AuthorContent

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9279505

I would humbly ask for each of your prayers and if your church has a prayer chain that you add our Becky to it. She received the devastating news yesterday that she's been diagnosed with cancer. She doesn't know much more than that...she'll be meeting with her doctor and having a CT done that will provide the additional information needed to determine the treatment route that will be taken. Becky has been through so much starting at a tender age. Those that know her - know her for the strong 'trooper' she is..the animal rights advocate she steadfastly volunteers much time for...the loyal steadfast friend that you're blessed to have in your corner. Now it's HER turn to need folks in her corner...prayer warriors that will hold her up and her amazing hubby, Greg. Please pray as led...personally I'm praying for God's protection, comfort, peace and strength...for the both of them...and of course the healing we knew He can provide. Thank each of you for remembering them in prayers - hugs to all.

Thumbnail by Chantell   Thumbnail by Chantell
Click an image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 18, 2012
8:26 PM

Post #9279548

Oh Chantell!
Becky is such a treasure to all of us in Mid Atlantic ,so 'will do" gladly. Comfort, strength, God's protection, peace, those all sound good to me.
Thank you for letting us know.
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2012
3:29 AM

Post #9279658

Chantell: That is sobering and worrisome news. We will of course pray for Becky's health, protection and peace -- and for to be back on her feet with this chapter behind her as soon as possible.

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 19, 2012
4:34 AM

Post #9279685

We will add her to our prayers each time we pray (which is very often, these days)

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2012
4:37 AM

Post #9279688

Oh no. I will definitely be praying for her. I have seen first hand that prayer and positive energy do have an impact. I was looking at the picture of Becky and thinking that it captures her spirit perfectly - beautiful, laughing, and just Becky in a nutshell. Then I was looking at the angel picture and thinking how serene the setting is. It is the kind of place where I really feel God's presence, the kind of place where I do find myself praying, and then I realized it was the angel in my hillside shade garden! You have amazing photography skills. Sending prayers Becky's way... Terri
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 19, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9279782

Will definitely add her to our list. Peace, comfort, wisdom and strength for both her and Greg. The power of prayer is strong. Hugs

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9279796

Praying for healing and comfort for both her and her hubby

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 19, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9279885

Prayers and positive thoughts being sent her way.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9279904

Praying and lifting you up for healing, comfort, grace, and strength. Your innate stubbornness determination will see you through... and we will keep you "wrapped up in hugs" (Joyanna's phrase) and love.

ecnalg

ecnalg
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9279966

Wrapped up in hugs is a wonderful thought. Our prayers join those of many others.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 19, 2012
12:34 PM

Post #9280233

Thanks all! Just came back from CT, should know tomorrow exactly what it is & what I'm facing...I'm already in survivor mode...I can & will beat this!

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 19, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #9280252

We don't know each other, I just wanted to say I've added you to my prayer list for a COMPLETE RECOVERY! Yes survivor mode is good.

Jan
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 19, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9280257

Such sad news, Beck is a fighter and she will come out of this strong and healthy. My thoughts and prayers going your way.
UMD_Terp
Central, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9280297

My thoughts are with you and your family Beck. Being outside and in the garden is my biggest stress reliever and relief from the world.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 19, 2012
4:08 PM

Post #9280415

UMD_Terp wrote:My thoughts are with you and your family Beck. Being outside and in the garden is my biggest stress reliever and relief from the world.

true of many if us I think, Me too. It's heartens ME to hear Bec's fighting spirit here and on FB. Go Becky!! I hope you get "good' news tomorrow.

donnerville

donnerville
Damascus, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 19, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #9280523

Oh, Becky!!! I was totally in shock! My thoughts are with you and your family!! Wish you well. I know you will beat it!

Thumbnail by donnerville
Click the image for an enlarged view.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2012
3:35 AM

Post #9280781

I am also in agreement in prayer for you Becky, our God is a God of Love, of Peace, and of Victory!! Let's just claim that victory for you right now! And from now until you see the evidence of that victory, I pray also that He keep you wrapped up in hugs! (I gotta say, Joyanna is brilliant!)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9280836

Thinking of you today, Becky, as you do the CT scan... hope you can take your mind away to your last vacation, or your back deck with its bounty of blooms, or somewhere pleasant and distracting while that machine whirls around! I know it'll be a tough night waiting to hear the report tomorrow... praying for grace -- and for good news!!
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2012
5:41 AM

Post #9280846

Our thoughts and prayers are with you today. Thankyou for sharing this with us. May all those health care people you meet today be blessings and blessed, supported in the peace that passes understanding. Via con Dios.

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9280851

Becky, you are in my thoughts today. Good luck.
rubyw
Crozet, VA

September 20, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9280973

Am joining in with others in prayer agreement. Becky, I have said this before and will say it again...please allow us all the privilege of seeing you through this difficult time. Do not hesitate to ask for whatever you need. In true MAG's spirit, we will be there for you.

I know personally the healing and ministering spirit of this group. I had been here only a short time before getting the same diagnosis, six plus years ago. I felt as if not for Dave's Garden extra special people and the joy I derived from working outdoors with my garden, I would have had a much tougher time.

In case I haven't thanked all of you before now, I will take this opportunity to tell you all that I know your love and caring played a major part in having my case go as smoothly as it did.

Again Becky, please do not hesitate for ask for any sort of assistance. For now, we all pray. Yes maam, you can do it if anyone can.

Ruby

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9281127

Update: I now have a name for "it" - Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the cervix - so yes, the woman with a total hysterectomy has cervical cancer...with lesions on the liver...it is one of the most treatable cancers, it responds well to both chemo and radiation - might need surgery to locate the blasted remnants left behind 10 years ago...will know this afternoon what treatment and then I need to see a GYN oncologist as well - this is much better news than I was expecting!!!! :)
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9281199

One giant phew from me! Great news! See what a little collective prayer can do?

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2012
12:55 PM

Post #9281273

So glad for you!

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2012
1:38 PM

Post #9281321

Glad to hear it is one of the most treatable

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9281371

Apparently the other doc had it all wrong and treatment won't be anywhere near as easy as expected...the oncologist I saw today can and will consider himself fired...he gave me an expiration date and had absolutely not hope to give me - I'm aiming for Walter Reed or Cancer Treatment Centers of America
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9281381

Oh Becky, Yes go for another opinion.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #9281391

Another opinion!!! We are behind you and your fighting spirit 100 %. (((HUGS)))

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9281530

Man oh man. Things can be such a roller coaster. Just hang on , all downs have ups.
Gracye
Warrenton, VA

September 20, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9281541

Dearest Becky, may your love of Nature send love and healing back to you and surround every cell with health. Go outside some night and sit under a big tree, probably an old, gnarley Oak, and look up at the Heavens...and let there be peace for you. Whatever your destiny on Earth, for however long, as for all of us, may the grace of God surround you always, kind soul.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9281576

A roller coaster, indeed... sheesh, you're just starting into the diagnostic phase, and until the "whatever" on the liver gets biopsied, there's no telling for sure that it's even a cancerous lesion... Yep, fire that doc but quick. So I'm praying for the liver "lesions" to turn out to be random bits of scar tissue. Clear diagnosis, successful treatment, and quick healing... and strength and grace while you get through the "what have we here" phase and into the "how are we going to kick it to the curb" phase.

Love you, Becky.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 20, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #9281595

Thank you Becky for the update, will continue with prayers for complete recovery.

Jan

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 20, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9281598

Well, I doubt it's benign lesions - but, I'm calling INOVA tomorrow...also checking on Walter Reed & Hopkins - doc is fired big time, no way am I going back - INOVA has fab reputation & in the top ten in the US...I'm not ready to accept an expiration date :-)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 20, 2012
8:33 PM

Post #9281653

No way, no how are we accepting that!

F.L.A.G.!

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2012
3:15 AM

Post #9281803

Oh yes, second, and even THIRD opinions are a MUST!!! (had a similar situation with my Little Mamma recently, who had been given an expiration date,.. AFTER having been given a roller coaster ride from the first QUACK. Now she has a REAL doctor and is doing wonderfully!! AND seems to have 'misplaced' her expiration date!!) Definitely a new, REAL doctor is in order for you, and with prayers, we will help you to misplace your expiration date!!! < =D
GOD CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 21, 2012
4:22 AM

Post #9281819

Becky, keeping fingers crossed here. You go girl!
rubyw
Crozet, VA

September 21, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9281960

So sorry that you find yourself on a roller coaster this week. Good grief...I thought I was the only unlucky person who tended to get the lowest one percent of the medical graduating classes. As Jill said, you will have to keep your mind as alert as it has ever been in order to survive less than great physicians. I was amazed during the years when dealing with breast cancer and the reconstruction how always at the very last minute I was told something new in regards to the treatment. Being told things at the last minute doesn't allow a person to give proper thought to which way to go with things. Good thing that you have some experience already dealing with doctors who can't completely understand what is going with your body.

Knowing you I don't see you laying down and allowing another mere human to give you expiration dates and such. As so many of us are here to attest, we baffle the medical community over and over, year in and year out. The spirit of life that we all know you have will serve you well. I agree with Happy and believe that our messages to the Universe are working on your behalf. Please continue to update as you walk your way through this maze.

Thinking kind thoughts of you today.

Ruby

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 21, 2012
8:44 AM

Post #9282026

Checking in to see that Bec's update y'all...keep on praying...hugs to all

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2012
9:29 AM

Post #9282077

They are working real hard at getting me in to Walter Reed - who collaborates with Hopkins, and they are THE best!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9282450

I now have an apt with a new oncologist - who at least looks good on paper (thanks Happy!) - a PET scan Tuesday, on the list with NIH for a clinical study and while all of this truly sucks - I have more hope! I took great pleasure in telling Doc I that I was getting a new doc and a new opinion - I appreciate the support and prayers so much - it means the world to me/us!!! Walter Reed is still very much in the mix and so is Hopkins, surgeon and GP will write all the letters I need to go there if that is what I want & they have contacts there...also contacts at the National Cancer Institute

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9282486

You go girl!!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9282536

Good going!!! You have been very busy today!! Very hopeful! Maybe Doc 1 will learn some bedside manners.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 21, 2012
8:57 PM

Post #9282696

F.L.A.G.!

I pretty much credit my Johns Hopkins team and my superb oncologist here in Frederick with saving my life. (Well, at least they get the medical side of the credit) Daily trips to JH during radiation treatment were a pain for sure, but we wanted that level of expertise, to feel we were attacking the cancer with everything possible. I've heard excellent things about Walter Reed, also. Even more than for surgery & radiation, I think you need an excellent oncologist you can really trust to provide aggressive chemotherapy to kill the cancer without damaging you overmuch in the process.

It's hard, because you feel such time pressure -- you want it Gone Now -- but it's worth taking the extra time for 2nd & 3rd opinions, for additional tests & biopsies, etc. so that when you start treatment you're confident this is the best path to recovery.

Glad you gave that first doc the boot. Bet Greg wanted to shove him through a wall (at least that was my own feeling about him!).

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 21, 2012
9:52 PM

Post #9282719

Yes, I need a quarterback leading my team...I spoke to so many people today who were very, very encouraging...I'm assembling my team, just need that QB - I have SO many options available to me, we do have the top hospitals in the country & I have fabulous insurance...so yesterday was a set-back, today we soldier on! I have people all over the world rooting for me & prayers, soooo many prayers...which Chantell has taught me it's ok to ask for - Jill, we were too stunned for Greg to want to punch him, that part came later on :-) the knucklehead doc did do a good thing, he did call the NIH to get me on list or trials...

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
10:20 PM

Post #9282723

When it was thought when I was very young ,it was a doctor in disagreement at aHawley army hospital that sent me through my parent to Walter reed ,not only had they done a brand new nerve surgery on my sister's hand enabling the continued use of her hand , they diagnosed my thought to be illness (cancer) as a phosphide disorder at Walter reed in conjuction with J Hopkins
Well then once after that a doctor wanted to do experimental sugery on one of my kidneys,Gave that an exuberant no and went on to live a fairly good life.Well 40 later I had to have a kindney removed because of a melanoma tumor. Now I am years older still , and have this to say to you, keep searching for people that know what they are doing and never stop learning all you can. Years and years more are yours and obtainable as you are doing, as it sounds like you are well aware of what you need to do.
There are many good medical techniques and people today that weren't around back then .Today's practitioners are the only reason many of us including myself are still here and living.There are many good treatments only you have to find them in part .My prayers and faith and knowing you will indeed be well again, the very best to you in your effort to recover ,a survivor of two.
rubyw
Crozet, VA

September 22, 2012
7:54 AM

Post #9282954

Seems as though the thread is full of survivors. Becky, knowing you just a little, gives me the hope that you will take this whole ordeal with the strength, power and zeal that you do with other of your interests. You are so right in saying that you happen to live in an area of the country that has the very best health care practitioners available to you. Heck, my docs here have sent to Johns Hopkins on two different occasions when they were baffled in what to do for me next.

Yes, I agree with Chantell in that times like these, we must allow others to take part in our recovery and to do things that would make life a bit less stressful for you. It is okay to ask for what you need. Thing is, that most of us need to be told, because they didn't teach "Caring 101" in our schools and I believe I speak for most here, we would like to be of aid, but really need for you to give us ideas of ways to help.

Please know that continued prayers are being lifted. Look for ways to have some fun this weekend. Love you lady.

Ruby
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 22, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #9283037

Seconding that "tell us what would help" request...

Lifting you up in prayer this morning, Becky, and hoping you're getting this pretty sunny weather also to lift your spirits. If possible, take some "time out" with Greg this weekend, drive out to an apple orchard, ride a roller coaster, go hit some balls at the local driving range, whatever... just get out, away from your research on the computer, and do something fun together.

HUGS

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9283048

Winston Churchill said "When you're going through hell...keep going"

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9283081

Exactly Sally! Woke up today feeling 100% better than I did 24 hrs ago, rejuvenated, ready and in fighting spirit - I'm SO ready to go to serious battle, try any treatment and like I said to a friend last night - if "it's poisonous, nuclear or glowing" - bring it on!!! I found my inner giggle again, humor IS good and a great weapon when the going gets tough!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9283303

Onward and upward! Lifting prayers here for the team you are grouping together. Thirding the " let us know what you need" idea. Having a funny bone surely helps. Praying for a restful evening
ssgardener
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 22, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9283342

Becky, I'm sending you lots of hope and positive thoughts.

Here's a little visual for cancer recovery from a journalist who recently went through breast cancer treatments:

[HYPERLINK@twitter.com]

It sounds like you've already had a couple of twists, but I hope the rest of your journey is a straight arrow towards recovery!

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9283804

Becky, so glad to hear your inner giggle has return, keep laughing at it as your way of letting this thing know you AREN'T going down.

Thanks so much for the updates and I'm so glad you live where you do as there are many great doctors and hospitals in the area, I've been gone from Alexanderia for 27 years, still miss it, but glad to be in a lower profile area now.

Stay positive, that socks the devil in the gut.

Jan
rubyw
Crozet, VA

September 23, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #9283851

Yep, can relate to the straight arrow theory or hope and the reality of it. Wonderful news about the inner giggle coming back Becky. Jill has great advice too in regards of getting out and about. It truly does help to change the routine a bit and get our blood flowing. All in all, you have loads of folks who are going to walk this walk with you, and that is will be one of the most important things going. Yes, please keep with the updates.

Smooches all around...

Ruby
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 23, 2012
10:43 AM

Post #9283962

I'm seconding Ruby's smooches...

JBerger

JBerger
Wrightstown, NJ
(Zone 7a)

September 23, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #9283966

Bec_No_Va wrote:Thanks all! Just came back from CT, should know tomorrow exactly what it is & what I'm facing...I'm already in survivor mode...I can & will beat this!

That's the way to go girl. I spent 10 years as Exec. Dir. of the American Cancer Society and I can tell you from experience that the people who beat this darn Big C are the ones who face it with your attitude. Keep on with a positive attitude and that will cure you faster than any of the Chemo or Radiation. Of course they do help, but without the kind of heart you have they may as well forget it. I am here if you want to talk privately anytime. Do what the doctors tell you and just remember to think happy thoughts. You Will Survive I am sure and you can be sure with a group like this praying for you how can those prayers not be heard. Here is a hug from this old girl and be a good girl and do what they tell you. JB
VA_Wild_Rose
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 23, 2012
8:27 PM

Post #9284470

Becky...

You are in my thoughts and prayers! I know you are strong, and can get through this trial! Chin up! You have a great support system and many praying for you! Thinking of you and sending good vibes for strength, courage, and healing!

Karen

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 24, 2012
1:32 PM

Post #9285086

Update: and this week looks MUCH better already - I have my PET scan and new and improved oncologist apt tomorrow, Thursday Walter Reed and Hopkins is now involved as well - the NIH called me, there IS a trial Phase I going on (not a blind study) - so they will wait for the results of any tests...I'm beginning to get a phenomenal team going

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
1:34 PM

Post #9285091

That's great!

donnerville

donnerville
Damascus, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #9285193

Becky, that sounds very encouraging. Keep my fingers crossed!
rubyw
Crozet, VA

September 24, 2012
2:37 PM

Post #9285208

Great news Becky...
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9285329

Whooo--eee!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 24, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9285409

You GO! Any panicky feelings sure do subside once a PLAN starts coming together. *hugs*

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 25, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #9285750

Great news that things are starting to take shape for you. Thank you again for the update. I know there are many folks sending healing prayers for you and with that you will get better!

Jan
rubyw
Crozet, VA

September 25, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #9285794

Waving hello from Crozet Virginia...
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9285816

VERY encouraging news for sure!! Will be praying. I'll share these updates tomorrow night with our prayer group.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2012
10:58 AM

Post #9286088

I know I haven't been saying much here, but I have been keeping the pray-er going for you Becky!!

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 25, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9286160

Great news on the doc Team coming together. Along with all your DG family, I'm thinking of you often and believing with every bit of postive energy I can muster that all will be well. Terri

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9286243

Update: so, we headed to do the PET scan, tired, hungry and all of that - didn't have to drink anything, just an injection - only thing I reacted to, the scan was done in a mobile trailer - so I'm sitting there, in a fairly comfortable chair, covered in a blanket and next to me are at least 10 containers marked "caution, radioactive"...we get the CD's, head to F' fax and docs office...grab some lunch, I was freaking famished - did all the paperwork, met with assistant (who told me asshat doc was just rude!!) - finally meet new onc and by now I'm a shaky mess...we chatted, we looked at scan, we chatted and looked at scan some more - yes, I have stage 4 liver cancer, but no other lesions are showing - no, we still don't know where it is coming from - yes, it is treatable and yes, that will start sooner than later - after I see a few more specialists trying to figure out exactly where it originated...:)

This message was edited Sep 25, 2012 6:20 PM
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9286280

One step at a time. The song Stronger by Mandisa comes to mind. Rest well tonight!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 25, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9286380

All my best wishes for you both- Becky, and Greg, the other half!
Just watched Survivorman , in Norway- the spruce covered in snow, the fjords...what a beautiful country, that makes beautiful people...

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

September 26, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9286626

becky how can it be stage 4 if it hasn't spread, did the dr say how many tumors they saw from the CT? (sorry my uncle had liver cancer.

Jan

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2012
9:18 AM

Post #9286868

That's just it, it has spread from somewhere else...hence the stage 4 - now that they know where it came from a treatment regiment can start soon
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9286898

I think it is a sheer miracle that you were able to coordinate this all in the blink of an eye. Absolutely amazing work!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9286912

My painintheassedness comes in handy!
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

September 26, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #9286924

Beck, This is Ric, You are often in my thoughts and more often in my prayers. If anyone has the right stuff to beat this you do. I have never met Greg, but he sounds like a rock you can depend on. Do your utmost and keep your lovely smile.Thinking of you and praying for you. Ric

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9287304

Bec--

Coming a bit late to this Thread...forgot to click "watch this Thread"...
Just read all the posts--and you have amazing support right here.

I know you are tough--and will kick this. The old Viking mentality...

Wishing you well always--and keeping you in my thoughts. Gita

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9287386

Bec - come on over the thread on the prayer forum and say hi to those kind folks praying for you as well http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1280765/

Just sent an invite to our friends over on 'Pet forum' to come join in support and prayers...

This message was edited Sep 26, 2012 9:13 PM

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 26, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9287448

((((Bec))))) I had posted on FB but wanted to send my thoughts and prayers from here too. Your "painintheassedness" is the BEST strongpoint you need right now. Push that button and ask ALL the questions you can, keep notes and notebooks.

And remember, regarding that first "now fired" doctor. No where on your body is stamped an expiration date...Can't believe he did that!!!

My aunt, not too far from you, is going through ovarian, stage 3...and is doing amazing. I will find out what hospital she was at. (Lives in Williamsburg).

If I can do anything...let me know.

Lots of love and hugs to you my friend, and Greg and the furbabies too!

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 27, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9287708

Morning Bec have been following on FB. Sending you strength and whatever else you need.
Hugs
Vicki and Ty

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9288103

Thanks again for all the wonderful support - I now have a kick-ass team in place, Walter Reed is incredible, my doc is awesome, the team is awesome and I feel like I have the best support and care I could wish for - doc even hugged me :-) We won't know the final results and decisions until Tuesday - they did some tests, they want to review all the scans and biopsies with their own specialists - they have a team meeting on Tuesday and we see them at 2 PM & we'll get presented all the options, until then we are going to relax, enjoy the weekend knowing that we have everything in place for the fight!! :) A HUGE weight has been lifted off my/our shoulders and my blood pressure is finally back to normal! :)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 27, 2012
1:44 PM

Post #9288150

Bec, that is wonderful news. Fingers, toes and everything I can crossed...prayers sent and good thought will continue through,.

Might I suggest between now and then you get a tape recorder or such...and tape the conversation between the docs and you for the appointment.
It really helps play back when you get home and can think.

(((((Bec)))))) lots of hug,
Debbie
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2012
1:59 PM

Post #9288157

Woohoo!!! Doing a happy dance here. Til Tuesday then

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 27, 2012
9:15 PM

Post #9288490

Becky you are truly a remarkable woman. Keep fighting. Keep pushing the medical community. You can beat this!!!!

One day while I was at M.D.Anderson Cancer Center in Houston with my husband who was undergoing testing, I overheard a woman on the phone tearfully say to her family with great joy, "They don't know what happened! It's gone! There is nothing there!" Miracles do happen.

I am asking God and His Angel Band to support you and your husband during this difficult time and send you a miracle cure.

Hugs and Prayers,

Bonnie (*_*)
VA_Wild_Rose
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2012
10:05 PM

Post #9288512

{{{{{hugs}}}}} Becky!
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9288700

I love to hear your stories of pulling together a great medical team -- that's the kind of proactivity that creates the best outcomes. Way to go!

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9289452

651 views Bec...SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE TIMES you've been in someone's thoughts and prayers... Next? The Voice!!! Love you!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

September 28, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9289480

Chantell you are such a blessing!!! I am so glad Bec has you to cheer her on...sure have missed you both on here. Wish we were not gathering because of illness!!!

Hugs,
Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 29, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9289652

Morning and sending strength!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 29, 2012
6:08 AM

Post #9289706

Thinking of and praying for a good, restful weekend for you, dear

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 29, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9289792

Thank you everyone! We're having the best weekend possible, relaxing - hanging with the critters, meeting Chantell for dinner :-) MIL is coming week after next & she'll stay as long as needed - having her here will be awesome, both for us & her - she's a 12 year survivor of a very rare cancer & she faced it with strength, faith & hope...she's my 'mom' & we're even closer connected now than ever :-)
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 29, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9289795

Good morning! Glad to hear your MIL is coming... remember, Joyanna & I aren't very far away, either, so let us know if you need dinner or if Joyanna needs to come "wrap you up in hugs." :-)
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

September 29, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9289811

Love that term!!! Glad you will have your MIL's support as well.
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2012
8:15 AM

Post #9289820

It's gonna be a beautiful weekend outside to soak in some love...

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2012
8:48 AM

Post #9289841

Y'all are AMAZING!!!! I know Becky feels the love and support...I just want to thank each of you for the time you spend in prayer for her each and every day. Her MIL is an equally amazing woman you can easily see, when in her presence, how Bec got blessed with her guy!!!

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 29, 2012
10:56 AM

Post #9289983

Thinking about you today, hope you are enjoying this wonderful fall feeling day.

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2012
10:59 AM

Post #9289985

Me too. You are always in my thoughts and prayers these days.
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

September 29, 2012
11:51 AM

Post #9290027

I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you before but I have added you to my prayer list and thoughts. Are you at the old Walter Reed or over at Bethesda Naval? Or did they move the old Walter Reed over to Va? We have several military personnel going to our church. Some were at the old Walter Reed, one retired but he wouldn't have the expertise you need anyhow. Have several USN friends at Bethesda Navy if you go there.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 29, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9290052

I'm at Bethesda - which is now Walter Reed :-)
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

September 30, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #9290704

Thinking of you this morning Becky as the sun was rising and I was finishing my paper route. On Sundays I give my self oodles of permission to just enjoy the journey in the quiet peacefullness of daybreak without 'hurrying' to finish on time or before the deadline for delivery. Amazingly most Sundays I do finish on time AND, though physically tired, I am relaxed and even renewed!

This morning I found myself singing an old song called "Green Cathedrals" as the shafts of first sun broke thru the trees. So, I share it with you and pray that every day, in every place you and all who are on this giant walkabout of spirit with you are restored in the green cathedrals all around us.

The Green Cathedral
I know a green cathedral, a shadowed forest shrine, Where leaves in love join hands above and arch your prayer and mine. Within its cool depths sacred, the priestly cedar sighs, And the fir and pine lift arms divine unto the pure blue skies. In my dear green cathedral there is a sheltered seat, And choir loft in branched croft, where songs of bird hymns sweet; And I like to dream at evening, when the stars its arches light, That my Lord and God treads its hallowed sod, In the cool calm peace of night.

Becky, let us know if you need some plant sitting or garden tending in the days ahead. I'm glad your MIL will be with you soon. God speed to her.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

September 30, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9290713

Becky hope your day is full of sunshine and sending strength and peace of mind.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2012
5:15 AM

Post #9291798

GOD Morning!!!!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you've got such a GREAT team working with you Becky!! Dunno what's on the agenda for today, but you all stay in my prayers continuously, for strength and that peace that passes all understanding. < =D

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 1, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9291810

Lifting you up in prayer this morning, Becky. Hope we'll soon have a plan for kicking this cancer to the curb!

Praying, too, for all those researchers looking for better treatments and CURES for cancer. A dear cousin and another friend of ours are battling aggressive cancers, hoping to buy a little more time until a cure is found. I don't want to switch the focus of this thread, so no comment needed, but my cousin Gary is having surgery today, so please send up an extra prayer or good thought for him. Thanks.

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 1, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9291915

Beautiful lyrics, Coleup. I'll be adding your cousin Gary to my prayers, Critter, along with those for Becky and my dearest friend, Millie, who are facing the same challenge.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 2, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9293329

Just wanted to say I'm still praying for a cure for you.

Jan

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9293362

Alrighty Tweddly-Dee - we've already spoke this am...but a gentle reminder to the rest of the DG family Bec gets the scary unknown out of the way this afternoon when she meets with her docs for the game plan. Please keep her and Greg in your prayers...God's peace and comfort till meeting time and God's wisdom for her treating team!!

This message was edited Oct 2, 2012 8:30 AM

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 2, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9293390

Sending strength and hugs!

Vicki and Ty
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9293419

Uplifting you and your Greg and your team today!
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 2, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9293850

Praying for a good report and that you and Greg are happy with it. (((((HUGS))))) Ric and Holly

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2012
2:46 PM

Post #9293891

Uhm, nope - didn't get the scary unknown out of the way at all...they cannot find the primary cancer, sooooo, more tests it is...MRI, scope & Liver biopsy, if they can't find anything after all that, I'll be treated for Squamous Cell Carcinoma of unknown origin...on the flip side, there is no cancer anywhere else :-)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 2, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9293898

(((Bec)))) Small steps, but in the right direction. The big thing "No cancer anywhere else" is a VERY good one.

Will continue the prayers...and as always, the hugs for you and Greg. I hope you are happy with your health team...feeling comfort in them is a BIG plus!

Debbie

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 2, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9294118

continuing prayers as always.

Jan
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 3, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #9294542

Seems to me we should take the position that that is great news!
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 4, 2012
9:26 PM

Post #9296308

Becky, continuing prayers here. Glad for the thoroughness of your teams approach. If they can't find primary than I vote it is because you have already eliminated it and are ready to do the same to any remaining lesions.

Hope your Mom in law arrives safely. That will be some good support for you and Greg as your days fill up with appointments and all. Give dear Sammie some hugs and kisses, too.
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 5, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9296595

Thinking of you this fine day, Becky. Hope that all of your travels to and fro bathe you in the glorious golds and reds, and yellows and oranges of this season.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 5, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #9296604

Sending you strength!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 5, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9296617

Thanks all, I am totally enjoying this beautiful day - working, but have windows open, the birds are singing & Friday nite date nite will be at Daks, sitting outside on their patio - enjoying the weather :) (bringing a coat :))

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 5, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9296625

Bec,enjoy your date night, and sneak some chocolate in there somewhere. I am so glad you are enjoying the weather and I think the birds songs are so theraputic.

Here is one that was singing for you yesterday.

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 5, 2012
11:20 AM

Post #9296667

Becky, hope you have a scrumptous date night tonight!! =D (that jacket sounds like a good idea)

Wow Debbie, what an awe-inspiring picture!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 5, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9297027

The swan looks like she is conducting the chorus!
Its a gorgeous nite out tonight, glad you will be enjoying it Bec and Greg!
rubyw
Crozet, VA

October 6, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9297344

Sorry for my absence this week...been battling pneumonia here and it has been no fun at all. On the mend now thankfully and this is the first thread I wanted to check on. Yes, I hear some very positive things here and yes, you do have lots of good thoughts and prayers coming your way Becky. I love your description of yourself...painintheassedness. It will take you far though...

I love the shared story of the person on the phone call commenting that the cancer was just gone...yes, it does happen every day. The particular breast cancer I had was one in which the cancer had died upon its own and hadn't spread. I liked Cole's description of the other organ cancers already being gone, and this liver one being stubborn and needing more aggressive treatment than painintheassedness which surely had a lot to do with ridding the body of any other cancer.

You do have a great cheer leading squad here and on Facebook and who know where else Becky. Know that you are very highly regarded by many and me in particular. Have another great weekend, and yes I needed to be reminded that this isn't a picnic for Greg either, so he will be added to the prayers sent up. Feel the love baby.

Ruby

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 6, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9297370

Thanks Ruby :) the biopsy is scheduled for Wednesday at 9 AM, which in military terms means 11 AM - Mom is driving, I'm bringing the iPad to read and they'll knock me out for the entire procedure so it'll be nothing but a thing :-)

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #9297531

Hello Becky, just checking in to see how you are doing. Sounds like you are doing as well as can be expected. Will anxiously await the news from the biopsy. Keep your spirits up and stay feisty! Hope you are having a good weekend. Terri

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 6, 2012
12:10 PM

Post #9297578

Have a nice nap Wednesday!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 6, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #9297609

Oh, I love that phrase. 'it will be nothing but a thing'. Must remember that. Ditto to Sally's sentiment about having a good nap

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 6, 2012
8:57 PM

Post #9297990

My son is running in a cancer benefit ''Half Full Triathlon'' tomorrow in Columbia MD. Won't be in the winners circle but I will think of you and all our loved ones tomorrow.
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 8, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #9300190

Hope this fall weather cool down has your fiesty fired up!
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 9, 2012
8:51 PM

Post #9301170

Hope the biopsy tomorrow goes well and gives good solid direction to your team and treatment plan.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 10, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #9301318

Hey, lady! We're back home from NC, so we can zip down at need to see you.

Hoping & praying for a "simple" procedure this morning, with quick recovery and some good news answers!

(And I just have to add a thank you on behalf of my cousin's DH... had his neck pretty much flayed open last week, 21 lymph nodes removed... and not a single sign of cancer in any of them!! He's got some more scans and tests ahead, but this is incredibly good news.)

edited because vacation has thrown off my calendar completely LOL

This message was edited Oct 10, 2012 7:46 AM

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 10, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #9301321

Bec, thinking of you this morning with your procedure. Travel safe and will be waiting for a Chantell update I hope!

Jill, great news on your cousin!!!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 10, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9301361

Lifting you, your family, and the team up today. Hugs

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 10, 2012

Post #9301364

Hey, hey - biopsy postponed until tomorrow - seeing GI specialist today. The waiting game continues

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 10, 2012
7:18 AM

Post #9301403

Will wait with you and send you strength!
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 10, 2012
7:24 AM

Post #9301410

Just adding our well wishes. Good luck and hope all goes easy peasy.
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 10, 2012
10:19 AM

Post #9301568

I'm thinking about you too...
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 10, 2012
3:28 PM

Post #9301763

aaagh! hurry up & wait... then wait some more... Hopefully you found out the procedure was cancelled *before* you had to do without coffee & breakfast.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 10, 2012
3:41 PM

Post #9301775

Yes, I did :-) did the scope & yet another place there is no cancer :-)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 10, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9301788

OH Bec, that is such such good news. Still on for tomorrow? Will rally up the troops and be there with you in spirit.

Debbie
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 10, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9301850

Smiling here.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 10, 2012
8:52 PM

Post #9302054

still praying for a complete recovery for you.

Jan
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 11, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9302270

Praying for you today, Becky, and for Greg as he waits to hear the procedure has gone smoothly!
rubyw
Crozet, VA

October 11, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9302300

Thinking loving thoughts of Becky and Greg today...as always.

Ruby

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 11, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #9302604

All went well! :-) Will know results on Thursday - so now we wait! The absolute best with all of this are the docs & staff...kind, treats us with 100% dignity, smiling, funny (I got to 'drive' my bed after the procedure...ok, so I was a 'bit' drugged up) & 150% thorough - no treat & send home there :-)

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 11, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9302624

So glad things are going well. Still sending good wishes and positive thoughts your way.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 11, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #9302678

Sounds like a good day. What a difference perspective and attitude play in this journey.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

October 12, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #9303056

Great news!
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 12, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9303457

Greg, Praying for strength for you. Standing strong beside YOUR LOVE may save her I 'd like to meet you someday, any man that can stand beside her must be very strong of heart. Bec is an inspiration of strength to us all. My God be with you both. Fred være med deg. Ric

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 12, 2012
9:50 PM

Post #9303675

Got that part is over, now heres to hoping for some treatable good news for you.

Jan

Catbird423

Catbird423
Odenton, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 13, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9303825

Becky and Greg, I hope you enjoy this bright, crisp, sunny day. Seems like the perfect day for apple picking if thats your thing. Still sending positive thoughts.
rubyw
Crozet, VA

October 13, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9303851

Becky and Greg...always on my mind. Have a great weekend you two.

Ruby
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 13, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9303908

Bec, TOY, Thinking of you, and Greg. Have a good weekend! Holly's at the beach, again... LOL Ric

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2012
3:37 AM

Post #9304531

Bec, you've been on my mind every day. Just checking in to add my well wishes. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 17, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9307975

Being cautiously optimistic here, but might have very good news tomorrow!!
UMD_Terp
Central, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #9307998

I'm thinking about you! It's a gorgeous day out for leaf peeping!!

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 17, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #9308027

waiting for the good news. Blessing happen all the time, waiting to hear about yours.

Jan
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 17, 2012
10:18 AM

Post #9308028

Have been thinking about how hard 'waiting' is and how many times that's just the skill that's needed at the time or in the situation. I hope your waiting has been enjoyable and productive cause I know it's been active! I'm going to borrow the cautiously optimistic as just what's needed for a few of my irons in the fire.

I am optimistic for you with tomorrow's results/action plan day, because your spirit and life force is strong.

Loved being bathed in the orange light of the turning maples all around...
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 17, 2012
10:25 AM

Post #9308030

The skill of waiting is a hard one to master. Lifting you up today, dear.
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2012
12:05 PM

Post #9308079

I'm thinking of your, Bec, and hoping for the best!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 18, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9309004

Today's update - they couldn't find anything in the liver from the biopsy, so they are doing another one, this time with CT guidance...they are baffled at the tumor and since the biopsy showed nothing, they are making double sure they hit the right places - I'll start chemo the week after...I have found patience I never knew I had and definitely couldn't spell :)
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 18, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9309184

We are here with you watching and waiting. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9309255

That is potentially great news!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 18, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9309366

"baffled" is definitely better than "we're sorry to tell you that..."

Great news that the liver biopsy showed no cancer!! Of course, now there's the mystery of figuring out what was seen in the liver on the scans and why it's there, but having it not be malignant as apparently all the docs said it would be -- that's HUGE.

That's why they always say, it's not cancer for sure until the biopsy comes back to say it's cancer. It might walk like a duck, quack like a duck... and be a platypus. :-)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 18, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9309372

Praying for a platypus!!! Like Jill's thinking.

And remember, it takes a great team to say "we don't know and need to look into this further" instead of pretending they do. That right there
would give me comfort.

As always thoughts and prayers stay with all of you.

Debbie
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2012
4:53 AM

Post #9309538

ditto, ditto, ditto!! Praying for a platypus here, too. Lifting you up as we wait. Enjoy your visit with your mom.
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 19, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9309578

and platypus is easier to spell than patiense!!

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

October 19, 2012
7:24 AM

Post #9309632

LOL praying for a platypus!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 19, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9309677

I just want to say, Becky, you're handling this rollercoaster with a great deal of calm, fortitude, and grace... not unexpected, but still admirable! Praying that you and Greg and your MIL find some happy distractions this weekend and get some good R&R.
rubyw
Crozet, VA

October 21, 2012
7:28 AM

Post #9311158

Lots of love and admiration being sent your way. Love the platypus ending...hoping it is one too.

Ruby

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 21, 2012
7:30 AM

Post #9311160

yeah, see they've done cat scans but have they done a platypus scan? I suspect not,
Thinking of you guys!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 21, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9311168

Lifting you up for healing miracles, grace, and strength...

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2012
11:52 AM

Post #9313235

All went well today, will get results from biopsy next week - chemo to start end Oct/beg Nov...I'm doing great, feeling good & loving the beautiful weather we've been blessed with!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 23, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #9313240

Good news. Thanks for sharing. Sending my daily dose of strength.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

October 23, 2012
12:01 PM

Post #9313254

Bec that is good news. Fingers and toes crossed (its hard to walk like that) but continuing thoughts and prayers.

Good weather helps keep the spirits up. How are the furbabies behaving for you? I hope giving extra TLC.

Hugs,
Debbie
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9313286

Chiming in with best wishes from our house!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2012
1:38 PM

Post #9313342

Hoping for all the best to continue. .
I was really comforted by how my Mom sailed through chemo several years ago. So many advances made recently that it should just be a 'thing' and then, back to fun!! Worst part of her treatments was that the TV was always tuned to Maury Povich show!

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 23, 2012
7:40 PM

Post #9313623

Thanks for the update, as we all are pulling for you. Glad you are blessed with some wonderful weather to make your day brighter.

Jan
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9313648

Doing a happy dance here!!! Glad you are enjoying the nice weather and fall colors. Continuing to lift you up in prayer
VA_Wild_Rose
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2012
9:12 PM

Post #9313690

Thinking of you tonight Bec... and continuing prayers and positive thoughts for you!
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 24, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9313814

We are, too. Thoughts and prayers, to help you keep up your strength.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 24, 2012
5:41 AM

Post #9313816

I'm sure there's concern about just what's in your liver & why, even if it's a benign platypus, but it's very, very good news that they've found NO cancer there! And better yet, looking back, you've had biopsies at a bunch of other sites with "no cancer here!" results. SO I'm viewing the chemo as a precaution, necessary because cancer was found in ONE lymph node (now removed). I'm praying that you'll sail through your treatments, and that will be that, no more cancer, ever!

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #9313923

Glad to hear the latest news - sounds so promising. Keeping you in my daily thoughts and prayers.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 24, 2012
10:37 AM

Post #9314086

Thoughts and prayers continue on this end here too!! Who knows, maybe all they really **did** find was a platypus in your liver and they're just too dumbfounded to tell you?? =)

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

October 24, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9314089

LOL

Always in my prayers
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9316082

Becky, hope you are getting some outside time in the beautiful weather our area is having and you and Gregg have another date nite or two planned.

Are you still caring for feral cats at your place or have they been rehomed? My three "kittens" recognize the sound of my car as I drive down the hill and come and greet me whenever I leave or reenter the house. Curiously all three of them meow for food! Maybe it's like vocalizing for mama and I definitely am now their source of food. Glad the brothers have banded together and are sticking somewhat close.

Hey, and we are banded together for you, too!
rubyw
Crozet, VA

October 27, 2012
9:43 AM

Post #9316950

All reports sound good. I am with Jill in hopes that nothing futher will be found that can be labeled as cancer. What a long strange trip this has been, to quote the late and great Jerry Garcia.

Ruby

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9319025

Update!!! Doc called today since my apt on Tuesday got canceled due to the 'touch of weather' we're experiencing - they second biopsy confirmed 100% no cancer in the liver, he told me the name of what is could possibly be and it's a tumor forming live cell, totally benign - so, start chemo next week to kill the Squamous cells, it'll be a 5 month treatment, total of 6 cycles and CT follow-ups every 3 mos, since they really have nothing to compare it to. We're happy, we're elated - and my MIL wants to beat the hell out of the first doc :) Hugs to all and stay safe during the storm!!!!
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2012

Post #9319038

OMG -- that is all wonderful news. Probably as well that the first doctor was ultra-conservative -- better than the reverse!
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2012

Post #9319039

Wow Becky that is great news!

Does your mil need a ride? Bless the "mama bear" in us all.

You all stay safe. too.
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 29, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9319040

That sounds good Bec, You have our prayers and wishes for a successful treatment and your well being.
Does your MIL need someone to drive Her? Ric & Holly

ROTFL Judy and I cross posted! I guess everyone knows what we think of him.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2012 1:05 PM
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #9319055

Thinking we would all volunteer to drive your dear MIL. I am beyond excited for you!!!!! Praising God!!

Gitagal

Gitagal
Baltimore, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2012
10:28 AM

Post #9319062

Very glad to hear the good news...That makes 2 miracles in the same month.

The woman, who at my HD who just finished Chemo for her breast cancer, then had surgery
to have lymph nodes removed. has just been declared cancer free.
She will still have to do the radiation, but the worst is over.

Her name is Cara--and she is never without a smile on her face. A very "up" person.
Throughout all this, she has been out full-time Greeter at the front entrance and wears
a different hat every day.
Just yesterday, when we had the Trick or Treat function for all the little kiddies,
she was in full attire (in purple) as a Witch. Good role--as she is about 6'2" and a big girl.

Hope you stay "up" as well. seems you are doing a good job at that.

Wishing you the best! Gita

ecnalg

ecnalg
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2012
11:16 AM

Post #9319125

What wonderful news, Becky. Thanks for giving us something positive to focus on as the storm approaches. Maybe some of what seemed like wind gusts were huge sighs of relief.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #9319330

What wonderful news!!!!!

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9320034

Becky, this is great, great news.
ssgardener
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2012
8:49 AM

Post #9320150

Becky, what excellent news! :)
rubyw
Crozet, VA

October 30, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9320176

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news...couldn't have happened to a better person. I know that this has really been a soul searching time for you and that you have grown in your strengths and beliefs. Surviving something such as this has a way of developing our characters and are often times useful in transforming lives. I have always admired you for your grit, and know that the battle you have just won will serve to offer hope and encouragement to so many people who need those things. Yeah, the wind around us is the heavens sighing with relief. Love you muchly Becky!!! I wrote elsewhere earlier that I wanted good reports from you and have granted my wish...I couldn't be more thrilled.

Ruby

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 31, 2012
2:15 AM

Post #9320793

Becky what wonderful news!!!! It's a platypus after all, yaayyy!!!!!!!!! < =D

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2012
3:32 AM

Post #9320810

Hallelujah, will continue to sing to the Lord over this first victory. I will continue to pray for more victories for you.

Jan
GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9323954

Praise God! Wonderful news Becky!
rubyw
Crozet, VA

November 4, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9324158

Ditto, ditto, ditto...have a good weekend Becky and Greg.

Ruby

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 5, 2012
6:07 PM

Post #9325636

The porta cath I had implanted on Friday was an interesting experience...I'm walking around with a $10K device in/on my chest :) Got my wig today, they arranged a "Look good, feel good" class for us and while I originally wanted a red curly wig, I looked like Carrot Top, so that was out! I did however get a black and silver gray bob - if you're gonna look like you're wearing a wig, why not go totally opposite - I'll more than likely be wearing hats and scarves, it's hot and itchy!! Chemo starts on Thursday, they have given me every medication and supplement available to keep me somewhat well through this, met all my chemo nurses, it's not a bad looking treatment room at all - coffee, tea, water and snacks - nice chairs, I'll bring my iPad and spend time reading and sleeping, a nutritionist will be coming by on Thurs and a therapist as well - they are even providing the legal stuff, JAG will help with living/wills, DNR's, POA - I cannot say enough good things about the treatment I have received so far at Reed, you really feel well taken care of and my team is incredible! Tomorrow I'll find out what the platypus really is...:-)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va

Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 5, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9325662

I am soooo encouraged by you

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 5, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9325665

Bec, you're getting the star treatment that you deserve!
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9325680

Carrot top would have been fun!

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 5, 2012
8:47 PM

Post #9325757

Yes I would have loved a red head... as my red is now all grey...LOL

Glad to hear they are doing well by you. Here is to treament that doesn't get you down (feeling bad).

Please do when you can keep us posted. Continued prayers for full recovery!

Jan

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2012
2:36 AM

Post #9325797

Becky, that wig looks GREAT on you, the style is adorable!! I agree with you, why not go totally oposite and go all out? :) May I say, you look really young in that picture, more like a platinum blonde than silver/gray. (you know what they say about blondes??) ;)

The prayers, they just keep on'a comin'!!! Exodus 17:12
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2012
3:39 AM

Post #9325810

Good morning Becky. When I read about your expensive device I immediately pictured those victoria secret fantasy bras. Certainly sounds like you are in good hands with your Reed team. Nice to hear that treatment is so comprehensive compared to what it used to be.
Is your MIL still with you all? Hugs to Greg and Samie. I, too, like your new look .
And of course keeping up prayers for all.
Brrrr, a freeze here, but plants all put away in prep for sandy

May you shine brightly through the days ahead and be filled with the Light that overcomes all darkness.

Thumbnail by coleup

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

November 6, 2012
4:59 AM

Post #9325843

Love the wig. A dark red would look good. Maybe your next one?

When I read Your comment about the bra I was thinking about how many people get what goes in them. LOL

Good luck and sending strength.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012

Post #9325916

Bec, my daughter had the port a cath, it had the longer tube (18 to 24 inches) coming off...and she would wear a camosole with the little shelf bra in it and the tubes would fold inside. Is yours like that or is it all under the skin? As much as you don't like it...trust me when I say it will save your veins in the long run and make access much less painful.

I too love the wig. Do you remember my Mom, you all did a hat & scarf party for her. She NEVER wore her wig, hated it. Would tell people, my heads perfect why put hair on it and mess with my natural beauty! She was right too! Do what is right for YOU and puts a smile on your face.

Continued thoughts and prayers...

Debbie

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9325923

Wig looks great!

We're here with you!!!
rubyw
Crozet, VA

November 6, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9326008

Becky, you would look good wearing a mop, so no worries.

Ruby
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2012
10:58 AM

Post #9326132

LOL, Ruby -- and you're totally right!

Bec, we still need to reschedule our get-together... you can borrow my blond "pixie" wig! It's fairly lightweight, but still once I started getting hot flashes I rarely wore it. I've got several cute hats to pass along also (crocheted by a DG friend).

SO encouraged by how all of this is going along... praying for that platypus to be totally harmless, too. If it's at all fast-growing, maybe the squamous cell chemo will knock it down in size.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2012
1:59 PM

Post #9326304

Ok, the Platypus is (they think!) Focal nodular hyperplasia - a benign growth, normally not as many as I have, but nothing about my diagnosis has been "normal", so why should this be :-) we'll do a CT after 2 treatments to see if there are any changes, they've taken away everything I love (when my blood levels plummet) - Sushi, rare steaks, salad bars - I told him I'd come hunt him down if chocolate doesn't taste good. We bought every antibacterial cleaner known to man...so germaphobic lifestyle for a while :-) it's all good & I'll do just fine!

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 6, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9326318

Oh noes, we can't have chocolate tasting bad!! I know where to get some good weapons if that hunt becomes necessary. ;)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
2:46 PM

Post #9326348

Remember antibacterial wipes for your purse also for door knobs and restrooms...shopping cart handles!

I think you need a Perry the Platypus mascot to be a detective for you!!
(Phineas and Ferb cartoon)

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 6, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9326376

Yeah, I think I groused more about chocolate, Coke, and coffee tasting nasty than about anything else during treatment... I usually "got them back" a day or two before my next treatment, so I'd show up in the treatment room with a nutritious breakfast of a Milky Way bar and a Coke, LOL.

Caution is good, but a lot will depend on how hard your white cell count gets hit by the chemo... some people have to take extreme measures the whole time, while others are just fine going out to Walmart or whatever a couple days after treatment. Salad bars aren't just a bad idea because of the risk of germs... your digestive system can get pretty tender during treatment (lots of fast-growing cells in the lining of your gut, so it takes a hit just like hair follicles do), so you probably won't be wanting raw veggies anyway.

I hope the list of what you CAN still do during treatment will surprise you! With all the ways to help with side effects, many people pretty much sail through chemo... a few days of feeling low, and then they're off to the races again. I'm hoping that will be you!
Gracye
Warrenton, VA

November 6, 2012
3:34 PM

Post #9326393

You know what I do when I grab a shopping cart at a store that has no sanitary wipes? I pull out my little bottle of get antiseptic, splat it on my handsies, and then rub it over the clear "roller" handle that you grab. Well, my mom was a nurse on a ship in WWII...so what do you expect? Yes, you can eat off my floors. Arthritic knees be dam--d!

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 6, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9326455

Dear Bec - I shall share what I've taught thing one and two...starting with the basic of making it a new habit to keep hands away from mouth - use fist or ideally elbow to push open doors...heck a foot will do. Our cell phones and bottom of our purses carry all kinds of cooties - wipe em down. Public toilets? Flush with your back to them - ok...takes practice but worth it...those flushes spew 'stuff' quite far. At home? Lid down - then flush...your toothbrush will thank you. And no more drinking oughta Sammie's bowl...got it? :-)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 6, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9326468

Chantell, that last one is going to be hard...she and Sammie share a night cap quite often! Ease up on the puppy and kitty kisses also. Don't need to avoid kitties...but watch for scratches, avoid...and use neosporin if one does happen asap.

Sadly, alcohol thins the blood...something you don't want now...so that is another no-no.

AND be careful about any supplements you take with folic acid. Ask the doctor before continuing them as they can mess with chemo.

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9327512

LOL Debbie!!! Y'all please keep our Becky in thought and prayer tomorrow as she starts her chemo!! And if you're not prayed out...my sister (3 1/2 years my junior) is having to have surgery next Wed...would you hold her up in prayer as well? As always...thanks to each of you!!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 7, 2012
8:12 PM

Post #9327525

You got it kiddo...sister prayers also Chantell!

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2012
3:32 AM

Post #9327621

Oh most certainly yes, there's always room for more prayers! Keeping them coming for you, Becky, as you take a new step in your journey toward FULL RECOVERY of Platypusitis. =)

aspenhill

aspenhill
Lucketts, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2012
4:01 AM

Post #9327632

Becky, I'm praying that you will weather this first chemo treatment well. Thoughts are with you my friend. And Chantell, I'll add prayers for your sister.
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2012
4:52 AM

Post #9327661

Becky, surrounding you and yours with prayers and hugs today

Adding prayers for you sister, Chantell
rubyw
Crozet, VA

November 8, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9327777

Here is hoping and praying that the treatment goes well and we have our very spirited Becky back sooner rather than later. Lots of kindly thoughts coming your way today Becky.

Ruby
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9327821

Thought of you numerous times today and continuing prayers coming your way. Judy

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9327827

I'm getting my first batch of chemo right now & considering the amount of poison being injected, I'm feeling nothing...of course it's early yet, but now that it's being injected I'm over the tiny bit of nerves I had - Tiz'nutin but a thing :-)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 8, 2012
8:39 AM

Post #9327855

You don't see us Bec, but Izzy and I are right there with you...we're hiding behind that curtain...don't tell!!!

You are being very brave, lots of hugs and "sanitized" puppy kisses!

Debbie

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9328245

Giggle, I knew I felt something hot breathing down my neck :) Chemo wasn't half bad, considering & even if I know it was the first treatment I feel just fine...I'm sure it'll deteriorate as we go along, but I'm the forever optimist :)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

November 8, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #9328285

That is a wonderful way to look at it...sorry Izzy was breathing on you, at least it wasn't slobber! lol

Rest up!

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9328290

Why did Bec come through with flying colors?!? Come on Bec...tell em' why?
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9328303

All ears!!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9328398

'cause I am THAT GOOD!!! :-)

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9328403

HA!!!!! There we go...was thinkin' I was gonna have to finish it for you...sheesh
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 8, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9328472

Praying...

Becky, here's to that chemo going on a "search & destroy" mission to blast any remaining suspicious-looking cell into oblivion. Praying for smooth sailing through the whole treatment process!

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 8, 2012
9:29 PM

Post #9328492

Keep praying for that :-) I'm realistic to know that steroids are helping me feel great & ready to party - but, that it'll more than likely be but a few days & then I'll feel like crap for a while...
VA_Wild_Rose
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2012
10:45 PM

Post #9328504

So glad for your positive attitude and feeling good!
Happy that the first chemo went well...
Keep that chin up!
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
4:52 AM

Post #9328575

Yes, you ARE!!!

I just had a mind image of the search and destroy mission. Love that! Praying for a good weekend
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #9328630

Bec, Prayers that you are weathering well. I remember a young fella that would provide his beloved mom a little "tokin" as a show of his support after she'd had her chemo. It did help her, but that was the 70's and chemo was more of a shotgun treatment than science. :>} Ric
rubyw
Crozet, VA

November 9, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9328673

Had to read the "tokin" a few times before knowing what you were speaking of Ric. Have heard that a lot of folks use tokin as a way of alleviating some of the side effects. I have a doctor who mentions it every time I visit him as a possibility for my ails. I always say thank you, I have had enough. I am of the belief, that a person has to do, what a person has to do. Pain is essential, suffering optional.

Ruby

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9328713

Happy to hear all the positive reports Becky!

Hey C girl- ya might want to start a new thread at some point, given how things at this point have turned SO optimistic!! And its not so much cancer as a Thing or a Platypus...

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9329023

Tidbit for todays cancer patients with severe side effects, they still suggest Mary J as a relief :-)
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9329235

That's what I was tokin about. LOL Ric
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9329256

Sally, the mass in Becky's liver turned out to be a "platypus," but she's still doing a chemo series because of the squamous cell cancer that was found in the swollen lymph node (now removed) that started off this whole diagnostic effort. The great thing is that now she's doing a "just in case" chemo series, rather than a "no-holds-barred" maximum dose chemo series (which is what she thought she'd be looking at if the big thing in her liver had also turned out to be squamous cell cancer).

So having the platypus in the picture sort of turned the diagnosis from Cancer with a big "C" to little "c" cancer. :-)

But I agree... 240 responses on this thread, and chemo underway... time for a new thread as we hold Becky close in our thoughts and lift her up with our prayers!

I'll be back with a link to a continuation thread...
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9329279

Please join us here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1287396/

(I figured I'd better get a new thread going, because I'm sure Chantell is busy celebrating about her New Job!)

Chantell

Chantell
Middle of, VA
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9329326

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1287402/ s...but here's Part II of the journey for Bec,,, sorry all got side tracked...please head on over to thread above...thank you, Jill!!!

This message was edited Nov 9, 2012 9:47 PM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-Atlantic Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic Gardening forum Terry 51 Jan 6, 2009 12:54 AM
Happy Hollow trip in MD who's in??? magoobu 48 Apr 26, 2007 12:41 PM
rocks??? nikki_conway 68 Jan 18, 2011 6:26 PM
Liriope - evergreen here? pennefeather 18 Aug 2, 2010 6:18 AM
Pineapple sage recipe to share. ladygardener1 18 Nov 5, 2010 4:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America