Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easy: Great article

Communities > Forums > Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easy
bookmark
Forum: Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easyReplies: 6, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2012
8:26 AM

Post #9274948

Adina, another great article. Glad you got rid of the mole without having to resort to deadly methods. Having the reminder of your dad is definitely a plus! ^_^

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 14, 2012
8:39 AM

Post #9274962

Celia, thanks! That was such a relief and I'm going to do that first thing next spring too.

Adina
SingingWolf
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2012
11:15 AM

Post #9275114

I have to agree with Kwanjin. I enjoyed reading about your summer battle with the mole. I just have to ask. Do the marigolds keep the voles away too? Just curious.
Honestly, at a couple of places reading your article I cracked up, yup. Been there, done that, with gophers, which is a different kind of rodent. We don't have moles or voles here. Thought the vid was educational. : - )
It doesn't surprise me that the marigold chases them critters away. I'll have to see if they work in the veggie garden next year. Daffodils don't grow well in my climate, but ya never know, I might replant, and we'll see.
Once again, Adina, a nicely written article. : - )
Thanks for sharing with us, and caring about them critters. Even the rodents have a place and purpose.
Of course, no gardener wants an invisible pet but lots of us would rather not kill them, and usually don't until the damage gets to be unacceptable.
Walk In Beauty~
SingingWolf

themikesmom

themikesmom
Concord, NC

September 14, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9275278

Amazing Article, I have been having a mole problem the last couple years and just noticed some more turned up grass tunneling mounds in my back yard this morning, i cant believe i stumbled upon this great article!the very same day! i cant wait to try this wonderful sounding humane method! thank-you so much! great video of this pesky critter too!
QueenThumb
Saint Petersburg, FL

September 17, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9277551

Moles are not rodents, fyi.

This message was edited Sep 17, 2012 9:11 AM
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

September 17, 2012
7:55 AM

Post #9277655

Great article - again, Adina.

After having to fight gophers for years living near SingingWolf, I hear tell of Moles/Voles being problems in our new AZ location. We have fairly compact and rocky soil, so while digging may be more problematic for me, I am hoping it will be likewise for them critters. Neighbors a couple lots over have soil with more sand and fight those guys regularly. I have read today, prompted by your article, several other article about moles and voles and what they eat and how to fight them. I think some of my gopher methods will work here too.

Thank you again.

Lynda

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 18, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #9278737

Thank you all!

You go, themikesmom! I hope it works for you too!

Jules, I don't know if the voles don't like marigolds either, but I haven't noticed any new vole hole near the marigolds...so it might work!

QueenThumb, thanks for clearing that for us! You are right.

Lynda, would you share your gopher methods with us?

Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easy Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I've given up 1_Lucky_Texan 7 Sep 17, 2012 1:44 PM
CO2 bombs Gitagal 1 Sep 14, 2012 8:43 AM
another reason to not have a lawn... QueenThumb 1 Sep 18, 2012 7:47 AM
Mr. Mole jazzy1okc 5 Sep 19, 2012 12:05 PM
Moles, learn to live with them. dordee 5 Oct 21, 2012 9:08 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America