Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: My Favorite Climbing Rose, ‘Zephirine Drouhin’: Just Got Mine In The Mail

Communities > Forums > Article: My Favorite Climbing Rose, ‘Zephirine Drouhin’
bookmark
Forum: Article: My Favorite Climbing Rose, ‘Zephirine Drouhin’Replies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
claregirl
Newtown, CT

August 29, 2012
1:24 PM

Post #9258437

I went to every nursery in my area and nobody carried this rose or even heard of it. When I explained all about it, some looked it up and ordered it for next spring but I couldn't wait. Two just arrived in the mail from Great Garden Plants and I am so excited. Thanks to this article I think I have found the perfect rose for an arch I put on a small hillside on the north side of my house. I will be planting them tomorrow. Wish me luck.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

August 29, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9258802

Good luck! I'm glad you had a chance to get some of your local nurseries interested in it... it just seems to do well for more people in more places than any other rose I've heard about.

You might think about letting a clematis climb that arch also... I've been noticing rose/clematis combos lately and appreciating how well they go together. :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: My Favorite Climbing Rose, ‘Zephirine Drouhin’ Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great idea! adinamiti 11 Jul 10, 2008 6:52 PM
Anyone have this rose in Zone 4? dahlianut 4 Jul 8, 2008 11:59 AM
Nice article about a nice rose. PaulFromAL 11 Jul 9, 2008 11:25 AM
Zephirine Drouhin msmouser 3 Jul 22, 2008 2:40 AM
no blooms jaxweaver 2 Jul 28, 2009 1:48 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America