Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Carnivorous Plants: Sarracenia Seedlings

Communities > Forums > Carnivorous Plants
bookmark
Forum: Carnivorous PlantsReplies: 4, Views: 85
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
perkoschilefarm
Ben Wheeler, TX

August 17, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9244882

S. ( x godzuki ) x ( x extreme unction ) is so far the fastest set of seedlings I am raising. By fastest I mean pitcher production after initial germination.

Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm   Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm   Thumbnail by perkoschilefarm
Click an image for an enlarged view.

ayahuasca
Beverly Hills, CA

August 18, 2012
10:04 PM

Post #9246202

Great pictures and congrats on the seedlings! I do not think I am going to renew my membership in 3 days so I unfortunately will not likely see the fruits of your labor down the road (Unless you happen to frequent one of the other forums I do), but I do wish you the best of luck and hope they grow well.
I have an S. x 'Godzuki' in my collection. Very nice cultivar. Never heard of S. x 'extreme unction' but I will be looking it up. I wonder how this cross will turn out.

Thanks for sharing!

breeindy

breeindy
north coast nsw
Australia

October 7, 2012
12:34 AM

Post #9298170

wow cute little pitchers. Good work!
newtonsthirdlaw
Arlington, TX

November 2, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9323052

How long do you suppose it will be before they make a reasonable sized plant? You have more patience than I do. Looks like you got good germination rates too.
perkoschilefarm
Ben Wheeler, TX

November 2, 2012
7:21 PM

Post #9323218

I suspect I'll have 3 inch plants by this time next year but normally it takes 3 years to obtain decent sized plants. I'll show my current growth and sizes possibly Sunday.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carnivorous Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vegitarian Plants BogweedBuck 15 Aug 1, 2008 9:14 AM
You all have got to see this! Equilibrium 21 Oct 15, 2008 5:40 PM
Philcula, bog pot or ground bog for new sarracenia hybrid GSkinner 36 Jan 17, 2010 7:35 AM
Let's make a little bog garden! Pixydish 31 Oct 4, 2007 3:17 AM
A couple of my CPs I have yet to kill off Gerris2 9 Apr 28, 2007 7:52 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America