Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Pets: My One Eyed Jack e-r-r-r Jacque

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 14, Views: 121
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

August 18, 2012
12:18 AM

Post #9245342

Brought a black and brown, one week old Kitten today. She's an adorable ball of fur. She only has one eye. Got her from the pet shelter.
I went there to find a white cat. They were going to put this Kitten down. I could'nt see that, So I took her. Going to be some night feedings for awhile.
My VET said she might not make it,but I can tell she's a fighter.
She's all of 8 ounces. She's sleeping alot but I wake her up every 2 hours to feed her. Her one little eye looks so intelligent. I think her eye is blue. My other 3 cats are stand offish. Which is a good thing for her isolation period.
Will try to keep everyone up to date on Jacque.
Vickie
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

August 18, 2012
10:39 AM

Post #9245652

Good luck with her, I hope she makes it. Here is the best website ever for raising tiny kittens http://www.kimberlyskittens.com/what-i-do/fostering/. Kimberly fosters baby kittens all year and I have seen her have as many as 12 at a time. She has a recipe for kitten milk that is much less expensive than KMR and has more calories, which orphans need. She suggests putting a soft stuffed animal in with the kitten so it has something to snuggle up with. I think that all kittens have blue eyes to start with. Please keep us up-to-date on Jacques. And bless you for rescuing her and giving her a chance.
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

August 21, 2012
11:14 PM

Post #9249667

Thanks Yankee Cat.I'll check the site out. I can't imagine 12 kittens at once. How would one feed them. Feeding time comes around awfully fast. Course I have to hold her awhile each time.Luckily I live alone and can be a full time mom.
Her purr is awesome (as loud as my adults purrs.)
She's such a good baby.
I wonder if anyone can help with my one problem. I was warned about diarrea but she seems constipated some. She only has a bowel movement once a day.Is this normal?
I've been told she's known as a black tabby. Sounds good to me. Any advise is welcome.

She gets fed every two hours except at night,then every 3 or four hours. Right now she's eating about 3 ounces every 2 hours.
Vickie and Jacque.
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

August 22, 2012
12:06 PM

Post #9250148

You have to stimulate her each time you feed her for her to pee and poop properly. Kimberly will have every bit of information you need with videos on how-to-do it. She actually keeps records on each kitten in Excel - how much they ate for each meal and what they pooped and what they weighed. She makes charts so she can keep track. She post pictures and videos on Facebook and Twitter. She is great and will answer your questions.

We would love a picture of Jacque.
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

August 24, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9252782

With heavy heart, I have to tell you Jacque did'nt make it.Some day I'll tell you the details but not now.
Vickie

stillwood

stillwood
Franklinton, NC

August 25, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #9253116

Cando - you tried and did your best. A one week old kitten doesn't really have much of a chance without a feline mother. But most people would not have even tried - so be comforted.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9253174

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cando}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

August 25, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9253376

{{{hugs}}}

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2012
1:56 PM

Post #9253460

I am so sad to read this. (((((((hugs)))))))
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

August 27, 2012
11:22 PM

Post #9256513

Thank you so very much my friends.
Vickie
Illig1
Redwood City, CA

August 28, 2012
9:41 PM

Post #9257838

You did your very best. So sorry.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 19, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9279835

Just saw this Vickie . Always sad to lose the innocent . We both try so hard . Sometimes we have wonderful , happy endings, and with new homes,and new mommas that are beyond what we could have hoped for.
Try and fail is always better than not trying at all .
Please update me on Scoot and if you have a picture , I'd love to see what he has become .
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #9280260

Scoot is fine. Someday I'll get the where withall to post pictures.
I'm worried about Dillen. He's getting old and has arthritis and does'nt want to move much. Cricket is just as old but has no problems getting around. Not gonna talk about my getting around. Nor Scoots ability. All the cats seem fine.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 19, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #9280343

Just give him a soft bed and let him do what he feels like and help him when he needs it . If he's comfortable he'll be happier . How big is Dillen ?A baby bed matress works very well for a sore old dog .
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 19, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9280361

So here is the last picture I have of him . Wonder if he would still know me . It'd hurt my feelings a little if he didn't , but would still be proud of what he'd become
How is your daughter doing ? Haven't asked about her in ages .

Thumbnail by digger9083
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America