Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Fall Weather

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Every year for the last two years the weather has changed damatically in the second week of September. I believe it was the 11th one year and the 12th the second. It looks like we are getting a cold front on the 8th this year. I hope rain comes with it.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Me too Lee, we need a good change.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Fingers crossed! Didn't get anything out of the hurricane weather. I'm overseeding my goat pastures for fall/winter forage. Waiting for rain!

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Supposed to get a cool front here, Monday & Tuesday. Mornings down to 68 FREEZING degrees!

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

61 here in San Marcos.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

My cell phone says a high of 104 today (I'm not going out; are you crazy?).

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

61 in San Marcos on Monday.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Texas- just wait, it'll change shortly, chuckl

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, almost like clockwork, the front bringing rain is supposed to hit on the 13th-14th. This seems like the only thing consistent with Texas weather.
HELLO 80'S!!!!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

And with the cool weather comes the bugs. I had a huge scorpion inside by the front door this morning.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

yup, and the field mice will be next, chuckle, setting up winter quarters

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

And lovely squirrels digging up the bulbs and planting acorns in pots

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

LOL! We just had the HVAC guy out. Like clockwork a mouse always chews through a wire and disrupts the air/heat unit! Third year in a row within one week each year. Must be our little harbinger of fall....☺

We still need rain pretty bad in this area. Hope that front brings some this way soon!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Remember to set your traps nex year, chuckl

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

Or getcha some cars !

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Cars?

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Cats? I rescured a dumped half wild cat last fall here at the shop. Trapped her, took her to the vet, feed her small amounts every day, clean water, and talk to her. So does not want to come inside or be petted but like to talk to someone. She seems to be a good mouser for the outside areas of the shop. But this seems to be an addopted behaviour of one or a group of mice. They move into the office right at the first cool overnight weather and chew up some wires.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I must be tired, cats, chuckl, good grief.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

We knew what you meant ☺!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.