Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Gardening by the Moon: Moon Gardening Calendar September 2012

Communities > Forums > Gardening by the Moon
bookmark
Forum: Gardening by the MoonReplies: 36, Views: 237
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

August 29, 2012
4:36 PM

Post #9258645

As usual, the Calendar I always put first in the thread is the Farmer's Almanac because some people follows it, then I continue with the one I use, the Biodynamic system.

One of the element in Biodynamic, is the planting calendar,which has to do with the cosmic timing of activities in the garden, much of the timing for work to be carried out according to the biodynamic system is to do with the movement of the moon through the Zodiac.

Farmers' Almanac September 2012

1st-2nd Good Days For Planting Root Crops. Fine For Vine Crops. Good Days For Transplanting.

3rd-5th Seeds Planted Now Will Grow Poorly And Yield Little.

6th-7th Good Days For Planting Root Crops. Good Days For Transplanting.

8th-9th Seeds Planted Now Tend To Rot In The Ground.

10th-11th Fine Planting Days For Fall Potatoes, Turnips, Onions, Carrots, Beets, And Other Root Crops. Also Plant Seedbeds And Flower Gardens. Good Days For Transplanting.

12th-15th A Most Barren Period, Best For Killing Plant Pests, Or Doing Chores Around The Farm.

16th-18th Good Days For Planting Peas, Beans, Tomatoes, Peppers And Other Aboveground Crops, In Southern Florida, Texas, And California. Excellent For Sowing Grains, Hay, And Forage Crops. Plant Flowers.

19th-20th Excellent Time For Planting Aboveground Crops That Can Be Planted Now, Including Leafy Vegetables, Which Will Do Well. Start Seedbeds.

21st-23rd Clear Fencerows, Woodlots And Fields, But Do No Planting.

24th-25th Any Aboveground Crops That Can Be Planted Now Will Do Well.

26th-27th Poor Planting Days. Kill Plant Pest

28th-30th Favorable Planting Days: First Day For Aboveground Crops. Last Two Days For Root Crops. Last Two Days Also Good For Transplanting. All Days Fine For Planting Vine Crops.

Biodynamic Moon Zodiac Calendar

September 1st

Flower day
Sign: Aquarius
Moon Full Moon

Synodic:
Now is a good time to sow root vegetables, berries, bulbs, onions, biennials, and perennials.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Aquarius: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants Do not sow Root plants: Radish, Spring Onions, Turnips. Fruits Harvested now should be eaten straight away.

Sidereal:
Moon in Aquarius: Dry and barren. Garden maintenance only.
gretagreenthumb
Wichita Falls, TX

August 29, 2012
7:57 PM

Post #9258876

Cristina - I think I need some gardening by the moon for dummies help. . .

According to your above post:

Synodic:
Now is a good time to sow root vegetables, berries, bulbs, onions, biennials, and perennials.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Aquarius: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants Do not sow Root plants: Radish, Spring Onions, Turnips.

How can it be a good day to sow root vegetables (Synodic) and then Biodynamic says Do not sow Root plants, radish, spring onions, turnips.

Does it have to do with different root types? As your August post described, which I think I need to go back and study.

Thanks for your knowledge and willingness to share. Thus far I think I planted correctly according to the moon for my fall garden, but maybe just using the Farmers suggestions. See, I need to study!
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

August 30, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9259842

greta, let's see if I can explain.

I am trying to show as many modalities of moon gardening calendar as I know.

Of course there are many differences in any of them, in my opinion the biggest difference is wether the modality is Heliocentric (looking the influence of the moon from the Sun ) or Geocentric (looking the influence of the moon from the earth ). As we live on Earth I feel this is the one I have to use.

The FA's calendar is Heliocentric

These other 3 are Geocentric but not all of them are the same.

Then we have all the other 3 modes:
The Synodic, following the or waxing and waning cycle, it divides the Moon cycle into four phases or quarter, takes 29.6 days and groups plants into categories, Root Crops, Foliage, Crops with seeds on the outside, and crops with seeds on the inside, and puts plants to the phases of the moon which is best for their growing needs.

Biodynamic cycle
this is the one I follow, with good results
These is more, can I sa,y complex because includes the influence of the waning and waxing of the Moon but also the 12 Zodiac signs on the moon, for more accurate planting. This method was developed by Rudolf Steiner in 1924, and the Zodiac signs used when the moon passed through them. It also includes the position of the moon, Venus and Saturn and there are other complexities ... You could see the Wikipedia Article onBiodynamics.

Sidereal cycle
Sidereal cycle is similar to the Biodynamic cycle except only the moons orbit around the earth is used to define the best times to sow and harvest. The moon cycle is divided up into 12 equal 30 degree sections fallowing the position of the moon in the sky, but it may not be the same as the current moon position ...
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

August 30, 2012
6:08 PM

Post #9259853

September 2 - 3 - 4

Leaf day
Sign: Pisces
Moon Full Moon September 2
Waning gibbous from September 3

Synodic:
Sow root vegetables, berries, bulbs, onions, biennials, and perennials.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Pisces: Water sign. Sow Leaf plants like Basil, Cabbages, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage,Lettuce.
Do not sow Fruit plants.. Produce harvested now should be eaten straight away.

Sidereal:
Moon in Pisces: This water sign promotes root growth and Pisces is the best sign for planting soft fruit.
It is a time of maximum water intake for plants.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

August 30, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9259859

Leaf plants / days.

LEAF are associated with the water constellations (Pisces, Scorpio, Cancer).When you plant in a Water sign, the Moon's influence / energy is channeled into the leaves. This are considered to be the most productive signs, even more so than Earth signs.

Choose leaf days for salads, leaf herbs (mint,basil), Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbages, Celeriac, Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage,Dill, Kale, Florence Fennel, Kale, Lettuce, Rhubarb, spinach, Swiss Chard, also cauliflower and leeks, as well as grass or non flowering hedges
gretagreenthumb
Wichita Falls, TX

August 30, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #9259925

Thanks! That helped.
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 31, 2012
10:56 AM

Post #9260497

Got my second batch of daylily seedlings ready to go out tomorrow. A good day for transplanting it says and my late gradma's b'day. Got to be great flowers!

The above info was great, Im still learning for sure.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

August 31, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9260926

greta and gardenglory, thanks for the feedback, I love it!

I'll try to share as much information as I can, May I suggest you to start keeping this information by cutting and paste into your own word document, just in case ... I hope to continue being a member of DG's and try to continue doing my bit.

If you have any question, please ask.
Thank you guys!
gretagreenthumb
Wichita Falls, TX

August 31, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9261093

Cristina, I do have a question.

My dad and I have been talking and trying to figure out why our sweet potatoes did nothing this year. Top growth looks great. Bottom growth appears to be rotten potatoes - think mush. We are clueless.

I jokingly said maybe we planted on the wrong moon day -- to which he sneers, as he plants when he can not when the moon tells him to. I would love to know when I planted, but do not believe I noted that down this year. Then I wonder how could the roots (typical sweet potato part) be mush and yet the green vines look great. Any ideas???

I have not dug up all of the plants yet, as I want to dig them up and feed to the goats as the season progresses. Hopefully I'll be surprised and eventually get a real eatable potato.

Oh, and thanks for the idea to cut and paste. I will.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 1, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9261805

sweet potatoes are easy to grow but they like hot weather and you can harvest sweet potato leaves at any time but the underground crop need 4 month to produce a crop, that is what I know, perhaps you are harvesting too early and your crop has not mature as yet.

When the foliage starts to yellow, you can dig your tubers . Try to harvest before the first frost and when the foliage die back, do not leave them in the ground too long.
gretagreenthumb
Wichita Falls, TX

September 1, 2012
8:36 PM

Post #9261985

Heat and time are not my problems with the sweets. Unless it is too much heat and too much time!

Another question -- corn -- is it considered a flower or a fruit? Trying to figure out when to plant. Thanks!
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 2, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9262765

Corn is a fruit plant.

Fruit plant include all plants with seed fruit we harvest: beans, peas, grains, cucumbers, squashes, lentils, corn, capsicums, rice, soya, tomatoes, zucchini, strawberries, all fruit trees.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 3, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9263755

September 5 - 6

Fruit day
Sign; Aries
Moon Waning gibbous

Synodic:

Biodynamic:
Moon in Aries: Fire sign. Sow Fruit plants. Do not sow Leaf plants: Basil, Cabbages, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Lettuce.

Sidereal:
Moon in Aries: Dry and barren. Garden maintenance only.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 3, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9263765

Fruit Days

FRUIT are associated with the Fire constellations (Aries,Leo, Saggitarius)
Warmth or fire signs are favourable for fruit plants. The Moon's influence is channeled into the fruit and seed of the plant.

Use Fruit Days for all fruits (currant cranberry, strawberries, raspberries, apples, plums)...as well as all fruiting vegetables plants whose seed fruit we harvest: beans, peas, grains, cucumbers, squashes, lentils, corn, peppers, capsicums, rice, soya, tomatoes, courgettes, pumpkins. zucchini, strawberries and fruit trees.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 4, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9265007

September 7 - 8 - 9

Root day
Sign: Taurus
Moon: Last quarter

Synodic:
Garden Maintenance, weeding, cultivation, start a new compost heap. Do not sow anything.
Produce Harvest now will keep well for longer.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Taurus: Earth sign. Sow Root plants: Jerusalem Artichokes, Onions, Radish, Spring Onions.
Do not sow Flower plants.

Sidereal:
Moon in Taurus: Sow Root vegetable crops especially when hardiness in drought conditions is needed.
Moon in Gemini, September 9: Barren and dry, and yet good for promoting flower growth
gretagreenthumb
Wichita Falls, TX

September 5, 2012
8:45 PM

Post #9266535

Hey, any idea what category kohlrabi is???? Is is root?

Looks I'm gonna be busy the next couple of days. I want to get corn & peas in tomorrow. Then next few days I need to plant carrots, beets, turnip, and kohlrabi (?), plus a few radish (not for me, but hubby).

Thanks for this wonderful information!

Really wanting to go back and check why some things I planted aren't popping out of the ground. This early fall I planted according to the farmers. Need to go check my notes.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 6, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9267487

In biodynamic, kohlrabi is a Leaf!

Good luck
cristina
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 7, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #9268355

Roots days
Roots days are associated with Earth signs (Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo), the energy of the Moon is focused into the roots of the plant. Planting now you will get strong, hardy well-anchored plants.

Root vegetables are divided into : Tap Roots, Tuberous Roots, Corms, Rhizomes, Tubers, and bulbs.

Tubers differ from other roots in that they are swollen underground stems, capable of producing new plants and storing energy for the parent plant. If the parent plant dies, the underground tubers can create new plants. Other roots can take nutrients from the ground, but cannot store energy or use it for reproduction. So while every tuber is a root vegetable, not all roots are tubers.

Tubers = Potato, sunchoke, yam

Tap Roots = beet, carrot, cassava, jicama, parsnip, radish, rutabaga, salsifi, sugarbeet, turnip. Horseradish is a tap root mainly use as condiment.

Tuberous Roots = Sweet potato, yucca.

Corms = Celeriac, eddo, taro, water chestnut.

Rhizomes = Arrowroot, galangal, ginger, ginseng, lotus root, turmeric.

Bulbs = garlic, onion, spring onions ((also known as scallion, salad onion, onion stick, green shallot, or green onion in many countries), shallot, leeks, chives...
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 8, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #9269271

September 10 - 11

Flower day
Sign: Gemini
Moon: Waning crescent

Synodic:
Garden Maintenance, weeding, cultivation, start a new compost heap. Do not sow anything.
Produce Harvest now will keep well for longer.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Gemini: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants. Do not sow Roots plants Onions, Radish, Spring Onions.

Sidereal:
Moon in Gemini: Barren and dry, and yet good for promoting flower growth.
gretagreenthumb
Wichita Falls, TX

September 9, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9269876

cristina -- another "dummy" question. . .

If things are planted inside a house, is it still recommended to plant according to the moon -- to make sure they are transplanted according to moon times?

Seems almost all of my broccoli, cabbage, kale, and cauliflower seeds refused to come up; then the very few that broke into seedlings failed to survive. Could be heat or drought, even though I tried to keep them moist. (Edit to say: went back and looked, I planted these on the farmer's planting day, but according to biodynamic, should be root day. Dang! Also planted lettuce on flower day and 99% never came up. Time will tell with potatoes, planted on flower day. It will be an interesting fall, as it has already proved to be.)

After this year's disaster of a garden, which had plenty of water (via hose), I really wonder if maybe the drought which is beyond my garden hose really effects everything anyway. Thinking maybe the dry parched soil beyond the wet watered soil sucks all moisture away making it near impossible for me to garden successfully.

Hoping this next year won't be our third year in drought and extreme heat. And hoping my fall garden will do better -- if I can get anything up and growing!

This message was edited Sep 9, 2012 12:15 PM
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9270164

Greta why don't you start your seeds in flats, follow the biodynamic planting time and hen when the 2 first real leaves appears you can start transplanting them, also just make a smaller vegetable garden with smaller bed so you can control the moisture better. Wether you sow inside or not the planet are up there influencing all places in our earth

When I plant in flat and I didn't have a greenhouse I cover my seeds with a see through plastic bag that maintain a humid environment inside the bag and you can open them when you want it to circulate the air etc.

About the weather, I would say that drought will be the norm for some years in areas that the drought already is in, that is why you have to find out a what time is better for you to water and also if you can try container garden.

Even now I do what I use to do in NSW Australia, I collect all the rain water and my grey water and used that in my garden , also I did container gardening and I use to have a big plastic thingy around 3 feet diameter and 1 1/2 deep where I dip the vegetables pot in and I leaf them until they stop bubling Takes them out and another lot when in, it seems a lot of work but I did enjoy to have plenty of home grown herbs and vegies
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2012
5:26 PM

Post #9270173

September 12 - 13

Leaf day
Sign: Cancer
Moon: Waning crescent

Synodic:
Produce Harvested now will keep well for longer.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Cancer: Water sign. Sow Leaf plants like Cabbages, Lettuce.
Do not sow Fruit plants like Broad Beans, Peas.

Sidereal:
Moon in Cancer: This is a good time for germination
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #9270179

Leaf Days

LEAF are associated with the water constellations (Pisces, Scorpio, Cancer).
When you plant in a Water sign, the Moon's influence / energy is channeled into the leaves. This are considered to be the most productive signs, even more so than Earth signs.

Choose leaf days for salads, leaf herbs (mint,basil), Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbages, Celeriac, Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage,Cornsalad or Māche, Dill, Endive, Kale, Florence Fennel, Kale, Lettuce, Rhubarb, spinach, Swiss Chard, also cauliflower and leeks, as well as grass or non flowering hedges
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 11, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #9272337

September 14 - 15 - 16

Fruit day
Sign Leo
Moon New Moon

Synodic:
Sow leafy vegetables and annuals that produce above ground. Lettuce, Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Sprouts, Sweetcorn, Cucumber. Grains are also good to plant now. Harvest vegetables to store for winter.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Leo: Fire sign. Sow Fruit plants : Broad Beans, Peas.
Do not sow Leaf plants: Cabbages, Lettuce. Leo is a good sign for harvest, Fruits pick under Fire sign will store well for loger.

Sidereal:
Moon in Leo: Dry and barren. Garden maintenance only.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 13, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9274351

Fruit Days

FRUIT are associated with the Fire constellations (Aries,Leo, Saggitarius) Warmth or fire signs are favourable for fruit plants. The Moon's influence is channeled into the fruit and seed of the plant.
Use Fruit Days for all fruits (currant cranberry, strawberries, raspberries, apples, plums)...as well as all fruiting vegetables plants whose seed fruit we harvest: buckwheat, beans, broad bean, peas, grains, cucumbers, squashes, lentils, corn, peppers, capsicums, rice, soya, tomatoes, courgettes, pumpkins. zucchini, strawberries and fruit trees.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 14, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9275369

September 17 - 18

Root day
Sign Virgo
Moon New Moon

Synodic:
Sow leafy vegetables and annuals that produce above ground. Lettuce, Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Sprouts, Sweetcorn, Cucumber, also Grains. Produce harvested now will last for a long time.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Virgo: Earth sign. Sow Root plants: Onions, Radish. Do not sow Flower plants.
Fruits Harvested now will store for longer.

Sidereal:
Moon in Virgo: Dry and barren. Good time for garden maintenance.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 16, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9276892

Roots days are associated with Earth signs (Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo), the energy of the Moon is focused into the roots of the plant. Planting now you will get strong, hardy well-anchored plants.

Root vegetables are divided into : Tap Roots, Tuberous Roots, Corms, Rhizomes, Tubers, and bulbs.

Tubers differ from other roots in that they are swollen underground stems, capable of producing new plants and storing energy for the parent plant. If the parent plant dies, the underground tubers can create new plants. Other roots can take nutrients from the ground, but cannot store energy or use it for reproduction. So while every tuber is a root vegetable, not all roots are tubers.

Tubers = Potato, sunchoke, yam

Tap Roots = beet, carrot, cassava, jicama, parsnip, radish, rutabaga, salsifi, sugarbeet, turnip. Horseradish is a tap root mainly use as condiment.

Tuberous Roots = Sweet potato, yucca.

Corms = Celeriac, eddo, taro, water chestnut.

Rhizomes = Arrowroot, galangal, ginger, ginseng, lotus root, turmeric.

Bulbs = garlic, onion, spring onions ((also known as scallion, salad onion, onion stick, green shallot, or green onion in many countries), shallot, leeks, chives...
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 16, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9276920

September 19 - 20

Flower Day
Sign Libra
Moon Waxing crescent

Synodic:
Sow leafy vegetables and annuals that produce above ground. Lettuce, Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Sprouts, Sweetcorn, Cucumber, also Grains. Produce harvested now will last for a long time.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Libra: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants. Do not sow Root plants: Onions, Radish, Spring Onions.

Sidereal:
Moon in Libra: A Good time to sow green manures or cover crops
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 17, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9278110

FLOWER are associated with AIR signs (Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius),Plant now, if you want fragrance, beauty, and a long flowering time under these signs. All flower plants, flowering trees and flowering vines and shrubs, the Moon's influence is channeled into the blossom growth.

Use flower days for planting / cultivating Broccoli, Cauliflowers ( although these will do better in a Water sign). Globe Artichokes, bulbs and flowers, flowering herbs (eg Angelica, Borage, Camomile, Lavander, Wormwood.), flowering hedges, flowering trees (eg Lilac), also if you want flowering bulbs and corms ...

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

September 17, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #9278122

When is the next best time to dig roots? (in my case, Belgian endive to store in the dark)
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 18, 2012
5:11 PM

Post #9279333

Hi Darius how are you?

Fiery signs, that is Aries, Leo, Saggitarius are the signs for good storage.
Harvest and store when the moon is descending. Alternatively harvest on a waning moon and they will last for a long time.not

Do not harvest in Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces, Water sign are not any good for harvest.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 18, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9279336

September 21 - 22

Leaf day
Sign: Scorpio
Moon First quarter
First quarter

Synodic:
Sow vegetables that produce internal seed bearing fruits. Tomatoes, beans, peas, peppers, chillis, pumpkins, courgettes.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Scorpio: Water sign. Sow Leaf plants Cabbages, Lettuce. Do not sow Fruit plants Broad Beans, Peas.

Sidereal:
Moon in Scorpio: An excellent time for planting, germination and strong sturdy growth will result.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 20, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9281356

Leaf Days
LEAF are associated with the water constellations (Pisces, Scorpio, Cancer).
When you plant in a Water sign, the Moon's influence / energy is channeled into the leaves. This are considered to be the most productive signs, even more so than Earth signs.

Choose leaf days for salads, leaf herbs (mint,basil), Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbages, Celeriac, Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage,Cornsalad or Māche, Dill, Endive, Kale, Florence Fennel, Kale, Lettuce, Rhubarb, spinach, Swiss Chard, also cauliflower and leeks, as well as grass or non flowering hedges.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 21, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9282287

September 23 - 24

Fruit day
Sign: Sagittarius
Moon First quarter

Synodic:
Sow vegetables that produce internal seed bearing fruits. Tomatoes, beans, peas, peppers, chillis, pumpkins, courgettes.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Sagittarius: Fire sign. Sow Fruit plants: Broad Beans, Peas. Do not sow Leaf plants: Cabbages, Lettuce.

Sidereal:
Moon in Sagittarius: Dry and barren. Good time to plant onion sets and bulbs.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 23, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #9284333

September 25 - 26

Root day
Sign: Capricorn
Moon: Waxing gibbous

Synodic:
Sow vegetables with seed bearing fruits. Tomatoes, beans, peas, peppers, chillis, pumpkins, courgettes.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Capricorn: Earth sign. Sow Root plants Onions, Radish. Do not sow Flower plants

Sidereal:
Moon in Capricorn: Potatoes and tubers planted now will have a strong growth.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 25, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9286261

September 27 - 28 - 29

Flower day
Sign Aquarius
Moon Waxing gibbous

Synodic:
Sow vegetables with seed bearing fruits. Tomatoes, beans, peas, peppers, chillis, pumpkins, courgettes.

Biodynamic:
Moon in Aquarius: Air sign. Sow Flowering plants. Do not sow Root plants Onions, Radish.

Sidereal: September 27 - 28
Moon in Aquarius: Dry and barren. Garden maintenance.

Sidereal: September 29
Moon in Pisces: best sign for planting soft fruit.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

September 28, 2012
5:22 PM

Post #9289316

September 30

Leaf day
Sign Pisces
Moon Full Moon

Synodic:

Biodynamic:
Moon in Pisces: Water sign. Sow Leaf plants Lettuce, cabbages.Do not sow Fruit plants. Beans, Peas.
Fruits Harvested now should be eaten.

Sidereal:
Moon in Pisces: This water sign promotes root growth.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Gardening by the Moon Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Moon calendar? nivlac 13 Jul 11, 2007 5:46 PM
Welcome to the Gardening by the Moon forum dave 67 Dec 27, 2008 6:47 AM
Those who know how to read an almanac defoecat 81 Jul 10, 2007 1:03 AM
Moon Phases threegardeners 9 Jul 11, 2007 9:59 PM
Here's what I'd started last year .. Magpye 24 Jul 21, 2007 4:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America