Photo by Melody

Handyman & Tools: Identify this tool...please.

Communities > Forums > Handyman & Tools
Forum: Handyman & ToolsReplies: 3, Views: 206
Add to Bookmarks
Fort Collins, CO
(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9247530

A customer just sent us this picture asking if we had any idea what it was used for. I'm stumped. My guess is that it was used for creating seed furrows with the pointed edge and then laying it flat for covering the furrows.

Any ideas?

Thumbnail by Blake_Schreck
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Clermont, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 13, 2012
4:27 PM

Post #9304189

I believe you are correct. I sure would like to have one. Would be real handy. Maybe my retired welder husb. could make me one.
Thanks for the pic.
Decatur, GA
(Zone 7b)

October 13, 2012
10:04 PM

Post #9304448

It looks a lot like a hoe but with the handle attached in a different place and at a different angle.


Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

October 14, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9305325

it is a furrowing tool just like you thought, haven't seen one in decades!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Handyman & Tools Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy "Water Pic" Hole Digger roadrunner 20 Apr 11, 2008 3:43 AM
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America