Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Funeral flowers

Brigham City, UT(Zone 5b)

My Dear Mother passed away August 1st. It has been a difficult time, but she was almost 91 and failing health. She was laughing and talking about her upcoming birthday party 5 minutes before she passed away. The family asked me to do the florals. It was a first time for me. It was a privilage and an honor. I bought 13 dozen roses (very reasonable price at a grocery store) and added my flowers from my yard. The whole cost for everything was $249.00. I believe that I saved over $1,000. I think they turned out well. I made the casket topper and 13 other arrangements.

Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee

A few more: My grandson was having a very difficult time. My granddaughter being the support. Sorry I have 2 of the same pictures

Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee Thumbnail by MyRee

A few more

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

MyRee, So sorry for your loss. The flower arrangements are quite lovely. Great job!

Thanks, It was a privilage.

(Zone 7a)

Hello, neighbor and so sorry for your lose. I lost my mom in 2008 and I don't care how old you get, the lose still hurts. You've done a wonder thing and honored her in a most beautiful way. That casket topper is my favorite.

Crossville, TN

What a lovely job you did....a lot of love shows through. My condolences. Jo

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Marie, sorry to hear about your Mom. Your floral arrangements are wonderfully done... Take care

Thanks All. I do miss her. I am so glad that I could share my love of flowers with my mother and family.
I wish she were here, I was informed today that I got the "Yard of the month" for August for our town of Brigham City. They are coming tomorrow to take pictures. Mother would have been so pleased.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.