New Unexpected Kordes Roses: Can They be Planted Now ?

Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

My sister went to Tyler last week, and brought over 4 Kordes roses from Chamblees.
They are Lemon Fitz
Milano Kolorscape
Flamingo Kolorscape
Mandarin Ice
Is now a really bad time to be planting them; they're in small quart-sized containers.
I'll have to plant them somewhere, even if it's in the garage under the grow light :) !!!

Richmond, TX

I would plant them now - just be careful to keep them watered.

Conroe, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks porkpal; I have to do something with 'em, and that sounds like a good ideal !

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Or you can plant them in a pot. I installed a one gallon Glamis Castle from Chamblees received this year in a pot, and it refuses to stop blooming. This pot is bigger than necessary because I think I'm going to keep it in a pot and overwinter it in my garage. You won't need pots this large.

The other advantage is that you can easily keep them well watered. This rose has shown no blackspot, and no mildew, and because it is in a pot I can't treat it with the Bayer 3 in 1 product I use on my other roses. All it gets is RoseTone and it got some Osmocote.

Here it is today. It just finished another major bloom cycle. I had just deadheaded it, but what you can't see is that there are several buds forming on it.. It's an easy short term solution if you have a few pots.

Thumbnail by DonnaMack

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images