Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Plant Rescue Two: Ten Little Survivors and How They Grew: You've inspired me

Communities > Forums > Article: Plant Rescue Two: Ten Little Survivors and How They Grew
bookmark
Forum: Article: Plant Rescue Two: Ten Little Survivors and How They GrewReplies: 0, Views: 2
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
orangegrovegirl
Port Saint Lucie, FL

August 31, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9261097

Hi - I remember reading your first article about buying end-of-season plants; I've really enjoyed your follow-up. This has inspired me to look for discounted plants, but it also inspired me to think twice before discarding packets of out-of-date seeds. I was ready to toss some nastursium (sp.??) seeds that had expired in 2010, but I had just recently read your first article. I decided to plant them about 5 weeks ago (late July) and was pleasantly surprised that about 25% of them germinated! They're not beautiful yet but not only were they two years out of date, I probably didn't plant them at the right time of year either. I remember both my grandmothers had pots of them that bloomed profusely and they are a happy reminder of my childhood. I'll definitely try the nastursiums again, only this time I'll pay more attention to the planting season! Maybe I'll finally get the potful of blooms that I remember from my childhood. Thanks for a lovely article. And the roses look wonderful!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Plant Rescue Two: Ten Little Survivors and How They Grew Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quack grass clara36 1 Aug 27, 2012 8:24 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America