Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Insect and Spider Identification: Please help me Identify this bug

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 1, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mitch94
Leicester
United Kingdom

September 3, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9263167

These bugs are very tiny, and a brown/red colour. They aren't ants, and if you look from a distance, you would thing it is just a speck of dirt. They have been on my windowsill, and I woke up one morning and saw them all over the side and crawling over the walls. I started leaving sticky tape down to trap them, and I must have got a few hundred so far.

Today is the third day and there are less of them now, but I have no idea where they are coming from. I taped up all the small gaps on my side where they could have come from, but they are still appearing from nowhere. Even a few of them I have seen in my bed. They seem harmless, but they are really annoying because they climb in my drinks that are on the side, and over everything.

I washed my bed sheets and I have hoovered and dusted all over my room and they still keep coming. If someone could please identify the bug so I know how to get rid of them, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot :)

P.S I am from the United Kingdom.

Thumbnail by mitch94   Thumbnail by mitch94   Thumbnail by mitch94
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Flapdoodle
Minot, ND

September 4, 2012
3:38 AM

Post #9264237

Could be clover mites - http://www.ppdl.purdue.edu/PPDL/images/Size-clover-mites.jpg (scale is in millimeters) and http://www.lbbd.gov.uk/Environment/NoiseandNuisance/Pages/FactsheetsCloverMites.aspx for a fact sheet.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 26 Apr 26, 2014 7:18 AM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America