Didn't even remember that it has bloomed

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

This Notocactus schlosseri bloomed today and I couldn't remember it ever blooming. Thank goodness for cameras and plant folders. It bloomed all December, January and February and now is blooming again. I purchased it in July 2011 (see pic). What a beautiful color. What is interesting is the blooms are different in the number of petals from the winter pics to the summer pics, at least it seems so. Pics two and three were taken today, pic one was taken July 2011, and pic 4 was taken February 7, 2012. Xuling

Thumbnail by xuling Thumbnail by xuling Thumbnail by xuling Thumbnail by xuling
Yardley, PA

'that is so pretty

Decatur, GA

Very pretty. I noticed the cactus has a slight yellow tinge on the edges. Is that stress from the sun? or age? In the first picture its looks greener. Would a more filtered light improve the color? I always think cactus need all the full sun they can get but I am finding out that isn't always the case.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Most of my cactus are sunburned as I have no way to filter the sunlight. Some of them happen to receive some afternoon shade by other plantings, but that was just luck. I wish that it were otherwise but can't be helped. Xuling

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images