-
AuthorContent
CLScott
Calgary
Canada

August 19, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9246356

Earlier this year Canadian stamps featured Day lilies.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 19, 2012
8:49 AM

Post #9246472

We have stamps with various bonsai on them. It was the only one they had with any kind of plant on it, but it is a tiny rural post office.
I didn't know you had that hobby, Dinu--I've always enjoyed your photography, though. You sure have a lot of pretty stamps. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

September 14, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9274905

KyWoods, I used to collect coins also. Now both Philately and Numismatics have become stagnant. I too have lost the enthusiasm for them, because of changing times, interests and activities, esp. among the new generation. I'm really at a loss thinking about what I'd do with esp. the stamp collection.

I've just posted this picture on my facebook wall.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Click the image for an enlarged view.

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9275391

Nice! I just found my son's coin collection when I moved this past week. He still collects them sometimes, but not as much as he did when he was younger.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

January 1, 2013
8:31 AM

Post #9372226

There are more 'attractive distractions' for the newer generations as I told and they are really succumbing to them. Even Shortwave Radio listening was a very popular hobby and there are/were many clubs with enthusiastic members. But I don't know as of now as many radio stations have gone online with the advent of internet. They also had to cut down costs and divert.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Flowers as a theme in Philately Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lovely article kniphofia 3 Nov 28, 2010 9:45 AM
Beautiful stamps and article Dea 1 Aug 29, 2009 3:21 PM
Great phicks 1 Aug 30, 2009 8:36 AM
Me Too! Petalpants 0 Aug 30, 2009 8:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America