Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

How was your day? #359

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Come on over and chat with us, tell us what have you been doing today. Don't forget to tell us about your furbabies and post pictures.
Old thread : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1278629/
Starting with a picture of my grandson Nicholas and one of the doggies on our street, Trica.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

I'm at the office , working hard...NOT!LOL I took myself a break and I'm trying to catch up with you. It's been a hard week working first shift. We have to bet at work at 7:30, so I have to get up earlier and it seems so hard now , since the days got shorter. It's dark at 5:30 and so cold! I got up early all summer long to water the garden , but now I don't need to do that anymore. It's still warm during the day and still drought, but I can water in the evening. Last night I was craving for pancakes and I did some with chocolate and chocolate topping, yummy!

Bonnie, I'm glad your children agree with you for moving your DM to an assisted living facility in Katy. Wise words from your son! I hope the new sleeping pills will kick in. Good news for setting the date of your surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers, girlfriend!

Tam, so nice you have a friend in CA to hang with! I think the kitties might have a flea rash. The flea bite makes such a strong allergy to our pets skin which can last for 2 months. When Buck had that rash the only med which was good and healed his scratching wounds was the blue methylene. I hope they have something better for your kitties to heal faster.

BonnieB, your dinner sounds yummy. I'm also trying to stay away from sandwiches, but when I come home from the office I'm so hungry I could eat a horse... as a sandwich!LOL

Elsie, you definately will have to go to another restaurant next time! That doggie seems to have won your heart and no wonder about that, he is too cute!

Dianne, makes my heart burst with love for our little puppy too, just hearing your story! I'm so glad you got him to give you so much love and also be a "sleepping pill" for you...I think you've found the answer to your sleeping issues! And he is smart too, good boy!

Sandy, what are the pools for? How is your yard now after the guys did their job? Any picture?

Vicki, what plants did you plant on the bare spot? I also had a bare spot to plant this summer, where they installed the house sewer. I sowed marigolds and planted a few petunias there and some nasturtiums, a few MGs. They are just blooming now.

Melva, that Graham must be so cute! I have some frogs in my garden who are running away when I'm watering, go figure!LOL

Posting a few pics with the plants in the sewer flower bed.

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Good morning everyone

The holes---I have 3 new plastic pools all in line, I will have water dripping into the first one, I will drill a how in the other side and fix a tube to allow water to run into the second one and do the same for to that one, so it will run into the third. I am going to get another pool to go in that line and one more to join the first group. Plus a couple of small tubs so the water will run out into them. Also I need small holes around the rims so I can tie the pots that go onto the shelves. Some of the pots on the shelves keep falling over. I will try to get a picture later
The pools are for growing waterlilies in and to help attract wildlife to the yard

Dm and I are going off later so I need to get my rump moving.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKIE!!!

Sandy

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Sandy ! You are giving me a good excuse to celebrate longer. It is not until the 24th. You have a good time today and hope you get lots of great pictures.

Adina great start and wonderful picture.

Will comment more later I am hoping. Have tomatoes to can and then off to work early. Of course the time is flying!

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, glad I got here to wish Vicki a very happy happy birthday. Make the DH take you to a nice restaurant tonight.

It is cloudy and gloomy looking here, so I will start some work inside. The inside stuff is more important than anything I have to do outside.

Adina, thanks for the new start. Nicholas is so cute with Tricia.

Will catch up later.

Lyndonville, NY

Second day of a massive headache....eggads! Have been running like a crazy woman.

So much to do and I just want to sleep. Preliminary blood work shows "no issues" except a tad high on two of the liver functions.
BUT am told it is normal when you are over weight. Great. How do you know thats what it is from and not something else.
SO, I am to wait until NEXT week...if not feeling better call and let him know. He thinks it might be viral (for how long now?)

I will be back in a bit....need some coffee and breakfast.

Debbie

Well?? LOL!!! I get me days mixed up. Really should get really awake before I look at the dates.

Looks like the road trip is off! It is raining and looks like the stream of rain clouds is going to keep coming. Only 40% but we are right under that 40% all day
Poor Andre has only gone out to get the newspaper for me
Sandy and Andre

This is not a great picture-still raining but it will give you some idea of what I am doing with the pools.

I did get Andre outside long enough to pee.

Looks like we will try to go for a short drive-DM wants some of the bread we get up in Fernandina beach

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

I do not know if this link will work but it is funny(also a safe link)
http://www.news4jax.com/entertainment/-/475422/16586802/-/dgjjix/-/index.html

Sandy

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Well, it is supposed to rain today, tonight, tomorrow and maybe Saturday, too...we will see. I have a couple of roses that need to be moved...all the rain will help. One of them just blooms in the spring..I am hoping if it is moved now...it will have time to settle, and bloom this spring..if not, it will be 2014.
it is this one.
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=21.10246
So I am inside today...may try to clean the kitchen, we have so many things on the counters it is hard to find anything.
I bought some turkey tenderloins the other day and they were excellent! Going to have to get some more..we had them with vegetables and spaghetti without spaghetti sauce...I had never tried them before..they are big slices of turkey breast...if I had a good knife I could make my own but since I don't I just bought them that way.
Adina,not sure if cute, is a word I would use to describe, Graham...but he is pretty (at least I think so!)
The squash plants I planted a few weeks ago are blooming maybe they will have time to make some fruit. The tomatoes are blooming too..it got too hot for them...they should make some tomatoes..our first frost is November..the 15th I think. We are getting some peppers and we keep missing the okra before it gets too big to eat...
I have some roses coming in October..
this one..
http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.128.1
and this one
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.2096.1
this one..
http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.1666
I have had this one before..this is a replacement..it is a lovely rose and it smells of ginger and grapefruit! (or is it pineapple? either way, it smells great)
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.3991
This is a replacement too
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.1354
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.1278.2

Lyndonville, NY

Well, my house smells amazing. I have the tomatoes in roasting with the seasonings. Almost done and WOW, first taste test was awesome!

My house smells like an Italian diner! lol

Off to the vet to get the refill on Izzys antibiotics. Her ears are acting up and I think that is the issue. cleaned them last night and used the last
of drops I had....she slept all night. I kept anticipating her bark..so didn't. lol

Melva ya'll need the rain....and Graham is cute.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Adina, thanks for the new link. I love that picture!

Sandy, that link is just so funny!

Verona, ON

Hey everyone! I was positive I posted this morning but I must have headed off into Kingston and not come online. Every time I think I am at the end of the paperwork concerning Warren'spassing something else pops up. Today I had to go into Kingston to the bank to change over his RRSPs and I find out I cannot keep our joint bank account. I was flabbergasted they couldn't just take Warren's name off of the account and leave it be. Since I am going to need access to this account for a few days the bank decided to leave it be until Oct. 1. I don't mind taking care of the business end of things but just when I seem to feel like I am getting a grip on myself something else pops up - feels like you do when you pick at a scab ot itch a bite ..

Pups are here playing at my feet. Diesel is a bit wound up because he didn't get as many miles in on the lane today as he usually does. Quill seems to be enjoying the attention so I will just sit here and smile.

Nice start Adina.I always love your pictures.

Planning a special dinner for your birthday Vicki? Hope DH plans to take you out. I was thinking about Ty this morning when I was out with the pups. He is so lucky to have you walk him out in the 'wilds'. Diesel ran and hid behind me again today when we saw some turkeys.

Oh Tam I am so glad ypu have made a friend that you are comfortable going out with. Sounds like the 2 of you have lots in common.

Dinner sounded wonderful Bonnie as always.I have always found it interesting how a new minister comes into a settled congregation. In my parents hometown there used to be 5 active Angllican churches. The ministers were so different in manner and personality I used to ask my self if they were all Anglicans.

Melva Graham is one handsome dude.

Need to go downstairs and see what I have left in larger pieces of SG so I can donate to a silent auction for the fellow burned out of his hime on the weekend. The larger pieces usually fetch a good bit and I would be so glad to help this guy in any way I could.

My new sleeping pill - DIesel - is working out very well. I am getting about 5 hours sleep with him on the bed and so far he hasn't been a bed hog like Quill or Stormy used to be. .And as a bonus he doesn't snore!!!!

Dianne

Lyndonville, NY

Dianne, have you heard from Frank & Deb? I saw Egypt with all the fighting and didn't know what area they are in.

Sounds like a hard day...but you are doing amazing. Love the sleep time with Diesel!

Where is the picture of Graham. The links I looked at were of roses! Pretty but not a desert turtle.

Dianne, you will probably need that account for a bit longer. Now shoot, you probably have that account number memorized, and now to learn a new one,and of course, somebody makes money on ordering new checks. A racquet I tell ya, most everything is nowdays.

You make me smile when you talk about Diesel. I am sure that he is good medicine for you and a plus that he is helping you to sleep. Maybe it is because you feel safer with him beside you.

Tammy so glad that you have somebody to hang out with, but with working long hours, probably not a lot of time to do anything other than get some dinner then to get ready to go to bed and then the next day the same thing.

Debbie,doesn't that roasted tomato sauce just perfume the whole room? I had someone come to my door last year, and he started by saying "I came to see, what is that delicious smell?" He is a friend so I knew he had come to see DH but he sure was interested in the smell in my kitchen. I have used some I canned for parmesan chicken, eggplant parmesan and spaghetti. Sure hope my supply lasts all winter. Glad to hear that Izzy got some meds and that she is doing better.

Melva, DH brought in tomatoes tonight, guess they have decided to take second growth, he brought in 6 eggplant and some squash. We thought the garden was finished.

We had coyotes last night, and I let DH's rat terrier and Casper out to bark at them about 2:00 and Mr. B waited until about 4:00, so I was up and down. They know they are not to leave the yard, and that if I hear them moving away, I will call them back. Just wish that if they have to go out all of them would go at the same time.

Well our weather guys said that next week we will have temps in the high 30's at night and 60's during the day. Well, I guess it is that time of year, but I am not ready for it, even after all the darned heat this summer.

Goning to bed soon and hope to make up for the sleep I missed last night.

Verona, ON

Surelly do know what you are experiencing with the coyotes Bonnie.Quill and Diesel can't seem to co-ordinate when they want to go out and say their piece but Stormy and Quill couldn't co-ordinate themselves either. Think it is a conspiracy and they jusy lovr getting mom up..

Wish me luck - I am definitely going to bed to try and get some sleep. Sweet dreams everyone!
~~~~~~~~~
Dianne

Good morning. Well rain is predicted later today, but all is clear and cool right now. Gonna be a cold rain if it does come.

DH's nephew is here looking at our car. Think he said that he will try to get the lights working, then maybe we will need to take it in to a garage. Well at least we won't be pulled over for that infraction.

Need to go pick up DGD this afternoon and head to Lexington to see a friend that is in the hospital. Probably will eat while we are out, and there are some good places there.

Dianne, all was quiet here last night untl about 6:00 this morning. Then mr. Casper started barking wanting out.

Good morning everyone

Nice out right now but expect more rain later
Have to go see the Doctor today

Sandy and Andre

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning!

Slept good last night. Woke up thinking about planting the plants or should I clean house! Easy plant the plants!

Got the tomatoes canned and my shower. Was putting my feet up for a few minutes and Ty starts barking. My sister is popping in. HAd a 20 minute visit and then I had to get ready for work. She should of called first. She took home plenty of dog hair! LOL

Just can't think yet.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

No rain yet..but it continues to be in the forecast...it is just 68 degrees right now! 78 for the high today..now,f only it would rain!

Just finished all the church reports, and will need to copy them for other people. Whew, this is deadline day for them, why did I wait so long?

Vicki,, LOL! I hope you are recovering from your sister's visit!

Sandy, thanks for the picture of the pools. I remember you've yold us before about them. Great job!

BonnieB, I hope the doggies are OK.. They sure are brave!

Dianne, wow, sleeping 5 hours in a row! I'm so happy for you and I hope you will take the "sleeping pill" every night!LOL

(((((((((Debbie))))))))), how are you today? Is the headache gone yet? I hope they find out what's wrong with you so you can feel better soon.

I have to finish another article...deadline tomorrow! I'm working tomorrow afternoon, so no time to waste...uh!
Today Andreea came at the office with Nicholas and the jerk....he waited outside, grrrrrr...she asked for some warm clothes and I packed them for her and brought them in the car this morning. Nicholas was in one of his bad moods and didn't want to talk to anyone, including me, nor anyone to look at him. He kept on saying NO if someone asked him something or was talking to him. I was so dissapointed and decided not to pack anything for her. It's too much trouble and I'm not willing to do that anymore so she can come over to get them for a few minutes with the baby and make me more miserable that I am. Maybe it's just frustration talking and I know Nicholas is just a small child, I can live with that But seeing him doing that spoiling thing and also, ,seeing the jerk and Nicholas telling him Dad...it's too much! And she says she doesn't have anything to do with that, she educates the child very well. Anyway, at least it's good he didn't cry when he saw me!
Thanks for letting me vent and now it's time to get over with that and finish that article.
If anyone is interested I have another article published today :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3891/

Waving to Elsie, Tam, Melva, Bonnie, Lee and all you lurkers outthere! Posting a few blooms from my garden.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti
Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Just a quick post from the airport. Plane is late but we board soon I think

I was just amazed at how many plants my friend has!!!!

Will chat more tomorrow

Tam

Lyndonville, NY

Tam, massive storm coming through ...big line so hope you don't hit any bumpy patches coming through PA. Travels safe!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

It is 63 degrees and raining..a nice, soft rain (the best kind) I am going outside to spread some alfalfa pellets (they feed the roses) a lot of them will be blooming in a couple of weeks..10 are blooming now.

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Verona, ON

Safe travels Tam ! Can't wait to hear about your friend's flowers and plants.

(((Adina)))

Sitting here waiting for the storm to hit. I can actually see it moving in from the west. Just started a sparerib chili for a potluck tomorrow night - never made a chili that way before so it should be interesting.

By the looks of the sky I had better shut down for awhile. Stay safe everyone.
Dianne

Lyndonville, NY

Dianne the line is just hitting here....and temps dropped about 15 degrees so far. Saw it coming through neighbors back field.....and its going to be a rough one. Wind is just starting to pick up.

Got a phone call about noon, and we have been gone all afternoon. DH's brother, the one I usually called DBotherIL was killed in an auto accident this morning. We have been with family all day. They are all taking it so hard. So I will probably be gone for a few days.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{BonnieB and Family}}}}}}}}}}}

Sandy

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

BonnieB, how tragic. I am sending you and your family my prayers. (((HUGS)))

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

BonnieB - My condolences to your DH & his family.

I'm hope.
Tam

Lyndonville, NY

Oh BonnieB, I am so very sorry. Thoughts and prayers with your family at this time.

Debbie

The information we have so far, and not confirmed at all, a young 30ish woman texting while driving. The officer at the scene said that DBIL's truck looked like he was trying to almost execute a right hand turn into the ditch to avoid the oncoming truck. She was flown to the only trauma center in Ky in critical condition, so this may end up being a double fatality for someone's wish to say a few words to family or friends. What a loss to lots of people, and all avoidable.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

My prayers are with your family....

BonnieB, what a tragedy! Sending hugs and prayers to you and the family.

Morning everyone

BonnieB Sending Hugs and prays to your family

Sandy and Andre

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Good Morning!

We are considering keeping the chickens in the barn so that they don't dig out the newly planted grass seed. I'll take pictures today - the new wall & stairs are in and they look nice.

Gotta have a cuppa coffee. BBL
Tam

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

BonnieB my condolences to you and Wayne and the rest of the family! What a terrible thing that could of been avoided. Sending thoughts and prayers for all today and the coming days.

Little more alert today. Can at least think but I think it was BonnieB's news.

Got some plants dug up and some planted and gave away 3. So that project is started.

HAve to go and make breakfast and clean up the kitchen a bit. Then head outdoors. Also gotta spend a bit of time with DH as he is heading up north to hunt and cut wood. It's that time of year again.

Lyndonville, NY

Whats for breakfast Vicki.....should I head over?

Be back...not awake yet and took the new med last night so I am in a stupor (more than usual).

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.