Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Gardening Questions: Very small japanese maple varieties??

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening Questions
bookmark
Forum: Beginner Gardening QuestionsReplies: 0, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kyev
Henrico, VA

September 4, 2012
8:17 PM

Post #9265247

Hi,

I'm in zone 7b (hot&humid summers, mild winters in VA) and am looking for a very small japanese maple that can take some dappled shade under the canopies of two large oak trees. The area I'm looking to plant it in will get some morning sun, then dappled shade most of the day, and possibly some very late afternoon sun. It will be an accent plant as part of a foundation planting on the south-facing side of the house (so full sun when the oaks are without leaves). No preference as far as color, but preferably a variety under 4ft tall and wide. But if that's not possible could it be stuck in a pot in the ground so that it grows more bonsai like?

Thank you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Questions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cyclanthus bipartitus 'Gigant' bepah 3 Jun 11, 2010 9:05 AM
Welcome to the Beginner Gardening Questions forum! dave 53 Jun 18, 2013 4:28 PM
canna rhizomes help Allison_FL 20 Jan 16, 2013 6:55 PM
Where to locate my garden - light issues Martell 18 Apr 19, 2010 2:17 PM
Baby Oak Tree Seedtosser1 13 Jun 4, 2009 5:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America