Water lilies for postage or other lilies I don't have

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I got into the pond today and divided up the pink Mme. W. Gonnere hardy water lilies. I have 5 gallon buckets with a large plant in each bucket. 8 buckets right now, with more to come.

I ship in Priority regional zone boxes.

D mail me if interested.

Mittsy

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Here's a few new pictures showing what needs to have a new home.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

They are so overcrowded the flowers are getting smaller and smaller. I really need to reduce these down.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Athens, PA

Mittsy

They should be divided at every year or so. Waterlilies will jump out of the basket and take over the bottom of a pond relatively easily. Then you will have a real mess to clean up.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

This is my daughters pond which she just re furbished this summer. Her water lilies are white, and need to be thinned out too.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

After inverstigating Paypal's policies I will not be able to use my sister's account for payment. The best I can come up with as a solution is to mail me a check or postal money order for $10 .00 and I'll refund you any overage when I ship to you, or bill you if it is more.

This message was edited Aug 17, 2012 10:28 AM

I found my original package header. It gives the name as M. Wilfron Gonnere. I paid $19.95 in August of 1974 and purchased it at Hechinger's. Long gone out of business, way before the big box stores. Here's a couple of pictures of the tag.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Mittsy, I'm guessing that's August of 94, but when I die, they're going to be digging the same stuff out of my basement, wondering why I kept it for so long.

Edited to say you're right.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2012 12:10 PM

Phoenix, AZ

That's too funny that you found the label! Can't wait to put my New York lilies in my AZ pond ~~~~~>(())'>

Phoenix, AZ

The New York lilies arrived today and are in the Arizona pond!
Thanks Mittsy!

I'm so glad the buds arrived intact. I hope you'll be able to post photos of the blooming in AZ.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Mittsy,
Finally got your check sent yesterday. Excuse delay I'm haveing a bad time with BP.
Look forward to lillys.
Bonnie

Still have lots of lilies left, no problem.
mittsy

Three lilies left.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I would love to have some for my little water tank pond... mine had a mishap last winter when the water accidentally got pumped out too low and exposed the plants and froze them.. luckily it left a few inches of water and the fish survived! I can mail a check.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

Thank you very much for the waterlily. It was much larger than I expected! It will be wonderful in my pond... you shipped it so quickly too... I was surprised when it arrived. I can hardly wait to see it putting out new leaves.

I know, they are beautiful plants, and I really hate to put them in the compost pile. I'm not getting as many blooms right now, but next spring will start them up again.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Mittsy, If you have more to unload, I'd love some. I can paypal you shipping.
:)

I can't take Paypal, it didn't work out with my sister. Too many fees. If you want to send me a check for $12.74 ( I'm guessing it would cost the same to mail to you as to Clermont). I'll send you a box full.
Mittsy

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Are there any left?

Larkie

I have one that fills a 5 gallon bucket, someone changed their mind about wanting it. Send me a dmail with your full name and address and I'll let you know how much postage would be.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I want the last one, please! Mittsy,you have D-Mail.

Sylvain.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

mittsy....go ahead and send the one I was requesting to Sylvain....(lourspolaire)..... I'll meet up with him at a round-up in Florida at some point, and grab a root nugget from him. :)

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

MM,
When you come over with fish I will have one for you from Mittsy. Also have some sweet flag my son sent me for mothers day that has grown wonderfully. Have a pot of that all set for you.
Bonnie

It's still dark outside so I can't get to my postal boxes in the garage. The last available one will go to Sylvain. I hope to get to meet all the central florida "ponders" this fall.
mittsy

This offer is now closed for 2012.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.