Photo by Melody

Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easy: Moles, learn to live with them.

Communities > Forums > Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easy
bookmark
Forum: Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easyReplies: 5, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dordee
Silex, MO

September 17, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9277976

I have tried just about every known method to get rid of them and the voles, mice and shrews that use their runs. They are the ones who eat the tulips, etc. I have 7 cats, and one of them is a very agressive hunter. Even he can not keep up with the moles, voles, mice and shrews. Moles come for the nice juicy worms in your carefully cultivated lawn and flower beds. They also like japanese Beetle grubs. I seem to have less tunnels if I can keep down the japanese Beetles. Worms I have to keep, they till and fertilize the soil for me. Actually, moles help ariate the soil also, they just make an unsightly mess while they are at it.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 18, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9278745

Well, you just need to step on the tunnels everytime you see they appear in your garden. And you can try the marigold and daffodill barrier too.
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

October 15, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9305978

Moles eat the worms and make the tunnels through which the voles scamper to eat the bulbs. After spending a lot of time, and wasting a lot of water washing the dirt back down into the holes, I have learned to just live and let live. AND - bulbs get planted in containers only!!!!!!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 15, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9306127

Did the voles eat many of your bulbs?
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

October 21, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9311188

Yep - on the voles/bulbs. Had a huge circle of tulips all in bloom stage or near to it, when they suddenly went into wilt mode. I knew they were not lacking water - so I did some investigative digging and found the munched bulbs. I might not have even noticed if it had been a singleton loss, but this was an entire "patch".

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 21, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9311218

I'm sorry for your tulips. had some hyacinths which never sprout again after the first year I had a mole...it seems the voles ate their bulbs too.

Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How to get rid of a mole, nice and easy Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I've given up 1_Lucky_Texan 7 Sep 17, 2012 1:44 PM
CO2 bombs Gitagal 1 Sep 14, 2012 8:43 AM
Great article kwanjin 6 Sep 18, 2012 7:45 AM
another reason to not have a lawn... QueenThumb 1 Sep 18, 2012 7:47 AM
Mr. Mole jazzy1okc 5 Sep 19, 2012 12:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America