Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Holding Out for Hardy Geraniums: drought tolerant too

Communities > Forums > Article: Holding Out for Hardy Geraniums
bookmark
Forum: Article: Holding Out for Hardy GeraniumsReplies: 0, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bobsgirl
Lincoln, NE
(Zone 5b)

August 20, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9247506

I love my Johnson's Blue hardy Geranium. It is probably 13 -14 yrs. old, has been pruned and divided, and just keeps on going. It has great blue blooms in spring.
This year, I am seeing that this is one tough plant. I am in an area that is experiencing a severe drought, and my Johnson's Blue remains looking good. Although it isn't blooming, the foliage is a good green color and it doesn't show the stress of the exteme heat and dry conditions like some of it's pouty garden companions.
I grow it under the shade of a Crabapple, but it does receive filtered sunshine.
What a great plant!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Holding Out for Hardy Geraniums Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Love those Geraniums Oberon46 0 Aug 15, 2012 8:51 AM
Beautiful! Bookerc1 1 Aug 15, 2012 4:26 PM
Cranesbill wild? Katbrid 1 Aug 31, 2012 5:35 AM
Deadheading kitrocks 0 Aug 29, 2012 11:07 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America