Photo by Melody

Irrigation Systems: pressure drop per foot of tubing at different flow rates.

Communities > Forums > Irrigation Systems
bookmark
Forum: Irrigation SystemsReplies: 12, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

RickCorey_WA

RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA
(Zone 8a)

August 24, 2012
6:28 PM

Post #9252692

Does anyone know where to find olf table of pressure drop per foot of tubing at different flow rates?

I often see "max practical flow rates" quoted for different size tubes, but that must mean that, around that flow rate, the pressure drop per foot becomes serious.

I'd like to be able to estimate how much the pressure drops along the line in (say) 1/4" OD tubing when the total flow approachs 30 GPH. And I might plan on having lower pressures at the far end, by putting spot spitters at the far end where they don't need much pressure.

These "max practical flow" numbers are from memory.

3/4" PE Mainline - - 0.830" ID - - 480 GPH

1/2" PE Mainline - - 0.600" ID - - - 240 GPH

1/4" PE micro tube - 0.170" ID - - - 30 GPH

1/4" Vinyl or
PE 'Rigid Riser' - - - 0.160" ID - - - - 30 GPH ??

1/8" PE micro tube - 0.125 ID - - - - - ?? 12-20 GPH??

Then I also wonder whether the flow numbers they quote allow for the fact the the openings in transfer barbs are much smaller than the tubing ID!

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Irrigation Systems Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Drip Irrigation Gardening TomK 40 Jun 26, 2014 5:51 PM
EZ cloner success stories skidbump 78 May 16, 2012 1:44 PM
Who has an Irrigation System birder17 27 Sep 25, 2014 1:59 PM
Irrigating/watering "cottage" garden lizzipa 16 Jun 10, 2011 5:37 PM
do rain barrels provide enough ooomph for drip irrigation? 6aseeder 15 Mar 26, 2011 2:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America