Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pets: How was your day? #359

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 198, Views: 1,505
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 12, 2012
11:51 PM

Post #9273722

Come on over and chat with us, tell us what have you been doing today. Don't forget to tell us about your furbabies and post pictures.
Old thread : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1278629/
Starting with a picture of my grandson Nicholas and one of the doggies on our street, Trica.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Click the image for an enlarged view.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 13, 2012
1:43 AM

Post #9273735

I'm at the office , working hard...NOT!LOL I took myself a break and I'm trying to catch up with you. It's been a hard week working first shift. We have to bet at work at 7:30, so I have to get up earlier and it seems so hard now , since the days got shorter. It's dark at 5:30 and so cold! I got up early all summer long to water the garden , but now I don't need to do that anymore. It's still warm during the day and still drought, but I can water in the evening. Last night I was craving for pancakes and I did some with chocolate and chocolate topping, yummy!

Bonnie, I'm glad your children agree with you for moving your DM to an assisted living facility in Katy. Wise words from your son! I hope the new sleeping pills will kick in. Good news for setting the date of your surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers, girlfriend!

Tam, so nice you have a friend in CA to hang with! I think the kitties might have a flea rash. The flea bite makes such a strong allergy to our pets skin which can last for 2 months. When Buck had that rash the only med which was good and healed his scratching wounds was the blue methylene. I hope they have something better for your kitties to heal faster.

BonnieB, your dinner sounds yummy. I'm also trying to stay away from sandwiches, but when I come home from the office I'm so hungry I could eat a horse... as a sandwich!LOL

Elsie, you definately will have to go to another restaurant next time! That doggie seems to have won your heart and no wonder about that, he is too cute!

Dianne, makes my heart burst with love for our little puppy too, just hearing your story! I'm so glad you got him to give you so much love and also be a "sleepping pill" for you...I think you've found the answer to your sleeping issues! And he is smart too, good boy!

Sandy, what are the pools for? How is your yard now after the guys did their job? Any picture?

Vicki, what plants did you plant on the bare spot? I also had a bare spot to plant this summer, where they installed the house sewer. I sowed marigolds and planted a few petunias there and some nasturtiums, a few MGs. They are just blooming now.

Melva, that Graham must be so cute! I have some frogs in my garden who are running away when I'm watering, go figure!LOL

Posting a few pics with the plants in the sewer flower bed.

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9273792

Good morning everyone

The holes---I have 3 new plastic pools all in line, I will have water dripping into the first one, I will drill a how in the other side and fix a tube to allow water to run into the second one and do the same for to that one, so it will run into the third. I am going to get another pool to go in that line and one more to join the first group. Plus a couple of small tubs so the water will run out into them. Also I need small holes around the rims so I can tie the pots that go onto the shelves. Some of the pots on the shelves keep falling over. I will try to get a picture later
The pools are for growing waterlilies in and to help attract wildlife to the yard

Dm and I are going off later so I need to get my rump moving.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2012
4:46 AM

Post #9273793

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKIE!!!

Sandy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 13, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9273846

Thanks Sandy ! You are giving me a good excuse to celebrate longer. It is not until the 24th. You have a good time today and hope you get lots of great pictures.

Adina great start and wonderful picture.

Will comment more later I am hoping. Have tomatoes to can and then off to work early. Of course the time is flying!

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 13, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9273849

Oh, glad I got here to wish Vicki a very happy happy birthday. Make the DH take you to a nice restaurant tonight.

It is cloudy and gloomy looking here, so I will start some work inside. The inside stuff is more important than anything I have to do outside.

Adina, thanks for the new start. Nicholas is so cute with Tricia.

Will catch up later.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 13, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9273854

Second day of a massive headache...eggads! Have been running like a crazy woman.

So much to do and I just want to sleep. Preliminary blood work shows "no issues" except a tad high on two of the liver functions.
BUT am told it is normal when you are over weight. Great. How do you know thats what it is from and not something else.
SO, I am to wait until NEXT week...if not feeling better call and let him know. He thinks it might be viral (for how long now?)

I will be back in a bit...need some coffee and breakfast.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #9273865

Well?? LOL!!! I get me days mixed up. Really should get really awake before I look at the dates.

Looks like the road trip is off! It is raining and looks like the stream of rain clouds is going to keep coming. Only 40% but we are right under that 40% all day
Poor Andre has only gone out to get the newspaper for me
Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9273871

This is not a great picture-still raining but it will give you some idea of what I am doing with the pools.

I did get Andre outside long enough to pee.

Looks like we will try to go for a short drive-DM wants some of the bread we get up in Fernandina beach

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 13, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #9273880

I do not know if this link will work but it is funny(also a safe link)
http://www.news4jax.com/entertainment/-/475422/16586802/-/dgjjix/-/index.html

Sandy
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2012
11:20 AM

Post #9274105

Well, it is supposed to rain today, tonight, tomorrow and maybe Saturday, too...we will see. I have a couple of roses that need to be moved...all the rain will help. One of them just blooms in the spring..I am hoping if it is moved now...it will have time to settle, and bloom this spring..if not, it will be 2014.
it is this one.
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=21.10246
So I am inside today...may try to clean the kitchen, we have so many things on the counters it is hard to find anything.
I bought some turkey tenderloins the other day and they were excellent! Going to have to get some more..we had them with vegetables and spaghetti without spaghetti sauce...I had never tried them before..they are big slices of turkey breast...if I had a good knife I could make my own but since I don't I just bought them that way.
Adina,not sure if cute, is a word I would use to describe, Graham...but he is pretty (at least I think so!)
The squash plants I planted a few weeks ago are blooming maybe they will have time to make some fruit. The tomatoes are blooming too..it got too hot for them...they should make some tomatoes..our first frost is November..the 15th I think. We are getting some peppers and we keep missing the okra before it gets too big to eat...
I have some roses coming in October..
this one..
http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.128.1
and this one
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.2096.1
this one..
http://www.helpmefind.com/gardening/l.php?l=2.1666
I have had this one before..this is a replacement..it is a lovely rose and it smells of ginger and grapefruit! (or is it pineapple? either way, it smells great)
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.3991
This is a replacement too
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.1354
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.1278.2

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 13, 2012
11:41 AM

Post #9274114

Well, my house smells amazing. I have the tomatoes in roasting with the seasonings. Almost done and WOW, first taste test was awesome!

My house smells like an Italian diner! lol

Off to the vet to get the refill on Izzys antibiotics. Her ears are acting up and I think that is the issue. cleaned them last night and used the last
of drops I had...she slept all night. I kept anticipating her bark..so didn't. lol

Melva ya'll need the rain...and Graham is cute.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 13, 2012
5:27 PM

Post #9274405

Adina, thanks for the new link. I love that picture!

Sandy, that link is just so funny!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

September 13, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9274447

Hey everyone! I was positive I posted this morning but I must have headed off into Kingston and not come online. Every time I think I am at the end of the paperwork concerning Warren'spassing something else pops up. Today I had to go into Kingston to the bank to change over his RRSPs and I find out I cannot keep our joint bank account. I was flabbergasted they couldn't just take Warren's name off of the account and leave it be. Since I am going to need access to this account for a few days the bank decided to leave it be until Oct. 1. I don't mind taking care of the business end of things but just when I seem to feel like I am getting a grip on myself something else pops up - feels like you do when you pick at a scab ot itch a bite ..

Pups are here playing at my feet. Diesel is a bit wound up because he didn't get as many miles in on the lane today as he usually does. Quill seems to be enjoying the attention so I will just sit here and smile.

Nice start Adina.I always love your pictures.

Planning a special dinner for your birthday Vicki? Hope DH plans to take you out. I was thinking about Ty this morning when I was out with the pups. He is so lucky to have you walk him out in the 'wilds'. Diesel ran and hid behind me again today when we saw some turkeys.

Oh Tam I am so glad ypu have made a friend that you are comfortable going out with. Sounds like the 2 of you have lots in common.

Dinner sounded wonderful Bonnie as always.I have always found it interesting how a new minister comes into a settled congregation. In my parents hometown there used to be 5 active Angllican churches. The ministers were so different in manner and personality I used to ask my self if they were all Anglicans.

Melva Graham is one handsome dude.

Need to go downstairs and see what I have left in larger pieces of SG so I can donate to a silent auction for the fellow burned out of his hime on the weekend. The larger pieces usually fetch a good bit and I would be so glad to help this guy in any way I could.

My new sleeping pill - DIesel - is working out very well. I am getting about 5 hours sleep with him on the bed and so far he hasn't been a bed hog like Quill or Stormy used to be. .And as a bonus he doesn't snore!!!!

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 13, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #9274458

Dianne, have you heard from Frank & Deb? I saw Egypt with all the fighting and didn't know what area they are in.

Sounds like a hard day...but you are doing amazing. Love the sleep time with Diesel!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 13, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9274474

Where is the picture of Graham. The links I looked at were of roses! Pretty but not a desert turtle.

Dianne, you will probably need that account for a bit longer. Now shoot, you probably have that account number memorized, and now to learn a new one,and of course, somebody makes money on ordering new checks. A racquet I tell ya, most everything is nowdays.

You make me smile when you talk about Diesel. I am sure that he is good medicine for you and a plus that he is helping you to sleep. Maybe it is because you feel safer with him beside you.

Tammy so glad that you have somebody to hang out with, but with working long hours, probably not a lot of time to do anything other than get some dinner then to get ready to go to bed and then the next day the same thing.

Debbie,doesn't that roasted tomato sauce just perfume the whole room? I had someone come to my door last year, and he started by saying "I came to see, what is that delicious smell?" He is a friend so I knew he had come to see DH but he sure was interested in the smell in my kitchen. I have used some I canned for parmesan chicken, eggplant parmesan and spaghetti. Sure hope my supply lasts all winter. Glad to hear that Izzy got some meds and that she is doing better.

Melva, DH brought in tomatoes tonight, guess they have decided to take second growth, he brought in 6 eggplant and some squash. We thought the garden was finished.

We had coyotes last night, and I let DH's rat terrier and Casper out to bark at them about 2:00 and Mr. B waited until about 4:00, so I was up and down. They know they are not to leave the yard, and that if I hear them moving away, I will call them back. Just wish that if they have to go out all of them would go at the same time.

Well our weather guys said that next week we will have temps in the high 30's at night and 60's during the day. Well, I guess it is that time of year, but I am not ready for it, even after all the darned heat this summer.

Goning to bed soon and hope to make up for the sleep I missed last night.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

September 14, 2012
12:23 AM

Post #9274683

Surelly do know what you are experiencing with the coyotes Bonnie.Quill and Diesel can't seem to co-ordinate when they want to go out and say their piece but Stormy and Quill couldn't co-ordinate themselves either. Think it is a conspiracy and they jusy lovr getting mom up..

Wish me luck - I am definitely going to bed to try and get some sleep. Sweet dreams everyone!
~~~~~~~~~
Dianne
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9274779

Good morning. Well rain is predicted later today, but all is clear and cool right now. Gonna be a cold rain if it does come.

DH's nephew is here looking at our car. Think he said that he will try to get the lights working, then maybe we will need to take it in to a garage. Well at least we won't be pulled over for that infraction.

Need to go pick up DGD this afternoon and head to Lexington to see a friend that is in the hospital. Probably will eat while we are out, and there are some good places there.

Dianne, all was quiet here last night untl about 6:00 this morning. Then mr. Casper started barking wanting out.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 14, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #9274790

Good morning everyone

Nice out right now but expect more rain later
Have to go see the Doctor today

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 14, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #9274791

Morning!

Slept good last night. Woke up thinking about planting the plants or should I clean house! Easy plant the plants!

Got the tomatoes canned and my shower. Was putting my feet up for a few minutes and Ty starts barking. My sister is popping in. HAd a 20 minute visit and then I had to get ready for work. She should of called first. She took home plenty of dog hair! LOL

Just can't think yet.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #9274916

No rain yet..but it continues to be in the forecast...it is just 68 degrees right now! 78 for the high today..now,f only it would rain!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2012
8:19 AM

Post #9274943

Just finished all the church reports, and will need to copy them for other people. Whew, this is deadline day for them, why did I wait so long?

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 14, 2012
9:06 AM

Post #9274985

Vicki,, LOL! I hope you are recovering from your sister's visit!

Sandy, thanks for the picture of the pools. I remember you've yold us before about them. Great job!

BonnieB, I hope the doggies are OK.. They sure are brave!

Dianne, wow, sleeping 5 hours in a row! I'm so happy for you and I hope you will take the "sleeping pill" every night!LOL

(((((((((Debbie))))))))), how are you today? Is the headache gone yet? I hope they find out what's wrong with you so you can feel better soon.

I have to finish another article...deadline tomorrow! I'm working tomorrow afternoon, so no time to waste...uh!
Today Andreea came at the office with Nicholas and the jerk...he waited outside, grrrrrr...she asked for some warm clothes and I packed them for her and brought them in the car this morning. Nicholas was in one of his bad moods and didn't want to talk to anyone, including me, nor anyone to look at him. He kept on saying NO if someone asked him something or was talking to him. I was so dissapointed and decided not to pack anything for her. It's too much trouble and I'm not willing to do that anymore so she can come over to get them for a few minutes with the baby and make me more miserable that I am. Maybe it's just frustration talking and I know Nicholas is just a small child, I can live with that But seeing him doing that spoiling thing and also, ,seeing the jerk and Nicholas telling him Dad...it's too much! And she says she doesn't have anything to do with that, she educates the child very well. Anyway, at least it's good he didn't cry when he saw me!
Thanks for letting me vent and now it's time to get over with that and finish that article.
If anyone is interested I have another article published today :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3891/

Waving to Elsie, Tam, Melva, Bonnie, Lee and all you lurkers outthere! Posting a few blooms from my garden.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 14, 2012
10:59 AM

Post #9275097

Just a quick post from the airport. Plane is late but we board soon I think

I was just amazed at how many plants my friend has!!!!

Will chat more tomorrow

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 14, 2012
11:11 AM

Post #9275111

Tam, massive storm coming through ...big line so hope you don't hit any bumpy patches coming through PA. Travels safe!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9275165

It is 63 degrees and raining..a nice, soft rain (the best kind) I am going outside to spread some alfalfa pellets (they feed the roses) a lot of them will be blooming in a couple of weeks..10 are blooming now.

Thumbnail by melvatoo

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

September 14, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9275172

Safe travels Tam ! Can't wait to hear about your friend's flowers and plants.

(((Adina)))

Sitting here waiting for the storm to hit. I can actually see it moving in from the west. Just started a sparerib chili for a potluck tomorrow night - never made a chili that way before so it should be interesting.

By the looks of the sky I had better shut down for awhile. Stay safe everyone.
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 14, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #9275180

Dianne the line is just hitting here...and temps dropped about 15 degrees so far. Saw it coming through neighbors back field...and its going to be a rough one. Wind is just starting to pick up.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9275482

Got a phone call about noon, and we have been gone all afternoon. DH's brother, the one I usually called DBotherIL was killed in an auto accident this morning. We have been with family all day. They are all taking it so hard. So I will probably be gone for a few days.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 14, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9275507

{{{{{{{{{{{{{BonnieB and Family}}}}}}}}}}}

Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9275522

BonnieB, how tragic. I am sending you and your family my prayers. (((HUGS)))

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 14, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9275545

BonnieB - My condolences to your DH & his family.

I'm hope.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 14, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #9275572

Oh BonnieB, I am so very sorry. Thoughts and prayers with your family at this time.

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9275577

The information we have so far, and not confirmed at all, a young 30ish woman texting while driving. The officer at the scene said that DBIL's truck looked like he was trying to almost execute a right hand turn into the ditch to avoid the oncoming truck. She was flown to the only trauma center in Ky in critical condition, so this may end up being a double fatality for someone's wish to say a few words to family or friends. What a loss to lots of people, and all avoidable.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2012
8:44 PM

Post #9275625

My prayers are with your family...

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 15, 2012
12:41 AM

Post #9275695

BonnieB, what a tragedy! Sending hugs and prayers to you and the family.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 15, 2012
4:34 AM

Post #9275740

Morning everyone

BonnieB Sending Hugs and prays to your family

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 15, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9275759

Good Morning!

We are considering keeping the chickens in the barn so that they don't dig out the newly planted grass seed. I'll take pictures today - the new wall & stairs are in and they look nice.

Gotta have a cuppa coffee. BBL
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 15, 2012
5:41 AM

Post #9275769

BonnieB my condolences to you and Wayne and the rest of the family! What a terrible thing that could of been avoided. Sending thoughts and prayers for all today and the coming days.

Little more alert today. Can at least think but I think it was BonnieB's news.

Got some plants dug up and some planted and gave away 3. So that project is started.

HAve to go and make breakfast and clean up the kitchen a bit. Then head outdoors. Also gotta spend a bit of time with DH as he is heading up north to hunt and cut wood. It's that time of year again.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 15, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9275777

Whats for breakfast Vicki...should I head over?

Be back...not awake yet and took the new med last night so I am in a stupor (more than usual).

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 15, 2012
5:50 AM

Post #9275781

Cut up hotdogs scrambled eggs and cheese! Anybody else?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 15, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9275807

Thanks vicki, but I had my very healthy cereal just awhile ago.

DH has gone to be with the 2 adult girls of his DB. They are making plans and talking about funeral arrangements before they get to the funeral home. So many people, who have sometimes differing ideas, and a bit of negotiating is having to be done.

Thanks for all the condolences, and I have passed them along to DH and he so appreciates you care and concerning of me and my family.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 15, 2012
6:59 AM

Post #9275814

BonnieB I figure I can't eat healthy all the time or most of it.

DH left and I will be heading outside soon. Even got some of the kitchen cleaned up.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 15, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #9275861

Got a bunch planted and have 7 more to go. Then have to dig some more up or plant others that are in pots! Well drink break is over.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 15, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #9275875

I am melting!!!!
Get the water flowing into the pools(that was fun--NOT), have the top pool full and some of the plants moved into it. I am going to let the rest fill their selves for now. I think I did to much.
Plan for tomorrow is to start cleaning out the large pool, may take a couple of days to get it clean enough and the water back in. Then I will move the plants and fish out of the second pool and clean it and repeat for the third.

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 15, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9275884

Sandy that is a lot of work! But worth it I hope!

Ty and I went for our walk. Just a beautiful day out there.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 15, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #9275892

yes it will. I am going to add at least 2 more pools to the others later. Which means more waterlilies and water plants!!!!!

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 15, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #9275909

BonnieB, I hope things go smoothly for DH and his DB's family.

I just went out to run a few errands. Sure feels like fall here. I love it! We have rain in the forecast so I'm sure it will get colder.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 15, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9275927

Loretta - I agree! I ran some errands and sure did enjoy the cool weather!

Sandy - sounds really exciting! Makes me want to do something similar here.

Vicki - sounds like we're all enjoying a taste of fall! I bet Ty especially enjoys the coolness!

Debbie - do you think the medication helped, after you woke up properly?

BonnieB - I hope the planning doesn't cause any strife in the family!

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 15, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #9275941

Here are some pictures of what I have done so far. I will be rearranging the plants after I get the older pools cleaned up
I have not put the pools into the ground because of a big hairy brat who would be in them if I did

sandy and the big hairy brat

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107      

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

September 15, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9275942

Bonnie my sincerest sympathy to Wayne and his DB's family. I am so glad that they have each other to lean on during this time.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 15, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9275947

The tables have turned - HAHA!! I got cold last night and I pulled the blanket up to my chin. I woke up this morning with a cat lying next to me. Was she put out. My blanket fell on the floor and I unfolded her and she had not blankie last night. he he he

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9276220

Havent been in the mood to read or post lately... but...

{{{ bonnie b }}}}} oh I am so sorry. send condolences to DH

I almost think this "technology" has been very bad for our society. so many accidents from texting.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 15, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9276245

My deepest sympathy to your husband and the family, BonnieB. What a terrible tragedy.

I have to admit to not reading anything for the past two days. My body was one big, horrendous ache for about three days. I mean waaaay above and beyond normal. Places that never hurt before, hurt. I had no idea what was going on. Then yesterday around 4:30, the sky turned black and the heavens opened. We had a thunderstorm to end all thunderstorms. I noticed around 8:00 that I was almost pain free. DUH!! My body must have been reacting to the front that was on its way. Same thing today. Started out achy. Big rain this evening - feeling better already.

Sandy I did see the pics of your pool gardens. Nice.

Vic that hot dog omelet sounds like a winner to me. Not an everyday item,, but an good an gooey treat now and then.

Shame on Elsie taking Chloe's blanket last night.

Falling asleep again.

Goodnight.

Bonnie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 15, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9276261

Have been away all day, and have answered telephones all day long. Yesterday it was calls to confirm the accident, today it was calls asking about arrangements. Non stop. DH turned both phones off for about 45 minutes this afternoon, so that he could get the yard mowed, and I took a little nap. When we turned the phones back on 12 calls between the 2 of them to return.

The family made arrangements at the funeral home today, and with as many friends as he had, there will be 2 nights visitation, with the funeral on Thursday. Gonna be a long week, so keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

BTW, we heard that the other driver died this morning, of internal injuries.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2012
9:02 PM

Post #9276339

OH BonnieB... what a tragedy !!

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

Bonnie.. yanno, when i was 14 I cut my hand pretty bad, and when ever there is a "front" coming in, it aches like no tomorrow... I could not even image your pain with that storm coming.

hugs all the way around...

uggg, i gotta go to bed.. hafta work tomorrow, DH is going home to drop off the furkids, as we have a 3 day trip this week to La Crosse WI.

this evening, i've been enjoying a nice bottle of wine. really hit the spot.

G' nite ladies...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 16, 2012
4:46 AM

Post #9276432

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 16, 2012
10:27 AM

Post #9276663

Good morning! It's evening here and I was only sorting through my pictures for the Fairy contest here on DG. I've finished te article too, so now it's time to cook. I'm making a beans sour soup with sour cream, yummy! Mashed potatoes and pork schnitzel. Beans are from my garden and I also picked up a few more tomatoes, sweet peppers and kapia peppers, also hot peppers and a few okra. I spent a few hours arranging the veggies to take pictures!LOL

Sandy, great job with the pools! Thanks for the pics.

Bonnie, what a relief that you are feeling better and it was only because of the weather! Hooray for the rain! How are your plants doing? Is teh lemon tree recovering?

BonnieB, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Give my condoleances to your DH and the family.

Terese, wine sounds good to me too!

Vicki, are you finished yet with the plants? Do you have more veggies for canning?

Tam, waiting for the pics with the stairs. Good plan with the chickies!

Debbie, feeling better? How is Izzy?

Waving to all I missed! Time to start cooking. Posting a picture with the vegetables I picked up today.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #9276914

Adina what a pretty picture those veggies make. I am sure they will appeal to many people who didn't have such a good garden this year.

Had a good church service this morning, with one person moving their membership to our church, and another wanting to schedule her joining the church on the 29th.

Bonnie so glad that you are feeling better, and hallejuh that it was only the weather making you ache so bad. My arthritic joints are hurting today, and that usually signals a change in the weather. I know they are saying that next week we will need heat for the overnight and early morning hours.

Sandy, thanks for the pictures explaining you plan and how they are arranged.

Debbie, how are you feeling? Well, maybe Izzy is well enough to now nurse you back to health!

Dianne, I am thankful that Diesel has been a sleeping pill for you. I am hopeful that as he grows he will be much more than that.

Terese, sure hope that you have a good week and that the work goes quickly. Any mention of the "camp bd of directors issue"?

Elsie, oh my dare I mention it? Tomorrow is Monday, but if you look at it as just the first opportunity to see Teddy, then it will sound much nicer.

Tammy, glad to hear that the work on your house/greenhouse went well. I guess we need to see pictures. Pretty please. Good about the chickens keeping off the area where grass was sown, else they would have gotten fat on that grain feeding.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9277061

BonnieB, I hope things are going okay for DH and his family. I wish Teddy was going to be at work tomorrow. But his owner isn't coming in.

Tammy, haven't heard much from you. How are kitties and chickies?

Bonnie, i have an ankle that likes to tell me about the weather. I hope the weather changes to keep you feeling well.

Vicki, I bet with the cooler weather you and Ty like your walks better. How is work going?

Adina, that is a lovely photo!!

Debbie, how are things going in your neck of the woods?

Dianne, did you enjoy yourself at the potluck?

My parents are giving me a recliner they don't want. I have been cleaning in places I don't normally see. Dangerous dust bunnies.

I got a nice fluffy blankie out for Chloe last night - she is one happy cat. I crawled into bed this afternoon and had a short nap. It was right about the time Chloe has dinner. she was dancing and singing, but then she had a little nap with me.

I think the mice have come back with the cooler weather.Chloe has been running back and forth looking at the heat registers.

Other than my bangs I really like my new $4.99 haircut. yippee!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 16, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9277114

Well... I had to erase good "morning" and sustitute Good Aftermoon!

BonnieB - wise of your DH to turn off the phones for a bit to let you both catch up.

Loretta - I think Chloe is plotting her revenge for tonight. hehehe

Terese - good to see you. I was having a nice bottle of beer w/you last night

Bonnie - you just can't catch a break w/the paint! Are your legs doing better at least?

I had an epiphany on the kitchen design while in Ca and captured it in my CAD program. I think its a winner.

This has been sitting all day! I'll just hit send and see what happened with you guys!
Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 16, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #9277169

Here's a collage of the photos from different angles of the new steps. There will be a hand rail on the upper portion.
Pixel was helping DH inspect the work today.

We had dinner from the garden. I roasted some cherry & one beefsteak tomatoes & saute'd some onion, a couple peppers & a big handful of kale, put them together, added a little heavy cream & some small amounts of feta & mozzerella cheese and than the whole thing with whole wheat pasta. Was really good & amazingly sweet. For dessert I made a peach cobbler. The peaches weren't so good but the cobbler was delicious!

I did a lot of weeding and picked a lot from the garden. I think we're not going to have any squash or sweet potatoes for the food bank. (I wonder if we'll have enough sweet potatoes for a month for ourselves - something is eating them.)

Loretta - I'm glad Chloe got a nice fluffy blanket & that you fit in a nap. Sounds like a good day all around.

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy         

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9277223

Tammy that looks so nice. Sure hope that solves the drainage problem and it is there for many years.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 17, 2012
4:27 AM

Post #9277465

Good morning everyone
Every time I went outside yesterday it started to rain, hoping I can at least finish cleaning out the large pool today.
Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9277530

Good morning, it is cloudy here today, with a chance of showers this afternoon. Still mild and temperature wise should be a good day.

I am consumed with cleaning today, as I just found out that our house has been chosen for an overnight stay for the people coming from Puerto Rico, on Wednesday.

Hope you all have a great day.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 17, 2012
7:44 AM

Post #9277645

It is only 79 here but the humidity makes it feel like 95. I have done
my outside chores and now am going to site on my rump for a bit.

sandy and andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 17, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9277739

Good Morning! (barely)

BonnieB - you sure do fill your time to the brim!

I got my hair cut and got some broccoli & garlic to plant. I know its late for the broccoli but I figured why not give it a try!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9277756

Tammy if we have an extended fall, it will probably do really well. Other crops are turnips and all kinds of greens. Sorry to hear about your sweet potatoes, we have more than enough. Come on down and I will give you some!

Have gotten all the house cleaned but the kitchen and what I call the second guest room, more appropriately known as my catch all room. If I don't know what to do with something, it goes there to be dealt with at a later date!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2012
1:09 PM

Post #9277924

Tammy, I love the pictures. Nice day for the inspectors.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 17, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #9278125

Tomorrow I have to go down to the Dental College-keep your fingers crossed-we are going to have the fitting for the dental bridge frames. If they do not fit I am going to throw a fit.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #9278175

Good luck tomorrow Sandy.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 17, 2012
6:09 PM

Post #9278253

Sandy - I have my fingers and toes crossed everything fits beautifully!

Closing up for the night.

I'm gonna be really busy for a few days - not sure how much time I'll have to post. So no worries if you don't see me. :-)

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 17, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9278289

Tammy, hope that you have some time for something just for you! Take care.

Sandy, I will be keeping you in my thoughts tomorrow, Hope that you get a good fit and don't have to go through much more dental work.

Elsie, oh, sorry about Teddy not being at work today. Those inspections just can't be done by any old cat you know. Has Chloe settled down? Bet the mice will be trying to move in shortly.

Can you all believe that I got all of the house cleaned today? Even that dreaded catch all room. I just have to vacuum that one room tomorrow and it is good. Now if we could just move out and live somewhere else, it would stay clean and orderly!

Visitation for DH's DB is tomorrow and Wednesday, so need to get everything done and some food in the house tomorrow.

Missing a few people today. Hope it is just busy and not sickness keeping you away!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 18, 2012
1:40 AM

Post #9278525

Good morning everyone, just a quick stop in to say hi and I am out the door
Back later

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 18, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9278586

Good morning, it is still cloudy and overcast, but not raining this morning. Have lots to do today so need to get cracking. Will be back later.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9278603

Good Morning...

Sandy - good luck at the dental college today.

quite cool and sunny here... have not been out yet, but weather[dot]com is stating 36f, and colder expected tomorrow. Today should be upper 50's i think. but warming as the week going on.

We [about 8 of us] are heading to LaCrosse WI tomorrow -- just to get away for a few days and something about a River Queen paddleboat.

as for the "drama" -- I did write a long email to the Mgr and stated that if they create a rule to try to get DH off the Board, that they will be forcing me to resign. He never really responded... but yesterday morning he came in and said... what was that last email about? ... and i said which one?

Now - I would not say the Mgr [Brad] is my boss... more like a superior or supervisor, as he just over sees the office. The Pres is technically my boss, though Brad calls all the shots where the office is concerned. And he and I do have a very good working relationship ... he does know that I get things done before he even know he needs it done.

Yesterday - I even closed the window and the door in the office -- I hope I wasn't yelling, but i was quite loud - as i did get a look or two thru the window. I wont bore of the details... but i was spitting nails mad and he knew it... he basically asked me to 'let it roll off' and please don't quit. I think he thought I was ready to walk... but I still have to pay for this Alaska trip... ;-)

Just talked to DH, he'll be leaving soon and here before noon. I have to go get a trim, the Beauty School does not take appointments today, so i'll run to Clip-whatever at Walmart this morning... i just need a halfa inch cut off.

Uggg. need more coffee...

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 18, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9278707

Morning! Was just cranky and feeling antisocial yesterday. Mood seems a bit better today. Maybe because I can get outside and plant and dig up flowers all day!

Tam those pictures are wonderful. At first I thought the landing was bigger until I saw the picture of DH and Kitty there. Hope your busy is not work related.

I don't remember what all I have read so will just answer what has been asked that I remember. I want and need to get outside soon.

I am planting Iris,daylilies, echinacia, yarrow ,peonies, sedum, and who knows what else will end up in the new flower areas.

Work is going good. Lots of changes. Shelf Resets. HAlloween is up and selling. Xmas is coming in and we are making room for that. The one girl is still a ditz. Plus still working one short. She will be doing interviews this week,

HAve one last bucket of tomatoes too can when they ripen enough. One last picking of beans. MAybe enough for a meal. Plenty of cukes out there yet. So the vegies are just about done.

Better get off here and get Ty fed and myself and head outdoors.

BonnieB with you today sending strength.

Sandy hope all goes great today and you are home at a good time.

Will check in later when I need a break.

Also cranky because for some reason I can't download pictures!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 18, 2012
12:02 PM

Post #9279025

I am home, just get up from taking a nap.
It is raining so I did not get to go take pictures.
Today was more prep for my bridges and some new impressions-thankfully
I was not the one who had problems and do to a mix up of the mounting for my last
impressions it was later in the morning for the new impressions.
It seems that the schools was told to use a different impression material. and
the poor lady in the next chair was the victim. The tray get stuck on to her teeth
and it had to be cut apart to get it out.

Waving at everyone

sandy and andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 18, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9279044

I forget to add that they did not use the new material for my impressions. LOL

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 18, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9279184

Hi folks!

I ran into a few friends today. :-) We're waiting for Bonnie to catch some crabs off the back of this lovely Charleston SC house.

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 18, 2012
2:58 PM

Post #9279190

Oh you brats! LOL I'm going back outside and then we will see what other surprises there are!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 18, 2012
3:45 PM

Post #9279232

hehehehehe.
we all met today at the Charleston airport within 90 minutes of each other. Loretta and I had rides that picked us up at 4:30 AM - yikes!

Right now Tammy is putting some beef kabobs on the barbie. I am making a cheese risotto, We have two flavors if ce cream for dessers and two bottles wine.

This is a beautiful house with 5 bedrooms and three baths complete with crab traps, I am going crabbing.

Gotta go cook now.

Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly         

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 18, 2012
3:56 PM

Post #9279240

Have fun y'all

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 18, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9279438

I am jealous, gonna pout awhile.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 18, 2012
7:50 PM

Post #9279492

As I have been up sense 4am I am going to call it a day. And maybe dream about eating crabs. LOL

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2012
8:02 PM

Post #9279517

Does no good to pout...I made the best dinner...the grocery store here has a mix of vegetables they call stir fry..it has onions, broccoli, peppers, squash, mushrooms, bok choy, and peas and I added some cooked shrimp and also had some rice...I marinated the shrimp in some caribbean jerk marinade...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 18, 2012
8:35 PM

Post #9279555

Melva, yum that sounds really really good.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 19, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9279734

Good morning everyone, still wet here, but Andre and I get our run in

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9279780

Good morning, quite chilly here this morning with lots of dew.

Making some chili for out out of town guests that will be staying over night tonight, and a cake. Plenty of food at the funeral home, but wanted to have something for them to munch on here.

I will check in later.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 19, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9279805

Morning! A bit blurry eyed this morning! No not from drinking! LOL

Well you guys have fun and post lots of pictures so we can enjoy it with you also. BRATS!

Adina I never said how much I like your start. That picture is just precious.

Worked outside a lot yesterday but didn't overdo it. Don't need my wrist hurting again. Got some Iris dug up and moved to their permanent home so far. HAve to wait and see how things look when they bloom. My short iris were so thick and growing on top of each other. Think it was only 3 years since I divided them. So many to maybe get rid of.

Got the 2 Purple plumosa dug up and cut back and replanted. They got huge in a year. The small bed I dug them out of looks so much better. Will have to find something small to plant or just go with a few more annual instead. Will have to remember that.

DH went hunting last night and got a really nice 6 point buck. One less to eat my corn next year.

Better go and feed someone.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9279884

Good Morning!

We're all up and about. Loretta is knitting & Bonnie is on the phone with a friend. Dianne & I walked down to the water this morning - lovely place but the water is very muddy/dirty. We agreed we're not going to try to get in a canoe or kayak for fear of tipping into that water! An egret was fishing but I wasn't quick enough with the camera. Maybe another day.

Will take lots of photos to share with you.

My best to you & your family during these days BonnieB

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9279915

So glad to hear that you are all having a good relaxing time. I am especially glad that Dianne was able to make it to join you. I am just hurt that she didn't ask me to keep Diesel for her, snicker, would love to do that, so I could have some face time with him.

Been cooking and have pretty much everything in order, so now to just shower and be out of the way when DH wants his turn. DH and a friend went to pick up a horse drawn hearse for use in the procession tomorrow. I will be sure to snap some pictures for you, as I think it is a very proper and fitting thing to do.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 19, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9280306

Guys, I'm so happy for you! Have a great time and give each other a big hug for me!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 19, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9280494

I am sorry for my absence. I have had the week from "down under" and not talking about Australia. I am trying to cope with all happening.

First got a call from my Moms neighbors that there was trouble with DStepFather...and they didn't know what to do. Apparently my Moms dog "Uncle Fritz"
died...no one knows the story on that...and now DSF is wandering around the yard at night calling for him. Then he remembers and goes to the neighbors to see their dogs (who do NOT like him) and it is a mess. The neighbors called DSF's sister/niece from H%^%% and more trouble. It just broke my heart hearing about Fritz, he was not an old dog, just a few months older than Izzy. PLEASE pray I don't have to deal with those people and step-father...it will be my final demise.

Then got a call from Connecticut that my "Ex" MIL passed away. Another mess, and long story short...my older two (and Andrew) left this morning for the funeral tomorrow. Their 1/2 sister and them got together and finagled this...I do NOT believe they should be there. They are showing up to "surprise" everyone. A funeral is NOT a place for this, especially with the animosity from past issues. And with Andrew up there...lord knows what is going to go on. Secretly hoping he pops my Ex...but thats a different story.

DH has had two deaths at work. A co-workers wife and another co-workers father in law.

Had a long talk with DS and he is a bit more understanding of my expectations. Whether they will work or not...don't know, but its a start.
The child...thats another story.

SO SO happy all the ladies are together in NC. Best thing I have heard for two weeks!!! Can wait for more pictures!

Hugs
Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 19, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9280511

I am waiting for more pictures also. AND I am going to arm wrestle With BonnieB for the right to
take care of Diesel will his mom is having fun.

Sandy and Andre

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9280568

off topic with all that is going on here but here is the latest on me

Yesterday I tripped over Jazzpurr in the kitchen and fell face first into the wood floor. actually forehead first. My glasses etched themselves in my forehead, and I felt my head SMACK into the floor. I feel like I have been drug through the wringer. My whole right side hurts. I also smacked my knee on the floor and it is swollen. I may have hurt my neck and shoulder. sigh

I have a picture if you want to see. roflol

Jim was getting ready to call an ambulance, but I got myself up and hobbled off to the recliner where Jazzpurr immediately jumped in my lap to see what was wrong. gotta love that cat.

so, I didn't feel like doing anything, but I had to go to the store and go get my glasses fixed.

When I got to the eye doctor, I told him about some eye symptoms I have been having soooooo I had to go back to town at 5pm to the eye doctor.

this is something that I had been meaning to ask about for awhile. but since God had me smack my head on the floor and had to go in to have my glasses fixed, I asked about it, and went back at 5pm.

He told me I probably have a tear in the upper right quadrant of my right eye.
so he wants me to go to a retinal specialist on Friday if he can get me in. I am scared, but this guy is really good, so he will be able to fix it, right?

I swear it's always something with me Shrug!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 19, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9280576

Susan, that is what my DH went through last year. Prepare the recliner...to plant your butt while it heals. No bending, no lifting...no driving. BEHAVE!!!

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9280629

great :(((((

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 19, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9280641

Izzy and I will come take care of you.

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2012
10:56 PM

Post #9280737

sounds like a plan ♥

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 20, 2012
4:05 AM

Post #9280796

Susan so sorry about your fall, you take care of your self. I had that kind of fall-broke my noise.
I could seen Andre to you to help you. LOL

Sandy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 20, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9280800

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #9280814

Good Morning!

Dianne & I will take the camera with us for our morning walk and see about some pictures for you.

Gentle hugs to KittyMom.

Tam

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 20, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9280838

Good morning everyone!
It's getting cold here too, but not until tomorrow. Forecasted rain showers tonight and tomorrow, strong wind too. But until then, I'm glad to go out on a beautiful fall sunny day. I just harvested a few bell peppers and stuffed them with ground pork.They're in the oven and will be ready in time when I have to leave for work...second shift is better, I can do lots of things in the morning!

((((((((Susan)))))))), so sorry about the fall. Take care of you. Good boy Jazzpurr! Sending hugs and prayers for a quick healing.

Tam, have great time with the girls! Can't wait to see more pics! So excited to see Dianne so much lately!

(((((((Debbie))))))), so much going on in your family! My condoleances for your losses. Why did your SD's relatives call you? I also hope they won't ask you to go there to help, it's unacceptable! I hope Shane will behave in the future. I hope you got some senses in that boy's head!
What's with "the child"?

Vicki, thanks! I'm glad you didn't overdo. Your garden will look great next spring. Where did you move the irises? Can you show us a Purple plumosa? And , since you will be taking a picture, can you take one of Ty too? Miss our boy!

BonnieB, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I know it must be so hard for your DH.

Sandy, I'm in the competition too, I want to take care of Diesel too!LOL

Here are a few pics from my garden, the flowers growing above the sewage, the veggie garden, a UFO morning glory and the stuffed peppers.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2012
5:50 AM

Post #9280856

Good morning. Just finished breakfast, and will be heading to the shower shortly to get ready to go to the funeral home. Funeral at 1:00, so it will probably late afternoon before I am back here.

((hugs)) Debbie, vent away, that is what we are here for.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 20, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9280866

Morning! don't forget I am in the competition for taking care of Diesel also! Just waiting for more pictures.

Woke up early today and feel pretty rested. Work last night was busy but we feel like we didn't get anything done. We are putting out what we had to pack up from last Xmas. Guess what on one uboat a bunch was discontinued! So what was the sense in all that work and storage? The bright side we didn't have to find a place for it!

Adina I can take pictures but for some reason they won't download onto the computer. They load but not download if that makes sense. I cut back the plumosa so I don't think I can get a good picture. Will see when we go out later. Will post an older picture of Ty.

BonnieB hope things are going as good as they can at this time. Loved your story about going early to pickup things! Need a little humor at this time. Sending you all strength.

Debbie I was getting worried about not hearing from you. That is a load to handle. Hope the girls plan does not backfire but they are grownups and need to handle it on their own. I also hope you don't get drawn into ex-stepdad's mess.

Susan sorry about your fall and hope the healing is fast and easy! I'm with Deb Take it easy and OBEY!

Better go and feed someone as he is getting kind of antsy. Might go out and so some more digging or clean house have not decided yet!

Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522   Thumbnail by ves522      

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 20, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9280871

Step fathers family didn't call me, the neighbors did across the street. They didn't know how to contact his family. His family basically told the neighbors
to "deal with it". SO they said next time they will just call the Sheriff...not a good thing either. As much as I detest that man, the fact his family dropped him
at the house and "washed their hands" of the issue (except the bank account) is appalling. His "aide" stops in the morning and gives him a med...and again late afternoon. She is there a total of 10 minutes.

My girls grandmothers funeral is this morning.

I have coffee but am not too coherent yet.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 20, 2012
6:06 AM

Post #9280874

Vicki, I love that first picture. That one I may have to print for my frame!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 20, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9280891

Vicki, check if you have down loaded a new Flash upgrade, that was why I was having problems seeing pictures

sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 20, 2012
7:07 AM

Post #9280949

Then what do I do Sandy if that is what happened?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 20, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9281062

Vickie you uninstall the newer one and install a older one. I have Mozilla and it does not work with the newer Flash

I just get back from the doctor and had my first injection of the "jelly" in my knee-2 more to go.

Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 20, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #9281416

HELLO!!!! Any one home????

It has been way to quite here today

Sandy And Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 20, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #9281427

Im in and out...just keep swimming..just keep swimming

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 20, 2012
4:20 PM

Post #9281433

Debbie I no what you mean.
Sandy and andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9281442

We had a long day today. Went on a harbor cruise to Fort Sumner and then had a great lunch. After lunch, went to Charleston to the "Market" where lots of crafty stuff is for sale.

Here's some photos from the private dock at the house. The bottom right shot is looking down the dock at the house.

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 20, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9281497

Very nice

Sandy
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2012
5:51 PM

Post #9281507

Did you spell the name of the fort, correctly? I thought it was Fort Sumter...you Yankee, you!
How did you find the house? I love that dock!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 20, 2012
6:07 PM

Post #9281521

Oh, Melva, you caught her, you Southern Belle, you. Fort Sumter, indeed!.

We had a delicious lunch at Gilligan's after our tour of the fort and harbor cruise. Then proceeded to the Market where I purchased two beautiful table cloths from Provence.

Last night Tammy, Roberta (formerly Loretta - don't ask. Maybe it was the two bottles of wine), and I played Mexican Train. We only lasted three rounds. I wonder why?

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9281556

Good evening.

Great pictures everyone has posted. Have read everything, and have had appropriate emotions and responses.

Funeral was today, lunch afterward. DH and I are both just wiped out, and I am heading to bed shortly. Will tell you more later.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 20, 2012
8:16 PM

Post #9281624

{{{{{ Bonnie B }}}}}}}}}} so sorry your family had to go thru this...

{{{{{ Debbie }}}}}}}}} for losing your ex-MIL and ALL you go thru daily. hope Shane understands what he puts you and Paul thru.

Bonnie,Tam & "Roberta - don't ask" -- looks like a wonderful get together.

Spent the past 2 days up in La Crosse WI -- beautiful scenery... windy days, but no rain. heading back to Lake Delton tomorrow... back to work.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2012
4:00 AM

Post #9281815

Good morning. My dear friends are still sleeping. We really pushed it yesterday. I think I am having an at home day today. Believe Dianne and Tam will tour some of the old majestic homes. Loretta/Roberta hasn't mentioned anything except washing clothes. As usual, when DGers and HWYDers get together, it is a very comfortable group - good friends, good times, good food.

Melva I found the house using VRBO - Vacation Rental By Owner. Google VRBO. The real plus of this house is it is a one story ranch. No stairs to climb except three to get up on the porch from the carport.

Here are a few more photos of the interior.

#1. A, Living Room B. Looking into kichen from LR with DR on the left
#2. A, Kitchen, B. Butler's Pantry. C. DR

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 21, 2012
5:12 AM

Post #9281845

Tammy wrote:Hi folks!

I ran into a few friends today. :-) We're waiting for Bonnie to catch some crabs off the back of this lovely Charleston SC house.

Tam

OH -- I can not believe I did not realize that the "Dianne" in your statement was Dianne!!

How absolutely wonderful!!

I knew I slightly recognized everyone in the images, but just couldn't place it... Too much wine the other night i think...

Just so fabulous that you gals all got together.

Who is "Diesel sitting?"
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #9281883

Up having breakfast, and will try to get in a walk before starting anything of any importance.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 21, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9281911

Good Morning!

BonnieB - I hope you & your husband take a couple of "me" days after this all wraps up.

Terese - yep, that's Dianne! She has a family that loves Diesel taking care of her crew. Loretta's dad is cat-sitting for Chloe (apparently she doesn't mind that he forgets her name as long as he provides food & treats.)

Melva - it was a long day and I was getting to a full-on case of ditsy by the end of the day yesterday. Sumner is a street I use in Allentown a lot. I typed Sumpner and knew that wasn't right so just took out the "p" and said close enough. Obviously not good enough to pull one over on the history buffs here! ;-)

I forgot my camera yesterday & will see if I can download the pic's off Loretta's this morning.

~~ to everyone.
Tam

Tam

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 21, 2012
7:04 AM

Post #9281931

Good morning! It's raining!!!!!! It's been raining since last night. I woke up at 5 a.m. and it was raining buckets. My son was just leaving for work and I was worried he would get wet on his way to the bus so I offered to drive him there, but he said he will take the umbrella and he'll be fine. He also said he is a big boy!LOL The doggies accompanied him all the way to the bus, although it was raining so hard. They seem to be happy for the rain too!

Tam, Bonnie, thanks for the pics! It's great to see you guys and live with you all your wonderful vacation. Keep the pics and stories coming!

Vicki, I hope you can find what's wrong with your computer. I know how unpleasant that can be! Thanks for the Ty pics, he is so cute!

Debbie, I can't help feeling sorry for your step father. Thanks for explaining. Hugs for your girls.

I'm at the office second shift and will be here tomorrow all day again. Nothing new!LOL

Adina

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 21, 2012
7:44 AM

Post #9281964

Morning!

Just got the bills done and what a relief getting it all done for the month! Did you hear that big sigh?

Tam I thought it was spelled wrong but then thought what do I know! LOL

Hope you girls are having fun for all of us!

BonnieB so glad you are taking the day off for some me and shared time with DH.

Adina Rain HURRAY! I wish we would get some but not until I am done with my work that is taking forever. I agree with you I get more done at home working second shift. Glad you have a bus system out by you. We have nothing like that and some days it would be nice to not have to drive. Does he have a license?

Debbie I hope things are going better and you are getting done what needs done.

I have to get going and get outside. DH picked rocks and I get to look them over and I might do some digging also. Or walk Ty

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 21, 2012
7:54 AM

Post #9281975

Thanks Vicki & Adina.

Adina, as much as I despise and detest that many...and truly hate him...I think it is horrible what his family has done. And yes, although he really asked for this...I feel sorry for him.

Vicki, I am struggling with so much. And tomorrow is the "anniversary" of my surgery. My son didn't even last 24 hours on his "deal" and everything just has my mind feeling like a tornado in it. My girls being with "their father" is not helping either.

BUT...I have coffee...and I am keeping on swimming.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 21, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9281996

Deb sitting with you having coffee! Or should we look at the rocks together? Kick DS in the butt for me and shaking my head at the girls!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 21, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9282080

Yesterday I had the first of 3 injections of what the doctor called "jelly" AND I already see improvement not only in my left knee but my left ankle is not hurting as much!!!!!!!
Keep finders crossed that the effects will last at least the 6 months.
I am hoping that as I can walk better that the ankles will heal

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 21, 2012
9:42 AM

Post #9282085

Sandy that is good news! Just take it easy for a few days! I bet you are just wanting to take off! Here's Hoping for 6 months or more!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9282094

Well, I have been paying bills, and straightening up papers for church. Seems like it all got done. DH came in and we went back to the funeral home to pick up 2 concrete benches that were sent in lieu of flowers, then stopped by the gravesite and placed them there, as well as some big potted mums. We will plant them at the grave also.

DH is going to an attorney with one of the girls this afternoon, just a formality to have someone appointed as administrator of the estate.

When he leaves, think I will try a nap, as I didn't get one any day last week.

Vicki, I wish I could look over the rocks with you,

Vacation gals, hope you are having a blast, and that you all have many pictures to share with us when you get home.

Debbie, so sorry that you are so unsettled with all that is going on. Sounds like the SF has made his bed, and will have to find the solution for getting things back in order. Please don't try to hate him. Hate is an emotion that will end up just eating you up. Try to find forgiveness in your heart, and that will give you peace. You don't have to love him, or even like him, but forgiveness puts an end to the torture your sould is going through. I have BTADT, not worth it.

Aww, glad that Diesel is being taken care of, but wish that he needed one of us. He will never get to know his aunties if he never gets to meet them.

Going to try to finish my sermon right now, not gonna put it off till the last minute.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 21, 2012
9:54 AM

Post #9282104

BonnieB, I understand what you are saying...but forgiving a man who molested me from age 9 up...and turned to abuse, using my mother as a "pawn" I am not going to forgive or forget on this one. You are right...he is not worth it. But he is not worth my forgiveness. I will not longer be haunted until he has left this earth.

Sorry.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 21, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #9282111

Hugs Debbie! Forgiveness is a hard thing to decide. I have that issue also but for other things. I think he has already left this earth from the sound of it. It also sounds like payback or the best kind of revenge we have nothing to do with!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 21, 2012
10:06 AM

Post #9282115

BonnieB we found some decent rocks. Nothing spectacular but usable! and very dirty!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2012
11:46 AM

Post #9282260

good afternoon. Our friends Tam and Dianne are still out on their walking tour of Charleston homes.

Loretta and I have enjoyed a lunch of bacon and tomato sandwiches afterwhich Loretta cleaned the kitchen - what gal!!!!

Loretta is presently dangling her tiny feet over the side of the giant cuzzi tub while I am enjoying a Shady Lady.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 21, 2012
11:50 AM

Post #9282265

OOPS wrong photo.

Master Bath

Thumbnail by greersfolly

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 21, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9282288

Tam, I hope your ears and BonnieB's ears are ringing. I have made two huge batches of roasted tomatoes again today.

Right now I am not anxious to see tomatoes again for awhile! Bet I chopped up over 200 grape tomatoes...but they sure have a good flavor with the seasonings.

Thinking of cooking chicken breast and putting roast tomatoes and mozzarella over the top...do you think that will work?

Bonnie, that house is beautiful!!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 21, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9282347

Debbie - that sounds like a great dinner! We will be over in a bit. Can we bring the wine?

Dianne & I saw three old Charleston "plantations" and walked around the old town quite a bit.

Debbie - Dianne wanted you to know that she saw a cardinal right around the corner from our house and thought of you.

Here's a few collages of the day...

edited to say - there were a lot of dog water bowls along the streets. Clearly Charleston is a dog-loving city!

This message was edited Sep 21, 2012 3:51 PM

Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy      

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 21, 2012
2:40 PM

Post #9282387

Sure come on over! I looks really good, just hope it taste the same! I made a side of spaghetti to put it over the top of...I hope there is enough flavor and sauce to spread it out.

LOVE the pictures. Great scenery!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 21, 2012
2:43 PM

Post #9282389

Sounds like you are having fun.

I have had a very good day. Not much pain in either of my left knee or left ankle.
I have done a good bit of crocheting-have not done much for months.
In fact I have done more today that I have in a long time. And yes I have been careful not
to do to much.

Sandy and Andre

9kittymom

9kittymom
Bartlesville, OK
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9282590

here is the latest picture of blackeyed Susan. I was given that name by my smart ass daughter. she is so funny.

It is actually worse now than this picture shows, it has gone all the way across my face under the right eye and the left eye is starting to turn black too. I may get a matching set soon. Just being early for halloween. LOL

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9282603

Good evening. I had a little nap this afternoon, and DH came in and sat and reclined, think I heard him snore a couple of times, so guess he had a nap too. While I was still resting and watching tv, he called our friends the retired pastor and his wife and we ended up meeting them for dinner. Had a good meal and lots of conversation. We then ordered 2 meals to go, and took them to our sick friends. and visited with them for a bit. They live in a very upscale subdivision, and have a lake right out their back door, and since they are both fishermen, DH went out with artificial bait and caught 2 fish that he brought to the patio where our sick friend could see them. He then took them and released them.

DH didn't have a very good day, as there was nothing for him to do, and there was no use of him going to his DB's farm. He was sort of lost.

Girls, I am hoping that you are enjoying the vacation more, but I am enjoying the virtual vacation that you are giving me from the pictures.

Sandy, that is great news about the reduced pain. Hope that it lasts a good while.

DH went to the Dr this morning about his shoulder that has been bothering him, and that he injured by putting in tobacco, and from him falling from the barn. He got a shot of cortisone in it, and the Dr is recommending shoulder replacement. He has had 3 torn rotator cuff surgeries, and there is lots of arthritis in the joint, so the Dr said that the cortisone would provide some relief for a little while, but when it wore off, nothing but shoulder replacement would help with the pain. I told him he needs to talk to some people who have had it, and see what their opinion of it is.

Adina, glad that you got some rain. Our weather liars said that we would have rain yesterday and today, but we have had nothing. Do you work the second shift all the time or do you switch around? I always worked day shift, but my DH loved working the second shift, as he said he could get lots done in the mornings before he had to go to work, and he is a night owl so the late bedtime wasn't a problem for him. You always have such pretty pictures, I thank you for sharing them.

DH and I have decided to go to West Central Indiana to Amish country next week for a horse sale and an antique sale. It will be good to get away for a couple of days. This is a favorite destination of his, mine not so much, but it is mainly for him, and that is where he wants to go.

Eyelids getting sort of slow in wanting to open again after blinking, so guess that is a sign of needing some sleep. Night all.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9282606

Ouch Susan, sure looks painful. Sounds like your DD needs a kick in the seat of her pants for being unkind to dear old mom! Take care.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 21, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9282632

Susan so sorry, I know what you are going through, I did have pictures of mine but I deleted them as they where to painful to look at. Hope you did not break your noise

BonnieB {{{hugs to your DH}}}}

Sandy and Andre
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 21, 2012
9:04 PM

Post #9282707

Susan-kitty,
That looks so painful! I live in fear of that happening to me, as Corky has a bad habit of walking in front of me and stopping suddenly...
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 22, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #9282835

Good morning, have had my coffee, and read the paper, so need to get moving, but I don't know which direction yet!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 22, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9282838

just get back from a 3 mile bike ride, left knee happy-right one not happy-but it will be it's turn soon!!!

sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 22, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9282872

Good Morning!

Susan - you are going to be quite colorful for a long time! Looks like you did quite a number on your face. We do like your daughter's nickname for you, very appropriate. :-)

BonnieB - how long do the replacement shoulders' last? I know they have knees that last up to 20yrs now. If that isn't a concern, it sounds like a good option for him if it'll help with the arthritis too.

Dianne and I walked down the dock again this morning and saw a bunch of baby crabs on the walkway. Thought they were big spiders at first. And then enjoyed the sight of fish jumping out of the water. Nice start to the day.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 22, 2012
7:46 AM

Post #9282948

Andre and I just get back from a short 1/2 mile walk. Not to bad.

Tam the where probable Fiddler crab

Get to edit some mushroom pictures.

Sandy and andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 22, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9282958

Sandy do NOT over do it!!! Glad to hear the shot is working, relayed that to DH..as that is what they want to do for his knee.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 22, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9282966

Debbie I am taking it slow. Tell him that the injections do not hurt. I had the non "chicken comb" form, so very, very few side effects to watch for. I will have my second shot Thursday and will ask them to start on the right knee. The best side effect is my ankle is not hurting as much and am hoping that now they can heal.

Sandy and a tired but happy Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 22, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #9283323

I lost my mouse!!!! Darn it. Never ever buy a wireless mouse.
Do you know how hard it is to not only find a lost leashless mouse,
I had to order a new ambidextrous mouse.

Sandy and Andre who did not find it this time!!!!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 22, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9283449

Good evening, the vacationers better hurry and get back, we don't seem to have much to talk about in their absence. Am I saying they are the talkers? Definitely not, just sayin.

Went to town this morning and stopped at several yard sales, but didn't buy anything. I guess I think I am eventually gonna find a "diamond in the rough" or a priceless treasure and that is why i still shop them. It was a pretty day, temps in the low 70's, but about dark a brisk wind blew through and it seemed downright chilly.

I put a blanket on the bed yesterday. Sure felt good this morning too.

Need to start thinking about hitting the hay, morning will come early.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 22, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9283455

I am here BonnieB, been running like a made woman all week. Our family has had four funerals since last Saturday, car repairs, lots of cooking from gardens to freeze. So exhausted tonight we went for a ride down to the lake and got some fresh caramel corn with cashews! Oh so good!!! Sunset was so nice, and very clear...but DANG was it cold.

I could see from our side of the Lake Ontario shoreline in Olcott over to Toronto in Canada!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 22, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9283461

Debbie lovely picture

It is still in the upper 80's here.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 22, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9283471

Debbie that is a beautiful picture. Save it for the next photo contest, I will vote for it.

Whose funerals did you have this week? I knew about your Ex MIL, but none of the others.

We were about the same. Tues, Wed, and Thurs visitation and funeral for DBIL. I had the couple from Puerto Rico overnight on Wednesday, so lots going on. I am like you, I think I just collapsed yesterday and today. Now we need to start writing thank you notes, guess that will take place this next week. maybe before we go away the middle of the week, so there won't be much left for me to do. DH and the younger daughter will be seeing an attorney next week to be appointed co administrators and then the fun really begins. I told DH that as far as the farm machinery and like items, they would do well to have an auction. Hopefully before the bad weather and winter comes. Don't know if that will be possible, but it sure would make a dent in liquifying his assets.

Well need to start thinking about bed.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 22, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9283512

Funerals were for a co-worker of DH's wife, horrible cancer. 7 kids...several still at home, youngest 14. Another was a co-workers father whom DH knew through 30 years at the same business. DH actually used to be room mates with Vic while we were dating. And 3rd was a neighbors parent who lived just around the corner from us.

Girls got back from Connecticut yesterday. Said it was such a sad service but glad they went. They spent time with their half sister, and their father took them all out to dinner.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 22, 2012
7:58 PM

Post #9283518

we are expecting frost tonight... tender plant warning... i did not bring anything in close to the house... I hope they are wrong... Or i will be quit busy cleaning out pots tomorrow
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 22, 2012
8:27 PM

Post #9283527

96 today I am so ready for Fall!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #9283687

Good morning

Melva I agree, thought it has dropped a few degrees here

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 23, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9283711

Howdy all!

Vacationers are preparing for the travel home this morning. We have to pack, throw good food away & finish off the wine (oh... I can't do that. Too early. Rats.)

We'll all be home tonight. Have a great day!
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 23, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9283733

Very chilly here this morning, even DH's rat terrier wanted back in the laundry room after her outside trip. Gonna have to toughen up those little dogs.

We have a frost warning for tonight. I have brought in anything that I wanted to save, but I just hate the thought of everything being killed.

Melva, wish I could send you some of our cooler weather!

Tammy, I am sure that it is with sadness that everybody departs this morning. Everybody be safe!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9283756

Darn it is only 74 degrees here this morning but the humidity is 91% was not a fun bike ride this morning.

Be safe on you way home

sandy and andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 23, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9283814

I am dragging, back spasms all night and leg cramps. I had a banana for potassium and a glass of water. Nothing.

It is 47 here...and I would prefer staying in bed!

Safe travels ladies!

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9283862

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Debbie}}}}}}}}}}}

I am off to visit Aunt and Uncle-wish me luck!!!

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 23, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9283885

Morning!

Deb my feet kept waking me up last night. With working one short walking those cement floors are murder on my feet and they were hollering last night and still hurt today. Still took Ty for his walk and he is loving this weather. But I know you were hurting more than me. Hugs!

Sandy have a good visit.

Girls safe trips home!

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 23, 2012
11:39 AM

Post #9284014

I slept really good last night (which is rare) not sure what the difference was...some nights my legs cramp so much I have to get up and take a hot bath...Corky likes that because then he weedles me to feed him again...he is such a chow hound! He still has his lady that comes and feeds him most mornings. Phil says he waits for her out by the storm drain...I still have not seen her...
Tammy, I always hated the throwing away of good food...we always had to do that when we would go to Key West. Haven't been back there in years...I think we are about due.
It is hot here again...predicted to be hot all week and no rain. Thanks for thinking of sending me some cooler weather, Bonnie B.
I used a pepper last night from the garden...a jalapeno and it burned my fingers, they were on fire for hours even after soaking them in milk. But it did taste good though. I have 5 squash plants that are looking good...blooms but so far, no squash...

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 23, 2012
1:55 PM

Post #9284108

Hi all! Just a quick note...I'm canning pickles so I'm over my head today. Talk to you tomorrow.

Adina

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 23, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9284191

Hi Adina, how are things going?? Sure hope it is quiet for you while you are canning. My Carrie made some pickles & caulitflower with onions, oh was so so good.

Melva, I dont like to complain...but it has been ages since we have had a picture of Corky. I have the same issues with pepper...can't even touch anymore.

So who is home already? Ladies we need some pictures and updates.

While I am at it...Elsie/Loretta/Roberta it has been ages since we have had a kitty picture too! She is probably feeling lost!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9284206

I am home and survived. My Aunt is nice but has a few screws loose. My Uncle(DM's Brother) is also nice but a tiny bit grumpy. We had a good meal

Waving at everyone

Sandy and andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 23, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9284207

Reporting in for duty!

I left first and am in the car driving back from Phila. Photos will have to wait til tomorrow when I get some time. Its back to the real world agai. Sigh

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 23, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9284210

At least Tam, you don't have to fly out for CA tomorrow!!! Rest up!

Sandy, glad it was "bearable".

This message was edited Sep 23, 2012 6:27 PM

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 23, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9284232

Chantell posted this on the Prayer forum. I had seen it on FB, but wasn't comfortable relaying it. Now that Chantell has...our Becky needs us.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280765/

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 23, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9284291

Debbie it is always bearable but sometimes kind of strange-specially when my cousin is also there. He inherited the loose screws.

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 23, 2012
6:02 PM

Post #9284356

I am home. the flight arrived early and so did the driver. I just had some soup - I am coming down with a cold.

I had a wonderful time. Charleston is a lovely city and the company was superb. It was so nice to finally meet Dianne.

I need to get some sleep. I'll be back maybe tomorrow.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 23, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9284414

Good evening everybody. Seems like the travelers are straggling in and getting settled once more in their own nests. I am so glad that you all had the time away, and so glad that you were able to meet Dianne and to enjoy that time together. (Still jealous)!

Debbie, I don't think I know Becky, but will add her to my prayer list none the same. Sorry for your achy joints bones, cramps or whatever. Cramps are very painful and sometimes seem to occur for no discernable reason. The roasted tomato sauce is so good in many things. I am so glad that I did so much of it this year, as I see recipes that call for tomatoes, that I am substituting the roasted sauce in. Yum, lots of good things.

Sandy, I am glad that you had a pleasant day, even with some members of the family not entirely there. Maybe they enjoyed your company, and hope that you will get another chance to visit again. Did Andre go with you?

Melva, I wish now more than ever that you had some of my cooler air. It is now 36 degrees and the WL are saying frost tonight. Brrr, I hope that we have ample time to adjust to this weather before winter pounces upon us.

Terese, did it frost there, and did you lose any of your things to Old Jack? I really like this time of year, for several reasons, but it seems that it has arrived so soon and I wasn't ready. Are you home or will you be going home soon?

Today was church, and I preached. I thought it went well, and had many say that I had done a great job on the delivery and on the content. My older DB and DS surprised me and was in the audience, as well as a first cousin and his DW. We went out to eat after church, and enjoyed talking and catching up with them.

I want to correct information that I reported last week about my DBIL's accident and death. It was a rumor that the driver who crossed the center line and hit him was texting, a rumor that she died. She was treated and released that same day/night from the hospital with only minor injuries. She has retained a lawyer and has been advised to make no comments to the media or to contact the family. So seems she, by her actions is expecting a legal battle. I will leave that to the 3 children that DBIL left behind. All adults, but it is their decision about what action will be taken. DB has agreed to act as co administrator along with the youngest daughter, and they will be seeing a lawyer to draw up the papers, and a judge to make it official so that they may begin the long ardous task of settling a sizeable estate. She knows nothing about farm machinery and the livestock, so DH will be a big help with that aspect of it.

Need to make a trip to our church denomination headquarters tomorrow in a city about 30 miles from here, so may be later in the day before I check in.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 23, 2012
11:13 PM

Post #9284529

BonnieB, Beckys DG name is Bec No Va . She posted on here a lot until the last six months or so. She has the big Mastiff Samson who recently had the blockage.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 24, 2012
3:04 AM

Post #9284562

Good morning!
So great to hear from our travelers, but not so great that you had to come back to your homes so soon. It's been a busy day yesterday, but I accomplished something. Grilled lots of eggplants, sweet peppers, kapia peppers for the "zacusca". This is some kind of stew, but with all ingredients grilled, peeled and mashed. It was almost dark when I finished with all. In the meantime, while waiting near the grill, I cleaned and cut the sweet peppers for pickling. I need to finish all those today, including the pickled cukes.

BonnieB, I'm sure the woman who killed your DBIL will loose the legal battle. So nice of your DH to be his niece's administrator. I was once administrator for one of my cousins after my uncle died.

Elsie/Roberta, take care with that cold. Feel better soon. Chloe will take you under her blanket so you can be warm!LOL

Vicki, how are your legs today?

Debbie, I hope you are feeling better. Love the picture of the lake, amazing! Things are well, thanks for asking. My DD hasn't called since Friday, but Ionut spent the night at her place and told me about Nicholas. He is well after having a cold last week, only Ionut isn't happy about how he evolves. He says Nicholas hasn't learned much since he left. But thank God he is well.

Sandy, glad to hear the visit went well and you survived. Have you found the mouse yet?
Maybe Andre hid it!

Melva, that little snort, Corky! My Grandma always said that 2 meals aren't bad, 2 spanks are bad!LOL

Waving to all!

Adina

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9284590

Morning everyone

BonnieB we go down there about once a month. It is a little over a hour drive-they live on the St John's River..

Adina no sign of the mouse- I ordered a new one that will plug into the laptop. It is hard to find one that can be programed to be used left handed but I lucked up on one this time. I can use either hand thought I mostly write with the right hand and like to use the mouse with the left.

Very cool here this morning 58

waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
6:00 AM

Post #9284668

Good Morning everyone

Happy Birthday Vicki!!!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
6:06 AM

Post #9284674

Good morning, Happy Birthday Vicki, sure hope you have a day that only you plan!

Heading out to the church headquarters, and to do a little shopping.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9284697

Happy Birthday Vickie---this time I have the right date. LOL

sandy and andre

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 24, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9284702

Happy Birthday, Vicki! Have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9284708

Happy Birthday Vicki!! Have a great day!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 24, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9284732

Happy Birthday Vicki!!! Here is your coffee C(__) and I will have to get busy on the cake!

Have a wonderful day.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 24, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9285225

WOW! Thanks for all the Bday wishes. It didn't start out as I hoped. I got called into work. Now hold your horses! She needed my keys as she forgot to grab hers. So DH and I got dressed and dropped off the keys and went out for breakfast! I had a muffin and ham and what a slab of ham it was. I was in hog heaven! After that we picked up a few groceries and went home unloaded the jeep and went to town to get some other stuff. Went to Menards and looked at front doors. Found a solid door we both liked and the price was right. Then it is just getting that and a screen door. Picked up a few other things that were needed and some that were on sale and I was happy.

It froze last night but warmed up nice and Ty and I will be heading out for a walk soon. He is laying here by me. Silly boy!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9285256

Oh I bet Ty is looking forward to that walk Vicki! Glad you made a good day out a bumpy start. Are you having cake tonight? I sure you have a wonderful dinner & enjoy the rest of your own personal holiday. :-)

I worked straight through 'til about 3pm today. I managed to squeeze in a short workout - first in about a month. I really need to get back in shape. I'm back on a diet to lose the 5lbs I picked up with all the travelling (and eating) I've been doing.

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

September 24, 2012
3:49 PM

Post #9285272

Brrr it is cold here tonight. Too lazy to start up the woodstove when I got home last night so flicked on the oil - only about the fifth time since we moved in in 2001. Have set the temp at 65* so will see if it clicks on tonight. Agree with Tam nice to travel but good to be home. Heck I hadn't flown since 1973 so it was quite the learning experience for me.

Streak and Sassy were in seventh heaven last night. They were completely mind boggled as they have never had me just to themselves. Since I got home in the wee hours of the morning Quill and Diesel stayed with my friends till today. Looking forward to sleeping with Diesel tonight. We had a wee nap this afternoon and he sure was a snuggler.

Happy Birthday Vicki!!! You share it with my niece Laura who is the light of our life.Hope your day was all you wanted it to be. Hope you and Ty had a great walk.

Dianne
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9285279

Dianne, aren't you glad you got your passport?
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

September 24, 2012
4:36 PM

Post #9285313

Yes Melva I sure am!!!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9285327

Vicki - why couldn't she go home and get the keys? I hope your breakfast was worth it. I like ham for breakfast. Nice cake Debbie made for you.

Dianne, it's chilly here to

BonnieB, I hope your DH does well with his shoulder. The worst thing is to baby it so much that it freezes.

I went to the optical place this afternoon. I have no idea why it took so long for the glasses. I have to go back and get them aligned. but more and more I'm thinking my head is not on straight. I'm not seeing very well in them. It was hard to see a check I wrote. But I was able to drive home with them.

I met a lovely woman there - she asked me which pair of these glasses were those men wearing on the Emmys last night. I said I didn't see it - I was returning from Charleston. We introduced ourselves and shook hands. she said to the optical person that she met such a nice person there. I didn't even remember that the Emmys were on last night. When I returned Chloe was very vocal - I wonder if she thought I had gone away again.

while I was away my Dad and someone else took my recliner out and replaced it with one that is still in one piece. I think that is where I am headed.

I think the first is Tammy and Dianne at Fort Sumter - Bonnie & I are on the ship.

Dinner at Shem's Creek Bar & Grill.

The back yard with the live oaks with Spanish moss. They were uplit at night.

More Spanish moss.

The Ravanel Bridge from the boat. It connects Charleston with Mount Pleasant. over the Cooper River.

Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie   Thumbnail by elsie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 24, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9285354

Elsie she lives 30 miles away. I live 10. The girl that lives 4 miles away never answers her phone. The useless one.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9285363

Those are wonderful photo's Loretta! Especially love the shot of Bonnie & Dianne with those big pots & the tree dripping in moss. I think that dinner at Shem's Creek was one of my favorite. Such fun. I sure hope the glasses work out. Did they test your vision with them? Hopefully it's just gonna take a bit to get used to and not a real problem with them!

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9285377

I downloaded a few more pic's from our last day. We went to an old plantation just out of town. All carriage rides were booked but we enjoyed browsing around the place.

Carriage awaiting the next group

Loretta looking at stuff in the garden shop

Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy         

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9285418

Good Evening. It was a crazy day, didn't go as planned, but I did get through it. When I was in the city where the church headquarters was, called to see if my glasses were ready, no, probably be mid week. The church office was closed, so went to Office Depot to pick up a few things and then home. We closed the pool, and when I came inside, had a call from one of the church officials, and it meant that I had to make the trip to the city again. The optomitrist office called and my glasses were ready, so went to pick them up. They are good, I can half way see again!

Love the pictures, looks so inviting. Love the horses hooked to the carriage. They are the kind that DBIL has, and that DH is looking after now that he is gone.

elsie, I wouldn't have left the place if the glasses were not letting me see well. Go back and insist that they adjust them. Glasses have to fit right in order for them to be able to help you see. They are hoping that I won't have to change the prescription until I can have cataract surgery.

Debbie, I do know Becky. So sorry about her diagnosis. Although it is not the death sentence it once was. I will keep her in my thoughts & prayers.

Vicki sounds like a good day for you. We are going to look at laminate flooring we are having put in. IF I EVER MAKE UP MY MIND which one!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 24, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9285427

BonnieB I told DH we should look at flooring while we are there! We left right after that! LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #9285441

I have been through that also. I told DH that I was taking up the dirty carpet, and we would live with the subflooring if I had to. That didn't set well either, so we are getting laminate.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 24, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9285458

New thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1281616/

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

September 25, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #9285751

** moved it to the new thread **

This message was edited Sep 25, 2012 7:38 AM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America