Cooler days and ways

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

thot while i had laptop up would share a few pix of where I be, was, and am now gone from.
1) picture 1 a river bridge i was stuck in traffic on while the road was closed
2) this is growing in Va roadsides, a columbine of some sort?
3) vine no name same place as the yellow flower

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Underground caverns in Carthage Missouri to deliver cargo to frozen storage- no motors run while we are underground!!!

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

chuckles enroute

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Glasgow, Va too pretty to ignore! However, no restaurants, or fast food joints and only occasionally a cellphone signal! chuckl

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

time to go back to work, and wait where i have no wireless signals-enjoy your weekend everyone!
2 more flowers- daylilly & unknown, West Virginia rest area along I64 near the New River Gorge

Fulshear, TX(Zone 9b)

The first one, on your last post, is a Hydrangea. Pretty route!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Very pretty route! Thank you for sharing with us. Safe travels!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

The yellow one in your first post is VERY familiar to me. I used to spend summers in Virginia with my grandparents--maybe I'm remembering it from then. I realize that doesn't help with ID at all!!!

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

It is a Common Evening Primrose, http://wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=OEBI

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

There are 2 yellow flowers I have been watching across these eastern highways, I don't have a picture of the other one- but if there were such a thing as a wild lemon colored hollyhock that would be it! The primrose I have another picture of, but won't be able to get to it for a few more days, it did smell pretty, thigh that other vine had a not quite right sweetish stink, I have a harder time taking pictures these days as the east coast traffic is so super heavy and parking whenever I want to endangers too many to do so. I am not willing to incur the risk of overly large fines if caught with electronics in my hands while driving either- and so I wish for many more pix than I get. Glasgow, Va is near an awesome place known as Natural Bridge - another place I cannot get 18 wheels near, chuckl, no way out it but to backup in a very small tite road! I will try to add pics next chance I get.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

1- NY rest area spring 2012 Stamford
2-same palce as #1
3-southern Minnesota, early spring 2012
4-NC out close to Shoe
5- another shot of that Va primrose
where did my other pix go to that i was goin to show???

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images