Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Computer Talk: ICab no longer working to post pictures on iPad

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 5, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

September 15, 2012
8:27 PM

Post #9276310

I was so happy when I found ICab and was finally able to post pictures from my iPad. But all of a sudden it's not working! I see the choose file button, the box comes up, I choose my shot and hit Use this Photo... And it doesn't load. I tried choosing the lowest resolution in case that was the problem but it still didn't post.

I posted this on Dave's Garden Forum, Terry thought I might find a solution here. Does anyone have another idea for a workaround?

Thanks, Pam

Btw, I never had the distortion problem that plagued some others, my pictures were always good. I'm using the original iPad, maybe that's why?

GardenGuyKin

GardenGuyKin
Portland, OR
(Zone 8a)

September 19, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9280518

The new iOS update is in and we can post ...yippeeee

Thumbnail by GardenGuyKin
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

September 20, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9281383

Which iPad do you have? Mine is the original. Settings says I have the latest version, but I know they are not supporting the original in IOS 6. Maybe it's time to move up?
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

September 20, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9281384

Which iPad do you have? Mine is the original. Settings says I have the latest version, but I know they are not supporting the original in IOS 6. I still can't post. Maybe it's time to move up?

GardenGuyKin

GardenGuyKin
Portland, OR
(Zone 8a)

September 21, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #9281825

Hi Pam, I have iPad 3 and before iOS 6 update was unable to load pics from the pad. Now with the new update its a breeze. I have noticed that there is a distortion in the photos depending on the orientation of how you take the photos. Holding the iPad with home button on Right side has best results.

I just received an update alert for Icab, did you?
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

September 21, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9281872

Hi GG Kim...thanks for the suggestion. I just updated iCab, but still no luck. The update must be mainly for iOS6, which won't work on mine. I think I'm going to have to see about getting a new one. I've heard that the next iPad, due soon, will be smaller, but I like the original size. Once the new one comes out, though, the others will be cheaper I hope.

I never had the distortion problem. All my pictures were taken with my iPhone or regular camera, then transferred to the iPad (the original doesn't have a camera).

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America