Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

DJ"S SEPT 2012 " FALL PLANT SWAP " PT 1 SIGN UP

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

PAST SWAPS

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

APRIL SWAP : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248330/

MAY SWAP: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/#new

JUNE SWAP : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1257659/

JULY SWAP http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265705/

AUGUST SWAP : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1272084/#new
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HERE WE ARE GETTING OUR GARDENS READY FOR FALL THEN WINTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAILOUT DAY BY : MONDAY SEPT 24 TH !!!!!!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Great way to add plants to your Gardens For Blooms in the Spring . This one will Have !!!!!!!! TWO Choices !!!!!!!!!!

NO.1 IF YOU HAVE LOST TAG PLANTS & WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR OTHER LOST TAG PLANTS THEN CHOOSE
THIS ONE WHEN YOU SIGN UP.

NO.2 TRADING FOR NAMED PLANTS ONLY : PLEASE CHOOSE THIS ONE WHEN YOU SIGN UP .

WE WILL BE SENDING 5 NICE PLANTS OR YOU CAN SEND AS MANY AS YOU CAN FIT INTO THE BOX :)))
THIS WILL BE THE LAST PLANT SWAP FOR THIS YEAR . !!!! POSIBLE !!!!!!! :)

GREAT TIME TO SHARE & RECEIVE ..... HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US
YOU MAY ALSO SHARE FALL BULBS , & SEEDS , OR LITTLE SURPRISE IF YOU LIKE :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

PLAYERS

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1

This message was edited Aug 20, 2012 7:21 AM

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

My choice to send is #1, Susie.

Time flies and can hardly believe we're already near the end of another year swapping and trading plants. Fall clean-up is in full swing here, too.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I have been cleaning hundreds of spring bulbs all summer so I am ready for #1 with an added surprise being a bag of bulbs!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Im in for #1 :)

I need to get in the yard...it will be raking time soon. The leaves have started changing here :/

Oh Min Don't tell me that Not ready for that type of color yet :(

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

im not either susie, but i saw it with my own eyes...twice! (because I did a double take!)
50's over night here, 80's during the day...so yah, its time...:/

Cutlerville, MI

Hey my friend Susie! You know I am in! I would like #2 please:) Thank you! See you in 2 weeks!!!!
Alicia

welcome AlIi good to have ya . been weeding today got warm so decided to get some wash done :)

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Ok, I'm HERE...lol. I forgot to sign up for August...I will be sending named. I found that my unusual (plants that is, lol) nursery is beginning to mark things down. They have a great table of quart pots for $1.....anyone up for some goodies???? LOL.

They do have many of the usuals but also goodies that I have to look up, lol..... Anyone ever grown the perennial snapdragon yet....Antirrhinum braun-bianquetii. Some I got last summer, one is just about ready to bloom is Eupatorium joicus, which is varigated and white blooms. A couple of other goodies I'm waiting for to arrive on the $1 table.....Veronicastrum virginianum or sibericum, Veronia narbonense, Heracleum lehmannianum, and more Angelica gigas, and whatever else I can find... and goodies to send when I find out who they will be shipped to. Lol. So can I play????? Kathy

Here's a nifty one...Penstemon palmerii, wild pink snapdragon, the only penstemon that is fragrant.....and can grow to 5feet high.

Still wanting precipt. here, only 5+" so far this year......maybe my new Fairies will help....

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

welcome Kathy LOVE your Fairy's I need some mounding tall plants that are not root runners can you share a list for me by dmail ???

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2

i have opened a interest for a fall seed swap not sure how many seeds i will have to start one this year but will gather what i can . if anyone has extra seeds & Like to share with others but not want to join the robin you may send them to me I Can add to the box for others to try . JLMK .
come check us out http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1276399/

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I will join for Sept and I choose no. 2

Sue G
(CheerMom)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Fall clean up continues and spent several hours weeding today. Gonna pay tomorrow but one section of that bed was almost overrun with weeds and wild morning glories choking the Cannas. Take it from me and never dump a mix of potting soil and supposedly 'cured' cow manure on your beds like I did last Fall that was leftover from the massive containers we grew Tomato plants in. I hauled off at least 8 wheelbarrow loads of weeds from a small 12' x 8' area. It's finally clean and looks so much better! Some weeds were easy to pull, others needed a shovel, and even had to leave a few roots hoping hubby will be able to pry them up.

gottcha sueg

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone,

I'm in for #2....I need all the tags I can get......I have too many untagged plants that I can't remember! So I can send #1's to people!

Would love bulbs other than daffodils....I have about 200 daffodil bulbs that need planting....so my partner will be getting some bulbs in her box too!

Kathy -- you rock on the names! I didn't know there were perrn snap dragons! So cool!

Can't believe it's the last plant trade! :( I don't really like winter at all!

C

oH sUSAN i kNOW WHAT YOU MEAN , I have also been pulling & Prying weeds out one was rooted in so bad I Had to hook a rope onto my garden tractor & tug it out that was a POKE SALAD Plant Bad News those are .

well i have a plant that needs a name so i know if it is a weed or plant :)))) it has turned to seed before i could get a picture.
but the flowers are about 1 in white with greenish color stripes bloomed about june flower looked like a malva type flower.
hope someone can help id this plant .

back in the morning

Thumbnail by deejay9

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

count me in please for #2.

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2
CHELLFLOWER-- NO 2

Jamestown, OH

I haven't participated in a group plant swap before, but would like to give it a try. # 1 or #2 would be O.K., except for solid yellow Daffodils - have plenty of those. I have some Walking Iris that could use a warmer home for the winter. Are there any preferences on types of plants or ones that participants really don't want?

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Are your walking iris yellow?

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I think I will sit this one out, but I am sure it will be another fun swap.
Alana

Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5a)

#2 Since I gave away all of my untagged plants and plants that didn't match the tags away to people that didn't care what the plant was.

I also have lots of tropical milkweed seeds. I was trying to attract monarchs but with the heat, not much butterflies. I also have some blackberry iris seeds.

I am especially interested in spacey or Star Trek named flowers. I have been trying to get star trek celosia but no luck so far. I love daffodils. My husband and I have a custom made headboard with a unicorn, tiger and lots of daffodils. The artist is a wood burner and also uses stain. It is fantastic.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Does this page (and it seems to only be this page) not "auto fit" in anyone elses window on their computer??

Just wondrin.

Will Miss you ALANA But Know You have your Hands full right now also :)
welcome to the group RED we all try to help special plants so we will see what we can do .
GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS SO IF YOU NEED ME PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL
ME , FOTV, TATERS55 , OR ANITA HAS MY PHONE # SO DMAIL THEM :)))) FOR IT IF YOU NEED.
GOOD NITE ALL

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2
CHELLFLOWER-- NO 2
REDUNICORN---NO 2

Jamestown, OH

The Walking Iris are supposed to be yellow. I rec'd them from a Florida trade, but they did not bloom for me this summer. We are in the middle of a severe drought. I will choose option #2. The Orange Tiger Lilies developed lots of little bulbils on their stems again, so have a trade of those available. Anybody like Lemon Balm, Catnip, or Peppermint? How about Dame's Rocket, Orange Trumpet Vine, Pie Cherry trees, Maple trees, Catalpa trees, Wild Raspberry canes, Purple Ajuga, Wild Violets, Lamb's Ear, Purple Coneflower. Purple Obedient Plant, Orange Daylilies with maroon markings? Also have some Ground Elder, but beware, this stuff spreads!

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Susie I would love to join this swap and I choose #2

Shirley

welcome BACK IN THE AM

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2
CHELLFLOWER-- NO 2
REDUNICORN---NO 2
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--2
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN--2

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

WHAT DID YOU SAY ALI ????? Can't READ YOU :)))) ☺☺☺

4 MORE DAYS TO SIGN UP THIS IS THE LAST PLANT SWAP OF 2012 So Great time to add a few FAVORITES To Your Gardens.
Hope you will join us .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HAHA....a blank message....I've never been out of words! I have no idea what I was writing!

we forgive ALI JUst one of those lost Post out in cyber space :)
Pretty foggy this morning so guess i won't go to town can't see the road . Tha aroma outside my door this morning is just so strong :) from my BRUGS MMMMMMMM .

Well My TINKER Has a New HOME A Lady came to my Yard sale this last weekend with her Daughter who is in 4-H She fell in love with TINKER The Daughter when she found that Tinker would Set in her lap & Play with Cat toys ,
SO I told her that if she will fix a good home for her & let me check it out then i will decide Well I went over Monday Nite to check it out
& she has a palace compared to what other turkey's live in :) but Tinker is going to be a SHOW Bird SO I'm Very impressed with her New Home
& She is only 7Mi's from here & They said I could Visit any time :) sad & Happy at the same time feels good :)

well just waiting for the grass to dry out so i can get outside & play before i have to go to town. ya all have a great day
2 MORE DAYS

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Awe, we will all miss Tink! Not as much as you Im sure. But it sounds like she will be spoiled rotten! :)

you may see her on UTUBE :) the gal was so proud of all the fun stuff she can do :))) i have little movies of her but it was going to take 2 hrs to up-load to utube or what ever that place is :))) she's going to be a SHOW Turkey for her colors :) so I'm very happy about that .
Well I just got home from Bingo & Many of the Players were ready to throw me out Tonight was my LUCKY Nite We have just a small Bingo hall about 35 players so ya have to bingo at lease 3 times to get your money back well I Bingo-ed 7 times tonite my friend judy Bingo-ed 2 times her SIL Jean Bingo-ed ONCE & The other gal at our Table Bingo-ed . Most of mine was from the HOTBALL # for $80.anyway Quit a nite I'm ready to go lay back we are going to open our sale back up tomorrow morning so off to bed .
GN all

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

WOW Susie! Bingo WINNER! Congrats!

I'll miss Tink but it does sound like she'll be the star turkey! I can't wait to see the youtube videos....let us know if she posts any or when the uploading gets done!

Jamestown, OH

Kind of off topic, but what kind of turkey was Tink? Our free range chickens have personalities, but have no experience raising turkeys. She played with cat toys? We have a goose that loves to raise the handle of his water bucket up and down all the time.

Antioch, TN

Hi everyone, long time since I last checked in.
I envy all of you who still have green or even colors in your garden. My garden got cooked; I am hoping there are some roots still alive in the ground that will come out next Spring.
ALIKat32: The caryoptersis I started for you is still alive. I planted it by the water hose to make sure it has enough moisture.
FOTV: I have what should be the agapanthus bulbs. Will mail those to you soon.

Elk Horn, KY

I would like to join this one:) prob #2.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.