Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Recipes: Recipes for green papaya?

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 2, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pestee42
Molino, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 19, 2012
11:46 AM

Post #9280195

Hi, I grew a papaya tree for the first time this year just for fun. Now I have several very large but green papaya's on the tree. I doubt they will ripen before our first freeze. Surely not all of them will anyway. I have no idea what to do with them so all suggestions are welcome. They are beautiful I don't want them to go to waste. Just had a thought. Could I slice and dehydrate them too?
Thanks.

I posted on the cooking site too.
dillansnana
Hemet, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 6, 2013
11:15 AM

Post #9510575

Just noticed your ? while looking thru old threads. I would suggest you find a recipe on line for picked green papaya. I've had it at a Phillipino restaurant. I know Thai cooks make a salad out of it also. Loved the pickled green papaya. Love to hear from you if you try this.

Sylvia Kinnee

lavender4ever

lavender4ever
(Louise) Highland, MI
(Zone 5b)

May 20, 2013
7:09 PM

Post #9527803

My cook in the Philippines would sauté chicken with garlic, onions, and ginger, add stock and green papayas and stew until tender. You could substitute chayote too.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America