Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Ohio River Valley Gardening: Gigi's Memory Garden 2

Communities > Forums > Ohio River Valley Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Ohio River Valley GardeningReplies: 92, Views: 692
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 14, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #9275373

This is the continuation of love and support as we witness the progress of Sue's daughter's memory garden.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1253573/#new

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9275821

Thanks for the new thread!

Sue, please know we pray for your comfort daily!

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 15, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9276003

(((Sue, Savannah, Austin (Tim, too)))))

I know everyday is a healing day. Keeping you close in thought and prayer as always.

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

September 15, 2012
12:45 PM

Post #9276007

I always seem to remember the good memories, maybe those are the ones we are suppose to remember and not the bad times. There was a recipe for a casserole made with lima beans my son said he loved, but for the life of me I just can't remember one. I think of that often, maybe someday I'll find it. (((Hugs)))

Just too hot today to even think. Walked out the front door into what felt like a 350 degree oven. Poor plants need water so I'm going to have to go out and help them out a little, before the temp. goes any higher.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 15, 2012
1:15 PM

Post #9276032

Samigal, I just googled lima bean casserole, and there are lots of recipes to choose from. That sounds good--I may have to try some, too!
I just sent up a prayer that you are having a good day, today, Sue.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 15, 2012
2:05 PM

Post #9276060

thanks
today was good.
sold our chickens at the auction
cleaned out basement
cleaned other animal cages , rabbits and show chickens .
swept floors
grocerys
paid bills
ate some grapes
thought of Gigi today in a good way.
Honestly i keep thinking she will call me , every time the phone rings. My heart stops for a moment in hope... crazy huh ?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 15, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9276119

Sue, when my Mom passed I kept picking up the phone to talk to her, it took me quite awhile to get over that. But you can go to a quite place in the garden, and have a conversation with her, she is listening!
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 15, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9276152

Wow, what a busy day you've had, Sue! It does feel good to get a lot done.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 16, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #9276428

And the best part was that you thought of Gigi in a good way!! The happy memories will soon outweigh the sad Sue...

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 16, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9276785

Tim was home this saturday and left today, honestly i think prisoner get more visit time then we do ?? oh and speaking of prisoners ... guess what we passed on the way home from Marysville ! ???? yes yes yes. The Womens Correctional Facility aka prison !! .
SO me and the kids rolled down our windows as we drove by and smiled and gave a big wave and hello to . Karen Cook and Candece Forney. Then we joked about going to visit and what kind of food to bring for them and what flavors choices of food... savannah said worms w/ puke and austin said ... poop w/ fingernails flavor... you don't want to know my flavor of choice MUwahahahahaha
yes its s demented thing but it felt good. To actually see there new home.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2012
1:34 PM

Post #9276797

LOL Creative cooking!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 16, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9276964

lol i know right :)
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 16, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9277017

Sue , i've been reading this past hour .No idea this was going on . I can't begin to imagine your pain . So sorry this happened to you and Jessica . Don't know what else to say except my heart is heavy for you.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 17, 2012
12:27 PM

Post #9277892

thank you digger, i appreciate your kind words.
well this morning was a bit teary eyed. I dreamt of Jessica . I couldn't find her ? i kept screaming " where are you " then i woke up... i hate those dreams.
so it was an emotional morning, but then i got to work and things went well.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 17, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9278033

Only time will dull the sharp edges .Will never go away , and it's a shame only you can live this nightmare . Loving thoughts , my dear .

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 18, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9278589

today is rain.
i was thinking of funny things jessica used to do
she loved jokes, had many joke books she had a mouse and a giraffe joke but i just can't remember it. One of her fav's.
some funny things she used to do.
we went to the zoo and there was a manatee exhibit ... she yelled back to me. " Mom wow they got white whales here !!! " , the big sign for Manatee Exhibit was right above her and a sign right in front of her too. She just got so excited it was pretty funny. She could always laugh at herself .

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 18, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9278607

These are the memories to treasure Sue. You should write them down when they occur and then read them back to yourself when you are down and having a bad day. "Gigi's Journal" sounds good...
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 18, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9278772

Sounds good to me . Lots of good and happy times .

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

September 23, 2012
3:45 PM

Post #9284226

Thanks Ky!

Sue,
It does sound like survivors guilt, but it also just a heartbreaking situation. Let it play itself out. The wounds are fresh and healing is going to take a long time.

I agree with Taters,
She is there anytime you need her to be.

I am so glad you and the kids could vent. Love the kids menu!

Quilter,
''Gigi's Journal'' is an exellent idea! The twins would love to read it too.

Sue,
I always think about you and send you a hug. I say special prayers when I water for my neighbor. They have an upstairs deck and a nice view of the sky. I really feel a bit closer when I say prayers there.

These are things you have to work thru alone, but you have an awful lot of us standing behind you every day, hugging you and your kids and praying for the family.

Keep busy, but cry when you need to.

A mourning cloak. First one I've ever seen.

Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 23, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9284364

thank you everyone
yes i have been journaling . i started about 30 days after her murder. I would sit in her hammock in our backyard. I would swing, write, cry , pray, wish. Talk to her . I have not done it in a few weeks. i feel guilty about it.
another thing she did one time
we are at Home Depot . she was 10 ?
she found a office chair. The kind that spins and has a leaver to control the hight of the chair. SOOOO she called me and called me. I was in an isle looking at some paint . I looked over and ROFLLLL... ok ok i crack up when i tell this story
she is spinning around in the chair and has it lowering down. she calls out... " i 'mmmm meeeellllllllting " LOLLLLL and i see her sink behind the desk
her and i were rolling on the floor at Home depot cracking up !
i m surprised we didn't get kicked out for making such a racket. She kept doing it over and over as i lay on the floor laughing . I know right ? crazy girls !

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9285753

Oh Sue, that is a precious and happy memory of her!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 25, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9285804

i can't hear her voice inside my head anymore ?
when our children are alive . their voices are in your head . you know the sound of their voices... hers is gone :(

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9285870

It will be back, Sue...probably when you least expect it...

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 25, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9286239

yea i guess so. ? she just seems to be slipping away
so i worked in her garden today
tagged plants with my new tags
tried to catch the mole that is digging in Jessica's garden
got some daylilys planted in her garden.
yanked some daylilys out , put them in new location
yanked out a viburnum that got eaten down..
yanked out a weigela . getting a new one
relocated hen and chics in her garden too
was going to plant iris , crocus and some gladiolos
oh i have tons of them and will bring some to the RU. they are either red or purple.
then talked on phone to a friend for a few hrs
that is the low down
made pizza for dinner

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #9286306

Sounds like ou have been busy! Your garden will be so pretty next spring!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 25, 2012
4:36 PM

Post #9286318

i sure hope so
the white butterfly bushes are really big !
i should take pics and post them
i m just batteling this stupid depression and i just don't have the " get up and care about it " that i used to have
but its raining tonight so my new plants i put in the garden are getting a good drink.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

September 25, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #9286328

Still sending hugs and prayers.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 25, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9286339

Sue , it's another timeline you're going through . Your interest in tomorrow will return . Just slower for some than others . You have a lot of horrible things to put in the background . Those thoughts will always rear their ugly head . Be as positive as you can and think of tomorrow . Jessica is back where she was before she was born and is warm in Gods arms again . I wish I could hug you .

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 26, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9287070

I get to the point that i m tired of this process. i want to be happy again. but then you feel guilty cuz that person is dead and gone. its such a vicious cycle ... uhg
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 26, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #9287219

I know , and no one can help you . Give it time , have faith in tomorrow .

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

September 26, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9287309

Praying that you will heal very soon, Sue. Once in a while I think I hear my son's voice and when I'm having computer problems I ask him why he couldn't have stayed with me longer to help me out. He is the one who introduced me to this new way of life.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

September 26, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9287319

i know i should be patient. ITs just so hard to stay strong for the living, I just get so tired .
To keep my cool and hold back tears when i m at the grocery store or with my other kids . I have to stay focused on them too. i can't forget about their needs and wants too. Its not fair to them if i curl up and sleep.
thank you all so much for your kind words and keeping me focused on faith.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

September 27, 2012
4:28 AM

Post #9287660

We are always here Sue no matter when you need us or just for someone to listen. My prayers are constant...
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

September 27, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9287691

Yeah , funny , here lately , Sue , you're about the first thing I think about , before I even get out of bed .
This is for all that have lost a child . (me too ) . It's been almost 60 years and I still get teary. Can't help but wonder, ' what if '?

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2012
4:00 AM

Post #9319853

Sue,
I can't imagine the struggle you're in. I hope someday she can send you a sign that she is so very happy now. I'm sure she is sad to see you so heartbroken. It's all going to take time. Always, ((((((HUGE HUGS)))))) and prayers.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 30, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9319956

wow thought i posted some pics on the thread the other week ?
well apparently i m just finishing stage 3 of the grieving journey. so i m entering stage 4 of the grieving journey
very complex as new emotions have run in my brain and my heart always conflicting wtih one another, gets a bit irritaing at time LOL
halloween is a constant struggle as it was her fav time of year , she was a halloween junkie and loved all the ghoul and gore that came wiht it.
*sigh* i just can't do the gore part . its to fresh still.
i did decorate her garden in the spirit for her
i hope to do this for each season. i want to put a living christmas tree in her garden but i hope i can still get one in ? decorate it with bird treats .
today snow ! yikes

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 30, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9319971

Love the decorations Sue, and I know Gigi does too!

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

October 30, 2012
7:38 AM

Post #9320057

SUE! Did you get that much snow?????? We haven't had any!
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

October 30, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9320262

I still think about you most every day . Hugs
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 30, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9320334

What a great Halloween display! I just know she is loving it!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 30, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9320342

Cookie yes we did maybe up to or over 4 " ! i know right .
thanks i think they are cute too. most of them were on sale LOL
digger that is so sweet of you. sending you a giant (()))

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

October 31, 2012
3:57 AM

Post #9320820

Sue,
I'm sure Gigi's smiling ear to ear over her decorations. I don't think she cares for the gore anymore either. Keep it happy from now on! It's just an awesome garden.
I love the ''Dancing with the fairies'' sign.

Hugs and prayers!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 31, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #9320876

i m going to pain her name in the middle of the sign.
today is halloween and honestly i m just drained emotionaly . kids want to go with friends but that just makes it a longer night for me and i just want to stay home . Its also cold outside ! brrrrrr . rainy and snowing at the same time. yuk.
i will go to the store today and hide candy in our house and in there rooms . LOL hopefully that makes some smiles
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

October 31, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #9321233

My niece was born on Halloween

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 31, 2012
4:36 PM

Post #9321424

hid the candy in the house , kids loved it !
went to a nurseing home for tricks or treats.
then home
glass of wine and tomorrow i will be ok :) no triggers tonight *whew*
would imagine it would be kinda cool to be a halloween baby ?
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

October 31, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9321448

That reminds me, I have a childhood friend who was born on Halloween. I better send him a Happy Birthday email before it's too late!
dispatcher1
Seymour, IN
(Zone 5b)

November 1, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9322143

We had a neighbor who was born on Halloween. Her name was Hallo. I always thought it was pretty cool.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

November 1, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9322152

Instead of Sept 1st , if I had been born four hr's later on the second , I would have had to wait a whole year to start school .
The garden is looking so good .

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 1, 2012
3:20 PM

Post #9322183

hallo is a cool name :)
oh my digger , and only 4 hrs to get you a whole year behind ? LOL thank you. i am excited about all the new peonies and daylilys i planted. I also planted crocus, iris and some hyacinth . sure hope the moles, voles and squirrels don't make it a free buffet

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 2, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9322585

Sue,
Hiding candy. What a cool idea! It was just cold here for Halloween and I put my jammies on. If asked what I was, I was going to say comfortable. No one asked, LOL!!

Hallo, that is awesome!

Digger, smiling. Back in the day eh? My cousin, born in October, was allowed to start kindergarten because she could spell a word. Way back in 1961.

Sue,
Still planting. I gave up a month ago with no rain all summer.
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

November 2, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9322656

Back in '61 , my son was already four . How 'bout going back to '44.
How times change , I didn't learn how to tie my shoes until 1st grade , and so proud of that . Brag a bit . My g g s talks , counts in Spanish , did sign language before talking ,goes through the alphabet without prompting , and makes me feel stupid sometimes . Who knew kids could be taught those things at such a young age ?
We'd love to have you share some funny stories , Sue ,I know you have tons of them . Hugs

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

November 3, 2012
3:04 AM

Post #9323373

Digger,
Smiling. ''Back in the day'' of 1962, I had trouble tying shoes and telling time. I remember the first day I did tie my shoe, but not sure if I was in school yet. I might have been 5. I remember it was summer.
Yikes, that is one accomplished little boy! I have a 6 year old grandchild who is an old soul. Things come naturally to him and yep, he makes me feel dumb.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 3, 2012
9:36 AM

Post #9323593

I still can't tie my shoes LOL
what kind of stories do you want ?
hmmmm let see
when jess was a young teen. we went to the zoo. There was a manatee exhibit.
In a loud voice she calls back to me " hey they got baluga whales " well it is funny because right in front of her was the huge 20'x20' sign that said " MANATEE EXHIBIT " i guess the eye level thing was hard to see ? LOL oh my gosh the looks people gave us ! like we was idiots.
oh and we were in Utah and she saw this " cow " and she told me how huge it was... so we drove by it and well... yes her " cow " had only ONE UDDER . LOL she could always laugh at herself when she did things like that . I was always impressed with it as i m not that way. i shrivel up and die .
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 3, 2012
1:23 PM

Post #9323724

Sounds like bull to me... *ducking and running*

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 4, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9324164

LOL to funny KY
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

November 4, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9324531

Naw , I didn't know kids that age (2 1/2 ) could learn all that stuff . Any of them can if they are taught , in games . He still pees in a potty and when he's through , poops in his pull-ups .
His grandpa , my son , was trained on a regular toilet . I sat in a little chair in front of him and held him so he wouldn't get scared , and of course , had to set him up there . Going back to his baby book , he had it down pat by 2 1/2 . Once he learned to stand in front of the toilet , I caught him standing on the porch outside "going " and waving and sprinkling it all over a litter of six mos old English Setters sleeping in the sun , on the ground .
Sue that is cute , the things kids call animals . What they say about them is a riot . Those are the stories we all like to hear .It's your thread and hope you don't mind it taking this turn .It will give us all a chance to remember so many things about our kids that we don't want to forget . sister love your way , girl .

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 4, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9324601

thanks digger

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 24, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9341441

decorations for Gigi's garden
Them is Island Of Misfit Toys from the Rudolf movie
it was our fav.

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors      

digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

November 24, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9341505

When it's all decorated , be sure and post us a picture . Hugs ,

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 24, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9341633

Can't wait to see it all lit up!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 25, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9341812

its so cold out and i m the only one doing this. Yes pics are a must ! I m hoping that my friend Ric will come and do some night photos for me.
I hope to start working on her garden this week.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 25, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9342402

spent 5 hrs laying out the extension cords and putting the characters together.
it felt good to be out in her garden.

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 25, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9342404

we still have more to do .
so don't go away LOL
more to come in the next few days.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 25, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9342455

Will Bumble be there with Herbie????

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 26, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #9342712

Yes i have a Henry and yes i ran out of steam but Bumble will be out there too.
good morning
and brrrrrr. its 20's out today for us. brrrrrr.
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 26, 2012
3:57 PM

Post #9343237

How cute! Can't wait to see it all put together!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 27, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9344017

new pics

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   

digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

November 27, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9344052

That looks like a good place to sit back with good memories . Bet Gigi will be enjoying it with you too . Have faith , hugs , my dear .
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

November 27, 2012
3:52 PM

Post #9344069

Beautiful!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 27, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9344171

i do love sitting out there . with the weather so cold my plastic chair broke LOL me and my fat butt , all came tumbling down LOL

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2012
9:13 PM

Post #9344377

Love the decorations! Enjoy your time sitting out there!

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

November 28, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #9344845

Great meditation place in Gigi's garden. Such a lovely area you have to put that beautiful garden.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 30, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9346467

i can't wait until spring when we got a arch gazebo thingy , a bench and some more grass around the garden with daffodils and some larger tree's . it will make a nice sitting place
here are more pics of her holiday garden
added lights to the tree, butterfly and angel ornaments . made hats for the turtle Bob.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 30, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9346468

oh poo ! i did the same pics twice duh.

Thumbnail by taynors
Click the image for an enlarged view.

digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

November 30, 2012
4:18 PM

Post #9346490

Ha ha , you're normal .

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 1, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9346769

good morning
i did some cement work yesterday. i took 16 oz cups put quickcrete in them stuck an artificial flower in . i hope this way they don't blow away
i will take a pictures for sure yeppers.

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

December 1, 2012
10:29 AM

Post #9346926

Pretty clever with "cement" flower pots for the flowers. I never can come up with alternatives to my problems. LOL

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 1, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9346959

very easy to do. mix quickcrete with water in 16 oz plastic cup . stick in flower, let dry.
its not a part of jessica's garden but she is cute

Thumbnail by taynors

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9347150

LOL Cute pup!
Everything looks great--love the turtle's hat!
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

December 2, 2012
10:20 AM

Post #9347678

Taynors , is that your choc. lab ?

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 2, 2012
12:44 PM

Post #9347820

yep that is our Lucy.
we had a small storm. nothing to major. I was worried about the wind.
but everything in her garden still is intact.
but our house christmas lights are not working ?
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

December 3, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #9348570

That's my rescue chihuahua's name . She moved in and took over the first day she was here .

joycet

joycet
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)

December 9, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9353721

Looks great Sue! I think you should leave your lighted angel up year round!
AnnieBBB

(Zone 5b)

December 9, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #9353884

I'm just starting to get caught up on DG once again. Sue, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. You are in my thoughts and prayers, big hugs to you and your family!

XO

AnnieBBB

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 9, 2012
3:28 PM

Post #9354008

thanks Annie.
cookie yea i may just do that.
not much going on in the garden . so not much pictures to post
but here is our dog Lucy :)

We are teaching her to respect "personal space"
it may work ... .it could happen ?

Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors   Thumbnail by taynors      

KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 9, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9354098

LOL She's not spoiled rotten, is she?

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 9, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #9354133

no not at all.
she will put her face 1/2" away from your lips , just to say " hello my name is Lucy , you smell like bacon " .

Celene

Celene
Columbus, OH

January 10, 2013
5:35 PM

Post #9381459

I can show you how to teach that, lol. I laugh because Belle is sleeping on me right now.

I love following this garden.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

January 10, 2013
7:01 PM

Post #9381566

well i took all the christmas decorations down in her garden today. we finaly got a warm spell and defrosted LOL
got some new christmas decorations at 90% off at hobby lobby !!
found some St.Patricks day stuff too but not on sale. Some things to decorate her garden. She loved being Irish !
Valentine Day i will not celebrate. Love is what killed her. Maybe its wrong to feel that way ? but this year it ain't gonna happen for me.
She loved Matt with all her heart, she would have done anything for him.
I wish she knew how much she was loved by us. She just never seemed to understand that ?
ok i ask you this
on her birdbath. i taped some garland on it and well taking it off . The patina ( paint ) came off too. For the money we spent on it over $900.00 . I ask you " should the patina ( paint ) be peeling off ? "
I know usually one doesn't tape garland on a birdbath per say , but really ?
hugs
sue
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
3:59 PM

Post #9382282

Wow, that bites! I'd ask the place where you bought it about how to fix it. It does seem like it shouldn't be that fragile.
Loving the wrong person is what killed her. You could celebrate the love you have for her.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

January 11, 2013
4:03 PM

Post #9382285

just seems the paint comes off with the slight sun, wind or tape ?
digger9083
Dahlonega, GA

January 12, 2013
9:51 AM

Post #9382776

I realise in my past , there were several men I "loved " . Now I know it was just an obsession and not love . A woman as young as Gigi wouldn't know the difference either . Youth isn't calm , it's volatile .No one should have to endure what she did in the name of love . And the survivors are the ones that suffer the longest . It's a lifetime sentence and I wish I could take some of the weight off your shoulders . Everyone here that knows the story , I'm sure , feels the same . I'm wrapping you in warm , soft love , as only another mother or father can .

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

January 12, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9383040

yes that is so true digger. She had no idea what love really is . That age no one truly does . Domestic violence is a silent killer. We had no idea how bad it was getting for her.
thank you for your kind words and support.
well i got some wind chimes up in her garden today.
weather was in the low 60's ! felt nice .
our dog Lucy
such a tough life

Thumbnail by taynors

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ohio River Valley Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden Plant Lists with Invasives? tabasco 80 Aug 1, 2011 6:49 AM
Let's go gardening! Terry 1 Jul 9, 2008 12:16 AM
Adams County Amish Bird Symposium: March 3, 2007 tabasco 6 Sep 7, 2008 10:34 PM
Cincinnati Flower Show 2007 "Play in the Dirt" tabasco 18 Apr 21, 2007 7:48 AM
ORV Spring Plant Swap/Potluck Questions Illoquin 154 Mar 12, 2007 9:21 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America