Photo by Melody

Mosaics and Stained Glass: The Journey of the Pot!

Communities > Forums > Mosaics and Stained Glass
bookmark
Forum: Mosaics and Stained GlassReplies: 17, Views: 315
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

August 22, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9250618

This is my latest mosaic for a friend - I call it "The Journey of the Pot!" It is made from upcycled plates, cups, second hand tiles and bits and pieces. The only "new" part of it is the pot itself.

Thumbnail by biddy52   Thumbnail by biddy52   Thumbnail by biddy52   Thumbnail by biddy52   Thumbnail by biddy52
Click an image for an enlarged view.

digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

August 23, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9251500

Flowers , palm trees , rock paths , even a lighthouse . Very nice and one of those projects that you can discover new things in all the time . I really like it .
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

August 24, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9252543

digger9083 wrote:Flowers , palm trees , rock paths , even a lighthouse . Very nice and one of those projects that you can discover new things in all the time . I really like it .

Thank you so much! You have seen what I was aiming at! Much appreciated!
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

August 24, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9252620

I like the pond with cat tails and the dragon flys too . I was in a hurry when I saw it earlier, but had to comment . It is a true work of art and would be appreciated by anyone that really looked at it . Lucky friend !
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

August 25, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9253621

digger9083 wrote:I like the pond with cat tails and the dragon flys too . I was in a hurry when I saw it earlier, but had to comment . It is a true work of art and would be appreciated by anyone that really looked at it . Lucky friend !

Thank you! I am still nervous - I haven't had a chance to catch up with my friend yet. I am not sure if I previously mentioned that I wrote a little kids story to go with it. She has three grandchildren and there is a message there with the lighthouse (they recently sold a holiday house at Aireys Inlet, Vic, Aust - which had a famous lighthouse for the area and Vicki had a mosaic on the wall - fixed - which she had to sell with the house) and her eldest grandson, in learning to count, was counting the yellow ducks in her bath! The flowers were what the pot was intended to have, but I got carried away! So I wrote the story so she could read it to her grandchildren. If she only likes the flowers, that is the side that will be shown up against a wall! On her front verandah she has a little mosaic table, and I am presuming that the pot will sit on the verandah floor near that - the front of her house is Victorian weatherboard - so it should fit right in.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

August 25, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #9253660

That will fit anywhere .

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9253681

what a beautiful piece of art you've created...you ARE talented!
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

August 26, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #9254579

trackinsand wrote:what a beautiful piece of art you've created...you ARE talented!

Thank you for your encouraging comments!
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

October 16, 2012
7:46 PM

Post #9307540

My friend was thrilled with my mosaic present to her - and proudly sent me a photo with the plant!

Thumbnail by biddy52
Click the image for an enlarged view.

digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

October 18, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9308805

Who wouldn't be ? Just tell her that if she gets tired of it , she can ship it to me . I think it's beautiful .
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

October 18, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #9309152

digger9083 wrote:Who wouldn't be ? Just tell her that if she gets tired of it , she can ship it to me . I think it's beautiful .

Thank you so much, you have made my day!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

October 22, 2012
3:43 PM

Post #9312480

Gorgeous pot Biddy, really nice work! The story makes it an heirloom!!

I was always feared that such ornate pots would take away from the beauty of the plants placed in them until this summer. This is the 3rd one I've seen (planted) and they seem to actually add a little romance to the plant without upstaging them.

Thanks for posting the pot pics and disolving my fears, lol!
--
Bev
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

October 24, 2012
1:50 PM

Post #9314260

Sundownr wrote:Gorgeous pot Biddy, really nice work! The story makes it an heirloom!!

I was always feared that such ornate pots would take away from the beauty of the plants placed in them until this summer. This is the 3rd one I've seen (planted) and they seem to actually add a little romance to the plant without upstaging them.

Thanks for posting the pot pics and disolving my fears, lol!
--
Bev

You are right to a degree, you probably have to plan what you are putting in it - but then - there are so many colours to pick from in the tiles- each time you put a plant in with the same flower colours - it enhances the pot! Symbiotic? Is that the word. However, my friend chose a plain plant to enhance the pot - that is cool too. I will put up a photo of a pot I did a few years ago with a stunning plant in it! See what you think.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

October 24, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #9314337

Can't wait to see it !

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

October 24, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9314468

Me too, can't wait!
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

October 30, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9320525

biddy52 wrote:

You are right to a degree, you probably have to plan what you are putting in it - but then - there are so many colours to pick from in the tiles- each time you put a plant in with the same flower colours - it enhances the pot! Symbiotic? Is that the word. However, my friend chose a plain plant to enhance the pot - that is cool too. I will put up a photo of a pot I did a few years ago with a stunning plant in it! See what you think.

I have put a photo of the pot under Forum/Mosaics and Stained Glass/ "TERRACOTTA POT RESTORATION" Post 9314271 - I hope this leads you to the right one? Still getting my head around Daves Garden - so much to learn!
bellieg
Virginia Beach, VA

July 29, 2013
3:06 AM

Post #9614939

I love it!!!

Belle
Debsroots
Northwest, MO
(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2013
7:17 AM

Post #9733562

That is one beautiful pot. I'm sure your friend appreciates all the work and thoughtfulness you put into the project. Want to be my friend :)

Thanks for sharing!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Mosaics and Stained Glass Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm trying stained glass mosaics without grout! luckygardnr 14 Aug 23, 2012 3:05 PM
How is your shop set up? SandiTX 26 Aug 3, 2009 4:15 AM
Show us all your bowling balls! luckygardnr 273 Aug 27, 2014 6:35 PM
A Demonstration: Breaking Properties of Tempered Glass scooterbug 10 Aug 28, 2007 4:50 AM
Glass painting Vee8ch 3 Dec 12, 2007 3:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America