Northeast Gardening: Coffee Break # 85

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1273995/#new

Good Morning! Hope your coffee is hot enough, tea is strong and your juice is sweet.
Did anyone get to see the blue moon last night? Once the clouds cleared, it was huge and bright!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Allison is right, I need prayers is a big way....my brother Brian is full of cancer. They found a large mass in his lung, neck, and brain.
The lung is a large tumor and it's not operable, in his neck is a large blood clot, and the brain has some swelling around the mass there. I need prayers for peace and mercy, no long term suffering. This is the brother I go fishing with, boating, he's the cook, and my gardening buddy. Besides my husband.....he's my best friend.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

{{{{Celeste}}}}

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm so sorry Celeste.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Sooo sorry to hear this (((♥♥♥))) Praying for you and your brother Celeste. So very hard when It's a sibling since they are such a part of you. Keeping you close in my heart for peace and mercy.

Thomaston, CT

Just devastating, Pixie! Life is so precious, and so short......prayers for peace and mercy for Brian.....

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Prayers from Connecticut.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

sending prayers

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

So sorry, Celeste.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Dear Celeste, big hugs. Praying for your brother and the whole family. Also praying for no long-term suffering. Praying for continued special moments with him.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

so sorry Celeste ((((hugs))))))

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks everyone.

Thomaston, CT

Went to son's for picnic today.....7 kids present...here are the younger ones setting up a "lemonade" stand.....they were mixing strange combos!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

so sorry celeste

Cute, Robin!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

We just got home now having compressed the work of sending three kids to their colleges in a busy, high mileage week! I hope I can post pics from the famous Namkaugh garden taken during a stop in the Berkshires to rest our weary bones. Right now, we are very tired and sore and feeling pretty wierd with the quiet and CLEAN house.

We explained to our dog how each child had gone to a college. He listened and stopped waiting by the front door for them. After we moved his mistress, if you petted him, he'd put his head into your arms and wimper.

My heart goes out to Celeste and to Louise, and the rest who've posted too. Prayers, prayers prayers are what I can offer.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Prayers for you, too, Rosemary as you settle into the empty nest. Lots of pets for your furry friend.

Looked like a lot of fun, RD.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Enjoy your rest and quiet time Rosemary and give Cliffie some extra hugs♥

Fun times Robin!

Wow - cannot imagine having all three kids leave at once, Rose! You can take mine if you like.

Thomaston, CT

Poor Cliffie! He'll need lots of extra attention.....now that the kids have left, Rosemary, do something special with your hubby or friends at least once a week....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks all. Empty nest is truly an adjustment that has just begun for us. It did help Cliffie to take him to a patio restaurant. A lot of kids and adults came to admire him. Still, he walks all around the house probably hoping they'll appear, and daytimes while we are at work will be much longer, even if we do make a point to come home at lunch.

In some ways it is a blessing that kids have gone on to college. We are very thankful we were able to get to this point. Also, I can clean, and a day later, it still looks good!

It would be really funny if i decide to teach a college course again, and DS goes to the closest university. Thanks for the offer Victor, since you undoubtedly have amazing kids, but i think I've earned a little rest.

Understood, Rose, but the offer stands...

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

blame Victor for the wrong thread.. LOL

Some people just HAVE to enforce the sandbox rules...

I'm going to send my coloring book to Jen with all my pictures with coloring outside the lines!! ^_^

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Or if the coloring picture is a stained window, you can make it all one color.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

hee hee

Just got back from gym, worked with a trainer...my legs feel like jelly

Thomaston, CT

Mine always do!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Walking down the stairs is killing me

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

wait until tomorrow :-)

Hee hee! Good pain. I will join this week.

Anyone know how far away you must stay from plants you want to protect when spraying with RoundUp??

My older one has lunch at 10 AM!!! How stupid is that?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Don't know

Very stupid. Is there a chance later in the day for a snack?

The teachers are now discussing that.

RULE for girls' shorts - no lower than where their fingertips when arms are down at sides. That seems pretty high to me.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Victor I don't think it matters how close as long as the RU doesn't touch the other plants.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ours used to be our 4 fingers above our knee

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Fingertip length it's called and that is the proper length for school...stand up and let your arms relax at your side, mine lay about 4" above the knee...if you look at the shorts they sell now it's 0" inseam which would be about 12" from the knee...BIG difference

I did that and it's much higher. No baboon arms here. ;)

Thomaston, CT

My grandkids started school yesterday...article in this morning's paper said a bear got there first....such fun living in the boonies....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images