Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: INTEREST THREAD: Pot Swap

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 1, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2012
12:03 PM

Post #9240172

I read a DG article the other day that got me thinking. How much fun would a pot swap be?

My suggestion:
Each swap member would decorate a 10in. terracotta or clay pot (you could purhase if you're not crafty but I'm trying to keep this low cost. Maybe 8in would be better? Opionions please! I know us gardeners can be a frugal bunch lol) seal the pot so it's plant ready & send it to our swap partner.

One pot, one fun decorating idea & viola homemade magic. You could paint your pot or make it into a mosaic masterpiece, decorate it with found items or maybe you have a cool one sitting around that you think your swap partner would like.

I have several pots my daughters have made for me & they're favorites of mine! We also have the kids @ school decorate a pot & plant pansies or snap dragons for our mothers day brunch.

You could of course add extras if you want but def. not required!

I'm thinking of running this in Sept. With mail out the last week.

I have a color swap interest thread up too but that appears to be something of a failure :/.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Heather :)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 19, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #9246712

Sorry Heather, just saw this thread as I was away

Sign me up if it's a go

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America