(Zone 5b)

Life gets too busy and haven't had time to be on line much. Had to come check out what you were all up to!

10 of my laying hens went to a new home last week, wow do we miss the eggs! They were starting to molt, the yard looks like a feather pillow. I still have 6 Marans, 1 Barred Rock, 12 Welsummers, and 10 Easter Eggers. The Wellies and EE'ers won't be old enough to lay until sometime in November. I'm excited to see what the Wellies will lay, I ordered them as day old chicks from Whitmore farms, had to wait several months for them because of the long waiting list.

Nice to see you all!

AnnieBBB

:-)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi, AnnieBBB. My girls are molting too. I got i egg today. First 1 in 4 days. Going to thin my flock for winter. Feed is too expensive.

Bridgewater, ME

Mine are just starting to molt,had a forst this morning,ground was white when I got up.Nice to have the cooler weather but I know whats comming.LOL

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Same molting situation here, the hens and the peacocks. Our yard is rainbow snow!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

TE, do you collect the feathers?

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

I rake up what is in the run and compost. Everything else blows through the yard and the dogs chase and just generally have fun with.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

How often do the males shed those beautiful tail feathers?

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Mine shed once a year right after breeding season, which seems to be late summer for us. I've been told it is usually early summer but my peacocks are goofy.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

terri, mine mate in early spring. nobody in the neighborhood sleeps during mating season

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

One again, my peacocks are goofy. They are very quiet. I cannot see my neighbors during the day, only their lights at night. But sound carries and several neighbors have mentioned that they didn't realise I had peacocks and they were surprised because, in their past experiences with peacock owners, they could here the noise very clearly. I must just have weird peacocks!?! My first male's name is Mr Chicken because he seems to like hanging out with my chickens rather than the other peacocks.

Richmond, TX

Goofy indeed! I have never known a quiet peacock.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

Mr Chicken is very currious, too. Most peacocks can only think of themselves....LOL!

(Zone 6b)

Like.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.