Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Roses: everblooming cl. cecile brunner

Communities > Forums > Roses
bookmark
Forum: RosesReplies: 2, Views: 62
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bbhow
Edinboro, PA
(Zone 5b)

August 12, 2012
9:15 PM

Post #9239542

Hi. Can you inform me about Everblooming Climbing Cecile Brunner? The bush form is wonderful. The climbing sport is crazy huge in Southern California, but generally yields one huge flush of blooms a year. I notice Heirloom Roses offers this Everblooming Cl C. Br. plant, but I can find nothing about it. Is it really more remotant than the common climber? Can it survive a zone 5b winter, where I live now? Thanks! Brian in PA.
porkpal
Richmond, TX

August 13, 2012
7:23 AM

Post #9239860

I have Cecile Brunner. It is not called "everblooming" but for me it is. The spring display is the most impressive, but it continues to bloom all summer and fall. It forms a mounding shrub or enthusiastic climber - depending upon its care. I have no idea how it would do in zone 5.
txaggiegal
Belton, TX

August 15, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #9242166

I have several Cecile Brunner varieties...the climber is perpetual blooming, but the growth is quite rapid and often excessive...verging on agressive. The shrub CB exhibits in the spring and then sporatically in the fall when the weather cools...I find the shrub CB is also a bit agressive and requires quite a bit of trimming and maintenance to keep it in check. I find that this particular rose creates sports in the growing beds...often from cuttings of the same plant.

By far...in my opinion...the compacta is my favorite...well-behaved, perpetual blooming and higher scent. It was originally a sport of the shrub CB, but it has proven to be very stable over the past 12 years.

It was originally called Sally's Compact Cecile Brunner and Grandmother Sal's CB...check with your dealer to see if it is also called 'Everblooming'...names seem to change often as different parts of the country market the same plant. The original wholesaler included 'everblooming' in the name of Sally's Compact CB.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Rose Bush Called Betty Boop Carol7 20 Jun 5, 2014 10:15 AM
Rose Hip/Seed Question Bloomer 7 Oct 23, 2009 10:35 PM
I Maimed my Zepherine Droughin Climber! :o( gardenwife 20 Jul 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Bayer Rose & Flower Care paulgrow 27 Sep 19, 2012 6:34 AM
Any such thing as a blue rose? discodancer4 11 Mar 7, 2010 11:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America