Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

August Rain!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We picked up at least 1" of nice gentle rain this afternoon & evening. Earlier in the week, we had almost 1.75" of the wet stuff. Gotta love summer rains!!

Fulshear, TX(Zone 9b)

We got about 3/4"; Yay!

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

In my part of Houston, we only got .36 but it had been a while so was glad to get even that much. We are forecast for more tomorrow and Monday. At least it keeps the temperature down some, even if it is not enough rain. Glad you guys got the luck this time around.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I am thankful for the several days of clouds we had and the rain we got. Checked the rain gauge this morning and it looks like we picked up another 1.25" of rain yesterday. Some areas of the metroplex got 3" of the wet stuff. I just hope it killed the wildfires burning.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know how much we got yesterday, but we got lots of rain here in Arlington, we sure needed it.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Amen to the rain!! Much cooler temps here too. We had to put off mowing for a while, but so worth it.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Last week all total I had just over 5" from four different rain events. Oh my goodness, how different this year is compared to last year. Rain and lower temps in August -- ya gotta love it!! :-)

Carla

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

We went out in the rain on Saturday and forthe first time since I got here in June, I was C-O-L-D! Unbelievable difference.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL Carrie! Don't get too used to it. It'll warm up again.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Well, I'm hot again today, so it's all okay.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

3/5th of an inch in San Marcos and 2 inches outside Staples at the orchard.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

It is raining here this morning, such a strange feeling not having to run and water pots before going gardening!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Lovely, lovely rain again this morning. The high today was only 79. WOW!!

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

I heard on KVIL this morning that north Texas is through with the 100 degree days. I do hope that is true. And if so .... YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Carla

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We've had 100 days as late as October, so I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Come on, Stephanie, don't burst my happy bubble! :-)

Carla

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.