Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Northeast Gardening: FREE FOR THE TAKING - SALMON HIBISCUS IN 20 " POT

Communities > Forums > Northeast Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Northeast GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

JBerger

JBerger
Wrightstown, NJ
(Zone 7a)

September 15, 2012
7:02 AM

Post #9275815

THIS SALMON HIBISCUS IS OLD, BIG, HEALTHY AND POT BOUND...IT IS TOO BIG FOR ME TO KEEP IN THE GREENHOUSE ANY LONGER AND I DO NOT WANT IT TO DIE OVER THE WINTER. IT IS FREE FOR THE TAKING AND IT WILL TAKE A PICKUP OR LARGE VEHICLE TO HAUL IT. IT IS VERY HEAVY. IT IS GETTING READY TO BLOOM AGAIN.
IT BLOOMS YEAR ROUND IN THE RIGHT CONDITIONS.

I hope someone in the surrounding area has a place for it. It is such a big plant and so heavy I just can not ship it anyplace.
I have kept it trimmed back but it still keeps growing. It stays outside from April until October but then we are pushing our luck here at the farm because it gets really cold. I have it sitting between the yard beside the AC and the deck in a corner where it gets only Morning sun for now. It was out in full sun, partial sun, late afternoon sun, it just seems to love almost anyplace you put it if you keep it watered and keep it in a big enough pot. I think it would fit in a muck bucket for a few years if you cut holes in the muck bucket for drainage.. That was going to be my next container for it, but the Aimees took up so much room in the GH that this has to go. Pass the word around if you will please.

Thumbnail by JBerger
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 16, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9277093

I am hoping some others see this, JBerger. I wish I could.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

September 16, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9277177

I wish I had a place to store it over the winter
Sarahskeeper
Brockton, MA
(Zone 6a)

September 18, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #9279202

Good Luck
I have a couple that overwinter in the unheated basement. They bounce back fast when returned to the yard.
Andy P

JBerger

JBerger
Wrightstown, NJ
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9279744

I FOUND A HOME FOR IT. THANKS FOR YOUR TROUBLE AND BE HAPPY IT WILL GO ON LIVING. LOL

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9279783

Glad you found it a home
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 19, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9279792

Yippee!!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Northeast Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Glad you're better Dave Anitabryk2 209 May 19, 2007 12:03 AM
Cortaderia selloana (Pampas grass) as annual zone5girl 4 Jun 16, 2007 3:41 AM
Mammoth Elephant Ear Janecline 18 May 16, 2007 2:52 PM
Hi. I would like to join your Forum - if it is OK. AYankeeCat 42 Dec 9, 2007 5:56 PM
Rosemary hardiness in CT? jjpm74 26 May 19, 2007 10:16 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America