of you gentle hugs. Blessed Be.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Hey! I'd like to join this swap! I like bamboo, but I really like all kinds of wind chimes.
Seems a lot of people are experiencing loss of loved ones right now, or recently. My Mother will have been gone 3 years in October. Now my sister is on hospice. today was a really bad day for her (and me). She kept asking to go outside, but she is bed ridden. She loves wind chimes, too.

Well said, Robin.

Crystal, it really is true that your friends here are like an extended family and am sending strength to you and your sister.

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Please add me to this swap, I love the windchimes from the last swap.
Tina

So sorry to read about everyoones losses,, my mom will be gone 3 years this November. So I would join that swap of you set it up Chris...

Crystal sorry to hear your SIS had another bad day.

Goobers first day back to school was today. I am headed home right now. I will go to the library tomorrow and update everyone on daves then. It was a pretty ok week for me.

Going shopping on the way home. Still looking for the perfect chimes....

Wow early start for school! Staff went back today @ the school I work for, our kiddos come back Thurs. My eldest goes there (special needs school). My youngest goes back the 28th.
I cannot wait! Teenagers are tough! They're also backtalky. I'll also only be 36 when my youngest goes to collage. :) Yay for adoption!

Debbie - glad you stopped by and we would love for you to stop in and see what's going on :)

Crystal and Tina - got you both added.. thank you for being here!

I'll keep the Memorial Garden swap on the back burner and do it early spring, when they have all the beautiful garden art in the stores. I really like the idea of doing this for all our loved ones..

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks all on your thoughts I'm still so very happy that my Dad is finally home with my Mother. Know they're both looking down and keeping me wrapped in their love.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That they are Joyce..

I scored the perfect windchimes yesterday. Now to get our names and to finish filling the boxes. Very happy and excited.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.