Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Grey Water: What is it and how to use it: *SO* Underused!

Communities > Forums > Article: Grey Water: What is it and how to use it
bookmark
Forum: Article: Grey Water: What is it and how to use itReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

September 3, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9263345

Thanks so much for this article.

Grey water is so underused it makes me wonder what we can be thinking.

In Japan you can buy bathroom sink/toilet set ups that use the sink water for the toilet flush, ready-made.

I set up a grey water education project in an area of Kenya when I was living with the Maasai there, as I noticed that
even in the midst of a years-long drought the wash water for clothes and dishes was just being thrown away.
We started small 'gardens' in heavy duty plastic bags for greens, tomatoes and onions, all of which are used a
lot in the Maasai diet, but the women had to travel an hour or more to the closest town to get veg that was days
old by then.

I got the backing of the local doctor and the community nurse, so that was good.

They have now started a larger garden in conjunction with the women's safe house,
which is an invaluable asset.

http://www.tribaltravel.info
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

September 3, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #9263359

I tried to post a photo of the women's safe house garden, but it wouldn't post. Tried several times, but no luck.

Will try once more.

Thumbnail by cybercrone   Thumbnail by cybercrone   Thumbnail by cybercrone   Thumbnail by cybercrone   Thumbnail by cybercrone
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Grey Water: What is it and how to use it Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks for addressing this important topic back40bean 5 Mar 11, 2013 7:35 PM
Reusing greywater as a water conservatio asfic 0 Sep 3, 2012 6:38 AM
Just a note...from experience! graceymel 1 Mar 10, 2013 10:55 AM
Simple and Timely SoooSirius 4 Oct 20, 2012 12:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America