Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cacti and Succulents: Didn't even remember that it has bloomed

Communities > Forums > Cacti and Succulents
bookmark
Forum: Cacti and SucculentsReplies: 3, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
xuling
Windsor, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 6, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #9267391

This Notocactus schlosseri bloomed today and I couldn't remember it ever blooming. Thank goodness for cameras and plant folders. It bloomed all December, January and February and now is blooming again. I purchased it in July 2011 (see pic). What a beautiful color. What is interesting is the blooms are different in the number of petals from the winter pics to the summer pics, at least it seems so. Pics two and three were taken today, pic one was taken July 2011, and pic 4 was taken February 7, 2012. Xuling

Thumbnail by xuling   Thumbnail by xuling   Thumbnail by xuling   Thumbnail by xuling
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Sally0
Yardley, PA

September 7, 2012
5:15 AM

Post #9267758

'that is so pretty
helenchild
Decatur, GA

September 7, 2012
11:24 AM

Post #9268068

Very pretty. I noticed the cactus has a slight yellow tinge on the edges. Is that stress from the sun? or age? In the first picture its looks greener. Would a more filtered light improve the color? I always think cactus need all the full sun they can get but I am finding out that isn't always the case.
xuling
Windsor, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 7, 2012
5:50 PM

Post #9268414

Most of my cactus are sunburned as I have no way to filter the sunlight. Some of them happen to receive some afternoon shade by other plantings, but that was just luck. I wish that it were otherwise but can't be helped. Xuling

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Cacti and Succulents Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jade plant - too big for pot Rosalia 20 Dec 28, 2009 10:21 PM
Cactus Receipes Crasulady2 27 Jun 15, 2007 4:59 AM
Interested in seeds for unusual cacti and succulents Lavanda 2 Jul 7, 2008 8:45 AM
Another Succulent ID please henryr10 28 Dec 10, 2009 10:59 AM
Epiphyllum Curly weeding 5 Nov 9, 2009 3:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America