Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Warblers at the Stream (bird cam captures)

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

It was a good weekend with the bird cam at the stream. Glad it can document for me when I am away.
Feel free to chime in with any IDs, because I have not taken the time. I know there is one chestnut sided warbler in there because it is so different looking.

these are all just in the order the camera took them.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

more…

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

and one more from the weekend.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Mostly Tennessees; there's as you got a Chestnut-sided in post 1 pic #1, and also a Nashville in post 1 pic #4 and post 2 pics #1 and #2.

Resin

Thanks Resin. I could only for sure Id the Chestnut Sided (ha, I wonder why). Saw that Nashville too. Nice white eye ring.

Local Illinois birders came up with a Wilson's in there somewhere. Don't ask me where. ha.

PERTH, Australia

Wow, Marna, the stream is looking fantastic. The birds obviously think so too.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Ditto what Margaret said. That stream does look fantastic! And that bird cam did a good job. I was wondering if they worked very well.

Thanks Margaret and Patti. I love that camera. It is not going to take any award-winning photos, but does a great job of monitoring the activity for me.

Mount Pleasant Mills, PA(Zone 5a)

Love the shots Mrs. Ed. Beautiful job with the stream.

For all you pond owners out there, that is watercress in the stream. At the beginning of the year, I buy a 4-pack at the greenhouse. The owner tells me that only me and one other woman buy it. He has it in the herb section, he needs to pot some up for the pond plants. Anyway, I harvest this (my mom uses it) and I constantly have to thin it. By this time of the year I am throwing some of it out. It grows on the pond edges but really loves the moving water.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Oh, you're already seeing warbler at the stream! I keep watch on mine, but none so far. Nice job on setting up your bird cam, your getting some nice shots with it!
I'm glad you mentioned the watercress, I will see if I can find some here, for next year.

I'm really surprised that you are not seeing them Burn. I thought you would probably have them all year long.

Here's a few more that are not all warblers. The robins have been absent, though I heard one the other day.

1- American Redstart (love that fanned tail)
2- Red-breasted Nuthatch (I never see the white-breasted nuthatch here)
3- Goldfinch and Cardinal
4- Swainson's Thrush
5- House sparrows. I put this one in there so you can just see the mania.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Wow! Lots of birds! So cool to see. Thanks for posting the extra photos.

Patti

A couple of Warblers yesterday, but none today. However didn't I just say something about the robins? Well, one made an appearance!

1- redstart and tennessee warbler
2- ?? Warbler. Doesn't look like the other Tennessees.
3- … you know the good old robin.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.