Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Coneflowers: Need Advice

Communities > Forums > Coneflowers
bookmark
Forum: ConeflowersReplies: 3, Views: 54
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Iris2222
Carmi, IL
(Zone 6b)

August 17, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9244991

I am thinking about buying Sunrise, Meringue & Pink Delight coneflowers. I read somewhere where it was said that Sunrise doesn't do that well. Can anyone tell me if they have had problems with Sunrise and the others I mentioned? Thanks!
Nevermore44
Hamilton, OH

August 17, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9245089

For sunrise... Don't buy it unless it has soon blooms you can't check to see their form. The variety has a bad issue with quilled and uneven blooms. If the blooms look decent... You can buy it... If they are bad... Don't... They won't get better the following years. I have had one for 3-4 years and it does well for me... But I havn't seen a decent formed on at any nursery in years.

Meringue is good... Pink double delight hasn't performed well for me but it seems to do great for others.
Iris2222
Carmi, IL
(Zone 6b)

August 17, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #9245157

Thanks Nevermore44. I love how Sunrise looks but I don't want to waste money ordering online on something that might not grow right. I think I will wait until next year and buy it at a nursery that is close to me that has excellent plants. They are out of them right now.
Nevermore44
Hamilton, OH

August 17, 2012
7:41 PM

Post #9245187

Definitely not a plant to buy online

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Coneflowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Did You go Cone Crazy? MollyMc 560 Jun 4, 2010 8:05 PM
Welcome to the Coneflowers Discussion Forum dave 17 Aug 28, 2007 9:38 PM
Shortest Coneflowers? cedarnest 60 Jun 4, 2008 6:00 PM
Is Rudbeckia hirta Considered a Coneflower? claypa 4 Jan 26, 2009 8:59 PM
Staking Coneflowers rosethyme 28 Jun 30, 2011 10:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America