Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: DJ"S SEPT 2012 " FALL PLANT SWAP " PT 1 SIGN UP

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 77, Views: 517
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9246972

PAST SWAPS

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

APRIL SWAP : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248330/

MAY SWAP: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/#new

JUNE SWAP : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1257659/

JULY SWAP http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265705/

AUGUST SWAP : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1272084/#new
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HERE WE ARE GETTING OUR GARDENS READY FOR FALL THEN WINTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAILOUT DAY BY : MONDAY SEPT 24 TH !!!!!!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Great way to add plants to your Gardens For Blooms in the Spring . This one will Have !!!!!!!! TWO Choices !!!!!!!!!!

NO.1 IF YOU HAVE LOST TAG PLANTS & WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR OTHER LOST TAG PLANTS THEN CHOOSE
THIS ONE WHEN YOU SIGN UP.

NO.2 TRADING FOR NAMED PLANTS ONLY : PLEASE CHOOSE THIS ONE WHEN YOU SIGN UP .

WE WILL BE SENDING 5 NICE PLANTS OR YOU CAN SEND AS MANY AS YOU CAN FIT INTO THE BOX :)))
THIS WILL BE THE LAST PLANT SWAP FOR THIS YEAR . !!!! POSIBLE !!!!!!! :)

GREAT TIME TO SHARE & RECEIVE ... HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US
YOU MAY ALSO SHARE FALL BULBS , & SEEDS , OR LITTLE SURPRISE IF YOU LIKE :)

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9
Click an image for an enlarged view.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9246973

PLAYERS

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1

This message was edited Aug 20, 2012 7:21 AM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 19, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9247014

My choice to send is #1, Susie.

Time flies and can hardly believe we're already near the end of another year swapping and trading plants. Fall clean-up is in full swing here, too.

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 20, 2012
4:06 AM

Post #9247234

I have been cleaning hundreds of spring bulbs all summer so I am ready for #1 with an added surprise being a bag of bulbs!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

August 20, 2012
11:05 AM

Post #9247755

Im in for #1 :)

I need to get in the yard...it will be raking time soon. The leaves have started changing here :/

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9248089

Oh Min Don't tell me that Not ready for that type of color yet :(

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

August 20, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9248332

im not either susie, but i saw it with my own eyes...twice! (because I did a double take!)
50's over night here, 80's during the day...so yah, its time...:/

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

August 21, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9248686

Hey my friend Susie! You know I am in! I would like #2 please:) Thank you! See you in 2 weeks!!!!
Alicia

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 21, 2012
9:04 AM

Post #9248867

welcome AlIi good to have ya . been weeding today got warm so decided to get some wash done :)

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

August 21, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9249204

Ok, I'm HERE...lol. I forgot to sign up for August...I will be sending named. I found that my unusual (plants that is, lol) nursery is beginning to mark things down. They have a great table of quart pots for $1...anyone up for some goodies???? LOL.

They do have many of the usuals but also goodies that I have to look up, lol... Anyone ever grown the perennial snapdragon yet...Antirrhinum braun-bianquetii. Some I got last summer, one is just about ready to bloom is Eupatorium joicus, which is varigated and white blooms. A couple of other goodies I'm waiting for to arrive on the $1 table...Veronicastrum virginianum or sibericum, Veronia narbonense, Heracleum lehmannianum, and more Angelica gigas, and whatever else I can find... and goodies to send when I find out who they will be shipped to. Lol. So can I play????? Kathy

Here's a nifty one...Penstemon palmerii, wild pink snapdragon, the only penstemon that is fragrant...and can grow to 5feet high.

Still wanting precipt. here, only 5+" so far this year...maybe my new Fairies will help...

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 21, 2012
3:59 PM

Post #9249347

welcome Kathy LOVE your Fairy's I need some mounding tall plants that are not root runners can you share a list for me by dmail ???

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 22, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9249742

i have opened a interest for a fall seed swap not sure how many seeds i will have to start one this year but will gather what i can . if anyone has extra seeds & Like to share with others but not want to join the robin you may send them to me I Can add to the box for others to try . JLMK .
come check us out http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1276399/

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

August 22, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9250545

I will join for Sept and I choose no. 2

Sue G
(CheerMom)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 22, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9250592

Fall clean up continues and spent several hours weeding today. Gonna pay tomorrow but one section of that bed was almost overrun with weeds and wild morning glories choking the Cannas. Take it from me and never dump a mix of potting soil and supposedly 'cured' cow manure on your beds like I did last Fall that was leftover from the massive containers we grew Tomato plants in. I hauled off at least 8 wheelbarrow loads of weeds from a small 12' x 8' area. It's finally clean and looks so much better! Some weeds were easy to pull, others needed a shovel, and even had to leave a few roots hoping hubby will be able to pry them up.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 22, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9250594

gottcha sueg

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

August 22, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9250597

Hi Everyone,

I'm in for #2...I need all the tags I can get...I have too many untagged plants that I can't remember! So I can send #1's to people!

Would love bulbs other than daffodils...I have about 200 daffodil bulbs that need planting...so my partner will be getting some bulbs in her box too!

Kathy -- you rock on the names! I didn't know there were perrn snap dragons! So cool!

Can't believe it's the last plant trade! :( I don't really like winter at all!

C

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 22, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9250691

oH sUSAN i kNOW WHAT YOU MEAN , I have also been pulling & Prying weeds out one was rooted in so bad I Had to hook a rope onto my garden tractor & tug it out that was a POKE SALAD Plant Bad News those are .

well i have a plant that needs a name so i know if it is a weed or plant :)))) it has turned to seed before i could get a picture.
but the flowers are about 1 in white with greenish color stripes bloomed about june flower looked like a malva type flower.
hope someone can help id this plant .

back in the morning

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 22, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9250695

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2
chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 22, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9250733

count me in please for #2.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9250943

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2
CHELLFLOWER-- NO 2
midwestfarmwife
Jamestown, OH

August 23, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9251014

I haven't participated in a group plant swap before, but would like to give it a try. # 1 or #2 would be O.K., except for solid yellow Daffodils - have plenty of those. I have some Walking Iris that could use a warmer home for the winter. Are there any preferences on types of plants or ones that participants really don't want?
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

August 23, 2012
8:33 AM

Post #9251149

Are your walking iris yellow?

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 23, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9251627

I think I will sit this one out, but I am sure it will be another fun swap.
Alana
redunicorn
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9251647

#2 Since I gave away all of my untagged plants and plants that didn't match the tags away to people that didn't care what the plant was.

I also have lots of tropical milkweed seeds. I was trying to attract monarchs but with the heat, not much butterflies. I also have some blackberry iris seeds.

I am especially interested in spacey or Star Trek named flowers. I have been trying to get star trek celosia but no luck so far. I love daffodils. My husband and I have a custom made headboard with a unicorn, tiger and lots of daffodils. The artist is a wood burner and also uses stain. It is fantastic.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

August 23, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #9251699

Does this page (and it seems to only be this page) not "auto fit" in anyone elses window on their computer??

Just wondrin.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 23, 2012
9:01 PM

Post #9251828

Will Miss you ALANA But Know You have your Hands full right now also :)
welcome to the group RED we all try to help special plants so we will see what we can do .
GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS SO IF YOU NEED ME PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL
ME , FOTV, TATERS55 , OR ANITA HAS MY PHONE # SO DMAIL THEM :)))) FOR IT IF YOU NEED.
GOOD NITE ALL

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2
CHELLFLOWER-- NO 2
REDUNICORN---NO 2
midwestfarmwife
Jamestown, OH

August 24, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9252086

The Walking Iris are supposed to be yellow. I rec'd them from a Florida trade, but they did not bloom for me this summer. We are in the middle of a severe drought. I will choose option #2. The Orange Tiger Lilies developed lots of little bulbils on their stems again, so have a trade of those available. Anybody like Lemon Balm, Catnip, or Peppermint? How about Dame's Rocket, Orange Trumpet Vine, Pie Cherry trees, Maple trees, Catalpa trees, Wild Raspberry canes, Purple Ajuga, Wild Violets, Lamb's Ear, Purple Coneflower. Purple Obedient Plant, Orange Daylilies with maroon markings? Also have some Ground Elder, but beware, this stuff spreads!
mrsspeedsgarden
Franklin, NC
(Zone 6b)

August 24, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9252687

Susie I would love to join this swap and I choose #2

Shirley

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 24, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9252709

welcome BACK IN THE AM

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2
CHELLFLOWER-- NO 2
REDUNICORN---NO 2
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--2
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN--2

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

August 24, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9252769

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9253678

WHAT DID YOU SAY ALI ????? Can't READ YOU :)))) ☺☺☺

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2012
5:11 AM

Post #9256592

4 MORE DAYS TO SIGN UP THIS IS THE LAST PLANT SWAP OF 2012 So Great time to add a few FAVORITES To Your Gardens.
Hope you will join us .

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9         

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

August 28, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9257700

HAHA...a blank message...I've never been out of words! I have no idea what I was writing!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9257957

we forgive ALI JUst one of those lost Post out in cyber space :)
Pretty foggy this morning so guess i won't go to town can't see the road . Tha aroma outside my door this morning is just so strong :) from my BRUGS MMMMMMMM .

Well My TINKER Has a New HOME A Lady came to my Yard sale this last weekend with her Daughter who is in 4-H She fell in love with TINKER The Daughter when she found that Tinker would Set in her lap & Play with Cat toys ,
SO I told her that if she will fix a good home for her & let me check it out then i will decide Well I went over Monday Nite to check it out
& she has a palace compared to what other turkey's live in :) but Tinker is going to be a SHOW Bird SO I'm Very impressed with her New Home
& She is only 7Mi's from here & They said I could Visit any time :) sad & Happy at the same time feels good :)

well just waiting for the grass to dry out so i can get outside & play before i have to go to town. ya all have a great day
2 MORE DAYS
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

August 29, 2012
4:59 PM

Post #9258671

Awe, we will all miss Tink! Not as much as you Im sure. But it sounds like she will be spoiled rotten! :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 29, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9258894

you may see her on UTUBE :) the gal was so proud of all the fun stuff she can do :))) i have little movies of her but it was going to take 2 hrs to up-load to utube or what ever that place is :))) she's going to be a SHOW Turkey for her colors :) so I'm very happy about that .
Well I just got home from Bingo & Many of the Players were ready to throw me out Tonight was my LUCKY Nite We have just a small Bingo hall about 35 players so ya have to bingo at lease 3 times to get your money back well I Bingo-ed 7 times tonite my friend judy Bingo-ed 2 times her SIL Jean Bingo-ed ONCE & The other gal at our Table Bingo-ed . Most of mine was from the HOTBALL # for $80.anyway Quit a nite I'm ready to go lay back we are going to open our sale back up tomorrow morning so off to bed .
GN all

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

August 30, 2012
3:04 AM

Post #9259012

WOW Susie! Bingo WINNER! Congrats!

I'll miss Tink but it does sound like she'll be the star turkey! I can't wait to see the youtube videos...let us know if she posts any or when the uploading gets done!

midwestfarmwife
Jamestown, OH

August 30, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #9259088

Kind of off topic, but what kind of turkey was Tink? Our free range chickens have personalities, but have no experience raising turkeys. She played with cat toys? We have a goose that loves to raise the handle of his water bucket up and down all the time.
velmansia
Antioch, TN

August 30, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #9259206

Hi everyone, long time since I last checked in.
I envy all of you who still have green or even colors in your garden. My garden got cooked; I am hoping there are some roots still alive in the ground that will come out next Spring.
ALIKat32: The caryoptersis I started for you is still alive. I planted it by the water hose to make sure it has enough moisture.
FOTV: I have what should be the agapanthus bulbs. Will mail those to you soon.
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

August 30, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9259228

I would like to join this one:) prob #2.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

August 30, 2012
11:29 AM

Post #9259422

I will jump in on this one. Count me in Susie! Are we making a want list?

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

August 30, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9259960

Velma -- great to "see" you here...your red emperor sedum is getting big...do you want it yet or still wait a while? I've been keeping those babies safe for you! let me know and we can pack up our packages! :)

September's trade is going to be fun! Living up here in NH -- I'll need my trade sooner rather than later in Sept...you just can't count on good weather here...last year...we had 18 inches of snow in October! UGH!

Midwest -- sounds like you have fun "pets" too! I can't get my lazy kitties to play with the toys that are made for them! :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2012
8:16 PM

Post #9259977

ANITA : THERE IS A LINK TO THE WISH LIST PAGE IN THE TOP POST WELCOME EV1 I Hope to get you your Partners By saturday eve or SUNDAY Morn this is my Last weekend sale & It has been busy .

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2
CHELLFLOWER-- NO 2
REDUNICORN---NO 2
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--2
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN--2
CZIMMERMAN00-2
DIAMOND9192002-

Here is what My turkeys look like #1 is of tinker watching TV #2 is her DADDY FRANKIE & # 3 is tinker playing with my Gloves & Her mom watching :))) I will be back later tomorrow GN ALL

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9      

strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

August 30, 2012
9:20 PM

Post #9260031

I 've never done a group swap before. So please, forgive my ignorance. Does choice # 1 mean, mystery plants (not kowning the name of the plant), and does choice # 2 mean, plants you can positively identify?

If yes, I would like to choose open to choice 1or 2 for sending, and 2 for receiving.

How big of a box would I be sending?

This message was edited Aug 31, 2012 10:27 AM
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9260220

Susie,

You posted the invisible link. LoL

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

August 31, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9260838

Oh Man Susie, I missed Tinker by 2 weeks! I'm so sad:( Although it sounds like you made an amazing decision and made a little girl VERY happy! I can't wait to swap again! It's all you ladies fault..you all are so wonderful, I am completely addicted:)

Susie...I am getting SOOOO excited to finally meet you and spend the weekend in Sept with you!

Have a GREAT holiday weekend!
Alicia

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9261006

Evening ev1 sorry for being so late but it has been a busy two weekends not going to complain for it was good weather, GREAT sales , & I Have MET SOme of the COOLEST NEIGHBORS /Gardeners in a 20 mile Strech & If they show up for this plant swap I WON"T Have any garden's
left sounds as if THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST Swap ever held in Michigan, yet so ALICIA If you Have a CAMERA I Think You Might want to help me take Pictures so we can share with others here . I'm SHAKEN In my shoes on one hand & worried about if i can fit ev1 one under the BIG TOP :))) I will have to order a Whole Hog to roast to feed everyone :))) HEHE Ya all think I'm Kidding Well NOT THIS TIME ; This is for real.

anyway ALI We can visit Tinker the lady called me last Night to say SUSIE You will not Believe what Tinker is Doing & I Said OH Yes I Will She sitting with you watching TV & I was right ON I Could tell by the way she was laughing at her :))))

OK NOW About the swap Welcome (strange2u) Happy you can join us
we usually fill a box as full as we can get it of our FAVORITE Plants to our partner if your partner choice #1 you can do a Mixed of Both But if your Partner Picked # 2 then they have to be named plants .

Would you all mind if I Just Post your Names with whom your going to send to right here On the forum RATHER Then Haven a SECRET Partner
sent to you in dmail . that way everyone will Know who is sending to whom , & be sure to send your address to the one who is sending to you so that you will get your Box .

I'm going to try to pick your partners tomorrow while sitting out under the tree waiting for business to pick up :) I Have people coming in the AM to smell my Brugs :))) & Have coffee . so good nite all you will have your partners By Tomorrow Night . will check back in at 6am to see if any one signed up over night will close this then . SO SIGN UP Now or it will be to late .
anita here's the link add to your list

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 31, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9261011

HAVE I MISSED ANYONE ??????

DEEJAY9 OPEN 1-2
FOTV----NO 1
MITTSY---NO 1
MINNESIPPI---NO 1
AHOOGSTRA-NO 2
WWKATHY---NO 2
CHEERMOM/SUEG --NO 2
ALIKAT32---NO 2
CHELLFLOWER-- NO 2
REDUNICORN---NO 2
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--2
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN--2
CZIMMERMAN00-2
DIAMOND9192002-
STRANG2U / 1-2 -2 TO RECEIVE

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2012
3:44 AM

Post #9261207

OK YOUR PARTNERS ARE HERE ON OUR new SHOW & TELL Thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1278057/

we can still chat here if you like :) Please Don't be UPSET With me But I ASSIGNED ALL of you & It worked out just right
really I Hope you & Your partners can exchange addresses please for this is a busy MONTH with digging up plants for my PLANT SWAP the 15th
& I have 5 gardens to clean out so very busy time :) & No rrom yet to put new plants till i share a few older ones :)

I Have 3 Neighbors that I Just met yesterday who offered to come help :) but we will see . well it is starting to get light & I need to go smell the
BRUGS :) so ya all have a great weekend

if i forgot anyone please let me know & I Will be your partner if you wanted to play along :)))
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

September 1, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9261287

Found my partner. Thank you Susie, I know you are busy. Similar zones should work ok.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9261357

Waiting for coffee to get done been busy with 3 garden tours this morning with people checking out the sale :)
& thought i would post name here also :) HAVE A GREAT DAY MAY NOT GET BACK IN HERE TILL TONIGHT
SEPT SHOW & TELL
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1278057/

AHOOGSTRA---WWKATHY
ALIKAT32----MRSSPEEDSGARDEN
CHELLFLOWER---CHEERMOM
FOTV ----STRANG2U
CZIMMERMAN---REDUNICORN
MIDWESTFARMWIFE-----DIAMOND9192002
MINNESIPPI----MITTSY
velmansia
Antioch, TN

September 1, 2012
11:19 AM

Post #9261514

I was looking around to see what I have to trade and I only have gingers-white and peach delight. This is the first year the peach delight bloomed-very fragrant. I will test it this yr to see if it will survive the winter. I also have white calla lily and coreopsis moonbeam. Not too many of my plants made it thru the heat. My ghost fern died off but it is sprouting out again-green atlast!
If anyone is thinning out plants to throw away, I will pay the postage to get some.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2012
3:45 PM

Post #9261730

Velma if you can wait till after the 15 th I 'm sure I will have loads of Plants to share with you if you was to make the 7-8 hr trip up here By the 15th
I Know we could fill your car & then some :))) I've had 6 tours of my yard today with people wanting to look at all my weeds :) we did come across a few blooms :) EVEN This Columbine One of you shared with me this spring .

here are a couple pic's of my day :) Someone say they need POTS ????? Just sold the Dresser Before I Closed for the day & Before the rain came .Sold 2 frogs today , My 2nd BRUG that is about to open in a day or 2 , & My Surprise Columbine :)))

I've been up since 5am & My body is headed for the shower then to bed ya all have a great evening .

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR PARTNERS NAME . & ADDRESS

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

velmansia
Antioch, TN

September 1, 2012
4:09 PM

Post #9261749

Susie, I am laughing. I'm having a mental picture of my little car loaded with greenery speeding down the Interstate.
Thanks for the offer! Your brug looks a lot like mine-yellow with a tinge of peach. So far mine has survived 2 winters so I am not going to bring cuttings in.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2012
4:26 PM

Post #9261779

what zone are you Velma ?
velmansia
Antioch, TN

September 2, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #9262535

Zone 6
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

September 2, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9262592

Mercy, you have beautiful brugs. Remind me how to take cuttings again from brugs...cut 6 inch pieces above the y, allow to scab, them soak in peroxide water mixture until you see nubs?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 2, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #9262656

Velma, I have some plants to mail to you too, may as well include some extras and you don't owe me postage. Do you leave your Callas in the ground? And here I thought we were in the same Zone. I'm a tad warmer and bring mine into the garage to overwinter in their pots. Doing the same thing with Caladiums this year instead of storing individual bulbs.

Wow, Susie, I remember that big ol' frog! Good going on your sales, and your lovely surprise Columbine.

Great having you as my partner, Paul!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 2, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9262753

Im back. Missed you guys. Got my partner now to figure out plants :)
Finally got the vehicle situation under control. DH and i now both have wheels. No more diesel truck to drive.
Hit the great minnesota sweat together...i mean get together (state fair) yesterday with the kids. A good time was had by all.
Made steak, ceasar chicken and corn tonight for dinner. Had our first watermelon of the season..i know, right? Made another batch of pickles and am thinking about all the apple goodies i can make already. I cantbelieve its september already. Where has the year gone?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 2, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9262855

Evening all Just got home JIM JAN JUDY & I Went to Bingo tonight Had a great time :) When we got home I Was totally Blown away with the smell of the BRUGS They are all OPEN OUT There & IT is Pitch dark so I Cannot get any Pictures till morning & they will be closed up I'M Sure .

Just so over whelmed with them MMMMMMM going to sleep with windows open :)))

Susan I Also have the LILIES That you sent me this spring that are opening up now :) what a crazy growing season :) this has been but love it :)
we took the day off from the sale today , but have to open it back up tomorrow so got to get some sleep good night all .

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

September 2, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9262876

DJ
I emailed my partner -- waiting to hear from her!

What a tent! Looks like it was a successful day...bye froggies!

I spent today WEEDING and getting the grass out of my gardens! I am trying to plant some daffodil bulbs - I've got about 200 of them from school!

If anyone wants some -- send me a Dmail and I'll get them out to ya!

C
velmansia
Antioch, TN

September 2, 2012
8:57 PM

Post #9262946

Diamond, the first time I took cuttings from my brug I just kept mine in a vase with water until the spring. I stopped with the cuttings since the plant has been coming back.

FOTV: you are really kind and I know you enjoy sharing but please let me cover the postage.
I googled my area and it said zone 6... I thought VA would be colder . I do leave my callas out and they have been coming back. The Caladiums is a "no". Left all mine out last year and none came back. I was told you could overwinter the plants by putting them in the crawl space (if you have one) . I am going to test it with my bromeliads.

velmansia
Antioch, TN

September 3, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9263461

Here is a pic of my brug. Sitting next to the water hose so it gets all the moisture it needs.

Thumbnail by velmansia   Thumbnail by velmansia         

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 3, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9263769

this one is KONG He just opened last night # 2 are the lilies FOTV Shared with me this spring then another brug that opened last night
I'm going out to smell them when i put my critters in their pen ya all have a great eve

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9      

velmansia
Antioch, TN

September 3, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9263858

Pretty white! I didn't know the lilies would bloom this late.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 3, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9263887

It really has been a strange year with plants blooming in Spring two to three weeks early and now seeing Lilies and Columbines blooming blows me away.

Have any of you found good sales yet for Spring blooming bulbs? Tomorrow there are errands to run in town but if the bulbs are out at WM and Lowe's, the pickings will pretty much be generic.

Hoping Mums will be available at our small local market soon since the manager mentioned to me last week they would be 3 for $10 again.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 4, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9264328

I Usually wait till end of season AT our HORROCKS Store & Get them for $2.00ea for they have 1000's Many are GIRL NAMES On them
last year I Got Gwen, Betty, Julia, A Few other .

well my 1st day in a long time to just play it by ear as to what I want to do & My project is to redo a few wooden chairs :)
let ya know how that goes :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

September 5, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9265572

I love the end of season sales, too. I'm holding back on the mums. Each time I ask if they are the perennial mums I am told only if I mulch them. I have not done anything to my mums but they came back beautifully. I really want the ornamental kale this year.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2012
4:36 AM

Post #9269609

Hi Everyone,

What's the real name for brugs? They look beautiful and I wanted to know if they grow in zone 5 but can't find them on the plant files under brugs...help!

Can some one tell me what pic one is? I think I got it from WWKathy...and I labeled it beardtongue...but I don't think it's that! I can't rotate it...sorry...but the flowers are growing on these think stems out from the mass of leaves you can see behind the flower...it's blooming now...but I'm not sure if it is suppose to bloom now or just late due to it being transplanted!

pic 2 and 3...these are purple cone flowers...can someone tell me if they are a different variety or same? They look different to me but I've never planted any different ones!

I've been looking and looking for those 50% off sales...I started one whole garden one year with plants from sales...it was awesome! None here yet that I can see from the road signs. I did get some mums as walmart -- $2.98 for quart size...said hardy...we'll see! I bought some great garden soil to plant with them since I only have sandy icky soil in most of the gardens...so maybe the good dirt will increase my luck with them coming back. And if the weather holds they should be able to put out roots in the next 6 weeks or so!

Happy Sunday...any football fans in our gardening mist? I love football! So today's all about garden work in the am and football the pm and maybe house chores in-between!

C

Thumbnail by AliKat32   Thumbnail by AliKat32   Thumbnail by AliKat32      

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9269662

GM ALI Well I 'm Not Sure what #1 is maybe coreopsis or a rubeckia ?? But I Can help you on the BRUG ??? They are BRUGMASIA"s
this site might help you .
http://www.plantdelights.com/Brugmansia/products/92/

& you ask if they will grow in Z5 well I'm in z5 & Yes I Have to cut them back in the late fall & Find Homes for cuttings :))
off to play :)

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9         

velmansia
Antioch, TN

September 9, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9270155

Candi, I go to Lowe's just to hunt for the mark-down plants. Home Depot will not mark the plants down so I make a trip every 2 wks to check the sales. Lowe's stores do the mark-downs independently so you may have to visit more than one store. And don't forget to go all the way to the back and look for the markdown rack- get there before the landscappers beat you to it.
I got my "hot coral" coneflower for only $3.00 and veronicas were only $1.00

The yellow one looks like a wild rubeckia

This message was edited Sep 9, 2012 6:06 PM

This message was edited Sep 9, 2012 6:07 PM

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2012
7:37 PM

Post #9270333

Hi...here I am...sorry was out of town. Ali...gosh I'm thinking is helianthus, maximillion for sure tho, and it will get BIG...mine was just getting to5-6Ft, will flower late summer with flowers all down, the stem ok not all the way but 18+". Nope, aint penstemon, lol...just joking. Let me see if I can remember to get a pix of what's left of it, remember...remember...remember. Ok..mental note made...

Alicia...will be digging your goodies this week...

Pix is Ammi visagna, annual, 'spose to be 48", this one is only 6", lack of moisture really wasn't nice...ya...they're promising rain again...we'll see...kathy

Brugmansia=brug

Sure would love to have those daffs...phooey..

This message was edited Sep 9, 2012 7:40 PM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

September 10, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9271356

WWK - Oh boy -- if it grows that big I've got to move it...it's next to the stepping stones in the new garden! I'll look up those names and see if I can narrow it down! Daffs...you want daffs...I've got bulbs...let me know and I can send some off to you! :)

I'll totally check lowes

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 10, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9271408

our WAL-MART HAS MUMS in 3" Pots for .97 cents I bought a few of them today :) they had red, purple , orange, yellow, Pink,
well off to the shower back for coffee in the morning.
midwestfarmwife
Jamestown, OH

September 11, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9272037

I bought 2 qt. sized yellow mums at Lowe's for 1.00 ea., and a smaller pink for the same price. After pinching off the dried flowers, they look great!
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9272131

Oh I want a deal like that! Did you see any ornamental cabbage?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #9272234

Susie, thank you so much! You know which colors I want but get what you can. What a deal! Ours have arrived at our little market but they are 3 for $11.50 in hmmm 8" pots. Manager told me to wait til the first batch of 60 are gone and he'd honor 3 for $10. I'd say he's now a day late and several dollars short. That store gets enough of our money anyway.

I did, Anita. How do you like this Purple one? She also has solid green and some that are green and purple. All are approximately 15" diameter at their widest point. Don't recall seeing any green and white though. Let me send your choice since you wouldn't even take postage for the KO Rose!

My goal for Fall is to go for darker colored plants like the Ornamental Kale in the large planters on either side of our front door in conjunction with Mums, Rosemary, mounds of Fescue Grass "Elijah Blue" (got the last two, buy one get one free), and a mix of Pansies and several bright leafy veggies as fillers. Need something tall and / or spiky for the center of the planters and thought about Cordyline. Any suggestions? Would love to hear your suggestions and ideas for your own Fall planters and displays.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine      

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

September 12, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9272851

Susan, how many plant are you putting in your arrangement? I like the idea of the reddish Coradine in the middle of the Kale/mums. Will you post pictures when it's done? Please, don't send me anything. I will find some around here. I'm not quite ready to plant any way. I need to move a few plants from the front yard lamp post. I was going to stick some Kale in there just for color this fall.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America