Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Why do my Dwarf Banana and Ensetes leaves kinda collapse?

Randers, Denmark

My palms have been growing pretty good. Both plants were miniature plants back in December. Now as they grown a great deal bigger, their leaves starts to collapse as you can see on the pictures.

What could be the cause for that or is it normal?

Thanks in advance

Thumbnail by MadsHilde Thumbnail by MadsHilde Thumbnail by MadsHilde Thumbnail by MadsHilde
(Zone 7a)

How much sun are they getting?

Randers, Denmark

They do not stand in direct sunlight but about 2 meters from the windows in the living room.

Is it a sign of no direct sunlight?

Randers, Denmark

No help, guys?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

In most cases, plants that are genetically programmed to grow erect, but don't, are not getting enough light, which is almost certainly the issue with your bananas.

Al

(Zone 7a)

I agree. That's why I asked how much sun they are getting. Can you move it where it gets more? Bananas are sun/part sun plants.

Randers, Denmark

Well, if you look at this picture of a musa basjoo, the leafs act the same way as mine even though it grows outside in direct sunlight. I know it's much bigger than my plants but it still looks the same.

http://www.plant-pictures.net/picsinfull/musa_basjoo.jpg

San Francisco, CA

Move your plants closer to the glass. I think they are too far from the windows for good growth.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i don't know if i'm just not seeing the problem or what, but they look fine to me. banana leaves don't stay upright once they are mature. only the new growth does that and the lower leaves die off as it gets bigger.

bhopal, India

hi...
welcome to this forum site , here u can find lots of things , i suggest you for your question ,you have to contact any other expert right now
i am not able to give u answer.
Thank's
------------------------
[url= http://www.javanotes.com]java tutorial ][/url]

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

the above post might be spam. i suggest not clicking on it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.