Nightowls Eighteen; After 8 years, we need a new thread.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Join us for just plain chatter.
We are moving on. Our market garden is doing great, our flower beds never looked better. All because o0f the great girls working for us this summer. Now I need to find a way that they will be back next year.
Sept. 15 is our 40th anniversary. A Saturday, so we need a big party of course. We will have an open house at our Legion Club starting at 5 PM, then a band playing from 8 till midnight.
We are throwing the party instead of going to the Kentucky RU this year. Been there 4 years in a row.
Bernie

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

May I be the first to wish you a happy anniversary. We had a bash for our 25th with a band and a pig roast.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Amazing someone could put up with you for 40 years lol just kidding congrats.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Ummmm............Ernie, in Oct. it will be 43. Even more amazing, huh??? LOLOL

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Anna poor spousal unit. You and Bernie are lagging behind me Jan will be 46.

Blooms Blooms where are you my pretty?

Dianne up and attem.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Ernie, I think you & I are the same age. That means I had more time to sow my wild oats before I got married!

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Well,of course you have more married years, Ernie. You are an old geezer. Bwahahahaha............I am just a young whippersnapper..........

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Berniie that may be but then you needed more time lol.

Anna hush child bawahaaaaaa

I still want Blooms the beautiful to show.

Dianne the man magnet where are you?

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Hearty congrats to anyone who can make it forty years ...I'll never do that, I'd be 90...

Bernie, give those girls a bonus and sign them up now!

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Wassa matter Sheila.........you don't think you will live to be 90??? I know you will, there are too many people that need the benefit of your wit.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Major congratulations, Bernie and Bertha!!! And many more!!! (I think Bertha qualifies for sainthood, any time soon. :))

I had high hopes of stopping by in June but that didn't work out as planned. I'll make it work another time, tho. :)

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

They do say only the good die young.........

Verona, ON

Hiding in the woods of Verona Ernie. Not much I want to wander out the lane for these days.UPS comes right to the door except when they are afraid to drive the lane in winter and I have to go out to meet them.

My SIL (Warren's) passed on Thurs of the same old brain/lung cancer. Hit me pretty hard - just too close to Warren's passing.

Diesel is growing like a bad weed - way over 20 lb now and just turned 12 weeks. Quill adores him but certainly keeps him in his place. Smart little devil too. Ernie did you crate your guys at night?

Congrats Bernie and Bertha ! Unfortunately that are not too many people who can celebrate the same occasion. Have a blast at your party.

Not much for FB myself but a friend did post some pics of Diesel and Quill on my page last night. Remember I don't do pics.

M5 I read a really good true story this week about a doc on Nantucket - think you might like it, ISLAND PRACTICE by Pam Belluck. He sounds like your kind of doc Erine!

Haven't been to sleep yet so I guess I had better try for a nap. Make sure you all do something good for yourself today everybody.

Dianne

This message was edited Aug 26, 2012 11:12 AM

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Happy anniversary, Bernie and Bertha! We only just reached half of that this year.

Our patient continues to mend. She's off the Tramadol now, so is a little less mellow. She complains about being in the crate, but if she's on the couch or loveseat, I have to make sure she doesn't jump down when she gets restless. So, it won't kill her to be on a fluffy dog bed in the crate. Shoot, she's lying in there right now, drinking water out of a bowl...Doesn't even have to get up for that! She does what we call The Zombie Face, where she rests her nose on the cage or gate grating. It makes for some pretty funny faces, and when she vocalizes her discontent at the same time, it's pretty amusing. Then it becomes irritating. LOL

Our yard and garden look terrible this year. I was doing a lot of traveling for work in the spring, so started out behind. Then we had the hot, hot, hot weather and the storm June 29 that knocked out our power 9 days. I completely lost my mojo. The yard is full of crab grass, the flower beds full of weeds. My garden is probably consulting a lawyer to divorce this wife.

Thumbnail by gardenwife
waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

ROFL, what a face!! She surely doesn't like the jail.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Dianne I crated them all at a very early age,I put them in during the day for naps and when they needed a time out. They got so used to it they went in on their own.007 went to work with me and I put a box under my desk with a pillow inside . It was so funny to tell her to go to bed and watch her get in the box and stick her little nose out the door. If you crate soon enough they will soon seek it out when they want a nap.

Kimberly my yard is not so hot this year either.Bernie would scold me about my garden but it was good enough to get a few blue ribbons at the fair.Medical issues with both of us just made it to darn hard and when we hired a helper well i won"t start.Mamma allways said if you can't say anything goood don't say anything at all. Bernie can tell you about hiring garden helpers. Oh some are good.

Shiela you snuck it while I was writting.So how are the Meezes?

Blooms Blooms I want Blooms come out come out wherever you are. Sow us somw pretty pictures my pretty . Bernie don't be jelouse I only have eyes for Blooms.

This message was edited Aug 26, 2012 8:48 AM

Verona, ON

Thanks Ernie. That's what I have been doing but the other night Diesel had an accident in the crate and now struggles against me not to go back in. I washed the crate and all the blankets out but he just doesn't seem to like it any more. Any suggestions?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Dianne, make sure you feed him his meals in there. He'll associate it with good things. That's what we did with our dogs. Plus, they don't like to soil the place where they eat. :)

Verona, ON

AH, I never thought of that. Thank you so much will try that out today. See you are such a wise man ..... I'll not even say an old wise man. How are you feeling?

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Errrr...I'm feeling pretty female, actually? Bwahahahaha!! :D

Verona, ON

LOL GW> I was so in need of a nap that I didn't even look at who posted - just thought it would be Ernie wanting the be 'first' over here too.lol

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

LOL
Brain farts. Have 'em all the time.

Meezers are fine, spoiled rotten. I tried a new (pricier) no-grain cat food and they turned up their noses at it. I only bought a few cans. They are now in a bag,waiting to be returned to the store, with a sign by DH saying "Poyson food. ". Everybody's a comedian.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Shiela it's easy to be funny at anothers expense. Not everyone can be a comic sometimes they get you on the stage lol. My kids eat what is put in their dishes. When finished Jenny skulks around and checks the boyz dishes for crums but never finds much but she checks anyway like she thinks it is only fair to get as fat as I am

This message was edited Aug 26, 2012 10:43 PM

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Dianne my dogs will mug you for a dog biscut. They are pickey though they qon't go for the cheap ones.Both of my old departed Goldens reacted the same way when the vet gave them a biscut they dropped it and then sat and looked at him as if to say where are the treats like dad gives us.These chow hounds will eat the vets treats but they are slow to chew it.-Could be he has changed brands .

Blooms come out come out wherever you are

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Emma is all about the treats at the MedVet hospital. They're the only reason I got a picture of her looking anything less than miserable while wearing the cone. After one night, we came up with an alternative means of keeping her from licking her leg. The cone makes the whole household suffer. LOL

Thumbnail by gardenwife Thumbnail by gardenwife Thumbnail by gardenwife
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Kimberly much better than a cone and cheaper to.The best thing is it is easier on the dog immagine wearing that stupid cone and bumping into everything.Bravo to you .

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Her nose is soooo long, and she's so flexible, they had to put a really deep cone on her. Poor thing was miserable with it laying so heavily on the top of her head. She's on cage-rest for another 2-4 weeks, but darned if she doesn't want to leap down off the couch when we have her up there with one of us. We really have to watch her like a hawk now that she's not doped up on Tramadol and mellow. LOL We kinda miss the quieter, doped-up Emma, but it is nice getting the welcoming rooooo's. Just not the bark-bark-bark-bark.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2012 10:05 PM

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Is this really the last of the nightowl threads?
I've been lost so long it
's hard to find my way back.
someone??

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Hi guys! It's been awhile! I used to participate in this group! And........ I am still a night owl....... is Lani still around? I do have her on my Facebook.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Good glory look what floated up into sight. Not sure why I even have it watched but Hello to anyone who peeps in.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Theres my Blooms Im doing the happy dance now. I really will do a happy dance if we can keep her here

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Night Owls ALIVE and WELL!!!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

With Ernie on board, never a dull moment.

Very blah winter here. Working on cabinets every day.

Went through catalogs, (paper & online), & have all my seeds figured out.
Need to order onions, strawberry plants & sweet potato plants when we finish this cabinet job.
Vicious circle, cabinet income pays for seeds, vegetables buy cabinet stuff.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

yep, it's me. Freezing in the desert southwest. For weeks now. This is not normal. Or it's the new normal.

Meanwhile I'm cuddled under my sleeping bag comforter going thru my seed catalogs. A time honored January occupation. Already crossing my fingers for some precipitation to moisten the earth for planting.

It sounds like you all are happy with puppies and plants doing well. Tho I have found some untoward ailments that i'm sorry to hear about.
And how are the mini ponies? i think I may have spotted Maria on facebook altho i'm not really on there. My son signed me up and I just never saw the how-to benefits. people I dont know friending me - I dunno, but it seems to me that Dave's was a closer knit group or at least had been. Ooops, here comes my son to take me to the store. More later - I promise.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

IMHO FaceBook is a waste of cyberspace. LOLOL

And DG is much better than those "other places". I'm staying here. :>)

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

went to find a picture to attach and at random here is an old favorite. Oh to be so energetic again.
well that didnt work file was too big and I forget how to shrink. tried tho.

Got back from store with new foam mattress for twin bed... mine. Leaves more room for other stuff in there. tee hee. Now I hafta have some supper.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's one from fun times a few years ago.
Anybody recognize these people or the gal dressed up ?

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

The guy on the guitar is Melody's husband, Keith. Left back is Sharran, who authors lots of articles.
Right side is Ellen & Al from Nashville.
Of course gardenwife was there, too.
I really miss the Round up's, having been at 12 of them.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

meow

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I miss ours too Bernie, we didn't stir up enough interest last year to have one and this year doesn't look much better.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images