Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Plant Trading: CLOSED: FOR POSTAGE: Box of Perennials and Herbs

Communities > Forums > Plant Trading
bookmark
Forum: Plant TradingReplies: 21, Views: 618
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2012
8:53 AM

Post #9238833

When it cools off a bit, I'll get out in my gardens and start thinning out my plants again. I will send out one box of miscellaneous plants to someone who needs them, if you'll pay postage. Postage will be around $15 or less, depending on which box I fill up. You can send cash or pay by Paypal (send payment as a "gift" so I don't have to pay fees on it). Don't send now; I'll tell you the exact cost when I box up the plants.

Some of the plants I'll send are:

Clerodendron Bungeii - Glorybower, Mexican hydrangea
Physostegia - Lavender Obedient plant, false dragonshead
Various Mints (Blackberry, Spice, etc)
Lemon Balm
Bronze Fennel
Chives
Catnip
Stachys (Lamb's Ears)
Passiflora Incarnata (Passion Flower, Maypops)
Maybe daylilies and irises
Pond Plants if you have a pond
Whatever else I find that is in abundance
I can send seeds too if you're looking for something in particular.

All my plants are perennials, drought tolerant, and easy to care for. My entire yard is a garden and I "plant them and forget them". They're all sun or part sun lovers because I have little shade. If you're making a memory garden or just like certain plants, name a few and I'll try to include them if I have them. Tell me a bit about your garden or your style or climate and I'll try to custom make a box just for you. I'll label everything with their names so you'll know who's who.

If you live nearby and would like to come and get a carload of plants, let me know also. I can load you up. We're widening our paths and paving seating areas, so we'll be taking out a lot of plants. If you're willing to dig, we can give you a "garden in a trunk". I'm in Jonesboro, AR, about an hour from Memphis.

It's still around 100 degrees here, so it will be about another month before I'm out digging. I'll try to choose someone within the next couple of weeks so we can discuss what your garden needs are.

NancyAnn

This message was edited Aug 12, 2012 2:14 PM

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Click the image for an enlarged view.

BajaBlue

BajaBlue
Rancho Santa Rita, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 12, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9238845

I would love to gave this.

thanks !
aspenjocop
Northeast, MO
(Zone 5b)

August 12, 2012
9:34 AM

Post #9238877

NancyAnn, if you have any mints, sages, herbs, etc. that you will be thinning out, please let me know and what you would need for them.

Thanks,

Connie
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9239053

Connie, I'll holler back at you next month. I don't have sages, but I'll have mints and herbs. We're getting ready to add a room on where my little herb garden is so all of that will have to be moved. It's mostly bronze fennel, chives and catnip in that area. Do you have any cats? I love to watch them get drunk on catnip; it's the funniest thing!
aspenjocop
Northeast, MO
(Zone 5b)

August 12, 2012
2:46 PM

Post #9239159

Please do holler back :) I am actually supposed to get some catnip seeds from another member. Wonder what effect it has in tea lol!! Are you still doing weddings and stuff there??? Just need your son to sing at them and you will have the perfect heaven on earth!! (grin) You have truly made a paradise there :) Wish I was closer to see it in person.

Connie
ryguy319
Owosso, MI
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9243742

Could you tell me what kind of Bornze Fennel it is do you know the plant file.
I was kind of wondering how tall that gets and what it looks like? I may be interested in that mostly depending on the height and if it is hardy in MI.
Jan
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #9247697

Jan, the bronze fennel is like regular fennel, but it has bronzy colored leaves. If left uncut, it gets 6 or 7 ft tall for me, but you can keep it trimmed to a small bush. The foliage is really pretty in fresh floral arrangements. And it attracts the black swallowtail butterflies. Connie, I'm so glad you're not here to see my gardens this year. They're a mess! It's been so hot and I'm on some medication that makes me very sensitive to the sun, so I haven't done much in my gardens this year. The weeds have taken over. I hope to get back out there when temps cool down. I haven't had any weddings here yet, but I am trying to get the gardens picture-perfect so photographers can rent them for photo shoots. Hopefully by the end of next summer, I'll have them looking really nice.

Connie, you and I will do our own private trade, and I'll leave this post open.

So I'm still looking for one special person who is in need of perennials for postage. Postage will be under $16 and maybe closer to $10, depending on how heavy the plants end up being. It will be a FULL box, including many of the plants I listed above and possibly some I haven't listed. If you're new to gardening or starting over or just new to perennials, this could be a good deal for you. I won't ship out just one or two plants. I'm eager to fill a box for the right person. So it's not too late to request one. When you do, tell me a bit about your garden, how long you've been doing it, what your goals are, etc. Please post here first if you plan to dmail me, so I can keep everyone straight. Thanks! Below is a picture of the Clerodendron Bungeii, which also attracts the black swallowtail butterflies, among others.

Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2012
3:41 PM

Post #9248079

Hi Butterfly Chaser,

We moved from IL to NC last November. I am basically starting over. I have received many nice things from a round up. It only put a dent in the landscaping here. The house had nothing not even grass. I have foundation plantings now.

I brought one daylily with me from IL , I got it from a nice lady when i lived in CT a few yrs ago. It is the only thing I have from either of my previous gardens.

I will Dmail you and tell you about myself.

Chicory

BajaBlue

BajaBlue
Rancho Santa Rita, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 20, 2012
5:22 PM

Post #9248219

NancyAnn,

youve got mail

Becky
Bonheur
Bonifay, FL

September 6, 2012
11:24 AM

Post #9267115

NancyAnn,

Did you get my D-mail?

Therese

Nola_Nigella

Nola_Nigella
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 9b)

September 7, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9268027

NancyAnn, I dropped you a d-mail. My garden was pretty much bowled over during Isaac, so I'd love some new starts to get my garden at my new house going!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2012
8:02 PM

Post #9269427

Hi guys, I've got all your dmails. I'm sorry I haven't responded. It's been crazy here the last few weeks. The AC kept going out. I volunteer with a Medicine Assistance Program so since it was about 90 degrees in my house, I'd been spending everyday at the office and anywhere else I could until the AC was fixed. $750 and 3 parts in 3 weeks and finally I sit in my house with 70 degrees of awesome coolness! Now I'm catching up on laundry, housework, bills and everything else! I did 7 loads of laundry today. I've got a lot of housework to do and we're doing some remodelling too, so there hasn't been much computer time.

Fortunately, a cold front came thru yesterday and it's now cooling off. We might be having fall!!! Hopefully soon, I can get out digging. Once I do, I may have a lot more plants than intended so I may be able to choose more than one person for a box...depending on how much time I have for digging and packing. I'd love to send you all a pkg, but I don't know if I have that much time or energy. So let me see what I can manage and I'll let you all know.

I'm enjoying reading your stories and meeting you. Wish you all lived here and you could come over for a "plant poaching expedition." I'm sure I have enough plants to fill ALL your gardens! :-)

NOLA-Nigella, I'm sorry to hear about Isaac's destruction! HEY! Are you the Nigella from GW? If so, hello old friend!

NancyAnn

Nola_Nigella

Nola_Nigella
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9269856

Not the same, but hello, and thanks for checking in. Yep, Isaac did a number but at least we're all still here, except for my gardenia, which has been in a fuss ever since. I've got a whole new slew of garden space to use, and thankful (as you must be) for AC and the "cold" front bringing us back to a bit of cool-ness.

Anyway, will send you another DM! Welcome back!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

September 23, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9283786

Hi all. It's finally cooled off significantly here and I'm working in the garden this weekend tring to get things cleaned up. What a mess!! I hired two people to help me and they worked all day yesterday and are coming back today. Some plants fared well thru the drought, but some have gone into hibernation. I should have enough plants to send out to two or three of you soon, by the end of the month I hope. After that, I'll take a new inventory and see if I have some for the rest of you. Thanks for being patient with me.

I've enjoyed reading all your stories. Many of you have mentioned that gardening heals you, and that's one of the things I love most about gardening. I know all my cares melt away in the garden. If I'm mad, I can pull weeds and pretend they're the heads of whomever I'm mad at. If I'm tired or sick, pittling around in the garden seems to re-energize me. If I'm feeling sad, something beautiful in the garden will remind me how wonderful life is. There's just no place like a garden. :-)
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 23, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9283918

We were fortunate here and had a good amount of rain. Really nice to have that on new plantings for sure.
I feel bad for everyone who struggled through with either not enough of too much. Maybe next year will be better for everyone =)
PlayaCofi
Vieques
Puerto Rico

October 4, 2012
1:50 AM

Post #9295408

If you still have Fennel, Chives, Pond Plants and Mint I would love to have some.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2012
2:29 PM

Post #9304994

I'm getting ready to start digging up plants. I know you've heard this before, but I'm really trying to get to the point where I can thin out. I've hired people to help me get my gardens in order and I can just about see what all I have now. I'd like to send you all some plants, but I don't know if I'll have time for all that digging. Soooo, I'm going to start with two people, and a third as backup in case I don't hear from the first two. I plan on digging two boxes of plants to start with.

The lucky two are BajaBlue and Bonheur. KSMirasol, you'll be the backup in case one of these does not respond. I need your addresses. You can dmail them to me. When I get the plants dug and packed and ready to ship, then I'll let you know what the postage cost is. You can then mail me a check or money order, or you can Paypal me. If you paypal me, please mark the "gift" option so I don't have to pay paypal fees. But the important thing at the moment is your addresses so I can ship as soon as I get the plants dug and packed.

If I've listed certain plants you'd like me to try to include in your package, let me know. If I've listed some that you know you don't want, let me know that too. I'll try to custom pack each box so the plants will suit your gardens.

If I have more time, I'll pack more boxes. So if you others want to send me your addresses and list of wants, do so. I'll let you know if and when I'm shipping to you. Since I'm battling health issues and competing with the weather (lots of rain now), I may not ship out many boxes, but I'll do what I can.

If you're in the area, stop by for a "plant poaching expedition". :-)

NancyAnn

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2012
11:51 AM

Post #9317088

I'm finally out digging in the dirt today!! I know you guys have waited a long time for me to ship. I plan to ship on Mon. finally. Work has kept me busy and when it wasn't work, it was rain. I haven't gotten BajaBlue's address, so Nola_Nigella, if you want a box of plants, send me your address by Sun afternoon. I plan to go to the PO first thing on Mon. I'll dmail all of you (Nigella, Bonheur, and KSMirasol) and let you know the shipping amount and payment address. It will be around $15 or less, probably less since I'm washing all the dirt off. But each box will be as full as I can get them with various plants. I think you'll all be pleased with what you get. And since you're all from basically the same zone I am (the HOT South), the plants should thrive in your gardens.

We finally got the AC fixed, after $750 dollars and several housecalls...and by then the temp had already dropped down into the 70's. So is it really fixed? We won't know I guess until next summer. But now temps are a high of 60, nice gardening weather. So I'm taking advantage of it today.

I wish I had more time and energy to send the rest of you some plants. I certainly have plenty of plants, so if you're ever in Memphis, I'm only an hour from there; you'll just have to come by and dig up a trunkful. Thank you for all your patience. I'm sorry you had to wait so long but perhaps now is the best time to be planting all these.

NancyAnn
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9319012

UPDATE: I'm on my way to the post office to mail your packages (Bonheur, KSMirasol, Nigella). All postage costs were under $10 altho the packages are full. I've got to work this afternoon but later tonight I'll send you each your delivery confirmation and exact shipping costs. I figure you all should get your packages by Thurs. I hope you enjoy all the scents and textures in the boxes.

NancyAnn

Nola_Nigella

Nola_Nigella
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 9b)

October 29, 2012
11:19 AM

Post #9319128

Whoo-hoo! Looking forward to it.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

December 1, 2012
10:19 AM

Post #9346921

I enjoyed readingthis thread and looking at the pics, GREAT garden and generous offer!! LUCKY people with boxes!!!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2012
7:42 AM

Post #9347551

Thanks, Pat! I still have too much but I just don't have time to work in the garden right now. I've been working a lot of overtime lately for our upcoming Duck Classic charity event which will finally happen on Thurs. After next week, I'll go back to being a "woman of leisure", or so it will seem after these last few hectic weeks. LOL Maybe in the spring I can offer some more.

Aspencop, I haven't forgotten you, but we'll have to wait until spring. Just remind me. I'm getting old and forgetful. :-)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plant Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
have colts foot and a goldenseal bloomingidiot 5 May 29, 2009 7:56 PM
Crocosmia Zanymuse 17 Oct 25, 2007 1:37 AM
CLOSED: Yucca? Melissa_Ohio 8 Apr 6, 2008 3:43 PM
hardy glad bulbs and small yucca plants catbirdsue 8 Apr 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Wanted : Tri color Strawberry Begonia,Blue Sky Flower MsCritterkeeper 18 Feb 23, 2009 11:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America