Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Cacti and Succulents: What to do with the Dyckia x 'Spider Witch'?

Communities > Forums > Cacti and Succulents
bookmark
Forum: Cacti and SucculentsReplies: 1, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
xuling
Windsor, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 8, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9269404

It is getting so big that I had to move 1 plant and now possibly others. Does it stop growing or keep growing? I am afraid to touch it in order to move it as it has vicious spines on the leave edges. The first pic is today, the second was a newly purchased baby taken on 9.30.2009 and the third pic was taken on 07.04.2010. Quandry. Thanks, Xuling

Thumbnail by xuling   Thumbnail by xuling   Thumbnail by xuling
Click an image for an enlarged view.

gasrocks
Portage, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9269735

Wow on the first pix. I'll offer to help. Get out a long handled shovel and dig up the whole thing, drop it into a box and mail it to me. I can even pay postage. On a more serious note - I only have 2 Dyckias so far. The spines do scare me away a bit. I'm waiting to see how they "grow" on me. So many different varieties out there!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Cacti and Succulents Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jade plant - too big for pot Rosalia 20 Dec 28, 2009 10:21 PM
Cactus Receipes Crasulady2 27 Jun 15, 2007 4:59 AM
Interested in seeds for unusual cacti and succulents Lavanda 2 Jul 7, 2008 8:45 AM
Another Succulent ID please henryr10 28 Dec 10, 2009 10:59 AM
Epiphyllum Curly weeding 5 Nov 9, 2009 3:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America