Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: DJ9'S FALL SEPT 2012 PLANT SWAP SHOW & TELL

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 92, Views: 492
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2012
3:16 AM

Post #9261201

PLEASE POST HERE WHEN YOU HAVE MAILED OR RECEIVED YOUR BOX & PLEASE TRY TO POST A PICTURES OF YOUR BOX WE LOVE TO SEE. WHAT YOUR ADDING TO YOUR GARDENS .

FALL IS HERE GREAT TIME TO SHARE

AHOOGSTRA---WWKATHY
ALIKAT32----MRSSPEEDSGARDEN
CHELLFLOWER---CHEERMOM
FOTV ----STRANG2U
CZIMMERMAN---REDUNICORN
MIDWESTFARMWIFE-----DIAMOND9192002
MINNESIPPI--MITTSY

REC;D
MINNESIPPI-
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN
ALIKAT32

This message was edited Sep 14, 2012 3:50 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

September 5, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9266480

Hi FOTV,

I thought I'ld show you examples ot what I was thinking of sending you.
Canna indica var. maculata There are more.

Thumbnail by strange2u   Thumbnail by strange2u         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

September 5, 2012
8:09 PM

Post #9266488

Hi FOTV,

Canna x generalis
Cherry Red Canna Lily

Thumbnail by strange2u   Thumbnail by strange2u         

strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

September 5, 2012
8:16 PM

Post #9266494

Hi FOTV,

Unknown variety of Canna.

Thumbnail by strange2u   Thumbnail by strange2u   Thumbnail by strange2u      

strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

September 5, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9266499

Hi FOTV,

Unknown variegated Hosta

Thumbnail by strange2u

strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

September 5, 2012
8:31 PM

Post #9266518

Hi FOTV,

Colocasia antiquorum
Illustris Imperial Taro

Thumbnail by strange2u

strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

September 5, 2012
8:34 PM

Post #9266526

Hi FOTV,
I might send more things a well.

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

September 6, 2012
3:22 AM

Post #9266658

Beautiful photos!
strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

September 6, 2012
8:31 AM

Post #9266895

Thank you
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 7, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9268303

Omgosh! Already recd from mittsy! Thank you very much!
Spring bulbs (dafs?)
Hardy geranium jesters jacket
Shasta daisy crazy lady
Gayfeather liatris per & kobold
Hosta blue wedgewood
Seeds- hollyhock & columbine

I'm not ready for fall...its 67 and windy right now. Need a light jacket outside. I will get these a drink and in the ground right away!

Thumbnail by minnesippi

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2012
1:27 PM

Post #9269104

Paul, I'd be thrilled with any of those. Very nice photos and plants.

Excellent plants, Steph. Really do like Liatris and have a white one added this year.

I am ready for Fall, at least the cooler weather promised this coming week.
strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

September 8, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #9269192

I've seen pictures of white liatris, and they sure are great looking. But, I've all ways wondered if liatris are floppy, not that that matters much.

Thank you for the compliments on my plants and photos.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 8, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9269259

I Like the EE Colocasia antiquorum & Also the UNKNOWN Variegated one But Just can't seem to grow EE's

Very nice Plants & Bulbs Min I Have the Purple Liatris if any one wants :))
Just thought I would share the flowers I picked this morning & of the Lantana I planted 1st time & hope to get some seeds from them for next year :)

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9269421

Paul, I didn't take pics, but mine remained upright until last month when the heads started to get heavy producing seeds. About the same time we had a wind / rain storm that left them half prone. The flop factor doesn't bother me either and the same thing happens to my Coreopsis.

Your cut flowers are so pretty displayed in vases, Susie. Did you use food coloring in the water?

Anybody remember using food coloring to change the color of Queen Anne's Lace and Carnations? My Mom used to do that when I was a kid and thought it was magic!

While in town today, I couldn't believe how much Halloween stuff is already out.

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 8, 2012
10:01 PM

Post #9269524

They already have Christmas stuff out at the WalMart by our house.

Sue G

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

September 9, 2012
3:54 AM

Post #9269594

What? Christmas stuff already? It gets crazier and crazier!

Paul - my purple liatris flower stems never seem to flop over...the leaves get wilty as fall sneaks in...but I usually end up cutting the stems off in the upright position. I've never seen white ones before...gotta look those up!

FOTV - we do the carnation coloring as science projects in our school each year...the kids love it...the darker colors show up better on the carnations! It's fun fun fun!

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 9, 2012
4:30 AM

Post #9269607

Yeah, not only that they had the Halloween stuf out as soon as July 4th was over and everyone is selling heavy winter clothes that we out here in Phoenix can't even wear until January. I think all the stores follow their corporate dictates with no thought to the fact that it is often 75 degrees here on Christmas. But they are selling heavy sweaters, coats, boots, etc. Nuts.

Susie, your pics are beautiful, wish I had enough gardens to have cut flowers like that. But if I brought them in the house,the cats would just play with them anyway :(

Sue G

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2012
6:52 AM

Post #9269698

Fruit Wanted to ask did the STRIPE Variegated grass I Sent you make it or not ? If Not I Will try to send this fall.

Just waiting for the grass to dry off so i can play outside today Much cooler here & Much nicer :) Think I will go repot a few plants .
ya all have a great day
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 10, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9270617

I had white liatris bulbs this spring...the squirrels stole them...so who knows if the will pop up or where. Squirrel stole a ginger root too. Little stinkers. They are diggin in everything right now storing their nuts...all my potted plants. Then, about January, I get oak trees in all my house plants :/ LOL!

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

September 10, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9271347

Minne - the squirrels are crazy here in NH...we've never seen them climb trees and toss the pine cones down - even before the cones are ready to fall...it's like taking your life in your hands to walk under the trees here. I've got (inches deep) pine cone debris everywhere below the trees...it's like they know something about this upcoming winter that I should be worried about. Stinks that they stole your bulbs! BRATS! I can never keep tulip bulbs from them so I don't try anymore! TOO discouraging when you dig and dig all fall and get NOTHING in the spring! My doggie Ethan believes that squirrels are his arch enemy - he takes it upon himself to keep our 4 acres free of any squirrels on the ground! But alas -- they don't care once he goes in!

It was darn chilly last night -- 40 degrees! UG!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 12, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9272879

Ali - thats how it is @ my house with acorns, knee deep it seems like. They are out in full force when the dogs are inside. I noticed the dogs getting lazy though. 2 squirrels WALKED through the yard and the dogs just watched...Come ON! Still have to have the umbrella up when sitting on the deck of you end up getting nailed in the head - or "extras" in your coffee...I hate that. An acorn ruins a perfectly good cup of coffee. :/ LOL!
95° yesterday - 76° today. Some rain last night which is needed (everywhere I know) and possibly more this morning.
Leaves are falling - raking will now take over the weekends instead of weeding and mowing.
mrsspeedsgarden
Franklin, NC
(Zone 6b)

September 12, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9273515

Candi-I received my swap box and loved everything you sent.
Siberian iris
Bearded iris
foxglove (I really like foxglove)
lupine (also like lupine but cannot get it to grow here will try again)
coneflowers
daffodil bulbs

Candi-I hope you have received your box. I have the del. confirmation # if we need to check and see where it is..

Thanks for swapping with me this month.

Shirley

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

September 13, 2012
5:24 PM

Post #9274397

Shirley,

I was out of town until Wednesday night (late) and I had your box waiting for me...I opened it up (midnight) but I just couldn't wait to see all those surprise plants you were sending! I planted everything this afternoon and am so excited to have all the varieties you sent!

Below is a photo of all those great plants...

Shirley sent me:
astible
tiarella - sugar and spice and another variety
lily of the valley
japanese painted fern
grape hyacintys
crinum - milk and honey
acanthus mollis
helleborous foetidus

AND she even put new garden gloves in my box...I totally don't deserve the extra TLC but love it anyway!

I hope the lupines grow...I've heard they don't transplant well and I've never tried moving them around the gardens...i just let them grow where the seeds fall and hope for the best! I have seeds and if you need some let me know !!! It's so strange but I'm getting foxglove all over the place...I only had about 3 plants last year that bloomed...none this year...but lots of babies! I have no idea what color they will be but who cares - they are so beautiful as flowers! Thanks for being such an awesome trade buddy!

Thumbnail by AliKat32

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 14, 2012
1:54 PM

Post #9275228

Awesome Variety Ladies I had foxglove a coupl years ago but guess they didn't like it here for they did not reseed so i hope to scatter some seeds in the future :) along with lupines .
Still have much on my list to get done for tomorrow so you all have a great evening will check back when i can

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

September 15, 2012
2:36 PM

Post #9276099

Minne - that's so funny...acorns in your coffee! I can just picture it too...they probably give each other extra points if one can toss it down and land in your cup! I was just outside earlier today and man -- in the places that I cleaned...there's more pine cone debris! AHHHHHHH! Like I don't have enough to do that I have to go back and redo stuff!

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 17, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9277553

Ali - I feel the same way with dishes and laundry...Got to a point this weekend I could see the laundry room floor (still 9 loads left of bedding & rugs) and then add two more loads this morning of more sheets :/ Im fixing to make everyone walk around in their underwear and everyone has to sleep outside - no blankets...and then there's the dogs..wash the floor, drag in the crap from outside and shed all over...Im never done :/ I deep cleaned the house this weekend (well from 3pm Saturday until 3pm yesterday due to football, soccer and the need for sleep) I am exhausted!

AliKat32

AliKat32
Greenfield, NH
(Zone 5b)

September 18, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9279408

Hi Minne - I can never see my laundry floor! I feel your pain! :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9279788

Good Morning all sorry for being MIA My Swap is over , & I Got my New Patio In , have to get my patio roof on yet .
Turning cold here yesterday I Felt Not to good so most the day was spent Inside but i feel a little better today so hope to get my Trench for the Gasline dug up :) so much to do before it gets any colder.

& Here are a few BLOOMS Left in the Gardens

SO How are the trades going THEY SHOULD ALL BE SENT OUT BY THE 24 TH IF POSSIBLE WELL SUN IS SHINING SO OFF TO THE GREAT OUTDOORS BACK LATER TODAY .

AHOOGSTRA---WWKATHY
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D
CHELLFLOWER---CHEERMOM
FOTV ----STRANG2U
CZIMMERMAN---REDUNICORN
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
-MITTSY

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9279818

Susie, you can mark strange2u as received. Love that Dahlia.

Happy Birthday, Diamond Girl! May all your blooms come true :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9280110

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANITA

Thumbnail by deejay9

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 19, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9280231

Watching the mail delivery every day. I love suprises! adding my Birthday greetings, nice cake.
Fruity, did you win a blue ribbon?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9280384

After hubs and I saw what wasn't entered in a neighboring County Fair that could have been, I will enter plants and he hopes to enter veggies next year. Our mail lady racked up several Blue Ribbons and a few Red and White ones. Two of her Blue Ribbon pumpkins are up there and some of her veggies and eggs that all placed are scattered in this photo.

Oh Mittsy, you'll appreciate seeing the quilts! Here are 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Sorry if seeing these are re-runs for some of you.

Old Virginia and North Carolina Ham sacks on a new 2012 quilt won 1st place; LK let me know the technique on the next one is Yo Yo done in a patchwork pattern and it took 2nd; 3rd went to the Double Wedding Ring.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2012
3:52 AM

Post #9280790

Thanks for posting the quilt photos. I love the ham sacks, how very clever. It deserved first place.

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

September 20, 2012
4:51 AM

Post #9280818

Hey WWKathy...I mailed your box out yesterday! Hope you enjoy!
Alicia

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9280865

Nice Quilts TY For sharing SUZZZ :) sun is rising good was 44 this am cool weather is here . Sweatshirt weather .
Hey that would be a Nice swap to do HEHE
ya all have a great day .

susie

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

September 20, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9280902

I LOVE the quilts! My Aunt Amy is a BIG quilter, and she made me a beautiful small quilt to hang in my kitchen! I LOVE it! AWESOME Suzz!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 20, 2012
6:40 AM

Post #9280915

Mittsy - I will be getting in the garden this weekend. My back slipped out and I've hardly been able to move :/ Im all taped up now so it should hold me. Its impossible to do anything during the week with sports - we are gone from dinner time to bed time - and being I dont get home until dinner time from work, that makes it difficult to get in the garden. What is the cut off date for you for me to ship to NY?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9280959

Monday the 24th all boxes should be shipped by . ty all
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

September 20, 2012
8:54 AM

Post #9281052

I recieved my box from redunicorn and she has recieved from me. She sent me a lot of daylilies:) love them!a will post the names when i get home.. very nicce big clumps of them, most two or more fans! Thanks redunicorn!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2012
9:52 AM

Post #9281106

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE UP-DATES that helps

AHOOGSTRA---WWKATHY
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D
CHELLFLOWER---CHEERMOM
FOTV ----STRANG2U
CZIMMERMAN-REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
-MITTSY
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2012
2:52 AM

Post #9281800

Minnesippi, I'm sorry you have back problems. My DH is in constant pain so I know how bad it can be. If you can't make the deadline of the 24th, then just hold off until I dmail you that I am in Cocoa Beach, and you can send to me there.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 21, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9281915

I should be able to make the deadline. I can get out there tonight and Sunday evening

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

September 21, 2012
1:42 PM

Post #9282342

Hey WWKathy;
Did yo get your package yet? I hope so! Ohhhh i can't wait to get mine:)

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 23, 2012
6:51 AM

Post #9283794

Good morning!

My car has been the shop for two weeks finally got it back yesterday afternoon so I can finish up Dianne's box and get it out to her tomorrow -

I received Dianne's box on Friday and here is what I got!

Several magazines of Alabama and Alabama Funny Pages - really interesting stuff!
a spiral bond notebook - always need these to keep track of trades
Postcards of the area and some of Dianne's favorite wildflower seeds - I'll have to try these
A confederate jasmine cutting to remind me of Alabama's role in the Confederacy
A beautiful wooden box "Live Laugh Love"
A lovely note explaining the contents and their meaning
Some yummy homemade pear relish - hubby wants some with dinner tonight

Thanks Dianne!

Thumbnail by CheerMom

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 23, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9283837

Sue Are you sure you Posted on the right forum your PARTNER Here was CHELLFLOWER & For Plants ???? Nice Box but I Don't think it goes here :) HEHE

Please POST HERE If your going to get your BOXES Out BY MONDAY SEPT 24th SO I Can CLose this forum BY The 30th.
ALSO If YOU HAVE REC"D Your BOXES PLEASE LET US SEE WHAT YOU REC"D .

I Have lots of clean up to get done weather is turning colder faster then i want it too .
ya all have a great day OH ANYONE Tell me what this plant might be ??

THERE IS 2 TYPE OF PLANTS BUT THEY LOOK SIMULAR
#2 IS MUCH TALLER . THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A MISSIOUR PRIMROSE BUT THISIS TALL

BACK LATER
SUSIE

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9         

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 23, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9283841

HERE IS ONE MORE PLANT

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9         

czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

September 23, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9284264

Deejay
#2 is what i know as Missouri Primrose
#1 in 2post looks like amaranth
chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #9284857

I'll be mailing my buddy's box today...sorry I've been MIA -- been really busy at work and prepping for Fall. But I've got most of the gardens weeded/mulched and the pond cleaned up (also evicted 3 doz. frogs...but of course, by the next day most were back in there swimming! LOL)
Fruity, I'll Dmail with conf. # when I get back from the PO.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9285012

Chell, this is Susie's swap so D-mail the confirmation numbers to her.

Susie, second pic in your second post with purple blooms looks like Henbit, a weed at least to me. It it's not Henbit, your plant still has square stems and is in the Mint family. Hubs fights Henbit in our driveway all the time.

chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9285204

Soryy Fruity & Deejay, got my swaps mixed up (was kinda addle-brained this morning, LOL).
I DID get the box mailed to the correct person though. Dmailing you the conf. # Deejay.
thanks!
Chell

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9285339

evening all Well its true Fall is Here I Also been Mulching & Pulling weeds time for a shower & My super but just wanted to thank you all for A great swap this season & Apoligize (MS) for being scatter brained at times with caring for daddy & His passing , you all were wonderful in helping me get through this season .

I sure am looking forward to all my NEW Blooms Next season & hope that you all will enjoy some of my FAV"S From my gardens .

Would you all like to do a Fall BuLB SWAP For OCT ???? if so i will open a thread TOMORROW :))))
Good Night all

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 24, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9285350

I wrote a long post about how addle-brained I was and posted on the wrong thread -wonder where I posted THAT LOL!

Anyway, I'll be getting my partner's box out tomorrow hopefully, playing catch-up from not having my car for so long!

Sue G
midwestfarmwife
Jamestown, OH

September 25, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9285950

Diamond and I exchanged our boxes the 3rd wk. of Sept. Sorry I don't have pictures of mine, but I rec'd some nice Sedums - Matrona, Autumn Joy, and Striped. I planted all 3 in the same bed on the S.W. side of our house. I think it will be a good spot for them. I also got Helenium which went into a round bed in the side yard with iris and peonies, and the pink Hardy Hibiscus is planted in a sheltered place on the S. side of the house. We also exchanged some seeds. Anita sent me Blackberry Lily, Green Envy Echinacea, and Burgundy & Vanilla Scabiosa.

Thanks for a FUN trade! I'm really looking forward to my new additions.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9286177

TY MWFW: For Letting me know .

I Just Got BACK FROM "PAT"S" Many of you Know her as The DAHLIA Lady I Have my Order in My Ribbon's are tied around about 20 + plants I don't know how that lady dose it she has 1000's of bulbs planted in Her fields & are just Beauty ful.
wish I Would have had my camera with me but I didn't . But i still have my memory of them :)))

well back to the gardens BBL

AHOOGSTRA---WWKATHY
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D
CHELLFLOWER---CHEERMOM
FOTV ----STRANG2U
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
-MITTSY
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 25, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #9286262

Post man never picked up yesterday - dropped mail, but didnt get my package! :/ I dropped it at the PO tonight. On its way Mittsy!!

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 27, 2012
4:29 AM

Post #9287661

When I opened my box from Chell I felt like you must feel when you win big at Bingo Susie ----- JACKPOT!!!

Here is what I got:

Echevaria - 2
Red Shrimp Plant - Yay! One of my "most wanted"!!!
Hoya "Crinkles" - almost bought this one the other day - glad I didn't!
Kalanchoe - 2
Hoya - a bigger one
Kalanchoe "Flaming Katy"
Zebra Aloe
Golden Sedum
Echevaria Harmiis
Kalanchoe Scallops
Spider Plant
Boston Fern
another Hoya

It's as if you answered all my wishes, Chell, I had just been wishing that I had more smaller plants to fill my empty pots on my patio and now I do - thanks so much - you could not have done any better!

Sue G

Thumbnail by CheerMom

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 27, 2012
4:31 AM

Post #9287662

Oh!

And the stained glass candleshade - Chell did you make that yourself? It's beautiful and so creative!

Thank you so much!

Sue G

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2012
4:53 AM

Post #9287670

I Want a Red Shrimp Plant - OH They are such a cool plant Guess I will have to wait till I Can retire in My OLD Age to A warmer Climate :)
that is a cool Box Thank you SUEG For sharing with us .

NOW KATHY OH KATHY WHERE ARE YOU ????? Just checking if you have your box open yet can you Let us KNOW Please??

AHOOGSTRA--- ???
WWKATHY---???
MITTSY----?????
CHELLFLOWER-????
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV ----STRANG2U
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2012
3:55 AM

Post #9288591

My box was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Here are the pictures of the plants I received from minnesippi (Stephanie)
1. noid peony
2. phlox flame white
3. rhodie shrub
4. salvia east friesland
5. coreopsis moonbeam
6. purple beebalm

These are all plants that are new to me. Thank you so much, Stephanie, I'll have fun deciding where each will be planted in the gardens. A big thank you to you, too Susie, another great swap as usual.

Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9288668

Wow Nice Mittsy & I also wanted to let you know I have all the Jap IRISES you Shared with me all in there new Home & Fingers crossed I Can Grow them here thank you for sharing
well off for my BD & Hoping to hit a few Sales today :)

AHOOGSTRA--- ???
WWKATHY---REC:D ---Need PIC
MITTSY----REC"D
CHELLFLOWER----????
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV --REC"D
-STRANG2U------REC"D
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

September 28, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9288768

I couldnt believe the rhodie was "blooming". I picked up two of them myself. I decided to go "new" plants for the most part because everything in my yard is done or beyond :/ The peony and beebalm were from my gardens, but as you can see, the rest were purchased. Hope they all made it okay and glad they arrived before you went south.
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2012
7:42 AM

Post #9288780

I just love that you sent white flowers as they will go in my mom's white garden.

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

September 28, 2012
10:19 AM

Post #9288993

Awesome box Mittsy! It sounds like everyone is having a great swap! Looking forward to mine too!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2012
1:24 PM

Post #9289116

Yes it does, Alicia.

Susie, I haven't received Paul's box yet. (Edited to clarify.)

Very nice selections, Steph. You're going to especially love the Rhodie, Mittsy.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2012 7:14 PM
chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 28, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9289284

Cheermom/Sue, I'm so glad you liked the box sent. I did make the candle lampshade...I used to make stained glass back when I had the workspace and time, LOL. The lampshades also look cute on a mason jar terarrium ( I would have sent a candle, but they melt & leak in the heat= messy box).

I recieved my box from Cheermom/Sue yesterday. She sent a boxful of nice goodies...
watsonia -orange, caladium, peruvian daffodils, a large moses in the boat, pink tropical hibiscus, and irises (pink embroidery, puccini & veined velocaraptor). Thanks Sue for a great box, esp. the irises, hibiscus & peruvian daffs!

Deejay, Dmail me your addy & I'll root & send you some of the shrimp plants ;)
Thanks for hosting another awesome swap...looking forward to the next one!

Thumbnail by chellflower

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9289333

strange2u / Paul --- can you tell Tell us what all you rec'd in your box from FRUITY ???? & Has your box gone out this week ????
Chell : did you say you rec'd ???

Fruity : Look see the Asiatic Lily That BLOOMED A Few days ago Strange HUNN ::??? Can't think of name now But there is another one about to Bloom .

Well I have carolyn my Neighbor here for the night so off to Have a PJ Party :))) I Promised her :) ya all have a great weekend .

AHOOGSTRA--- ???
WWKATHY---REC:D ---Need PIC
MITTSY----REC"D
CHELLFLOWER---REC:D
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV ----???????
-STRANG2U------REC"D
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D

This message was edited Sep 28, 2012 7:45 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

September 28, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #9289403

Chell, what you thought were iris's were actually daylilies - should have marked them better, hope you were happy - I sure am and your plants are all happy in their new homes.
Really added to my blank spots on my patio.

Well our mid 90's degree temps only lasted a couple of days - back to 100 and 101 --- to say I am tired of this is an understatement!

At least the mornings are cooler.

Sue G

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9289995

HEY ALL NEW SWAP FOR BULBS IS OPEN come check us out
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282221/
chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9290481

CheerMom wrote:Chell, what you thought were iris's were actually daylilies - should have marked them better, hope you were happy - I sure am and your plants are all happy in their new homes.
Really added to my blank spots on my patio.

Well our mid 90's degree temps only lasted a couple of days - back to 100 and 101 --- to say I am tired of this is an understatement!

At least the mornings are cooler.

Sue G

I don't know why I typed the word 'irises'...I knew they were daylilies-had just finished looking up the varieties onlline...just having a 'duh' moment, LOL. I like that they're fragrant types, and my son just loves the velociraptor.
thanks, Chell

chellflower
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2012
8:34 PM

Post #9290483

Deejay, yes I did recieve. Thanks.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9290773

GEE Looking good everyone :)
Just waiting for the Grass to dry so I Can get outside & Pay Just a few More days Before the Temps are going to Drop .

Our trees are starting to turn very color full so you know fall is in the air .Wellwas Just reading our Local News paper another classmate has passed so off to inform others who do not get our paper ya all have a great day .

I Have been enformed that our last two Boxes have been mailed & Should Arrive by Mon-Tues :)))

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

September 30, 2012
12:30 PM

Post #9291113

I'm soo sorry...here I am...

Look at the goodies I recieved from ahoogstra: The cutest little dragonfly candle holder, just LOVE it!!!!
Plants: Hosta 'Golden Tiara', Hosta lancifolia, Hosta 'A Many Splendored Thing', Hemerocalis 'Hello Yellow', Hemerocalis 'Rumble Seat Romance', Hemerocalis 'Uncle Brian', Hemerocalis 'Strawberry Feilds Forever', 1unnamed hemerocalis (Did I loose the tag?), Geranium bloody cranesbill, Achillea 'Coronation Gold'.

Thankyou sooo much, yeah...Hems. and Hostas, and both of the other plants were on on my replacement list (in my head), lol...how did you know????? Your box will arrive tomorrow...Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy         

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9291156

ty kathy for sharing the pic that is a nice variety Love the bee to cute .

AHOOGSTRA--- ??? in the mail
WWKATHY---REC:D
MITTSY----REC"D
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV ----??????? in the mail
-STRANG2U------REC"D
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

September 30, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9291164

Hey kathy...Big Apple is your last daylily:) Sorry, found the list I sent you!
Alicia
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9291354

Great looking plants, Chell, and Hems and Hos there, Kathy!

No leaves are changing here yet that I've noticed except Sycamore, Maples and Dogwoods. Won't be long before the grand show with our cooler nights.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 1, 2012
2:58 PM

Post #9292623

These are the excellent plants I received today from my September buddy, strange2u.

Absinthe - Artemisia absinthium, Mugwort
CANNA indica var. maculata
CANNA Cherry Red
CANNA (mystery -- can grow up to 12) ' Do you recall the color of the blooms?
COLOCASIA antiquorum 'Illustris' --> beautiful leaves
MUSA acuminata 'Dwarf Cavendish Banana' --> really wanted

Everything arrived in great healthy shape. All these will be assets to my gardens, Paul. Thanks for a great job and for trading with me this month!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine         

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2012
3:25 PM

Post #9292676

Nice fruity :)
nOW WE HAVE ONE MORE BOX LANDING & i BET IT MIGHT HAVE & sHE IS BUSY PLANTING OR POTTING :)))
See Alicia I Told you to take more Pots :) HEHEHEH

AHOOGSTRA--- ??? in the mail
MITTSY----REC"D
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV --------REC'D
-STRANG2U------REC"D
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 1, 2012
3:49 PM

Post #9292710

They're all nice and you know what a Canna nut I am.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2012
4:20 PM

Post #9292763

Fruity Is NUTTY Over CANNA"S

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

October 1, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9292858

Here goes..everyone ready...WWKATHY completely spoiled me! Atleast 5 different cuttings of Clematis (wish me luck on rooting them) if anyone has tips PLEASE let me know! Coreopsis 'Sunray" x2, Perennial Flax,Centaurea "rocky mountain blue",x 2 "amathyst in snow", a small "alba", "yellow pincusion" plant,
Dianthus "Zing" a creeping pink, and A TON of iris!
Oh yeah...I am spoiled:)
Thank you agan Kathy!
Have a great night my gardening friends!
Alicia

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9293334

TY ALL FOR A GREAT SWAP & NOW SEPT SWAP IS CLOSED & WE HAVE A

OCTOBER: FALL BULB SWAP OPEN PLEASE FEW FREE TO COME JOIN US :
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282221/#new

AHOOGSTRA--- REC'D & BUSY PLANTING :)
MITTSY----REC"D
CHEERMOM----REC"D
FOTV --------REC'D
-STRANG2U------REC"D
CZIMMERMAN----REC'D
--REDUNICORN-----REC'D
MIDWESTFARMWIFE--REC"D
-DIAMOND9192002---REC"D
MINNESIPPI-REC'D
ALIKAT32--REC'D -------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN----REC'D
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

October 2, 2012
9:43 AM

Post #9293561

Thank you Susie!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9293890

Well, I had hoped Paul would check in. I have a list of plants I sent but did not take a photo.

Thanks again for another great round, Susie. Always fun!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9293935

your all welcome Guess paul has stopped watching this thread . so susan BUT We Know You send GREAT Plants .
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #9294026

My goal was to send more than usual to welcome Paul to the group, and he did send a very nice Thank You note to me privately.

Several of these were on his wants list.

CALLA Black Star bulb
CANNAS -- one each of City of Portland and Wyoming
DAYLILIES -- Chicago Apache, Highland Lord, Victorian Ribbons, and Wild Horses
IRIS Immortality -- 2 small rhizomes
KNIPHOFIA Red Hot Poker sp.
LIATRIS spicata “Alba”, White Gayfeather
LYSIMACHIA Aurea, “Creeping Jenny” -- very small clump
PANSY Magestic Giants II “Patricia” -- 2 plugs
SWISS CHARD “Bright Lights” -- 2 plugs
SEDUM species with Pink blooms (possibly “Autumn Joy”) -- small rooted plant
VERONICA prostata “Aztec Gold” -- a bright little chartreuse ground cover added last year that has a profusion of tiny Blue blooms in late Spring or early Summer.
SEEDS – Agastache “Golden Jubilee”, Black Cardamom, Bloody Dock (Red Sorrel), Cosmos Klondike, and Eryngium zabelii 'Big Blue' (Sea Holly).

Labels were included except for the seeds.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 3, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9294449

ty sooze for Posting the list We all KNOW What a Great Box you do for so many players .
Very busy day running around so ya all have a great day .

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

October 4, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #9296058

Thanks for hosting susie and making all this possible!!!! Great swaps this year...am still attempting to get things in the ground...Got most of my backyard rototilled now the raking and planting...Fingers are crossed as we are getting our first of the cool weather of the season (snow might be heading my way this weekend but hoping it goes north for a few more weeks while I get planting done...)

Thanks everyone that traded with me over the last 6 months as it has been very rewarding and great fun... I feel like I'm the luckiest person in the world!!!! So many great goodies that I didn't have and do now, what fun...hoping all my babies make it thru the winter as I'm excited about seeing so many new blooms next season..Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9296415

I also Have all my Plants in the ground Now & Now i need to find homes for all the brugmasia cuttings that I Will have :)))

thank you all for a great swap this season & Hope to share again next spring :))))
susie
strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

October 7, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9298953

Hi eveybody,
Sorry for being so antisocial. I've had six to eight projects, going on at the same time. Here are some pictures of the plants Susan gave me. I 'll edit this to tell you what is what,very soon. Susan gave me a lot more than just this, but I only took pictures of what was planted into the ground. I 'll be back soon.

1st pic is Wild Hyorses Day Lily on the left, Highland Lord Day Lily on the right
2nd pic Chicago Apache Day Lily
3rd pic Victorian Ribbons Day Lily
4th pic Tropical Depression Day Lily
5th pic Kniphofia Red Hot Poker

This message was edited Oct 8, 2012 10:03 PM

Thumbnail by strange2u   Thumbnail by strange2u   Thumbnail by strange2u   Thumbnail by strange2u   Thumbnail by strange2u

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 8, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9299288

Looking good, Paul. Man your soil is black.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9299300

Nice Plants seem to like your Soil Have you a list of the others you rec'd :) our 1st very hard frost last night so off to dig my BULBS .
strange2u
Hinsdale, IL

October 8, 2012
9:43 PM

Post #9300251

Thanks FOTV and deejay9, I do have gardens with more clay, as well, I just didn't plant any of your plants in those gardens.
Yes there is more, some I planted, some are to be stored in my crawl space, and seeds that will be planting in the spring. I'll give you a list of them when I have time. The other plants that I planted, never got photographed, because my memory card is full.

a sedum, I'll ID it next year, I don't think it's 'Autumn Joy' Sedum because I have Autumn Joy' Sedum, and the leaves look different.

Thumbnail by strange2u

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 9, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9300404

Paul, No need to list what you received as I did on October 2nd, see above. Found a Sedum tag in the yard after I mailed to you and yours may be "Vera Jameson". I have two clumps of her rambling with others. One Vera J. is under a huge clump of Pampas Grass where the cats like to lay and need to move it to a sunny spot where it would be happier, and I could see it bloom.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America