Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Terrarium Gardening: candle jar terrariums

Communities > Forums > Terrarium Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Terrarium GardeningReplies: 1, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

hartzell81

hartzell81
Mount Pleasant, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 18, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #9245993

I'm thinking of recycling my yankee & woodwick candle jars as terrariums. Do you think they're large enough?
I'm thinking of a combo of moss mini ferns & something that flowers.
Vadis
Alum Bridge, WV

August 26, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9254871

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in the subject. I use small aquariums for tender bigonias and epscias in the winter, and keep a two gallon octagonal plastic tank on my desk year-around. I also use rose bowls to grow tiny sinningias - they bloom well and set seed.

Give your jars a try. Use potting soil as a medium and cover the jar. If you like I can send you a tuber of a small sinningia - plant grows only to the size of a half dollar. I'll dp it at no cost to you since we're talking less than a buck or so. Let me know via D-mail. Hank

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Terrarium Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How to start? LittleHippyGirl 3 Apr 9, 2007 7:08 AM
Terrarium Links begoniacrazii 42 Jun 21, 2007 2:52 PM
My new terrarium Plantcrazii 13 May 7, 2007 1:55 PM
Here is my terrarium Plantcrazii 37 May 6, 2007 6:00 PM
My new dart frogs/vivarium! clarkranch 14 Oct 31, 2007 8:11 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America