Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Flowers: Morning Glories

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 10, Views: 116
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lianmoenir
Jakarta
Indonesia

September 11, 2012
2:04 AM

Post #9271640

I have some collections of Morning Glories. I got it from my friends.
I am really happy when they are blooming. The colors are beautiful.

Thumbnail by lianmoenir   Thumbnail by lianmoenir   Thumbnail by lianmoenir   Thumbnail by lianmoenir   Thumbnail by lianmoenir
Click an image for an enlarged view.

PAgirl60
Tobyhanna, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 11, 2012
4:47 AM

Post #9271690

Very pretty. This is my second year growing Morning Glory. Last year I started too late and didn't have any flowers until October. And then it was only a few. This year I started seeds inside, planted them outside sometime in June, and now have Heavenly Blue Morning Glory blooming their pretty little heads off. :>)

Thumbnail by PAgirl60   Thumbnail by PAgirl60   Thumbnail by PAgirl60   Thumbnail by PAgirl60   

lianmoenir
Jakarta
Indonesia

September 11, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9271871

hi PAgirl60,

Your MG is very pretty too, even I don't have it like these (no.3 & 4). Do you have many seeds of Heavenly Blue?

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

September 11, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9272430

i AGREE VERY PRETTY MG's have always brought delightful times to mind.GRANPA OTT and HEAVENLYBLUE are blooming here also. also a pink one. Red ones didn't come back this year.They usually self sow.
coastalzonepush
Orlando, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 12, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9273067

your MGs are beautiful! i especially like the way the Heavenly Blue is growing in the container. the rose colored one in lianmoenir's photos looks like it would pair nicely with the blues.
PAgirl60
Tobyhanna, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 12, 2012
11:46 AM

Post #9273177

There are actually 4 MG plants and they are growing in a 2 foot wide window box style planter. They are trailing up and over two small garden trellises (from the Dollar Store) placed right in the planter. It started as an experiment that turned out really well. And the vines are easy to manage. I had also started some Scarlett O'Hara about the same time, but didn't have any luck with them.

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 13, 2012
9:32 AM

Post #9274014

lian, lovely flowers
PAgirl, how early did you start them indoors?
This was my first year with MG's and I got them in too late too, LOL.
I probably planted 50 seedlings and after the bunnies and the cool Summer weather, well I've seen five flowers.
lianmoenir
Jakarta
Indonesia

September 14, 2012
3:32 AM

Post #9274719

Here another ones of my MG from my garden

Thumbnail by lianmoenir   Thumbnail by lianmoenir   Thumbnail by lianmoenir   Thumbnail by lianmoenir   Thumbnail by lianmoenir

PAgirl60
Tobyhanna, PA
(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9275946

Domehomedee,

Here in my zone 5a I started my seeds indoors in peat pots around the end of April. I planted them outside around the end of May or very beginning of June. They really didn't start to take off until it got a lot warmer. :>)

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
8:51 PM

Post #9276332

I should be able to start a lot earlier here, maybe early March, the daffodils start blooming in March.
I started in June this year and it was definately too late. But we only had like two weeks of warm weather and that was just last month!
I think the cool weather was my real problem. They just sat there, two leaves, for months.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #9278111

Rainy & cloudy today so here's this'

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7         

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America