Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Michigan Gardening: Bulb prices at Veldheer's Tulip Garden?

Communities > Forums > Michigan Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Michigan GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
WillysPerson
Cutlerville, MI

September 4, 2012
9:13 PM

Post #9265321

I am planning on planting some spring blooming bulbs this fall and was pondering where to go when I remembered Veldheers, which is only 30 minutes away from where I live. I haven't been there since I was a teen and while I remember they had a huge selection of all types of bulbs, I have no idea about price and quality.
Has anyone purchased from there recently? How are prices compared to buying locally (not online) and how is the overall quality? Is this a good time to buy or should I wait a while? I am starting from scratch so I probably won't be buying tons since I don't really know what I am doing.

ahoogstra

ahoogstra
Cutlerville, MI

September 16, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9277193

Hey WillysPerson;
I also live in Cutlerville, and I am not familiar with Veldheers. Where are they located? I would love to check them out also.
Thank you
Alicia
annabelle15
Niles, MI
(Zone 5a)

October 27, 2012
1:02 AM

Post #9316660

They are a little pricy, but the quality is great. I go each spring and drool and end up buying too much. I just got the ones I ordered this past spring, huge tulip bulbs. The ones that I have bought in the past have bloomed for the past 10 years and are still going.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Michigan Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
BUTTERFLY house notmartha 39 Mar 7, 2009 11:05 PM
MSU-BBALL notmartha 19 Sep 24, 2009 4:45 PM
Purple Moon Flower Question hairgirl5 9 Apr 11, 2011 5:42 PM
Ideas for Spring NjMcMullen 41 Sep 24, 2008 10:48 PM
the building or the GH notmartha 29 Sep 24, 2009 12:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America